It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Love is love and should be celebrated, not put down and belittled. It doesn't matter which gender you are. If you love someone who has the same reproductive organs as yourself, it does not matter. The God that I believe in celebrates love, and doesn't damn you to hell for all of eternity for loving someone.

The Bible is riddled with hatred, bigotry, wrath, and rage. God is love, light, and eternal peace. I don't understand people who hate gay people just because they have love for another human being. It's wrong, and pitiful. Celebrate love. If there was more love in the world, maybe it wouldn't be as fudged up as it is.

Oh....and S&F

edit on 30-5-2013 by Quyll because: addition

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Thanks but I'm in Canada. Was sort of hoping that we did things a little more sensibly up here but I was wrong.

Stay tuned we are privatizing the prison system soon, we should be on par in no time.

For the record by argument to not allow gay marriage is invalid yes.

My opinion that children should be raised by both genders cannot changed I fear regardless of the obvious humanity deregulation that's gone on without my noticing. Thats my opinion, I have a right to voice it because i never stated to dislike anyone.

And tranny is NOT the N word. If you think so you must not know any.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

You do have the right to your opinion.
It's wrong but you are totally entitled to having it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

You THINK it's wrong and thats your right. But you nor anyone has a monopoly over what is right outside of math and grammar, which is something e-tough folk sometimes has trouble with. Im not directing that at you or anyone else Im just saying its an observation of mine.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Thanks but I'm in Canada. Was sort of hoping that we did things a little more sensibly up here but I was wrong.

Stay tuned we are privatizing the prison system soon, we should be on par in no time.

For the record by argument to not allow gay marriage is invalid yes.

My opinion that children should be raised by both genders cannot changed I fear regardless of the obvious humanity deregulation that's gone on without my noticing. Thats my opinion, I have a right to voice it because i never stated to dislike anyone.

And tranny is NOT the N word. If you think so you must not know any.

So by your statement, single people should not be allowed to raise their children, after all someone cannot be two genders. And yes I know several, and at least in the USA "Tranny" is considered a derogatory term, the proper term is transgendered.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It seems the debate has thread-jumped.

Gettin' popcorn for this one.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Debate? Doesn't a debate have to consist of two arguments?

All I saw were some trouncings and some half-hobbled together non-arguments.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You THINK it's wrong and thats your right. But you nor anyone has a monopoly over what is right outside of math and grammar, which is something e-tough folk sometimes has trouble with. Im not directing that at you or anyone else Im just saying its an observation of mine.

another contradiction, imagine my surprise. You are able to tell some else they are wrong, but you KNOW you are right, hypocrit much? You have no monopoly either, but yet you are willing to tell others they are wrong and not equal to you. You don't even limit it to gays, you also believe that single parents are less than you.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Gay couples can adopt, pull your head out of the 1950's and join us over here in the 21st century where for some reason this is still an issue and we haven't moved on to more important things.

So, what your saying is....... Your constant pestering and bothersome behavior towards government has forced them into allowing what goes far past "rights" as it pertains to equality and now you wan't to beg the state for adopting children?

Children that were conceived between a man and a women but that you undoubtedly have the RIGHT to adopt because gay couples are all about love and nurturing and just because you couldn't conceive a child is no reason for backward thinking that possibly you were not really intended to raise one "together".

Talk about alcoholic fathers and broken families all you want. I support gay "rights" up and to a point but adoption is where it ends and I start to get a little unhinged because it's profane to say you have some right to do it when clearly, you do not.

Your validation in this situation comes from the state and the state alone, I guess it's no wonder most gay activist are staunch liberals.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Gay couples can adopt, pull your head out of the 1950's and join us over here in the 21st century where for some reason this is still an issue and we haven't moved on to more important things.

So, what your saying is....... Your constant pestering and bothersome behavior towards government has forced them into allowing what goes far past "rights" as it pertains to equality and now you wan't to beg the state for adopting children?

Children that were conceived between a man and a women but that you undoubtedly have the RIGHT to adopt because gay couples are all about love and nurturing and just because you couldn't conceive a child is no reason for backward thinking that possibly you were not really intended to raise one "together".

Talk about alcoholic fathers and broken families all you want. I support gay "rights" up and to a point but adoption is where it ends and I start to get a little unhinged because it's profane to say you have some right to do it when clearly, you do not.

Your validation in this situation comes from the state and the state alone, I guess it's no wonder most gay activist are staunch liberals.

So you would rather have children in foster care or orphanages, than to be raised in a loving family, even if both parents were the same gender? Do not know where you are but the foster system here in the USA has some serious issues.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm sorry, did you call me a liberal for feeling that homosexual couple should have the same rights as a heterosexual couple? And that little bit about my constant pestering and bothersome behavior, well, I guess you must view the civil rights movement of the 1950's as constant pestering and bothersome behavior, too. Did you by chance miss the big 'ol list of states I posted back on page two listing the status of LGBT adoptions in the individual states? My vindication in this situation comes from the fact that humans in general should be treated as equals and I'm not clinging to some archaic belief that homosexuals in and of themselves are harmful to anything in any way, shape or form.

By the by, I'm heterosexual, married and have a child.
edit on 5/30/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

So you would rather have children in foster care or orphanages, than to be raised in a loving family, even if both parents were the same gender? Do not know where you are but the foster system here in the USA has some serious issues.

That argument is tiresome and quite frankly one that has been used a thousand times before now. The answer is that the children need to be protected at all costs. I grew up without parents and it made me stronger and the person I am today.

Every gay couple is not the same, some are good and some are bad but at the end of the day, the gay population is a tiny minority and we do not need children raised in that type of environment because it is not natural and it's unfair to the children who never had a choice.

Gay ADULTS can petition for whatever rights and considerations they want and I largely agree they should have them but when it comes to children and the gay communities perceived rights to them, I say no, I say no on common sense grounds but also on grounds that say there is ZERO evidence to sustain the notion that a child raised in a gay home is any better off than one raised in a foster home.

Maybe you would be shocked by the results of that study if one was ever done. I wouldn't.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry, did you call me a liberal for feeling that homosexual couple should have the same rights as a heterosexual couple? And that little bit about my constant pestering and bothersome behavior, well, I guess you must view the civil rights movement of the 1950's as constant pestering and bothersome behavior, too. Did you by chance miss the big 'ol list of states I posted back on page two listing the status of LGBT adoptions in the individual states? My vindication in this situation comes from the fact that humans in general should be treated as equals and I'm not clinging to some archaic belief that homosexuals in and of themselves are harmful to anything in any way, shape or form.

By the by, I'm heterosexual, married and have a child.

Great for you. Homosexual couples have no rights to children. None at all. Please explain why they do.....

Humans in general should all be treated as equals, that has absolutely no bearing on who is fit to raise children, it only covers individual adults. You are misinformed, a bleeding heart and are thinking with the wrong part of your body.

Your idea of utopia not withstanding, show me legal, factual or credible reasons why it is ok to dish out kids to gay couples who could not ever have them naturally. Then, please further explain in detail how that may effect the child and what studies have been done to confirm it will cause no damage. Thanks.

The whole utopia thing sounds great though, I agree, I wish I would have been alive for woodstock, I could use more hugs..........

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually, that falls on you.
Prove to me why they don't deserve to have children.

Oh, wait...............YOU CAN'T

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
First to the OP I am sorry for your lose, and for all of you that may have lost a loved on due to ignorace and hate.

The sad thing is that we are in the year 2013 and still cannot politely have a discussion, not about what someone is doing in the privacy of their own home, or even in a parade, but that we still feel the need to judge.

The stats of those that take their lives, are thrown out of their homes, or brutilized dont really make the paper or the front page, they are only seen as the jokers in a comedy, or as comedy relief, but there is a different side to all stories, and this one still seems to carry a stigma that has been going on for far to long.

Hopefull this thread wil stay alive and on-topic so that the above videos can be seen.

S&F,
Peace, NRE.
\

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, these issues are conveniently swept under the carpet and forgotten by most. It was very difficult for me to share my own story but I think it's important for people out there in computerland to understand, that you are conversing with real life human beings with real life stories.

I agree that it has taken far too long for the stigma to go. I am old enough to remember homosexulity being decriminalised in my childhood (mid 1980's) It has been about 30 years and people still resist us and treat us like subhumans because of who we are.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Actually, that falls on you.
Prove to me why they don't deserve to have children.

Oh, wait...............YOU CAN'T

Sure I can, because they can't produce them. Unless they beg, petition and blowhorn the state to ALLOW them to do it. Sure, thats what free people do, beg the state to allow them to do something because they really deserve it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Bigoted non-answer. Try again.

Destroyer of words, meet The Destroyer.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

reply to post by BubbaJoe

That argument is tiresome and quite frankly one that has been used a thousand times before now. The answer is that the children need to be protected at all costs. I grew up without parents and it made me stronger and the person I am today.

Every gay couple is not the same, some are good and some are bad but at the end of the day, the gay population is a tiny minority and we do not need children raised in that type of environment because it is not natural and it's unfair to the children who never had a choice.

Gay ADULTS can petition for whatever rights and considerations they want and I largely agree they should have them but when it comes to children and the gay communities perceived rights to them, I say no, I say no on common sense grounds but also on grounds that say there is ZERO evidence to sustain the notion that a child raised in a gay home is any better off than one raised in a foster home.

Maybe you would be shocked by the results of that study if one was ever done. I wouldn't.

From some of the things I have seen about children being raised by gay parents, if has been found that they do quite well. I am well aware that every gay couple is not the same, however, not every heterosexual couple are the same either. There is also ZERO evidence that a child raised in a foster home is better off than one that is raised in a gay home, we might both be shocked by the results of that study. My main premise is that all human beings are entitled to the same rights, I honestly have no dog in this fight. I am a heterosexual white male with 5 children, I just do not like seeing people being declared they are unequal for any reason, bigotry and intolerance just crank me right the hell up.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

I didn't realize that raising children was a requirement of marriage. They should probably change the definition then.

No but marriage is a requirement for adoption if im not mistaken. To make sure the child get as stable of an environment as possible.

gay marriage will by default open the door to gay adoption, which i'm not for

I could care less if gay people get married, but i know for sure it can only lead to one place and that im not okay with.

sue me!

I would simply ask you this;

Which would you prefer? A child being raised in a straight home where the father is a violent alcoholic and the mother is a meth addict?, or in the home of 2 people of the same gender who treasure the child they have been able to adopt?

I have a little 7 year old nephew and this little kid practically begs me and my partner to adopt him. Of course we won't because he is in a stable family as it is, but if a 7 year old kid sees past the homosexual parenting thing, then why as adults can't we?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Actually many studies have been done and they do say that they are brought up well and do not turn gay because of it.
I know you can get bad gay couples just like you can get bad hetro couples but to adopt a child is not an easy task, your life is looked at with a fine toothcomb, not so If you just have a kid, I mean any idiot can make a child but it is harder to be a parent.
Gay couples who adopt are normally successful, decent human beings who just want to help a kid out and to show them love where they were not getting any.
Studies show that the child is more tolerant of minority groups and grow up fine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join