It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Very sad. On the other hand, bullying goes on as it always has for ANY difference you display to the majority of other people. If you are not honest enough to have the human nature discussion and are content to cherry pick the gay issue, that's up to you.

it doesn't matter if your nose it too big, your chin to broad, you have too many freckles or are to short or tall. People pick apart anything and prey on the weak. It's not a gay issue, it's a human issue.

FFS..........

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

There is nothing wrong with gay people.

They should be treated equally.

Doesn't meant they should be allowed to marry.

That has nothing to do with equality.
The sad thing is.
This is Dumbest Post on ATS.
Four Sentences , and two Contradictions within the Four
And you truly think you said something clever
edit on 30-5-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

Yet you give no evidence as to why this statement is wrong.

A little kid calling names, because he doesn't get his way.

That's what your reply is.

What name did I call?

I have to give evidence as to why that wasn't dumb???

give me evidence why you should even bother typing a response! that's how drunk you sound right now.

I never asked for evidence i asked for a reason.

try reading before you yap off.

Well... you implied that the poster was dumb.

And I was using that sentence as a metaphor. Keep up.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

Gay couples can adopt, pull your head out of the 1950's and join us over here in the 21st century where for some reason this is still an issue and we haven't moved on to more important things.

Some states allow lesbian and gay couples to adopt children jointly, making both parents legal parents at the same time. Usually, these adoptions are done through domestic or international adoption agencies or independently (where the adopting parents deal directly with the birth parents or through an intermediary, like an attorney).

Your last post was so riddled with bigotry and ignorance I didn't even really want to reply but, as we can clearly see, here I am.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I didn't realize that raising children was a requirement of marriage. They should probably change the definition then.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Its pretty awesome how you excluded the part about children being EQUALLY exposed to both parents while being raised is important from my post you quoted...

Cherry pick much?

Why did you go through the trouble of erasing that part, you straight forward honorable soul you.

Using the Ground Breaking Information you hold so Dearly, Children being Exposed to two Parents was it?

So , Using your Brain Child now.

That means Children raised by Single Parents MUST be Suffering from the Lack of Exposure to Both Parents.

Thats why I deleted that "important" line from the Quote.

Because it has No Merit.

Actually Im sure i did suffer. My mom tried to be a good dad but it didn't fill the spot. In the end i relied on classic rock to give me my virtues and that's probably the reason I don't like female singers. I relate to music different now.

Maybe you should give mental health of children a little more thought before you bully and beat down anyone that doesn't agree with you.

you like being a bully and picking on people you think are dumb? does that do it for you?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89

I didn't realize that raising children was a requirement of marriage. They should probably change the definition then.

No but marriage is a requirement for adoption if im not mistaken. To make sure the child get as stable of an environment as possible.

gay marriage will by default open the door to gay adoption, which i'm not for

I could care less if gay people get married, but i know for sure it can only lead to one place and that im not okay with.

sue me!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I knew a gay person and had no problems with him.
He committed suicide last year after he couldn't take the bullying anymore.

I'm not against gays. If you're gay, that's cool. It's not like you had a say in the matter; it is something you're born with and cannot be changed (right now, anyways).

What I DO have a problem with is the homosexual agenda. I am sick of having it shoved in my face, I am sick of being told it is "normal" (it isn't and it never will be). I am sick of being told that I have to "tolerate and accept" it, I am sick of watching innocent children being brainwashed into thinking it's normal, or taught homosexual sex acts. I'm just sick of hearing it.

If you're gay, keep it to yourself. As long as you're not telling me how awesome it is to be gay, or making out with another in public, I don't care! No one does!

People that hate gay people are simply not very intelligent. Bigotry is associated with low IQ's.

Oh, and this. I AM SO SICK OF THIS TOO! I am sick of being told I am a "bigot" or a "homophobe" because I don't agree with homosexuality. Sick of this degradation simply because we're 2 stoopid to not see how great homosexuality is. For all this bull you speak of, "tolerance and acceptance", you refuse to accept the other's opinion.

Then again, tolerance has always been a one way street.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My uncle and his partner adopted two kids from really rough childhoods, a girl and a boy about three years back and the social say that they have done wonders for them both. Both like the opposite sex and are glad to be in a loving home.
They call my uncle Dad and his partner Daddy, they understand that they are gay and couldn't care less, they are loved doing very well at school and are going to grow up decent people.
Kids do not discriminate until others brainwash them into doing so.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I recant!

turns out gay adoption is legal in Canada. My fight is over!

thanks for all the wisdom... bullies!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You're welcome.
Now I expect you to go and do something with that new-found wisdom, unlike most of the other people on this planet.

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

My uncle and his partner adopted two kids from really rough childhoods, a girl and a boy about three years back and the social say that they have done wonders for them both. Both like the opposite sex and are glad to be in a loving home.
They call my uncle Dad and his partner Daddy, they understand that they are gay and couldn't care less, they are loved doing very well at school and are going to grow up decent people.
Kids do not discriminate until others brainwash them into doing so.

gay adoption would be fine for now however relying on broken homes and tragic circumstances is like a city budget relying on traffic fines. Its hardly sustainable if we strive to be better.

anyways im out.

link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

I'll step up to the plate then.

There is nothing wrong with gay people.

That's right, there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

They should be treated equally.

Yes, yes they should be treated equally.

Doesn't meant they should be allowed to marry.

Hold the phone there budrow, that goes directly against what you just said about treating them equally.

That has nothing to do with equality.

Well, actually it does. It has everything to do with equality.
Here, take a look at this;
e·qual·i·ty [ih-kwol-i-tee]
noun, plural e·qual·i·ties.
the state or quality of being equal; correspondence in quantity, degree, value, rank, or ability.

So yes, two of your four sentence fragments were in direct conflict with one another.
Almost like a contradictory statement.

No it doesn't. Because if you let gay people marry then you cannot stop them from adoption or heaven for bid gene splicing or some frankenstein crap like that.

Wrirte a law that says that children should only be adopted or raised by parents of opposite sex and I will recant.

I have a couple gay friends, even a tranny, and they all know my position when we discuss it face to face and they cannot help but agree with the difficulties and fairness in exposing children to something out of the norm (reproduction between gays is impossible without modern technology) without their consent. Same argument as castration... choice is everything.

In whatever mental state you are in, you continue to show contradictions and lack of knowledge. Single parent families are out of the "norm" as well, and "Tranny" is almost the equivalent of using the n-word, "Beaner", or wet back. It is best to be silent and thought a fool, than open your keyboard and prove everyone right.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

you like being a bully and picking on people you think are dumb? does that do it for you?
My Friend, ATS is a Discussion site.
I express my side of the argument.
Your failure to keep up, doesn't fall on me.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Heres the thing. I dont care what you do. Im pro choice. I oppose homosexuality, but its none of my business what you do with your life. Ill just say that the name of the game is survival and propogation. I feel like it is the duty of every animal on earth to procreate, save the physiologically impaired. If you got a seed, you need to plant it, and if you got an egg, you need to fertilize it. The orgasm was not a development of pleasure for the sake of pleasure. It was a development of a reward to motivate animals to do what they should- procreate. For that reason, it is clear that heterosexuality is natures intention and homosexuality is unnatural. With that said, still, I have no right to tell anyone what they should or should not be allowed to do.

In my honest opinion, I believe marriage is irrelevant. I dont think it makes a difference in any relationship if you go to a church and say some vows. I dont think this gives any couple any kind of divine entitlement, and the promises you make during an official marriage can be made any other time and the people would not consider themselves married. Therefore, theres no difference between two lovers privately making a promise to each other and two lovers getting "married“. Getting married does entail two things though that a private promise does not. One, there is the social, superficial recognition of the couple being married, which is basically meaningless. Two, there is the legal benefits. And this is the truth of what it comes down to.

Being that I dont believe that marriage has any significance whatsoever, I think every associated legal benefit of being married is ridiculous. The benefits are mostly financial as well as ownership. ownership- if you buy something with your own money, whatever you put in, you should be able to get back out. This should apply to every individual regardless. If two adults live together, they should be entitled to any other benefit of any other two adults living together or those benefits should be taken away from everyone. Marriage isnt real. The government, in the interest of fairness, needs to reallocate its legal and financial investments to something a little more consistent with reality.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer

You're welcome.
Now I expect you to go and do something with that new-found wisdom, unlike most of the other people on this planet.

Thanks for the best wishes (sincerely) however i was being sarcastic and never received an ounce of wisdom from any of you. Someone could have said gay adoption was already legal. One poster did mention in the states but im in Canada. I though i better look it up to be sure.

I must have missed the referendum, unless this was just some more BS slammed down my throat without so much as a bib.
edit on 30-5-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Legal here also....
How many kids are there wanting a chance to be in a decent home where they are loved? how many kid's are thrown about from foster care to foster care eh? 400k waiting and hoping to be adopted.
I don't see all the hetrosexual people wanting to care for them so why shouldn't two people who can show love and caring for the child not be allowed?
Plenty of people have been brought up by gay couples and If you read more into it are just as good as bringing up a child, no evidence is found saying that child will grow up gay because they are gay from birth.

Watch this.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The equation is of bullies and people who get bullied. Over time after reading the arguments of these church people/white supremacists/uber nationalistic tards I have come to realize that they don't want an intelligent debate on anything, neither do they feel any emotions towards such cases. They are just bigoted people who celebrate in deaths of their perceived enemies and over dramatize even small loses as major catastrophe. It's not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last one. Progressive people shouldn't waste time debating with these mentally sick retards and should use that time instead in educating the neutral masses. Go there and reach out to them, that is more necessary than getting in a barking competition with those bible thumpers.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Alabama
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Alaska
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Arizona
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Arkansas
Arkansas Act One prohibits unmarried couples (both same sex and opposite sex) from adopting or fostering children. More on Act One

California
Permits single GLBT and joint adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed.

Colorado
Permits same-sex couple adoption. Also allows grandparents and other individuals helping raise the child to adopt.

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia

Florida
Prohibits single and joint gay adoption.

Georgia
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois
Permits single GLBT and couples adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed.

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine
Permits single GLBT adoption. On August 30, 2007 the Maine Supreme Judicial Court ruled unanimously in their favor on grounds that prohibiting the adoption would be counter to Maine's Adoption Act. (read more)

Maryland
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint gay adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Massachusetts

Michigan
Permits single GLBT adoption. Prohibits joint adoption. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Minnesota
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint gay adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Mississippi
Permits single GLBT adoption. Prohibits joint adoption. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Missouri
Single GLBT and joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Montana

Nebraska
Single GLBT adoption unclear. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Prohibits second-parent adoption.

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New Mexico
Permits single GLBT and joint adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

New York
North Carolina
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption unclear.

North Dakota
Single GLBT and joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Ohio
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption not allowed.

Oklahoma

Oregon
Permits single GLBT and joint adoption. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Pennsylvania
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption allowed.

Rhode Island

South Carolina
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption unclear.

South Dakota

Tennessee

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

Texas
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption allowed in some areas.

Utah
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption prohibited. Second-parent adoption unclear.

Vermont

Virginia

Washington
Permits single GLBT adoption. Joint adoption unclear. Second-parent adoption in some areas.

West Virginia

Wisconsin
Permits single GLBT adoption. Does not clearly prohibit joint gay adoption. Second-parent adoption prohibited.

Wyoming

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER
edit on 5/30/13 by TokiTheDestroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No it doesn't. Because if you let gay people marry then you cannot stop them from adoption or heaven for bid gene splicing or some frankenstein crap like that.

Gene splicing?

Anyhow, it's not like marriage is sacred anymore, with the divorce rates as they are, and some people getting married multiple times in a lifetime.....

Children are raised in many different situations, because of death, divorce, military deployments, and other reasons why one of the parents might not be present in the family.

As long as the child is loved and looked after properly, all should be good.

Plus marriage does not mean its being done for the purpose of children. Sometimes 2 people just want to be together.

All people are different.
Different strokes for different folks.
People need to accept that.
Tolerance. Understanding. Compassion. Good concepts when put into practice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join