It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If Jesus returned how would you know it was him?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm being serious!

If I were an alien and I was going to visit earth I'd say I was Jesus because half the planet would immediately bow down to me. My advanced abilities would allow me to perform what the humans would think were miracles and soon the other half of the planet would also believe I was Jesus.

So, a serious question.
if a man floated down from the sky and claimed to be Jesus, how would you know whether he was telling the truth?




posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If every knee isn't bent and every tongue isn't confessing, Yeshua has not yet returned. Can't fool me!

The WHOLE world will know and mourn at the sight of His coming...it will be most wonderful and awesome. I just hope I'm here long enough to see it, and I fear for those who do and don't know Him...



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

If I were an alien and I was going to visit earth I'd say I was Jesus because half the planet would immediately bow down to me..
Most people wouldn't care.
Many wouldn't believe you.
Of the ones that did believe, and also did care, it would probably be split in half with one half bowing down, and the other half out to kill you.

Bullets flying right over the top of those who bow.
If you survive all of the bullets that pass through your body, then and only then will people consider taking you seriously.







Originally posted by VoidHawk

So, a serious question.
if a man floated down from the sky and claimed to be Jesus, how would you know whether he was telling the truth?
lol. Seriously? Do you honestly expect to receive a serious response from such a ridiculous assumption?

Even IF an advanced Alien species were capable of creating technology to reach Earth from wherever their home planet may be, that doesn't automatically mean that they can just fly around like Superman.





edit on 5/28/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


I'm pretty sure that no one is going to miss it. It will be obvious to the whole world when Jesus returns.

Mark 24:26-31

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.


edit on 28-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The last guy that said he was, was killed. Why do you think he would come again?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


First let me say that I am NOT a believer! I asked the question because I just watched a docu by Richard Dawkins and on it someone said said "Just wait until Jesus returns" That led me to the question - How would people know if he was real?

As for me saying "If someone floated down"
That does not mean they would be zooming about like superman, does it!



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
The last guy that said he was, was killed. Why do you think he would come again?


First let me say that I am NOT a believer! I asked the question because I just watched a docu by Richard Dawkins and on it someone said said "Just wait until Jesus returns" That led me to the question - How would people know if he was real?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


I'm pretty sure that no one is going to miss it. It will be obvious to the whole world when Jesus returns.

Mark 24:26-31

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.


edit on 28-5-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)


So, unless we see all the above then its not him, is that correct?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


Uh, because there are prophetic requirements he'd have to meet before we'd believe him. That and he'd have to split the Mt. of Olives in two when he arrives. This ofcourse assuming aliens are real which, ofcourse MUFON has yet to prove.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


So, unless he met all the requirements he wouldn't be believed?



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You will know it is Him if:
1.) You die at the sight of Him
2.) You are resurrected from your grave and meet Him in the air.
3.) Your're still alive and your body is changed in an instant, and you meet the resurrected righteous ones and Him in the air.

Also, if anybody claims to be Him, they are lying. It will happen so fast there will not be much time for anybody to do much of anything.

Matthew 24:26-28(KJV)
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
...how would you know whether he was telling the truth?

For starters, try mentioning Jesus' NAME.

If they run, like "aliens" usually do when they hear that name, you know they are imposters.

"Aliens" are liars and deceivers and their agenda always includes things like abduction, kidnapping, mutilating, probing, raping, and misleading mankind.

They are enemies of Jesus and are probably incapable of doing anything good.

Jesus' miracles on the other hand have ALWAYS been His divine credentials.

Miracles are direct from heaven, while magic is direct from hell.

Satan is a master counterfeiter who copies EVERYTHING that God does, and magic is his counterfeit to miracles.

The Devil is a master counterfeiter with his false bibles, false religions, false prophets and false doctrines.

The difference lies in the SOURCE of power.

The power to work miracles PROVES Jesus' deity and that God has in fact sent him.

John the Baptist sent Jesus a message from prison asking if Jesus was the Messiah.

Jesus replied by telling of the miracles that were worked, and which were His divine credentials.


"Go tell John the things which ye hear and see: the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good tidings preached to them" ~ Matt. 11:3-5



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 


Originally posted by VoidHawk

First let me say that I am NOT a believer! I asked the question because I just watched a docu by Richard Dawkins and on it someone said said "Just wait until Jesus returns" That led me to the question - How would people know if he was real?
I don't really care why you asked. That↑ doesn't explain what led you to the assumption that an Alien can just float around in the sky.

You skipped the part where I actually did answer your question: If he is completely unharmed even after all the bullets pass through, then people may consider paying attention.








Originally posted by VoidHawk

As for me saying "If someone floated down"
That does not mean they would be zooming about like superman, does it!
Not 'zooming around'. Superman was just the closest thing I could think of that might resemble "a man floating down from the sky".

Originally posted by VoidHawk

if a man floated down from the sky.....







 
 
reply to post by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Jesus replied by telling of the miracles that were worked, and which were His divine credentials.
That may have been sufficient in the distant past, but just claiming to have done something without having any proof, just aint quite good enough nowadays. We're gonna need to see some videos and pictures, along with various different eye witness reports.




edit on 5/28/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 





So, unless we see all the above then its not him, is that correct?


The Bible says that the Antichrist will appear on the scene first performing "signs and wonders" to try and fool people, but there's nothing in the Bible that claims he has the ability to "shake the heavens" or make the grand scale appearance that Jesus does.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Holy Land was awash with potential Messiahs around the time of Jesus. All of them running round claiming to be the One who would kick the Romans out. Then came Jesus and the idea that you didn't have to be a violent fool and burn down Herod's palace to register your dislike. And eventually he was proven right by Constantine!

So if he returned today I would expect him to be of Middle Eastern appearance, above average intelligence, married and a father, just like many others of his time.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


So, unless he met all the requirements he wouldn't be believed?


Nope, because he has to fulfill prophecy and ALL of it and only he knows how to do that.



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk
 





couldn't resist



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul
 


Odin doesn't exist and according to Norse mythology, Ragnarok comes and everything dies, including the "gods".



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by VoidHawk
 





couldn't resist


Neither could I.

source



posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by bodrul
 


Odin doesn't exist and according to Norse mythology, Ragnarok comes and everything dies, including the "gods".


Point being?
Neither does Jebus

there is more chances of Odin existing then Jebus




all the virgin birth rubbish and so on has been reproduced over decades by different civilizations




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join