It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.S.P. is Real!Stop claiming it is not!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the in depth answer! I figured it might be a mix of those, although I was actually surprised that you mentioned several times how important it is for this stuff to be fun. In qigong (chinese energy work), laughter is considered a "second heart" due to it's healing properties and circulation benefits. I always tend to take this stuff reeeally seriously, however, often times I think out of fear that I might open a door to something I don't really want to let in. On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if "it" has already been let in and opening my vision would simply reveal what is already there. Either way, I imagine it takes a fair amount of courage to dive into that world, especially since you can't ever learn it all in a book and you eventually have to learn by doing at some point.

I think I'll swing back into believer mode and give my intuitive mind another shot, hopefully this time with a lighter energy and not so overly serious

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

People take themselves and the ability to seriously sometimes,
and it ruins the experience. Fun energy leads to good times, and light heartedness.
That is not to say that it can't be serious, but for most people, the best advancements come with having fun.
At least that is my opinion.

I found for myself that it works a lot better when it is fun, taken with a grain of salt and just done.
There is no pressure then, and it flows easily.

I have had some serious experiences, that were not fun, but almost all of the others were fun.
Fear is a blocker.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Oh

So blah blah blah I can but I wont.

Thought as much

Cheers,

I'll do you a psychic reading.

I get an impression of a man on a desert island, I think this means that you feel isolated sometimes and you've been through some ordeal, I do get a sense of heat or dryness but I think it's more than that, I think it reflects where you live, I'm not saying you live on a desert island but rather an island of some kind, I feel it's the UK or Ireland maybe or similar.

But then again I'm getting the feeling everything in your life is upside down, so it could be Australia but you have some connection to Ireland.

etc, etc, more bull#, etc, etc oh yes I see, blah blah, more fluffy words, the dryness is you've stopped (or rather had stopped) drinking, blah blah, fluffy bunnies, etc,, "peace and light"

How was my reading?

Am I psychic?
edit on 28-5-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Would those who are telekinetic, please raise my hand!

(sorry, but I love Stephen Wright)

You claim to be a psychic but yet refuse to provide any proof, even though it is the most natural thing in the world for someone to respond to such a claim with a "prove it" request.

I am a skeptic, in that I want to believe, but yet have never known anyone who could actually prove it....There are plenty of examples around of people who claim, or who others claim to be psychics but the proof offered is generally one of several categories:

1) The historic individual (such as Nostradamus) who made predictions that were so vague or unspecific that they were bound to be fulfilled in time.
2) Personalities who claim to be able to read minds etc but are really just skilled magicians using tricks, research or whatever to make it appear they can read minds.
3) Anecdotal stories...such as the one my family tells regarding a great uncle who became sick and was taken to the hospital. His 3 sisters all piled into a car to visit him (from another city) and during the trip one of them became upset and swore she just heard his voice. She was sure, for some reason, that he had just died. They all noted the time and once arriving at the hospital (this was long before cell phones) they discovered he had, indeed, died at the noted time. Really spooky and creepy, but not having been there...it is just anecdotal evidence to me.

I guess what I am asking is, since this isnt a religious thing, that you provide some piece of proof that does not require simple faith that you can do this thing but rather demonstrates an ability.

Proof, for me, would be something other than anecdotal, something other than a possible trick, and something fairly specific.

Can you tell us what is to be new major news over the next couple of weeks? or even months?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You know what? It shouldn't be called E.S.P. It should be called U.S.P., for underdocumented sensory perception. Everything you perceive, you perceive through a sense. Though that sense be provided by your consciousness' inherent connectedness with the universe, or your scent-sensing cells in your nasal cavity, it's still a sense.

There is no supernatural. Everything that we call 'supernatural' is 'natural' to beings who are fluent in their E.S.P. We westerners happen to be crippled with respect to our E.S.P. I'm tired of hearing something is supernatural just because a crippled westerner happens to not be able to perceive it. It's like they talk about 'discovering' America or 'discovering' Australia. Really, guys?

ETA: what you call ESP is a totally different phenomenon from hauntings, and I don't think including hauntings in your 'proof' is helping you.
edit on 28-5-2013 by seamus because: more splanation

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
ESP. Is it real on some level? I would say for sure YES!
Is it reliable? I would say for sure NO!

When it comes to ESP there's something there for sure, but I would call it unpredictable and unreliable at best. It just can't be used in any predictable way.... YET.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Ok, let me think for a second, just for fun, I'll do this one. Or give it a shot at least.

Within a few weeks to month there will be something major regarding an island surround by sand.
It is tropical.
Hawaii perhaps.
In fact, I see a chain of islands, so this is making me think Hawaii.
Something will happen there.
Something major enough to hit world wide news.
It will certainly be out of the norm.

I am not taking this serious, but that is what image came to my mind, so lets just see what happens, if anything.
Even if I am wrong,It is just what came out, so I am going to let it be at that.

I like to play sometimes,
and when I feel no stress, and relax, I do not mind attempting something like this.

I do want to clarify that people seem to think I am claiming I am special, I am a nobody, and no more special than anyone else. We all have it.

But lets see what happens.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Point taken and appreciated.
I am still figuring it all out myself.

As I stated in my rant, I am just as clueless as everyone else.
It is nothing special, and a natural thing we all can do with a little work.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

If ESP were real, then there would be proof

There is abundant proof. Most people dismiss that proof for various reasons. ESP is something you experience with your mind. Since you can't experience anything that occurs in someone else's mind, you will dismiss that proof. I have had numerous experiences of ESP, but could never prove a single case of it to anyone. That does not diminish the strength of the experience.

I will relate a few of these incidents to you. They proved the point for me; however, you are sure to dismiss my experience from your own perspective:

Years ago I divorced my first wife. She did not like me to touch her in any way. A few years after the divorce I had a dream that something was pinching, kicking, and hitting me. It felt like an unseen presence. The presense in my dream asked my, "Why did you divorce our baby?" I replied, "because she doen't like me to touch her". The torment immediately let up, and the entity said, "Oh, the old family trouble again". I woke up immediately in a cold sweat. Around 9:00am later that morning my x-wife called to tell me that her grandmother had passed away in the night.

A few years later a presence came into my dream and was shoving and hitting me. Eventually it said, "Why did you divorce my sweet girl?" I replied as before, "Because she didn't like me to touch her". The presence softened immediately and said, "Just like her mother", and left. Once again I woke up in a cold sweat. Later that day my x-wife called to tell me that her father passed away in the night.

I have had several more, even stronger experiences; however, I'm sure you wouldn't classify them as proof. You will have to have your own experiences in order to discover the reality of such things.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

That is a part of my goal, to make it as workable as possible, at least for myself.
I can do tarot with rather surprising results.
So far, that is one of the only ways I have found to channel it out in a workable fashion.
Mediumship, but that is kind of a little different, that is more a spirit guided thing. As seamus was pointing out to me, which I guess I can see, I never really thought about it.

Learn as you go, and I am willing to learn as I go.
I am also willing to experiment with it.

People take it to serious.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Wow

Thanks for sharing those experiences!

If I ever get attacked in my sleep I will keep your experience in mind.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that "ESP" is real in one way or another (I had to look that up because I had no idea what you were talking about). but I don't agree that it is a "superhuman" ability or a "sensor" that allows us to "feel" or foresee things.

I believe it's more that we have a system that allows us to collect the tiniest pieces of information which we don't even realize and store them in relevant "buckets" (like a big database) and the realization is triggered in certain moments when it makes sense .. for some that may let them believe that they have a "feeling" that this could/has happened, but it's all based on previous collected information and putting them together in a logical pattern.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

SO you are saying it is the subconscious that holds this information? I believe that is a part of it. It kind of rests in the back of the mind until it is needed. I can see how that is a workable idea as well.

The mind is a big place.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

the subconscious is the layer of our psyche that is able to access this information, it is always accessing this information.

The subconscious has to process things at a much faster rate than our conscious mind does in order to have survivable reaction times, i.e. the hairs on the back of my neck stood up because I felt I was in danger. Conscious thought is a feedback system where we can affect our subconscious and get between the feedback loop. The subconscious is sort of our ESP antenna. As we exist in both the spirit and the form, but our senses only perceive the spirit. The subconscious bridges the spirit and form realms, and allows sometimes our senses to act as the receivers for the spirit.

Some people experience it in their visual senses, others in the hearing and so on.

Everything are symbols to us, that is the way our conscious and unconscious brain works. Its the nature of neural memory and processing. It is the nature of learning in the 3D. Symbols are nothing more than the immaterial making itself known in your mind in a way that you can come to know and communicate between yourself and others.

I do not mind the term 'supernatural.' For something to be super it points out a hierarchy of things, an order. I believe the 'information' that is tapped into with ESP to be of a 'super' natural state. Meaning, its on a 'higher' realm of existence. Note: it is still natural.

We all have this gift because we are all born from the immaterial, everything is.

There are studies being done lately that are showing that ESP is indeed a real phenomena. Those who say it is not possible, or that there is no evidence, are only creating a box for their conscious mind to live within. If your thing is being shackled by your own beliefs, then so be it.
edit on 28-5-2013 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by bbracken677

Within a few weeks to month there will be something major regarding an island surround by sand.
It is tropical.
Hawaii perhaps.
In fact, I see a chain of islands, so this is making me think Hawaii.
Something will happen there.
Something major enough to hit world wide news.
It will certainly be out of the norm.

Are you sensing something good or bad here?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

With all due respect, the OP offered proof... I am however pointing out a serious issue that exists with science is all. I can appreciate the value of science, but just pointing out it's not the end all in decision making based on its limitations when considering things like intuition or feelings based around unmeasurable experiences.

Science forces in the box thinking because it is based on laws which in fact have been nothing but restrictions. The Earth was once flat and anyone who challenged the status quo was selling quackery, when many intelligent leaders were likely ridiculed by trolls of the day. Challenge everything, but disrespect nobody. Only the person who had the experience knows the truth, and our opinions are ours unless we can prove otherwise.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wish I could applaud you!

I believe in ESP 100%! I had some very personal experiences with esp and dreams that come true. It's been a while since I've had any of this stuff happen but i think alot of it has to do with how I feel personally. I am not in the same state of mind as I was then. I guess in a sense I am blocking it right now. I was more spiritual then. I still am but i practiced certain things that seemed to bring it out and a few times it really freaked me out. I know they say not to be afraid of it but sometimes when something happens you just can't help but react in that way. i was much calmer then and more grounded. I have a lot going on right now and it's like I'm all fuzzy. I have my moments but not like I use to.

I see the typical responses followed your post which is to be expected. Some people will never believe in something they are told to believe doesn't exist. I have known a couple mediums and one a friend of mine goes to monthly. The stuff she has predicted is unreal! She is from Cassadaga, FL. If you have ever heard of that place you will understand. Very special place for mediums and energy!!

I have always found that true mediums aren't really out there flaunting their ability. It is kind of frowned upon to do so. True ones from my experience are quiet about their "abilities." These psychics on tv drive me nuts because so many times you can tell they are a fraud!! They are good at reading body queues and that is it!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm not known to follow the norm and I am my own person, with my own ideas.

Most aren't willing to put their necks out on the line.
I'm not flaunting even if it seems to people like I am.
I am offering ATS what I can for proof,
which doesn't seem to be accepted as such, which is fine.
It is about the best I can do at the moment.

This was a rant, which turned into something else I guess.
Lesson learned.

I am also not a "trained" medium, I have never taken courses for it,
It just happened one day with an epiphany.
The medium abilities are something I trust spirit with.
It is a two way street, and if spirit was not happy,
I would be informed of such.
I trust spirit completely in that respect.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

Good question, what I did, was allowed an image to come into my head about where a major news event would take place within the next 2 weeks to month and saw a large island with a chain of smaller islands coming off of it. I didn't see anything good or bad, just the islands.

So it could go either way if something does happen, which I hope is good!

There will just be major news coming out of the island chain, something that will be world wide known and very unusual. When and if it happens, there should be no doubt, good or bad.

So I have a month to watch and wait and see what it is, if it is anything at all. But the island chain was pretty clear, and looked like Hawaii.

I know it is kind of vague, and probably to vague for some, but that's the best I can do for right now.
I am actually really curious to see what happens myself.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

I have a question after rereading your comment, actually, it is more of an observation from my standpoint.

To "feel" something is very much a part of the experience. Be it a bad feeling, really bad feeling, or a good and really good feeling, it is a part of it.
Unless you have experienced it for yourself, it is very hard to explain a feeling that pushes at you over and over that something is going to happen. It does happen that way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join