It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.S.P. is Real!Stop claiming it is not!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bryono

There is a lady in my apartment complex who reads the berries on the bird berry tree in the summer to predict the next winters snowfalls. Last year she said it was going to be very snowy, but she also said the tree was acting odd, she didn't quite understand what it was saying.
This winter was very strange, almost no snow, until March and April and May, One big snowstorm after another, wham wham wham wham. Record snowfalls. She was dead on!

Sounds almost like your friend! Sorry he passed.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Thanks for the support!

There are people that muddy the waters for sure. That can't be helped.

And as a side note, I don't blame you not wanting to "view" some of us at our keyboards... there's only so much underwear and snack-foods one can stand.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
im not after proof, I already know we know nothing but the thinnest veil of our perception which isnt much at all when you take all the different spectrum's of reality out there.

But I have to ask, what can you share with me on a personal level that isnt generalized and something that will resonate with me and me alone.

I ask only because you offered.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rareredhead

Making myself sound special...this is something I do really worry about, because I am not special. I have an ego, however, I also have a lot of problems, I am just like everyone else. If I wasn't I wouldn't be here.

Yeah, animals seem to know for surer before major events. Elephants can sense very deep tones and sounds, and pick up on vibrations that we as humans cannot hear. That is a form of esp to humans.

Esp is natural, it is often, I believe, explainable, but that doesn't make it any less weird. There are very natural explanations for a lot of it, only I don't think we have found the explanations yet, so it sounds a lot more fantastic than it really is.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I state in the beginning that I am not offering personal information.
I think you misread it.
Please don't take offense.

I won't do it online anymore unless spirit compels me to. It works best that way.
Even if people do not understand that.
I can't just snap my fingers and make it happen,
there has to be a pull to it.

Again, please don't be offended.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I state in the beginning that I am not offering personal information.
I think you misread it.
Please don't take offense.

I won't do it online anymore unless spirit compels me to. It works best that way.
Even if people do not understand that.
I can't just snap my fingers and make it happen,
there has to be a pull to it.

Again, please don't be offended.

none taken, and for my part I didnt understand what you were trying to achieve with this thread. I assumed (my mistake) that you wanted to validate the phenomenon with your personal abilities and so I thought I would ask.

If the spirits do move you feel free to U2U me what they have to say. I am at the very least curious.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Here's a list of links that can potentially provide an academic view on the subject: Noetic Show Me page

Also here's Edgar Mitchell (ex astronaut, Noetic founder, etc) explaining psi in terms of Max Planck radiation .

Other material can be found on their Website.
edit on 27/5/2013 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Ok cool, thanks for that.
I do realize that the point I was trying to make is being misinterpreted by a lot of people.
More my fault on my end for not communicating my thoughts clear enough in text it appears.

Sometimes it is hard to express correctly although I try.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

Thanks for those links!

The first one especially!
Looks like lots and lots of reading

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I am over the rant now. I just had to vent yesterday. As that is what a rant is. For those who don't understand it, I understand. I was just venting more than anything. The world is not perfect, and neither am I. I just had to get it off my chest. I have a problem with people saying it doesn't happen, because it does, and I tried my best to supply you with proof the only way I know how, through my own experiences with it.

It is not an extraordinary claim, it just is what it is.

Anyways, have a great day! I know I will!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You're welcome. I can't say I've read any of them. I do follow the news stories on the website occasionally though. It's an interesting topic/subject.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phalanx001

I got it bookmarked to check out.

It could come in handy if I need to look something up. A lot of the time I will experience something, and then go research it. You just threw me a lot of research! I

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So anyways ESP, it happens. Stop saying it doesn't, because there are people like me, who do the best we can to supply you with some sort of proof, even if it is elusive, that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I think you should check this book out. It's written by a graduate of MIT.

www.amazon.com...

There are a lot of places on the web other than this forum that might be more friendly towards your abilities.

www.talkparanormal.com...

Also, you don't need our approval.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There's no proof there, you said things that popped into your mind which even you said take with a pinch of salt, ie how can we take stuff as proof when even you have no clue.

The other proof was a picture that someone felt connected to...

Sorry, its so vague and miles away from proof.

Sorry, ESP is not real because of this, at best you are making wild guesses and using a bit of cold vetting to gain little divots of what to reply to.

If ESP existed in humans its dormant because true ESP would allow deep clear visions, no if or buts, no is Billy a name that rings a bell?

You would have a clear link to the mental imagery and be able to give exact descriptions, names and places and not the sideshow act used by many. No disrespect to you but you claimed proof and provided guesses and vagueness..

That's not proof to me or I suspect anyone on here, I would encourage you not to suddenly get the idea to charge for this and / or to very carefully think about the mental status of a person you give possibly uplifting info to which turns out to be false, wrecking a persons life after its been wrecked before is wicked beyond words.

Steer clear of it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That makes a lot more sense. It's kind of the point I was making in my response... and well, you explained yourself pretty well just now. As I said, my issue isn't with ESP, and I'm not saying you can't believe it, it's just too broad a topic to say that it's definitely real. Earthquake predictions happen enough around the globe that I accept that they exist, there's no evidence, but the data suggests that there's something to it. Mediums have never been proven, I suppose mostly because of the need to debunk the "celebrity ghost talkers". My stance hasn't changed on the ESP matter, but I am a lot more accepting of your approach to it now. Thanks

s&f

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Sure, that is ok.

That is about as close as I can supply.
If that is not good enough at least it is a start, no?

I have been recording my experiences here for a long time, a lot of things that occur away from ATS, in the real world, but I guess that would mean people would have to believe what I write. I could be making it all up I suppose, although I know I am not. Since I started to experience Mediumship, ATS has been my place to write it all down.

Whether people believe me or not, is up to them. I did the best I could to give an example of what I have done on ATS, just to show there is something to it. It is up to each of us to either see it for what it is or not. You are not privy to the private messages, and I would not share that in public.

I can tell you that my friends and family, those close to me and co workers would say different.

But again, you would have to take their word for it.
No harm done on either end.

Thanks for checking it out though, I do appreciate it. At least you took the time to look.

If you would like a more detailed look at what I have been experiencing you can go to this thread:
The blooming of a medium

That is my entire story from 2002 on.
That is up to you though. It might explain a little better than I can in this thread. It is not proof though, just my experience with it.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

ATS is my home, and I put it out there for people here.
It helps to toughen the skin.

I have several places I could go,
but I like it here!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by ballymoney50

I have this saying, "bad things happen to people that are mean to me".

I've seen it in action before.
Once, while I was going through a divorce, my x wife slapped me across the face after I said, well why don't you just slap me then, and she did, very hard, first time ever, and I said those words and no sooner did I get those words out of my mouth, as a big yellow jacket hornet flew in the window of the car, landed on the back of her neck, and started stinging her. Karma? I don't know, I only know it happens sometimes. I actually felt bad sort of, but she deserved it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Tell you what darkblade71

E.S.P. is Real ...

Channeling ...

Some People have it some Don't ...

The Government has had Programs to research and experiment.... Seeking out the Gifted ....

The main Branch Mk Ultra and its lesser Branches and Projects here in the USA and Canada

and In the UK & Russia too

Searching for the Super Humans ..... as they do exist

Google Search Stan Lee's Super Humans Mentally and Physically...

Animals too have the 6th sense ... from Mammals to Incests...

What do I know !! well i Know where Ive Been ... in the Early 80s as a Child ....

Do Plants Comunicate sure why not ... with other life forms that is on this planet that is ...

Focus of Force ....

Well for one the goverments on both sides of the Cold War has done is Remote Vewing !

Remote viewing used by government psychic spies
www.examiner.com...

Hmm interesting....

Forget Spies - Let Psychic
Remote Viewers
Do The Job Says Expert

NewIndPress.com
1-26-3
rense.com...

AND!!! RIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH!!! ( There Ya go )

10 Million Pages of CIA Declassified Records Available

CREST also contains declassified imagery reports from the former National Photographic Interpretation Center, the STAR GATE remote viewing program files, and several specialized collections of translations from foreign media.

www.cia.gov... ml

And Most of Us here on ATS Know what Project Star Gate is ! Right !!

ohh god wiki !! :LOL:

Stargate Project
en.wikipedia.org...

The laboratory studies do not provide evidence regarding the origins or nature of the phenomenon, assuming it exists, nor do they address an important methodological issue of inter-judge reliability.

Most importantly, the information provided by remote viewing is vague and ambiguous, making it difficult, if not impossible, for the technique to yield information of sufficient quality and accuracy of information for actionable intelligence. Thus, we conclude that continued use of remote viewing in intelligence gathering operations is not warranted.

well it says that remove Viewing is not Warranted

So what does that tell you... to me keeping the Public Eye Closed !!

But it Took the Goverment that Long !!! 25 or so Years!!!! ????

Kinda fishy to me !!

These projects were active from the 1970s through 1995, and followed up early psychic research done at The Stanford Research Institute (SRI), Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), The American Society for Psychical Research, and other psychical research labs.[3]

but then again ! ! Edison redefined the Light Bulb and took many tries to find the right One that Worked..

edit on 27-5-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Science *has* proven ESP and psi are real, it's just that our all-too-human and childish tendency to ridicule seems to work overtime on certain subjects. I sometimes wonder how long it took for the entirety of humanity to realize what electricity really was (not the sprites and fairies seen when a wool sweater was taken off in the dark, but the reality) and whether planets revolved around suns or the other way around, or whether the stars in the sky were like our sun, or different... knowledge seems to infiltrate into the commons so glacially slowly.

Any prolonged reading of the literature on the subject will cause a realistic and open minded person to admit there's something real in the phenomenon; many scientists have lamented the fact that this subject seems to need far more than the 'extraordinary' amount of evidence to get through to certain people. Myself, I gave up on them including family members. There is such a thing as cognitive dissonance and dogmatic ignorance, and it's their problem, not mine.

I liken it to the sense of smell in dogs versus humans. Anyone who has been around dogs has seen evidence of their extraordinary sense of smell; we have all probably not seen direct evidence of the enhanced powers in say, a bloodhound that can track parts-per-billion of scent of a lost child in the forest a week later... and yet we've all heard of these abilities and don't question them even though our own noses wouldn't be up to the task, nor would our local cocker spaniel. We've bred animals for certain extraordinary abilities, who is to say that certain humans haven't just been born with their own litany of extraordinary abilities?

What's to say that certain people don't have moderate amounts of telepathic ability or something like it? Some more than moderate, some extraordinary, and some...well, less than ordinary.

Personally having experienced several incredible unbidden and at times frightening instances of psi, I think it's a matter of frequencies; somehow I was just on the 'right one' to get the info I got. Same way you can have a radio either on the right frequency, or off; one supplies information in the form of music or the news; the other just static. And just because we can't explain it doesn't mean it isn't real. And we certainly should continue investigating it. To do any less would be an insult to human awareness and education.

OP, you seem young and in the off chance you haven't seen it, check out Ingo Swann's work; especially the book 'Penetration' which is available for free on line (as all his work now is); also his autobiography although unfinished, is a wonderful read. He may have been the most gifted psychic ever but he didn't like the term and refused to do 'readings'. He called himself a 'consciousness researcher' and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out exactly how he was doing it; the last third of Penetration is the discussion of exactly this. Fascinating reading.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join