It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.S.P. is Real!Stop claiming it is not!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If E.S.P. is real, along with Mediumship, then most of the missing children in the world would be found.
That not being the case, then its not. This is not being a troll, it is being a realist.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I believe in probability. There are many gifted humans on this planet, like mentioned above some can calculate the number Pi up to 25000 digits and going, as well as give you answers to calculations which is impossible without a calculator. A man who can resist cold temp of below freezing and swim under frozen ice. The rainman who has photographic memory. A blind man who was born blind but can draw 3D images. People who see colors of sounds.
Is it that hard to believe some people may have intuitive gifts?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Yeah, that's kind of scary huh.
It is also one of those things I wonder about.
I have no clue why it happened.

All I know is that it happens sometimes.

*shrug*

I have often wondered what I am, in many ways. Seeing the hornet fly through the window after saying that, and stinging her, well, I have no idea why it happened like that.

It is a saying that holds true though, and I believe in karma.
If you knew the entire situation to that divorce.
The way I see it though, I got hit, so she got hit by something else.
Is that wrong?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I participated in some remote viewing experiments here on ATS when I first came here.

Lemme find what was said.....

I have to post the target feed back a little early hope this wont inconvience anyone , Thank you all again for trying this" JUST FOR FUN"..... psi-man & maninblack seem to think this is some really scientific experiment which it is not ! > The Target 8760 4100 was chosen by me because of the shape and the appeal it had to me. everyone who had the gut's to post were right in their own way. For instance darkblade said it seemed to him to look like mount Fuji and that was close ,if you looked at your idiogram, dr_strangecraft thought it looked like an art deco couch, and i can see were he might think that looking at his drawings. Its not about getting it exactly right psi man & mib its what you walk away with, and the little bits you did pick up on in your first try. Thats what these gutsy people are doing,if you want pro trv viewers there are sites for you to go to. by the way xxkrissxx i like your post about the picket fences kinda fits it dosen't it. and tommorow with the long stick like images. Its been fun you guys! next time i get to be the viewer.( p.s sounds like psi man has shares in the company he listed. kind of ironic i used your site eh psi man!! thanks for the pics.>thats all i used from there)

Remote viewing results

Darkblade you were really close on #0101 it is of the planet earth from space a perfect circle. fredom 88 was close with color on#1121.just 1 man i thought was the funniest he picked up on the digital picture i took with my camera of flowers in a vase on my current desktop. for some reason #0101 is not comming up when clicked on ,sorry 1 #5555 side pic of Taj Mahal 2 #1121 Ayers Rock 3 #0101 planet earth from space click on the link above to see the pictures. Thanks you guys for taking the time to do something out of the ordinary like this,i think with practice i could improve on the methods i used for this. Parker

Link to the 2nd test

It was fun, I like fun things, I work best when it is fun!
Pressure kills me

edit on 27-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I understand that, I actually talk a little about that around here somewhere as there is a case I would very much like to work on in my area at some point and time if spirit brings it to me.

Sylvia Brown really messed up didn't she.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

OP, you seem young and in the off chance you haven't seen it, check out Ingo Swann's work; especially the book 'Penetration' which is available for free on line (as all his work now is); also his autobiography although unfinished, is a wonderful read. He may have been the most gifted psychic ever but he didn't like the term and refused to do 'readings'. He called himself a 'consciousness researcher' and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out exactly how he was doing it; the last third of Penetration is the discussion of exactly this. Fascinating reading.

Thank you for that, I will check that out.
Thanks for the compliment on seeming young!

Not sure if 42 is young,
but I feel young, and that is a good thing!

Used to feel about 100 years old at one point in my life, I am going backwards!

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I don't know which thread to respond to, so I'll just put it here.

In that link on has any prophecy ever come true, you posted an image of a chat with your brother. The date on it is October 29th. You voiced your concern of something bad happening. In that same reply you added an off-site comment that showed an EQ on the day BEFORE the chat with your brother - the 28th.

Admittedly I'm having a brain-dead day, so what am I not getting out of that reply?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, there was two different EQs.
One that I predicted on the 24th I think it was I will just post it here for you instead

You can follow it dirrectly if you wish:

Prediction in the perfect storm thread

you can follow the link to the thread and see it as it is posted.

Here is what I wrote on the 24th of October:

Also she is correct about a major eq, this could happen any day now, but I am getting farther north. Like pacific NW. I don't make predictions, however after listening to her, I can say that the last few weeks my mind has been pushing at me about a major EQ along the west coast...I hope I am wrong and hope she is wrong.

The EQ was on the 27th

ectonic Summary The October 28th, 2012 (October 27 at the location of the epicenter) M 7.7 earthquake south of Masset, Canada, occurred as a result of oblique-thrust faulting near the plate boundary between the Pacific and North America plates. At the location of this event, the Pacific plate moves approximately north-northwest with respect to the North America plate at a rate of approximately 50 mm/yr.

The Petersburg Earthquake was on January 5th.
A 7.5.
The link to the Petersburg Pilot Newspaper:
Earthquake Hits Petersburg Jan 5th
And the prediction for it:

Sorry jigger, I know it gets confusing following links.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am spiritually tied to this area of the world, Petersburg is my home town and where my brother lives. They have not had major earthquakes in a long time up until the Oct 27th quake. I nailed them both.

In fact, the Petersburg Quake was a very rare occurrence. I don't ever recall them having one so strong, at least not since I was born.

My picture that is my avatar was taken in Petersburg at my wedding

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sorry jigger, I know it gets confusing following links.

Hey, I get confused and overwhelmed when there are more than 20 replies in one thread.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Let me just offer my, admittedly, uninformed opinion to see how far off I am in my thinking. What I want to know is, when people do come up with a correct prediction, or get a bad feeling about someone being in danger, why does this have to be EXTRA sensory perception?

Even as an average person I can still see and predict where man is heading (and it's not good). If someone is below average they won't see what I see, just as I won't see what higher than average people can see. But, all of this is still in the range of very natural human comprehension.

If the lower animals can sense dramatic changes in weather or earthquakes or volcano eruptions, then when humans do this I suggest that it is not a higher metaphysical (and unexplainable) sense that makes them capable of this, but rather a lower and very natural animal sense.

Am I off the charts with this idea?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Let me just offer my, admittedly, uninformed opinion to see how far off I am in my thinking. What I want to know is, when people do come up with a correct prediction, or get a bad feeling about someone being in danger, why does this have to be EXTRA sensory perception?

Even as an average person I can still see and predict where man is heading (and it's not good). If someone is below average they won't see what I see, just as I won't see what higher than average people can see. But, all of this is still in the range of very natural human comprehension.

If the lower animals can sense dramatic changes in weather or earthquakes or volcano eruptions, then when humans do this I suggest that it is not a higher metaphysical (and unexplainable) sense that makes them capable of this, but rather a lower and very natural animal sense.

Am I off the charts with this idea?

I think you are correct. Some people think it is some grand or out of the norm thing, and really it isn't. We all have it, we all use it, and it is something I personally believe can be enhanced to work a bit better. Sometimes it is extreme common sense. I think you are dead on. We only claim to have 5 senses but really we have a lot more. It is natural, it is only the label slapped on it that makes it anything different.
It is all in how one perceives it.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
People are still going to be curious. It's their nature.
You said in OP it irritates you that people don't reply when you give them proof or steer them to other threads, well that's not a big deal. Is it?
Must be an ego thing.
You have quite a few threads about this stuff. And most of it repeats.
It seemed you really want validation about being right about the EQ.
I will say it seemed to be extra sensory yes but what do you want me to say. You're special.
To put up a rant like this well then your last "reading" must have been something.
You put a lot of yourself out there.
Then you said you'd only do readings face to face.
Well don't be surprised when someone shows up for one when you put your name and location out for everyone. You may as well be advertising.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tankgirl
People are still going to be curious. It's their nature.
You said in OP it irritates you that people don't reply when you give them proof or steer them to other threads, well that's not a big deal. Is it?
Must be an ego thing.
You have quite a few threads about this stuff. And most of it repeats.
It seemed you really want validation about being right about the EQ.
I will say it seemed to be extra sensory yes but what do you want me to say. You're special.
To put up a rant like this well then your last "reading" must have been something.
You put a lot of yourself out there.
Then you said you'd only do readings face to face.
Well don't be surprised when someone shows up for one when you put your name and location out for everyone. You may as well be advertising.

What threads are repeating?
Most of my threads cover different things.
The painting I do have a few threads on, but they don't repeat.
I do put a lot of myself out there, but it is to express myself.
If I wanted to advertise myself, I would just simply say I am open for business, I wouldn't hint around.
There is plenty of work in this field. I wouldn't do it here, there is no need.
Here it is to share the experience as I grow nothing more.
Validation for the earthquakes?
Sure, it is nice to have. But it is what it is, and as far as I am concerned, it is to show that these things can happen. The reason I share it is for that reason. Although I guess to me it is a kind of a big deal, because I did it, and was surprised that I did considering I don't see it happen all that often.
These things show me that I am making progress in some areas, and that is important to me.
Should I not share it?
As to who I am and where I am located, that is not something I am worried about as far as people asking for reading offline. Why does it worry you? You seem bothered by that. This is the 2nd time you have told me that.The only people who have to worry about that is my wife and I.
Would it make you happy if I removed my name?

Just curious.
As to why I put it in this thread, I was helping jigger out, and putting it all together on this thread so he wouldn't have to look all over and follow links, cause it gets confusing.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I personally swing back and forth between believer and skeptic... mainly because I too search for "proof," but I also know some of my abilities in that realm-- I wouldn't call it full blown psychic-- seem to have shut off overnight, like a lightswitch 6 or 7 years ago. It's bothered me ever since, and in the meantime has been a source of inspiration trying to recall what it was like before that....

Anyways I digress. I have a question: why is it that most of those with true ESP or other paranormal abilities usually shy away from "on-demand" proof? I imagine it's one or more of the following:

-The nature of this phenomena is simply outside the realm of the scientific method, in that there will always be mutual unknown variables, so no instance of ESP etc can never be "proven" by exact cause-and-effect science, especially with repeatable results

-Many abilities depend directly on the energies of those directly involved, and cynics with intense negative energy bent on disproving these claims will actually make it much more difficult if not impossible to produce

-The nature of the phenomena simply doesn't work "on demand"... it's more like tuning into a radio station waiting for a song to come on and it may or may not appear every single time

-There is some initiation process involved with esoteric/occult knowledge that would simply be too dangerous to disclose to the masses, because it would cause a mass panic or dumb egotistical people looking to abuse these powers

-The person claiming these abilities is a fraud

Any of these spot on? Thanks!

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
hey imma powerful sender too, but I do receive at times.

i.e.: at the office, people would often sing, hum, whistle, or play the song that's in my head. But is that me sending musical notes around or receiving tunes in my head.

But then again, sometimes you just know whether you're transmitting or receiving. Nice OP, I guess.

Lemme just say that ESP is probably unpopular due to the fact that it exposes liars and guess what, most tptb are in fact liars. so i tend to believe that they discourage use and research and study of ESP

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sorry OP but I think your understanding of what constitutes "proof" is extremely flawed.
Having read through this thread and the ones you've linked I see absolutely no irrefutable proof whatsoever.
Hearsay and cheap words but nothing else at all.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

Yeah, my idea of what proof is, and others are different I guess, but at least I try.

I offer the only way I can.
Obviously it falls short to many

At least I got to vent my rant either way.
I am satisfied with that.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

why is it that most of those with true ESP or other paranormal abilities usually shy away from "on-demand" proof?

I can only answer for myself. A lot of the time it has to do with a few things. Like how I am feeling that day, or how one approaches me, actually, that has a lot to do with it.If I feel pressure, or stressed over it, I shut down.

As far as in a lab? God, I would love to sit in a lab and do some real research. Things don't always work, but when it does, it really works. People want something repeatable, and I can honestly also say that for some reason, it doesn't work that way.
Why? I dunno. I don't have all the answers.
For me, up until my mid 20's it just kind of happened. I found ways to channel it out as I got older, playing with Tarot mainly.

To me it has been a spiritual journey more than anything else. one that I can share with other people if they are interested. I learn about myself, and learn about spirit, ad a side effect of that is sometimes helping other people out. Even my story seems to help some out, which really is good enough for me.

-The nature of this phenomena is simply outside the realm of the scientific method, in that there will always be mutual unknown variables, so no instance of ESP etc can never be "proven" by exact cause-and-effect science, especially with repeatable results

I hope that it can be actually. I am not nearly that good. I get my little psychic brain farts now and then.

-Many abilities depend directly on the energies of those directly involved, and cynics with intense negative energy bent on disproving these claims will actually make it much more difficult if not impossible to produce

This does have truth to it as well. I cannot pick up on some people when I do it, I don't know why exactly, I do think that their own brain noise and attitude has a lot to do with it, as well as other factors, such as putting me on the defensive, not healthy all the way around. Also I believe that some things are not supposed to change,so if that is the case, I won't pick up on it. The MOST IMPORTANT THING THOUGH, is to make it fun.If it is not fun, it won't be done.

-The nature of the phenomena simply doesn't work "on demand"... it's more like tuning into a radio station waiting for a song to come on and it may or may not appear every single time

This is true.People want you to snap your fingers and make it happen. Does not work that way. Hollywood has a lot to do with this. People have a misconception on what it is.

-There is some initiation process involved with esoteric/occult knowledge that would simply be too dangerous to disclose to the masses, because it would cause a mass panic or dumb egotistical people looking to abuse these powers

I wonder about this one personally. I think it is something we all have, but not everyone uses. I have always been big on people doing it for themselves. There are people that would abuse it for sure, and they already do, like black magic practice, which people can laugh at, but that doesn't make it any less real. Labels are labels, but from my own experience, I can say that it can be abused, best to be cautious and careful so you don't hurt yourself or someone else.

-The person claiming these abilities is a fraud

That is always a possibility. When someone looks for a psychic, as in for readings, they should always check into the persons background and references. It is to easy for people to be taken for a fool and get ripped off.
There are a lot of frauds who want nothing more than to take your money.
edit on 28-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by headb
hey imma powerful sender too, but I do receive at times.

i.e.: at the office, people would often sing, hum, whistle, or play the song that's in my head. But is that me sending musical notes around or receiving tunes in my head.

But then again, sometimes you just know whether you're transmitting or receiving. Nice OP, I guess.

Lemme just say that ESP is probably unpopular due to the fact that it exposes liars and guess what, most tptb are in fact liars. so i tend to believe that they discourage use and research and study of ESP

The last part of what you say caught my attention. Do you think it is discouraged?
I have yet to have some government agency come and tell me to quiet down, I would love that actually, as it would tell me a lot.

I just seem to have a lot of people around here telling me that and discouraging it instead.
Which is why this rant is here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join