It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women don't like quiet males. (They prefer alpha males who are all bullies)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If you are talking about teenage girls, I'd say you're pretty right. Grown women tend to mature in their 20's and by age 30 they are often much wiser about their choices. But young women are often quite foolish and yes, hormones and animal instincts is part of it. However, ego is also a large part. I noticed in my youth that girls typically wanted the 'leader of the pack' type, just as guys wanted 'the lead cheerleader' type. A confident partner does not necessarily mean better sex or better offspring, and in some logical part of the brain a person must have such doubts. A lot if it is for ego’s sake. Guys like to walk with a beautiful cheerleader type like 'a trophy on their shoulder' and girls like to walk with the alpha male as if to say: ‘look at me, I have the best.’

What is the 'best?' This is a superficial judgment for physical looks, attitude and social standing. It is largely about social insecurity and wanting to look and feel good about one's self in a competitive environment. Girls who pursue guys like this as no better or worse than guys who pursue girls like this. They get what they ask for, and often this means a broken heart.

But many women do mature after school. Not all guys do, however.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by nenothtu
they appear to be doing fine.

Most of your posts are fair but this right here is over the top Nenothtu lol.

Almost no one appears to be doing fine, most people believe in complete delusions and suffer daily in the grind, wishing they had it just a little better. Always wanting a little more.

I am doing better than almost anyone psychologically and emotionally and financially speaking, and it's an intense battle every day to stay sane in this screwed up world.

I wasn't clear enough, I think - I meant they were doing OK in the dating arena - but the key there is they are willing to ENTER that arena! The OP seems to be unwilling to do so, and won't meet with any sort of success until he does, You can't really expect to win anything if you're not even willing to TRY!

As far as the rest, I hate that folks are not doing well, but I think you've hit upon the key there to their undoing - they WANT. Always grasping, always reaching, never ever gaining. Luckily for me, I'm good. Got everything I want or need, and anything else is just icing. I think the key is just not allowing your reach to exceed your grasp.

The rest of the world will be OK, too, when they learn to be content with what they have, and just catch the icing as they can!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I didn't read all the OPs posts. Did he ever say if he refused to even bother trying?

Or did he originally try a lot, but always got shut down? And his "giving up" a result of that?

If the guy was shot down a lot time and time again for being a nice guy I really do feel bad for him and share his grief because I myself had to turn into what I hated the most (belligerent arrogant domineering males) to have the pleasure of dealing with a woman for 10 years living with me. When I say pleasure I mean...a lot of things good and bad.

edit on 20-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2

I am of the jaded and cynical position that no one is mature. No one at all.
I can upset anyone without breaking the rules of argument, and it is usually so easy I don't even have to try I just say what I think and I rub them the wrong way instantly. Just my energy I guess.

I do love knowing the truth though. That no one is perfect.
"Maturity" - I don't buy it for a minute.

Fact = Maturity occurs when we Die. Not before.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I admit, I just read the OP and first page, but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

I am female, and first I'd like to say we do not all think alike. The one thing in life that turns me off the quickest and disgusts me worse than anything is a loud, foul-mouthed bully of a man. I am single, always have been and probably always will be because I feel this way.

I refuse to be anybody's punching bag. I'm not looking to pop out a dozen or so "mini-bullies" just like daddy. Way past that part of my life, as I'm skating towards fifty. Exactly where are all you quiet, decent men hiding, anyway? Ah, never mind, it's probably not worth wading through all the phony bravado to find the real person.

I'm sure a lot of people of both sexes puff themselves up when posting on discussion boards like this, but there are also more like me who find safety in the anonymity. I feel more comfortable sharing my truths on here, whatever the consequences.

I can feel the next question looming in the distance... no, I'm not into girls either, I just prefer to be alone, thank you. Much safer that way.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Notice the phonetic programming=

Alpha A ∀ = Bulls Head upside down
Wiki facts

Omega, the last letter, is shaped like the female uterus.

Ω

It's no coincidence that the Alpha male is the Bull, and the Omega is the... Ω ....you get the point.
We are phonetically programmed through linguistic pathways in our neurological networks.

This can be shown in so many ways over and over again.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I didn't read all the OPs posts. Did he ever say if he refused to even bother trying?

Or did he originally try a lot, but always got shut down? And his "giving up" a result of that?

If the guy was shot down a lot time and time again for being a nice guy I really do feel bad for him and share his grief because I myself had to turn into what I hated the most (belligerent arrogant domineering males) to have the pleasure of dealing with a woman for 10 years living with me. When I say pleasure I mean...a lot of things good and bad.

edit on 20-5-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

He's never tried, as far as I can see. Went so far as to specify that he's never even had a female FRIEND. How in the devil anyone can go through school and work and life in general and never even have a female friend is mind boggling to me. From what I'm reading, he got laughed at a couple times, and introverted so far that he never even tried in the dating arena - but still somehow expects women to flock to him. Why they would flock to what they cannot even see, by his own choice, I've not figured out yet.

I won't say it doesn't happen, but I can say I've never seen a guy get shot down just for simply being a "nice guy". I've seen them passed over for being too nondescript, or TOO shy, which can often come across as being "smug" or "aloof", when it's really nothing of the sort.

Sure, younger women especially go after the "bad boys", mostly because those guys are more vocal, and so get noticed more readily. I think even a "nice guy" can get hits as long as he's nice enough to get noticed. If one draws into himself in the corner, how is anyone to ever notice whether he's nice or not?

edit on 2013/5/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Who noticed the alpha-phonetic symbolism before I pointed it out?

The Alpha "Bulls" come first, and the Omega "Uterus" comes last?

Consider the possibility this system was created for the exact purpose of controlling our minds.
The scenario doesn't break the laws of physics, and actually there is a great case to be made that this is indeed true and can be proven if one asks questions and seeks answers to them through research.

In future discussions I will elaborate on this in far more detail with examinations of all sorts of aspects, and show my methods so others can also repeat it for their own curiosity.

Fact = We are programmed
Hypothesis = It is intentionally designed

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hi fadedface,

What women truly like is confidence. When they are at a young age they often mistake bad boy behavior as confidence. Here are some pointers for you:

1) You must have something in your life that you are passionate about, outside of romance. I am a graduate student, I am working on a PhD in chemistry. I have chosen science to be my life's passion. You must find something meaningful that you are passionate about. It doesn't have to be science, but it does have to be productive.
2) Do not label yourself as a beta male or an omega male. Do not think of yourself as an alpha male either. Alpha males gain power and resources by exploiting other people, trust me you do not want this for yourself. Think of yourself as your own man who will find his own destiny and change the world for the better. Never accumulate power and resources by exploiting other people or belittling other men.
3) Do not cockblock other men, you shouldn't have to. If you see a man talking to a pretty girl, its' obvious what he's up to. Respect him and leave him alone.
4) If other men cockblock you, you simply state the obvious in front of both him and the girl you are trying to get to like you; something like, "Why are you trying to cockblock me?" Simply state the obvious. Say it even in a social situation where there are lots of people all around you, the more people the better.
5) Take up jiu-jitsu or weight training. Both are very practical and either one will build your confidence.
6) Like yourself. If you don't like yourself, then there's no way girls are going to like you.

Now with all of that said, here is probably the most practical thing you can apply right away:

1) You must be good at conversation. You must be good at telling stories. When you talk to a girl, do not exchange facts with her. Exchanging facts is asking a girl what kind of music she likes, and it does nothing for you. Now bear in mind exchanging facts is necessary to an extent, since exchanging facts can lead to topics of conversation where you can work your charm. When you have a conversation with a girl you are attracted to, the goal is to illicit an emotional response... to make her FEEL. Let's say you are talking to a girl and you ask her what music she likes. Then you can tell her a story about a concert that you went to where everyone was just having a good time and there was a feeling of electricity, brotherhood, and humanity in the air; and that it was like nothing you ever experienced before. Make her FEEL something. I would recommend watching the movie "Before Sunrise" starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. It's probably the most realistic portrayal of romance I have ever seen in a film. Hollywood movie romances are not real. The movie is a very good example of how you should talk to a girl.
2) Tease her, but don't be malicious. Suppose you and her are going for a walk and you are about to cross the street. You will look both ways before crossing and so will she, but it doesn't matter. Stop her from crossing and say this, "Oh for heaven's sake. Will you watch where you're going. You're going to get us killed." The premise being that she didn't look both ways before crossing, even though you know she did.
3) Make her laugh, but don't tell her jokes. I've found the best way to make women laugh is by commenting on the particular situation you happen to find yourself in with her at that moment in time. Let's say you and her are going for a walk and you cross a bridge and there is a train passing by below the two of you. You could say something like this, "It's a shame we aren't being chased by secret agents." The premise being that in most action movies the good guy is being chased by bad guys and for him to escape he has to jump onto a moving train. Now it's not going to be a belly-buster and she won't fall down on her ass and start rolling on the ground, but she will laugh and she will definitely find it charming.

I am a proponent of what's known as direct game. Direct game is simply going up to a girl and saying hi and saying to her that you wanted to meet her. That's direct game, you just do it. This is hard if you are shy and this can only be overcome slowly. I'm not sure if you are in high school or college or working. You and a friend you trust should go to the mall or a bar and challenge each other. Make the challenges small at first, walk up to a girl, say hi, and then just walk away. Ramp up the challenges; say hi, tell her you wanted to meet her and ask her what her major is (assuming she is in college). If she says she is a biology major and pre-med, assume she has some philanthropic goals and say things like you have always admired people that want to help other people.

Lastly, looks are not as important as you think. They do matter to an extent but they can be overcome with personality and charm. The size of your cock doesn't matter either. I'm just average looking and I have a small penis.

Don't listen to advice from women.

Good luck to you.

edit on 20-5-2013 by IshmaelKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2

I am of the jaded and cynical position that no one is mature. No one at all.
I can upset anyone without breaking the rules of argument, and it is usually so easy I don't even have to try I just say what I think and I rub them the wrong way instantly. Just my energy I guess.

I do love knowing the truth though. That no one is perfect.
"Maturity" - I don't buy it for a minute.

Fact = Maturity occurs when we Die. Not before.

That is indeed cynical, but I can understand. I started a rant the other day on the problems that I see in humanity. Not everyone matures at all, but some do, from early childhood right through into the last years of their life. No one is perfect, I guess.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface

I've always thought women are social Nazis

Now THERE is something you don't want to have written on the t-shirt that you wear to dating venues!

You REALLY can't see what you are projecting that turns women off?

Hint: it ain't you being shy and quiet!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Consider the possibility this system was created for the exact purpose of controlling our minds.
The scenario doesn't break the laws of physics, and actually there is a great case to be made that this is indeed true and can be proven if one asks questions and seeks answers to them through research.

In future discussions I will elaborate on this in far more detail with examinations of all sorts of aspects, and show my methods so others can also repeat it for their own curiosity.

Fact = We are programmed

You're talking about an alphabet thousands of years old...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface
reply to post by smyleegrl

I was stating biological truths about procreation which have been proved by millions of years of evolution and natural selection.

Don't try and back track as well you where calling me scary because I am quiet and passive or I wouldn't hold such views.

Also I've seen many women 'dehumanize' quiet and passive men by calling them 'loners', 'freaks' and 'weird' so get your facts right before you start talking about people dehumanizing other people!

I don't want to hear anything more from you.

You can hear from ME then.

She's not alone in finding your posts "scary". I've been hearing the same from others all night, with a plethora of reasons, none of which include the reasons "quiet" or "passive".

Your posts positively EXUDE malice, a passive-aggressive sort that eventually turns entirely aggressive and never turns out well. A psychological profile based upon your posts would have you being watched - carefully.

I won't go into the details or the specific alarms. You can trust me they are there - or not. Makes no difference to me. It SHOULD make a difference to you. If this is what comes through in the posts, what do you suppose you are projecting in person?

You think you should master women (I.E "women have to answer for...", "women should..." do this or that, "women are not worth bothering with..."), yet you cannot even master YOURSELF?

Nossir, "scary" is only the beginning...

edit on 2013/5/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

This OP is a prime example of "nice guy syndrome." Google it.

In fact, it's such an accurate and perfect example, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trolling.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"Nice guy syndrome"

A annoying mental condition in which a heterosexual man concocts over simplified ideas why women aren’t flocking to him in droves. Typically this male will whine and complain about how women never want to date them because he is “too nice” or that he is average in appearance. He often targets a woman who is already in a relationship; misrepresenting his intentions of wanting to be her friend and having the expectation that he is owed more than friendship because he is such a good listener. He is prone to brooding over this and passive aggressive behavior. He is too stupid to realize the reason women don’t find him attractive is because he feels sorry for himself, he concludes that women like to be treated like #.

This OP is a caricature of a "nice guy."
I have trouble believing it's a real person and not a troll.
edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The only flaw in that is that most of the definitions of "Nice Guy Syndrome" include as an element that the "Nice Guy" has female friends, which the OP specifies is not the case in his situation.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Fact = We are programmed

You know how the term "Alpha Male" came about?

Here's a hint, it's not because the greek A(lpha) looks like a bulls head upside down. Alpha symbol also means "Father" in Greek. Alpha males, much like fathers are the leader of the group/family.

I said this earlier in the thread, alpha males are not bullies. True alpha's are strong mentally, physically and/or emotionally (it can be any one, all three or a combination of the three), loyal, confident, protective, caring, and comfortable with who they are, both inside and out. No true alpha even likes bullies, let alone are bullies. Women are attracted to alphas simply because they are well rounded, balanced men who are both tough and protective as well as loving, caring and emotionally stable. They communicate their feelings openly and don't run/hide from a confrontation, be it physical or emotional, they stand up and face it knowing they may end up hurt in the end. True, naturally born alphas are few and far between, most have to work hard to get past all the hangups put on them by our politically correct society that teaches men that they don't need to be strong because everyone is "equal" and a "winner" which is completely false. You can't win if you don't even try. The reason they have done this is because too many alpha males is a danger to their power, because alphas will stand up to them and their strength and confidence will rally others to do the same.

Hitler was not an alpha, Hitler was a sociopath, a conman, had nothing to do with him being an alpha and everything to do with him being a confident speaker who could convince others his way was the right way. Hitler was a coward, real alphas are not cowards.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't even think women know what women want.
Strangest creatures ever.. yet, so attractive and interesting.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think sometimes women confuse being loud, obnoxious, and conceited, with a man who is confident. When it comes down to it, the guy with the big mouth who feels the need to act all hard, is usually the one who is lacking in confidence.

It may work as a first impression. But, over time, the truth comes out and she usually realizes that he was just an idiot with a big mouth.

Over time, the quiet guy proves that he is confident and can handle a situation, all without having to run his mouth just to try to make himself feel better.

There is, however a difference between quiet and confident, and just plain passive. I don't blame a woman for not wanting to be with somebody who is too passive.
edit on 20-5-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Ghost375

The only flaw in that is that most of the definitions of "Nice Guy Syndrome" include as an element that the "Nice Guy" has female friends, which the OP specifies is not the case in his situation.

I think that's more of an addition thing, and not the core of what Nice Guy Syndrome is all about.
I think at the heart of it, it has to deal with how a person views themselves as a super nice guy, when in fact they are bitter and passive aggressive, and really only act nice.. They also have trouble with the ladies. I think the friendship part has more to do with how the syndrome plays out in the real world.

This OP has a classic case of "Nice Guy Syndrome."
edit on 20-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join