It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

In all instances, cooler heads prevail.

Screaming children are not fun. Last restaurant I worked in as a sous chef was a country club. I was the night manager. It was an unwritten rule that we would not seat children after about 7:30 (we were open till 11). We would usually have 3 services, and most of the time kids were not in the late ones. There were cases where there were and those members were notified in their next bill for dues that it was not policy but we would appreciate that they reserved the first seating if they had kids. We even had seperate dining areas for brunch. This was a country club though. not a Starbucks.

And when i said hit first and ask questions later, that is not being a bully. If someone comes up to you and says they are going to beat your A%%, 98% of the time you have already won. However, you do not wait around for a friend to come take care of thier issues for them.

My children have all been raised that is someone touches them , you ask them to stop. If they do it again, you warn them to leave you alone. If they touch you again. hit them. Three strike rule.

edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

So, people who have kids are not allowed to go where you do?
Can you not have kids, no one will take the time to have one with you, or are you a dog person? Where is all the anger coming from, I am just trying to figure it out. It is not my issue, it is yours. Suprised you did not call people with kids Breeders. Deal with it.

If I want to bring my infant to Starbucks I would. It is a Fast food coffee shop not Booby Vans in NY. Infants should not go there.

and just to clarify, everyone under 18 is a child Suz62. Why do you have such a problem with kids in a Starbucks since you left the diaper issue in the wind and did not read that I said I would not do it, I would be in a stall or my van by what is the big deal.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
LOts of people FART in theaters throw em out with the baby!!!
If you can catch them

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My opinion is...I do not think anyone should change their baby's diaper in public...I think that changing a diaper is a very private matter and should be done in a private setting...plus I think it is embarrassing to the baby. Yes...that is right ....I said embarrassing to the baby. I know as an adult I do not want to be paraded around in public naked for all the world to see...it would be extremely embarrassing...and yes I think it is for baby too.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by snarky412

To be honest I agree with you. It's disgusting she changed the diaper on the table. It's not sanitary. Also why would you bring your baby to a busy place like a Starbucks?

Good, I'm not alone feeling disgusted by this.

Also, why is it Starbuck's place to provide them a place to change the diaper?
What would they have done if there was no Starbucks?
Used the car?? That would have been better than a cafe place.

To me, they sounded rude and didn't care what any one thought.
No one was supposed to say any thing to them.

I know I probably would have. YUCK!!!

As a business owner, myself and my cohorts are quite aware we need to be accessible for all our patrons. If there is no Starbucks, perhaps theres another place that has a table.

It makes good sense to put in change tables and wheelchair accessible washrooms, if you are able to. This isn't always the case, depending on building design etc.

In this case, if it's gonna happen,(or about to happen..) I'd tell staff just to suck it up, be quiet as possible and sanitize the tables afterward. The customer is always right, unfortunately...
edit on 18-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if and when Starbucks start paying their due taxes will i give a Baby poop...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Indeed they do. I must say I feel a bit childish over our little tussle. When I worked at the hell hole mcdonalds, I was fortunate enough to not have any unattended kids and no bad parents. The punk teenagers however seemed to be of an unlimited supply.I agree, when someone comes up threating to beat that ### they normally like a small dog, all bark and no bite. When verbally threatened I see no reason to pull any punches, everyone is entitled to self defense. Yeah, I know what you mean about the friend. Sadly, so many people jump into a situation they cant handle and have to call for back up due to fear of getting whats coming to them. From talking to you rationally and calmly I feel I misjudged you.

PS, if I ever do own a restaurant, your welcome to come! Diaper and all, just keep it in the bathroom

Once again, sorry for our misguided words, look forward to reading more of your thoughts and posts.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Obviously no one here read the article.

She didn't change her child on a DINING table. She changed the baby on a seat.

"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and laughing about it."

I find it humorous that so many people are so offended at a misrepresentation of what actually happened. Is this really the meat and potatoes of what we're here for?

Also, the lady was doing what she had to do as a mother. When your kid poops you don't jog down the street while your kid luxuriates in his/her own filth. The problem really started when some snide, hipster Starbucks employee was a disrespectful smartass about it.

I'm not saying the mother didn't have a better option - but when these things happen you just be..a human about it.

Are we really so insensitive as a society to look down on a woman caring for her child? You people make me sad.
edit on 17-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

What if it was a doubly-incontinent old person. They equally have no control of it, should their carer have been allowed to deal with the situation in the same location?

Don't be so damned silly.

Yes, being forgiving for people doing basic things that don't really hurt anyone is silly. You're a fool.

Life doesn't work like that.

It is foolish to believe it does!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm good at reading between the lines....that lady spilled coffee on the floor to belittle the employee. She could had very easily done the changing outside or better yet her car. Parents think EVERYONE loves their rug rats as much as they do...well we don't. Really?! She thinks that's acceptable to do in a restaurant. DISGUSTING. I think the employee stood up for ALL the other customers in there. That mother didn't give a rats furry backside about ANYONE else but her and precious baby. The inconvenience of having the baby is ALL on the parent, not everyone around the parent....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

God point about the wee one!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Stop the mass breeding of the self rightious.

nuff said

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Starbucks should sue her, for willfully endangering their customers, of which I am a major one, with nothing but 100% satisfaction with their products and service.

What this mother did is indefensible. So your baby crapped itself. Let him stew in it until you reach an appropriate place. A cafe table, (for the benefit of unsanitary cretins), is not an appropriate place, EVER. Just because you s*#t where you eat doesn't mean others should be forced to eat where you s*#t.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

WOW not much to write your perceived ignorance and "Mr. Badass" attitude says it all. People like you are the ones that end up in stories on the news where someone gets shot, stabbed, ran over, and all sort of other things because you always have to be the badass. Your not the alpha everywhere... So take your silly internet threats back to 3rd grade where you belong.
edit on 18-5-2013 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

I'll be blasted for this but I've noticed parents will do things they shouldn't just because they're parents and think they have the ultimate right to do them. Common sense is dead in the parenting world.

PS: Why didn't she take the kid to her car and change it there?
edit on 5/18/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

My sentiments exactly........

Who needs common sense when we have smart phones to think for us now?!!

[with the exclusion of me, I still have a flip phone- I refuse to be dependent on a gadget]

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
reply to post by esdad71

WOW not much to write your perceived ignorance and "Mr. Badass" attitude says it all. People like you are the ones that end up in stories on the news where someone gets shot, stabbed, ran over, and all sort of other things because you always have to be the badass. Your not the alpha everywhere... So take your silly internet threats back to 3rd grade where you belong.

Um, read ALL of the posts their MR Slipknot mask and then come back and talk about the thread. People like me would not get run over or shot or stabbed. You are attacking me based on your own fear and inability to speak your own views. I was talking about what a man should do regarding his family. Did I say I would beat up everyone in the Starbucks. Did I say I would threaten him. No, I would speak up. Diaper or not, Starbucks employees, for the most part,l are self righteous granola munchers in skinny jeans who weigh less than their girlfriends. It is called the pussification of America. You have been conditioned to think if someone speaks up they are wrong./ I would bet money if you say someone being bullied you would wither walk away or video it and how you got a million hits on Facebook or You Tube.

To counter, You my friend are telling me I am not the alpha. Calling me out. Maybe you should gain a little self confidence and let it show in a good way and not on the Internets where everyone is a tough guy like you with the scary avatar. I would also guarantee you would not talk to me in public like this but you feel empowered here, like you would at you 6 dollar and hour job trying to tell people what to do and how to act and not doing your job.

Sound about right???

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyFreak

Come on read or listen!! They didn't change him on the table, they changed him on the seat.

[insert] Alex Burgos says a Starbucks employee tossed his wife a rag and spoke to her in a "demeaning" tone.
"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and
laughing about it."[insert]

And you need to read through all the posts, where another poster said the same thing and I replied the same way as the article stated:

The seating area--hence where people eat/drink
And most people here don't want to see much less smell that crap while the diaper is being changed in the seating area.

It's called common decency not to mention common courtesy towards other patrons in the establishment.
Not to mention not sanitary at all.....

Go to the stupid car, not a cafe.
What did people ever do before they designed changing tables?

Hmmm, gee I wonder.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't care if she changed the baby on the damn floor. I'm so tired of people wanting to share their crap (pun here). They wouldn't want some 60 year old lady bending over at the table next to them and showing her friend her hemorrhoids. If people wanted to see nasty stinking diapers we'd all go hang out at a day care. If you had a kid you know the rules. Keep you pooping, screaming, annoying package at home whenever possible. Most certainly don't go showing your kids poop smeared butt and genitalia to people paying for a nice coffee experience.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The parents broke about 50 health codes.
They should face the fines for endagering the other patrons with their little biohazard.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
At first I thought the cops were called because she was changing her baby's diaper at Starbucks, then I realized this was the real reason:

An employee then told her to make sure she cleans the mess up and tossed her a rag.
Naturally, the parents got offended and went back at the employee purposely spilling coffee on the floor and telling the employee to clean THAT mess up.....
Of course, after that, things got heated and carried away until the cops were called. [no arrests]

It is unsanitary. They gave her a break by just tossing her a rap and saying to clean it up because it is unsanitary, and then when she responded with a bad attitude and littered (purposely spilling coffee) the cops were called.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

People cannot break health codes, workers do...
. Also, the next time you sit in a chair in any restaurant with a cushion realize you are sitting on a 1000 farts and who knows what other drips.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join