It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
They prolly didn't have a high chair either in the coffee shop. No high chair or diaper changing apparatus likely means that they don't want rotten kids in their place. Who wants to endure that while trying to get jacked on coffee! No one. Parents these days cannot take a hint.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
WOW, don't people carry diaper pads with them any more, so you can change the baby in the floor in bathroom, on the pad of course???? They wouldn't be that difficult to make, you just roll them up, keep in stroller, etc, or car. This is another one of those where's the common sense case?

Really boils down to bad manners, which seems like its everywhere and contagious even. But yea, I mean it doesn't take that much effort to have a vinyll type of pad, some wipes and an extra baggy to put diapers in until you get home, or toss in a trash can. I raised four, always was about and never had to worry whether there was a table or not, but then

Wouldn't dream of changing anywhere other than Inside a bathroom either. it dies require carrying a decent diaper bag, but then, I don't know how women go without a big bag just for normal use. Maybe it's a generation thing but in our day, you always came prepared, and brought needed items and prep items with you, especially with children.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What is wrong with Starbucks employees? Don't they realise anyone with $7.00 to spend on a Gaw Dang cup of coffee has enough money to change their #ty diapers on any surface that presents itself...

Geez, the help these days.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie
They prolly didn't have a high chair either in the coffee shop. No high chair or diaper changing apparatus likely means that they don't want rotten kids in their place. Who wants to endure that while trying to get jacked on coffee! No one. Parents these days cannot take a hint.

I was single parent for several years and always, Always hung at Starbucks on my days off, never had a problem. But then I always had my stroller (I'm a walker/bus type) and even when I had a car, this was years ago, I had one of those attachable high chair things that you slip on, etc. guess they don't sell those anymore...

And I lived in Denver then. Uh, there wasn't any don't want kids crap attitudes in Coffee joints, in fact they always treated us very good. But then, maybe there wasn't as many snotty Brats who forget They too were once kids, then either, just saying...

No, I think the problem really is this convenient society and lack of prep type of thing, because I see this a lot on transport...technology is great an all but people don't seem to carry things on person they may need, and with kids you really need to be prepared for just about anything. Example, where I live it can break out in rain, I can't count the times on the bus women have no umbrella or poncho, etc. all they have is a jacket and a cell phone,

Cell phones or smart phones are all great and all, but uh, lol, they don't keep you from getting wet. So you would think, with kids, you have your diaper changing pad, change of clothes just in case, extra bottle etc., extra shirt for self in case baby throws up, just roll up and toss in a bag and so you didn't need them, but if you do, hey it's there.

Same with extra food, Meds, etc., you know LOL it's funny because MEN now actually DO prep, altoid cans anyone,

When women Use to, what gives with that? Now women carry twenty lip glosses and no aspirin? Seriously, I think it's this generation, imagine what would happen in emergency situ? Geesh...!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by centhwevir1979
reply to post by riverwild

Thank you. My restaurant doesn't have a change station, what are we going to do - remodel because somebody might have to use it like once a month? It might not even be used that frequently.

While you are at it,..may as well add a breast feeding room.

Section 4207 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as Health Care Reform), amended the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or federal wage and hour law. The amendment requires employers to provide reasonable break time and a private, non-bathroom place for nursing mothers to express breast milk during the workday, for one year after the child’s birth. The new requirements became effective when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law on March 23, 2010. Download the text of Section 4207 only.

www.usbreastfeeding.org...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by centhwevir1979

Thank you. My restaurant doesn't have a change station, what are we going to do - remodel because somebody might have to use it like once a month? It might not even be used that frequently.

While you are at it,..may as well add a breast feeding room.

Section 4207 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (also known as Health Care Reform), amended the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), or federal wage and hour law. The amendment requires employers to provide reasonable break time and a private, non-bathroom place for nursing mothers to express breast milk during the workday, for one year after the child’s birth. The new requirements became effective when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law on March 23, 2010. Download the text of Section 4207 only.

www.usbreastfeeding.org...

Well, hmmmm,

We don't want them getting welfare, we don't want them getting abortions, we don't want them having birth control,

And we don't want them at home married being appendages

So I guess, breast feeding room it is then. Guess we could outlaw Breastfeeding,

But then, we didn't want WIC either...or food stamps for formula and on and on and on

Well, there's always forced sterilization or

We could just kill off all the women! Yay, there we go, problems solved! Now all we need,

Is some Robot females that can take care of, needs, solve a lot of problems!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

Story say's it was on seat not table, I don't thinkink anyone in right mind would use table.
But seat is where everyone puts ass and I'm sure has seen a little # along the way.

Butt watch where you sit before you seat your self or might sit in something you do not want to sit in.

Ask that girl from married with children, what she found in the holes of bowling balls, Christina Applegate said Fecal Matter. So watch out and I think they get culture for Yogurt from Baby #, don't ask where culture for Limburger Cheese comes from . I might tell you.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness

Movies are the absolute worst. Can't tell you how many good horror movies I've been to where a child ruined my experience. Who takes children to a movie meant to scare the pants off an adult anyways! Haha

Not appropriate to take a child to theater in the first place. (Unless it is a drive in) Do they have those anymore????

Ahhhh, THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by snarky412

as a parent i say boo boo to multibillion dollar coffee franchise that is too bloody cheap to install a diaper changing table in their restrooms come on you charge 6 bucks a cup of 35 cent cup of coffee but can't afford a 40 dolloar changing table for each store.

Oh please....
Then go someplace that they cater to your needs!

It is not a restaurants responsibility to provide a place to change a kids poo-poo pants!

It is the parents responsibility to care for the kids! NOT the restaurants!!!

Crap people!!!!!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
What is wrong with Starbucks employees? Don't they realise anyone with $7.00 to spend on a Gaw Dang cup of coffee has enough money to change their #ty diapers on any surface that presents itself...

Geez, the help these days.

Times have changed.

Coffee (7.00) , a baby wipe for the butt ($4.00 extra), a clorex wipe for the counter ($5.50 extra), a bag for the diaper ($2.50 extra). Spray the stink area (special .99 cents). Free spray if you order 2.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

You nailed it. Just be prepared. As a mother of 3 kids I would never ever think of changing my kids on any table in ANY establishment. That is gross and unthoughtful! I have always carried things to be ready and if that meant a quick one or more block run to the truck... so be it! Kids can deal for a minute or two. Cleaning your kids ..... stuff in public on surfaces where others are eating etc. is just rude!

Maybe in the park on the grass.... I am not bothered but not on a table others are going to eat off of! Ewww no wonder my husband never wants to eat out!
edit on 5/19/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't agree with what this woman did and it was completely unsanitary, but for your general info, in NYC, for example, most of the Starbucks don't even have bathrooms, let alone changing tables. I think Starbucks should use someof. the millions that they make each year and provide people with a bathroom AND a changing table like most franchises do.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
That child is not really a baby, he was verging on a Toddler, and most likely eating solid food, so i'm sure his poop was pretty big and stinky.
why not go to McDonalds who has really good coffee too and is kid friendly?
When I raised my kids, I would have never, ever done this. It is disrespectful to those around me, and to my child. What happen to modesty and teaching it to our kids?
Its parents like this who's kids don't know right from wrong because their parents do as they please. And then to have the audacity to pour coffee on the floor, yes mom and dad show little Jr. how to handle a problem by being low class and even more disrespectful.
And I am sure it was a poop pants, pee usually doesn't stink and have an immediate need for changing.
ug. some people should be just sterilized.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by VoidHawk
This thread should be about starbugs not providing facilities.

Why should they provide these facilities? Do they have to provide facilities for every need customers may have or is it just the ones you deem important?

Hahahaha StarBUGS. Indeed this one is now is a buggy place (double pun intended).

Yeah, I don't really understand the mother. Years ago I was at my boyfriend's sister's palce, when on the couch she felt the need to change her baby. Good grief, that stench..... Guess she wanted us all to enjoy

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

what kind of a well thought out intelligent response is that, to suggest other patrons vomit on the diaper changer. that is a violent putrid sick suggestion.

the woman had a dirty diaper needing changed, and would have accomplished her task had the starbucks worker not butted in with a sarcastic comment and gesture. no one would have been wiser that the diaper change happened.

to suggest that other patrons vomit, regurgitate and throw up on the situation is suggestive of a mental illness that lacks charity and love.

There was a time that I could regurgitate this crap all day long...then I grew up...

edit on 19-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm a mother of 2 small children and live in Denver, I've never had a problem finding an appropriate place to change my children. This is a very accommodating city but some Starbucks are small and just can't cater to every need, so those places I just avoided for a while. I find this to be the problem with some people: they want to see the latest RPX film at 8:30pm even if they do have a baby or toddler, so they just take them along. The concept of waiting to see it another time escapes them.

I lived in Miami until about 10 years ago and before leaving that town a woman changed a VERY loaded diaper on the movie theater seat next to me, stinking up the entire theater. She did it messily, I can guarantee some of the mess landed on the cloth seat. Zero consideration, utterly lazy and a group of us left the theater.

Like I said, some people are just inconsiderate, rude and self-centered. Many are very polite and decent people, but there are dirtbags out there who care nothing for others.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with using the floor of the restroom? Sure, it's a hard surface, but so are the changing tables. Most of the ones I have seen are bare plastic.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Obviously no one here read the article.

She didn't change her child on a DINING table. She changed the baby on a seat.

"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and laughing about it."

I find it humorous that so many people are so offended at a misrepresentation of what actually happened. Is this really the meat and potatoes of what we're here for?

Also, the lady was doing what she had to do as a mother. When your kid poops you don't jog down the street while your kid luxuriates in his/her own filth. The problem really started when some snide, hipster Starbucks employee was a disrespectful smartass about it.

I'm not saying the mother didn't have a better option - but when these things happen you just be..a human about it.

Are we really so insensitive as a society to look down on a woman caring for her child? You people make me sad.
edit on 17-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)
Ummm...I just had to repost this again..........and a star to steer by...It's like the whole breast feeding in public nonsense....Get a grip people there are much better things to opine about than human nature...........As over priced as those latte's are at Starbucks then i would think the place could afford a changing table in the rest-room. I'm sure the proceeds from ten cups of their swill would suffice........KWIM?

YouSir

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think both parties failed miserably here.

The mother shouldn't change her baby in the public area of an eating/drinking establishment. Not on the table, the seat or the floor, not if it's just wet or if it's poopy. It's not sanitary, it's potentially stinky and it's fairly disgusting, especially for those who don't have kids. The mother also purposely spilled coffee and basically acted like an entitled bitch. The ability to breed does not entitle you to anything. (Breast-feeding is entirely different. If people don't want to see it, they can look away. It's sanitary, it doesn't smell and doesn't impose on other people.)

The Starbucks owner was rude and disrespectful to the woman. The employees laughed about it and were totally unprofessional.

But I find the mother was MORE at fault. She could have really damaged the reputation of that business. And unless you're an idiot, you know that human urine and/or feces are not welcome in an eating environment. EVER. And a coffee shop (where your car is parked right outside) should be under no obligation to provide changing furniture for babies, any more than they should have to provide showers, bathtubs or beds.

Being a parent is a responsibility. And that responsibility includes YOU providing for the various needs of your baby, not expecting the world to do it for you.
edit on 5/19/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Breastfeeding in public isn't appropriate either. There's a reason it's called civilization.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join