It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Normally I support women when it comes to babies and feeding, however this is just.....wrong.

Its a business that serves food and drink. The last thing I want to see is the person at the next table stripping down a baby and cleaning up the poop on the table.

Its a serious health issue and baby or not, if an adult pulled the same thing they would be charged. I am sure mom wouldn't not like a person randomly stopping by her house while she is making / serving dinner, place their kid on the table and cleaning it up.

As for the actions of the employee.... im not a fan of bein rude but in this case, I support the actions of the employee. While im sure part of their job description is to keep the bathrooms clean, it certainly does not cover cleaning up a toilet mess on a table in the front lobby.

This mother exercised poor common sense, and to blame the fact their is no changing table is just crap.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

I would have said something but it was so surreal. I am shocked the waitresses didn't since the kid (10 or 11 years old) could have tipped the table over and almost did as it wasn't designed for a 80 pound human. I won't eat there again given the sanitary conditions. There are health codes for a reason. Ecoli, woms, other paracites such as giardia (sp?), salmonella, and who knows what else can be in human feces as in the case at starbucks. Dirty feet where my food is plopped doesn't seem right either. These could have touched those things and more (and I like going barefooted but don't stick them in my food or rub on my table). I understand changing a diap in a hurry but I see the Starbucks person saying something for health reasons. And I [color=6699FF]see kids all the time behaving badly. Our jobs as parents is to set limits and ultimately raise responsible socially acceptable people who don't embarrass themselves or worse. Kids need boundaries (not talking about the baby of course) and I'm glad you stepped up and said something. So many are afraid to do so. It does take a community to raise a kid in some cases.

Well put. Strongly agree.

Though I think Hillary had something else in mind with her tyrannical stupid quip. She's part of the group that wants parents out of the picture totally.

I have been known to put on the card something like:

"That's an excellent way to train the kid for prison.
Teaching a child boundaries is crucial for health, stable, mutually satisfying relationships and civilization."

In those cases, I try to suggest a good book or two.

In terms of sanitary . . .

[color=6699FF]FOLKS, WISE-UP--the menu's have been documented in a number of research studies to be very filthy with serious disease causing bacteria and viruses. They get routinely dropped on the floor. In many places in the 3rd world, the floor is incredibly filthy. And street dirt in the USA is still pretty filthy.

Again, from my Asian years and the habit there of carrying my backpack everywhere--I have wetwipes with me all the time. I use them on the table and after using the menu. And I put the silverware on a strip of paper towel or an extra napkin. I don't really care if folks laugh at me being OCD or whatever. With a genetically blunted immune system, I have to do what I have to do.

edit on 18/5/2013 by BO XIAN because: Tags worked on preview trying to fix now

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm walking down the street this lady lives in and I need to go to the toilet. I knock on the door to ask and she says no so I take a dump on her lawn in broad daylight.

Not much different except the age. Excretement is excretement regardless of age and it smells the same.

The woman needs to get her act together. We NEVER had a problem with our three children, why does she?
edit on 18-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImTheGreatest
Maybe y'all should read the article. Never once did it mention the child was changed on the table.

The employee said to wipe the seat when he was done. From that I gather he did it in a booth not the table.

I dont care if they sat the child on the floor to wipe the butt. It's a food establishment and should not have been done in an area where others consume food or drink.

If there was not a changing station in the bathroom, they should have taken the child to their car.

Hopefully someone took a picture of the child so it can be shown to their friends in about 18 years. Would be a Great "Year Book" photo!!!!!!

Shame on the parents for their actions.

edit on 18-5-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This demonstrates a lot of things that are wrong with life today;

Children are given way too much importance to the detriment of everyone else

Parents are (deliberately?) unaware that it is only them who think there offspring are wonderful

Corporations are so afraid of adverse publicity that they apologise to those who are in the wrong and their revolting behaviour is reinforced as being correct. If it was a small independent concern the owner would have banned them from the establishment, or at least that's what would have happened if it was my coffee shop.

The police if called will attend for a trifling matter (which I would have dealt with myself) yet for more serious occurrence you are likely to get an answer along the lines of "we've got no one available", or "there's nothing we can do". The latter is my local geographical police forces motto ( ahem D&C cough).
edit on 18-5-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

If a coffee shop chain with a no children under fourteen was to open near me I would be a regular patron, a man can dream can't he.
edit on 18-5-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
how come the filthy rich and non tax paying (in the uk) starbucks cant shell out a few quid for a changing table? then non of this non-event would even have happened....

ETA: and yes, it was gross, but the mom may well have been sick of places with cruddy facilities for those who give them their living.
edit on 18-5-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2013 by skalla because: confusing me with too many nons, non?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
how come the filthy rich and non tax paying (in the uk) starbucks cant shell out a few quid for a changing table? then non of this non-event would even have happened....

ETA: and yes, it was gross, but the mom may well have been sick of places with cruddy facilities for those who give them their living.

Then she should have gone elsewhere or gone through the drive-thru window if she needed her Starbucks so badly.

Im certian there was nothing on the menu the baby could eat.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What a bunch of pansies! Dont you know what goes in must come out?
Is there nothing better for people to do than go off on some harrassed mother with a poopy kid?
Youve all # a diaper at some point.
I am sure you didnt want to sit in it too.....

edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Do you let your children or relatives poop at the dinner table than proceed to clean themselves up then and their? Not I. I get the chills just thinking about it O.o

I'm sorry but, you're comparing apples to oranges.

ETA: If things like this become more commonplace I can foresee the government implementing a Poop Police.

edit on 18-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Babies are disgusting, and parents are even more disgusting for thinking their baby's disgusting smells and sounds are cute.

**** your baby, it's ugly.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Obviously no one here read the article.

She didn't change her child on a DINING table. She changed the baby on a seat.

"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and laughing about it."

I find it humorous that so many people are so offended at a misrepresentation of what actually happened. Is this really the meat and potatoes of what we're here for?

Also, the lady was doing what she had to do as a mother. When your kid poops you don't jog down the street while your kid luxuriates in his/her own filth. The problem really started when some snide, hipster Starbucks employee was a disrespectful smartass about it.

I'm not saying the mother didn't have a better option - but when these things happen you just be..a human about it.

Are we really so insensitive as a society to look down on a woman caring for her child? You people make me sad.
edit on 17-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

What if it was a doubly-incontinent old person. They equally have no control of it, should their carer have been allowed to deal with the situation in the same location?

Don't be so damned silly.

Yes, being forgiving for people doing basic things that don't really hurt anyone is silly. You're a fool.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'll be blasted for this but I've noticed parents will do things they shouldn't just because they're parents and think they have the ultimate right to do them. Common sense is dead in the parenting world.

PS: Why didn't she take the kid to her car and change it there?
edit on 5/18/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
How did she get to Starbucks?

A car?

Perhaps the hood of a car or the seat inside.

Don't tell me it couldn't wait

However. Starbucks should install a table in the bathroom. Every public food business should have one.

500 dollars to appease your clients with infants sounds like something that will pay for itself and then some.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
What a bunch of pansies! Dont you know what goes in must come out?
Is there nothing better for people to do than go off on some harrassed mother with a poopy kid?
Youve all # a diaper at some point.
I am sure you didnt want to sit in it too.....

edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

That is true.

However, my mother had the decency and respected others enough NOT to change and wipe my butt in a public place. Much less a restaurant.

Where did she put the poopie diapers after the fact? Resaurant trash can?

Bet that was an appealing smelll to the rest of the customers.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Simple answer.. Go to your car, dont change a diaper in an area that people eat or drink in, its unsanitary and gross.
Stupid narcissistic woman that thinks the world revolves around her and her brat.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Gross. People are eating and the odor must have been awful. She's raising a baby but has enough money for that coffee but not a babysitter or to change the diaper in her car? Babies and coffee houses don't mix. Sort of like bringing a baby to a bar.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is really disgusting. I would never change a diaper in any dining room, anywhere, even in a home. The outside in the car should have been the spot; let the poo and mess and smell from your baby annoy you in your car.
If someone had called the BoH they would have agreed. Fecal exposure is fecal exposure no matter the size of the person doing it.
To Starbucks for apologizing for anything but the crappy employee's reaction. The MoD should have immediately told the customer to take it outside, though. Throwing a cleaning towel was inappropriate and just wrong. In a public situation, exposure to bodily waste usually requires special treatment, and not just expecting the idiot making the waste is going to be doing a good job.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild

Originally posted by skalla

Then she should have gone elsewhere or gone through the drive-thru window if she needed her Starbucks so badly.

Im certian there was nothing on the menu the baby could eat.

No what would have been grosser if she bought a protein box and pre-chewed the food before feeding it to her baby, to match her cave woman habits. There is one food I have seen, apple sauce in a pouch.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by the employee's reaction. It was one of disgust. Too often we dismiss workers like this who put up with a lot of nasty bull to earn their paychecks.

Some things should never happen. This was one of them.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

A star for "cavewoman".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join