It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yes... I'd like to order one large Crapolata, please... hold the whiz!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Changing diapers in an area where food is served is discourteous and a danger to public health.

From what I understand after receiving a polio vaccine, a baby can shed the virus in their stools. I remember reading something about that when my kids got theirs. The caregiver should be vaccinated or take precautions.

Lots of things can be shed from feces. Infants aren't exempt from carrying disease.

The majority of us fight off germs pretty well but the elderly, infants/small children and those with compromised immune systems are another matter. It's ignorant to take such risks around the general public.

Unfortunately this is the attitude of some people today, even those who work in food service. It's like they've got no sense of hygiene. It's the reason I left food service.

I blame it on modern medicine/ignorance. Back in the day restaurant/cafeteria workers dressed like nurses and were just as clean. My grandma used to boil sheets anytime a family member was sick. It was because medicine wasn't so good and death caused by germs/disease was very real. We've gotten lazy. Now we have sanitizers and medicines, no common sense needed.

If you think what's going on in the dining room is bad you better not look in the kitchen. I left my last job in food service 8 years ago because of a filthy/disgusting dishwasher. I choose where I eat very carefully or I eat at home/pack a lunch.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Come on read or listen!! They didn't change him on the table, they changed him on the seat.

[insert] Alex Burgos says a Starbucks employee tossed his wife a rag and spoke to her in a "demeaning" tone.
"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and
laughing about it."[insert]

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Folks, get a grip. I can change a diaper faster than most NASCAR teams can do a pit stop. Should they have gone out to the car, sure, but I know the self righteous attitude of most of you who pay 4.50 a day for coffee but are on unemployment looking for a job
, my wife managed a Starbucks a few years back and has plenty of stories about both sides, customers and you who think you are BArista's. This is not Italy and you do no more than the local Dunkin Donuts folks. You can all be tools very often and I am sure the parents were, but, (did I say that
) lighten up...

The police? Call the police? A good manager would have asked them to do it somewhere else and then no matter what happened just get on with the day. Rule number one as a manager is to move forward not backward with any situation. Find a resolution not cause more problems. Remember, Starbucks allows homeless people to sit in there and get free wifi after they purchase a coffee and they # their pants...

edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I hope someday someone comes along and rubs a big steamy pile of crap all over your dinner plate. No? Wouldn't like that? If its so harmless in your eyes what would be the problem? Guess what, its not the green/black/brown mush that's the problem. Its all the nasty little diseases that it contains, you know, the stuff you DONT see? Yeah, I have no intention of getting sick over a scumbag parent who's too lazy to walk their kid to the car to change the brat. If someone can't understand its not proper to wipe their kids nasty butt in a place where food is served they're unfit parents. Deny ignorance. Don't spread it, or disease for that matter.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyFreak

Come on read or listen!! They didn't change him on the table, they changed him on the seat.

People often touch the seat they are sitting in.

Besides the fact, a cloth will not remove feces. You need bleach to disinfect that ****!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

And that's why if your running about with a baby in tow you should always have a changing pad in your diaper bag. Many a times when the kids were babies and the grandkid was a little younger when there was no changing table in the restroom I just whipped out a foldable changing pad, spread it on the restroom floor and took care of business. On the rare occasions I forgot to pack a changing pad I took them to the car to change them. Nobody wants to see or smell "yucky butt" while they're trying to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Most comments here are laughable and I hope in jest and just missing the /sarcasm tags.
Starbucks should have a changing table. These days no company can afford to alienate a paying customer, especially a business selling over priced coffee. Starbucks apologized to keep from alienating parents everywhere.

I would like to know how you guys with weak stomachs would survive in China

www.youtube.com...

China's civilization has been around for 5000 years, Seems to me that a little baby poop hasn't led to Armageddon.... yet. /sarcasm

edit on 18-5-2013 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Public health risks

"Fecal and skin-borne bacteria resistant to antibiotics were found in a seat on a train headed from Daly City to Dublin/Pleasanton. Further testing on the skin-borne bacteria showed characteristics of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, the drug-resistant bacterium that causes potentially lethal infections..."

So as much as people want to trivialize this and defend such behavior, careful observations tell us this is not a safe way to operate. This place serves food, by the way.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

To be honest I agree with you. It's disgusting she changed the diaper on the table. It's not sanitary. Also why would you bring your baby to a busy place like a Starbucks?

Exactly, the kind of baby that needs a diaper change, is too small to be drinking coffee anyway. Poor parenting, I say. Call child services.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk

China's civilization has been around for 5000 years, Seems to me that a little baby poop hasn't led to Armageddon.... yet. /sarcasm

Oh China, you mean that country that has the amazing environmental and animal rights practices that is not the constant butt of jokes here in my land USA? That China? And have you considered that Starbucks may not welcome babies in much the same way that Abercrombie discourages obese people from trying to wear their clothes?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't believe Starbucks apologized. That is disgusting, I am a mom of two and would never have considered changing a diaper in public where I or anyone else eats. And to top it off the mom was horribly rude.

No starbucks should not have apologized, they should have stood their ground. This lady was wacky and they lost customers trying to please just the one who was not only rude but completely unsanitary.

I wish people and stores would get a freaking backbone and stop bowing down to apologize for every thing....especially when they did nothing wrong.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yuk! Some people are such pigs! Take the baby to your damn car and change its diaper. And DELIBERATELY spilling coffee shows the immaturity of that baby's parent(s)!! It is not Starbucks responsibility to provide a diaper-changing area, although some restaurants choose to do so. Starbucks did not owe that parent an apology, imo! This sense of entitlement, this REFUSAL to take any responsibility is, imo, what is destroying this country! I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout. Our motto: Be Prepared! Perhaps the parent(s) could even carry a towel or other large item that could be laid upon the bathroom floor (when needed) to be utilized for the changing of a diaper?? Generally new parent(s) are young, so getting down on the floor to change a diaper shouldn't be a problem--or have some other SANITARY plan in place for such times!!
edit on 18-5-2013 by Habit4ming because: forgot a word

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

I agree 100% That #### does need bleach, and maybe one of those Xenex Robots...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Forget the police, call Haz Mat.......that lady is a gross pig.........

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A lot of parents think the world revolves around their children. Personally I would have said something way before the people at Starbucks did. Screw the little bugger, let him sit in poo if you need your Starbucks so badly. Tis a piss poor parent that then spills coffee on the floor when busted for being disgusting. Had I had to smell the kids crap I would have torn the parents a new ass right then and there.

Low class scum should not be able to afford Starbucks anyway. Do they take food stamps at Uckbucks?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HillbillyFreak

[insert] Alex Burgos says a Starbucks employee tossed his wife a rag and spoke to her in a "demeaning" tone.
"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and
laughing about it."[insert]

Ok to change your child where others are eating is rude and inconsiderate. This is why the workers were joking about it it’s not done. If they want to argue there is no where to change the baby that left them a couple of choices leave and do not frequent the place because of lack of changing area. They could take child to car seen this just the other day in a Chinese restaurant. Or third they could simply have waited until meal was done and then change the child. But to do it in the middle of a dining area is highly inappropriate. While were on the subject taking a baby in to a movie theater also not appropriate for god sakes people higher a sitter. The baby doesn’t want to be there or they wouldn’t be screaming there bloody head off and the other people obviously don’t want to hear the baby complaining loudly how he’d rather be somewhere else.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

And that's why if your running about with a baby in tow you should always have a changing pad in your diaper bag. Many a times when the kids were babies and the grandkid was a little younger when there was no changing table in the restroom I just whipped out a foldable changing pad, spread it on the restroom floor and took care of business. On the rare occasions I forgot to pack a changing pad I took them to the car to change them. Nobody wants to see or smell "yucky butt" while they're trying to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee.

Yes! I'm sure Starbucks would have provided a clean towel to use in the restroom if they didn't have a changing pad or blanket. As someone with a strong gag reflex it would have totally grossed me out, lol, heck even my own baby almost made me puke a few times...

A funny thing happened one time when I was in a public bathroom that did have a changing table....this Grandma was trying to change her very active and soiled toddler, I thought she was going to cry when she ran out of wet wipes. I handed her some wet paper towels while she made sure the baby didn't roll off the table.....lol...that kid was a little "stinker" !

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centhwevir1979

Originally posted by dieseldyk

Oh China, you mean that country that has the amazing environmental and animal rights practices that is not the constant butt of jokes here in my land USA? That China? And have you considered that Starbucks may not welcome babies in much the same way that Abercrombie discourages obese people from trying to wear their clothes?

Ah the you stretch it you bought it policy lol.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why would you bring a baby to Starbucks? Did I actually read that. It is a fast food store. Not a restaurant, and if you think there is no bug parts or fecal matter in your coffee from dirty employees or bugs crawling around at night you are diluted. I am sure the babies ass is cleaner than the towel they use to wipe down the tables.

Again, poor judgment on the parents but if one of those skinny jean wearing 'tough guy' baristas said something to my wife he would have 'accidentally' worn the coffee. What happened to 'customer service' and accomodating the custoemr. There are lots of ways this could have been handled.

I want to know where the video is? A crowded Starbucks and not one smartphone?

BTW, Starbucks did apologize and if wheelchair access is required, so should a changing table. They have kids items on the menu so they are expecting them, in all Starbucks. It is not a small fine dining restaurant.

edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join