It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

On a table or seat,I think the real issue is that children don't belong every single place that adults do.I can remember having my grandma watch my sister and I due to my parents going out to eat and kids weren't allowed there.Our society has become one that thinks that if its okay for me to go there its okay for my kids no matter they're age to go as well.I see people drag kids into malls,restaurants,movies, even parties acting like it should be no big deal that they're small children are there. You can't seem to go anywhere anymore without someones child screaming at the top of they're lungs acting up.

When my mom had to change my younger siblings she took them out to the car and did so in the seat there.I too have raised two kids and I know that sometimes your kids can leave you in a dilemma,but thats what your supposed to have common sense for.To weigh things out and think of the 'best' solution.Not the easiest for you.

And I guess by they're further actions show that they were inconsiderate people to begin with anyway.Pouring coffee on the floor because something was said to you? comon how childish.If anything the parents should have apologized to the people around them for the smell.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Then take the 3 dollar chocolate milk and other 'kids menu' items off. It's Starbucks not a 5 star restaurant. If I am dropping 200 bucks on a nice dinner I would rather not have a baby screaming but would it ruin my meal..no.

Throwing coffee on the ground, a bit dumb, but better customer service would have gone a lot farther.
edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

Again, poor judgment on the parents but if one of those skinny jean wearing 'tough guy' baristas said something to my wife he would have 'accidentally' worn the coffee.

You mean to say that if your wife is clearly in the wrong and somebody calls her out, you will chimp out and physically assault them? Guess who sets the rules in a place of business; the proprietor, and if at any time you disobey the rules any shop owner has the right to refuse you service and ask you to leave. Use your head, man, not some bogus machismo.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Starbucks has a kids menu.

Look, I don't agree with changing your kid in the dining room, but acting like kids shouldn't be allowed in Starbucks is just stupid. It's Starbucks not the freaking Stockyard people. We aren't talking fine dining, we are talking generic coffee drink pitstops.

I always carried a small mat in my diaper bag just in case I ran into a place without a changing station. Just pop the mat down on the floor in the bathroom and you are good to go.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

You say throwing coffee on the ground is a bit dumb, yet you wanna be macho and say if one of the workers doing their job said something to your wife, the " tough guy" would be wearing it? Alright "tough guy", the employees aren't paid to clean your kids fecal matter off the booth/table. Tough guy, if your wife and yourself came to my restaurant and changed your kids nasty ### on my table/booth, I'd do the same thing. You should try it, throwing a hot coffee on a employee who didn't do ####. I'd like to know just how tough you are.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How do all you fools even know there WAS # in the diaper?or that she didnt put a change pad/towel down on the seat first?
What if it was just a pissy diaper?
Would THAT soothe your delicate sensibilities?
Give a MOM a break...........you have no sense of reality....

edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Dont you realise a whole lot of arseholes are constantly just a piece of cloth away from the seat?
People fart !
edit on 18-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

If I am dropping 200 bucks on a nice dinner I would rather not have a baby screaming but would it ruin my meal..no.

It would ruin my dinner!

Having a screaming baby at the theater would also ruin the movie!

So, Starbucks doesnt have achanging station. Big deal! Should ALL restaurants be required to get one. NO!

If a restaurant doesnt have one. Go elsewhere!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It's poor form resulting from poor judgement, case closed. And believe it or not, city health inspectors issue fines for things like this. You think it's unreasonable that a cafe has an "Everyone keeps their pants on in the service room" rule?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Thank you. My restaurant doesn't have a change station, what are we going to do - remodel because somebody might have to use it like once a month? It might not even be used that frequently.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Movies are the absolute worst. Can't tell you how many good horror movies I've been to where a child ruined my experience. Who takes children to a movie meant to scare the pants off an adult anyways! Haha

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

Allow my to clarify 'tough guy'...

1. It is not the best choice to change a diaper in a fast food coffee shop. (It is not a restaurant). but sometimes you have too. Personally I have changed my kids by holding them on my upper thigh and changing them with one arm in a bathroom stall. Not that hard for a guy with basic coordination. That is why I would have done or go to our car.
2. throwing coffee is childish. Kind of like 'threatening' someone. If you are going to do it, just do it. Don't play games.
3. If someone said something to my wife and she felt uncomfortable about there would be a problem because I am not afraid to say something to anyone. This is not being macho or a tough guy. I would have said you did not have to throw it at her in this instance and ask to see a manager. If one of the workers acted like a fool, well, who knows what would happen but I can assure you I am not afraid to hit first and ask questions later. Just how I grew up. Nothing macho.
4. If Throwing a rag at someone is acceptable in your restaurant than you fit the same class of crummy customer service establishments and your clientele will show that.

Is that clear enough for you? I would not throw coffee on the floor but if I felt they were being inconsiderate to my wife I would say something and where it went it would. Again, there is nothing macho about that, it is called being a man and not allowing people to treat your family like garbage no matter the situation.

So, please tell me where your restaurant is, I travel quite a bit and would love to stop by and discuss your feelings as well as your 'tough guy' internet attitude. I will even come alone without a #ty diaper

Frequent restaurants that are not kid friendly if you like. You call ahead for reservation so ask. My wife and I do. Like I said, if I went out to eat, I am enjoying the meal and the company not concerned with what is around me. A crying baby in a nice restaurant is not pleasant but everyone is entilted to eat where they want. Eating out is not a privilege or a right...it is a choice. Like flying.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

Movies are not a Starbucks. I agree with you here. It is ignorant and those parents need to lean priorities.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

We have no choice about being subjected to other people's children. Considerate, mature parents stay home until children are old enough to sit quietly.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Which is why we do not eat out with our little kids if I go to a nice restaurant. You cannot enjoy the meal. You want to enjoy the company and the food and not the glares from people while your child screams.

This thread is about a Starbucks though. A fast food coffee shop that has a kids menu. That is basically how, if you do not want to eat around children, should filter where you eat. If they have a kids menu, expect kids. If not, then you should not have kids there. I have been in wine bars that offer tapas and people have screaming infants. Annoying, yes, but not enough to ruin my meal and evening.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

as a parent i say boo boo to multibillion dollar coffee franchise that is too bloody cheap to install a diaper changing table in their restrooms come on you charge 6 bucks a cup of 35 cent cup of coffee but can't afford a 40 dolloar changing table for each store.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I'm shaking man, oh no please don't hurt me!
Ha...haha..hahahahaha ^.^

Let's see here

1. Congrats! I commend your parenting skills and taking your kid to the bathroom! Problem solved, had the woman had the common sense to do the same, her issue would be non existent.

2. Its childish? I do recall you just saying something about throwing coffee on a tough guy, no? So, therefore your childish? Clearly, I can smell the macho essence over here in NC.

3. Your not afraid to say something? Me either! Saying something is fine, assaulting someone with hot coffee isn't. The self preservation mechanism trigger on said assaulted person, would be perfectly fine. However, speaking to a manager would be the responsible grown up thing to do, but alas, your much to mach for that, thus your need to say you wanna throw coffee at the guy. How Neanderthal-ish.

4. I don't own a restaurant bub, hypothetical situation, comprehend?

Explain to me, how tossing a rag at someone telling them to clean up is treating them like garbage? You clean your kids dirty butt when im enjoying my meal? Well sir, I feel you just treated me and every other patron like garbage imo. Should I be a man and instigate a fight in front of your family? I think not, I'm no Neanderthal

I'd like to point out what you said, "kind of like threatening someone, just do it, dont play games" Care to take your own advice? I can smell the loathing you have for me because I challenged your machoism.

There is one difference between us for sure. I don't "hit first ask questions later" I was raised, and trained better. I only defend myself, and I do it however is needed. That's how I was raised.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It used to be you, or another adult, could smack your kid in public for badmouthing. You could yell at a kid in public. Force the kid via dragging him by the ears out of the store. It was normal. It was what a parent had to do that was necessary. So we should all decide to band against this mother for doing what all mothers need to do to care for their kid. Changing the feces out of a diaper is as normal as feeding and burping the baby but America has become the free-est and least free country of the world at the same time. We live in the country where mothers with babies should be discouraged from entering any public place whatsoever and god-forbid the baby need to be changed. BUt we are free enough to videotape a pronstar blowing an audience member on the steps of a Jerry Springer show.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Well, I'm glad we can agree here! I would like to do a grown up thing here. After getting quite frustrated myself, I calmed down as I wrote. I attacked you with my first post as well as the last ( though it felt more justified) over a difference of opinion. I regret my attitude as I don't know you, but anger seeps through us all from time to time.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

This article is about changing a diaper in a Starbucks dining area. Completely inappropriate.

Children's menu, not infants.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMandlebrot

People are sick of living with your children. If we want kids we'll have some.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join