It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by snarky412
If I was a customer in the next
booth I would have definitely said something too!

Just the other day I was at Mc'ds getting a coffee when
a woman in front plots her old worn boots on the counter to
show the cashier.

edit on 19/5/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

did you say anything to the woman
who put her boots on the counter
like you "would have said something..."
to the woman who changed the diaper?
did not think so.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Some people are such pigs.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Folks, get a grip. I can change a diaper faster than most NASCAR teams can do a pit stop. Should they have gone out to the car, sure, but I know the self righteous attitude of most of you who pay 4.50 a day for coffee but are on unemployment looking for a job
, my wife managed a Starbucks a few years back and has plenty of stories about both sides, customers and you who think you are BArista's. This is not Italy and you do no more than the local Dunkin Donuts folks. You can all be tools very often and I am sure the parents were, but, (did I say that
) lighten up...

The police? Call the police? A good manager would have asked them to do it somewhere else and then no matter what happened just get on with the day. Rule number one as a manager is to move forward not backward with any situation. Find a resolution not cause more problems. Remember, Starbucks allows homeless people to sit in there and get free wifi after they purchase a coffee and they # their pants...

edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

The called the police for the assault on the employee. I'd say that the mom who changed the diaper in the dining room and then got pissed and violent when she felt she was disrespected for her actions was the one with teh sense of entitlement.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If it's considered acceptable/normal to change a poop filled diaper in a dining room, then maybe seating in restaurants should be replaced with toilets.

It would make things so much more convenient. That's what this is actually about. The parent's convenience/need trumped that of other patrons.

They were too lazy/inconsiderate to ask the manager for a remedy. I've seen managers move heaven/earth for customers. Something could've been worked out if these parents had desired it. They simply couldn't be bothered with manners.

I feel sorry for the teachers/children/society that has to put up with the offspring from parents like these two. They just make more of the same.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I have already agreed that the parents were idiots in this case and they did not have to make a big deal and did. However, the employee also could be charged with assault for verbal abuse and hand gestures towards not only the mother but the father. Two wrongs do not make a right. The more I think about the whole thing, they should both have taken a ride downtown and maybe both of them would have learned a lesson, Maybe learned a lesson.

Again though, if I was the Starbucks manager, the employee would at least have been sent home or fired for 'keeping it real' in this situation. The Starbucks employee is nothing more than the same person that is complaining.

edit on 20-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by esdad71

If I got out of line my mother gave me a good slap and I STFU. That's how it should be. Children used to be far better behaved because of it.

Man, I've had my butt spanked many a time....

Never hurt me none.
Made me learn to obey quicker and respect the power of the word 'NO'

What has made parenting harder is the fact that now, you may get in trouble for spanking a kid.
[a person in a store may report you]
Or the kids may call 911 on the parent for disciplining them.
Government has taken away power from the parents and given it to the kids.
Bad mistake IMO....

Some people are such pigs.

Yep...can't argue with that

snarky

edit on 21-5-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Was the change done on the table, or in a bench seat? There is a huge difference. Most moms carry a little changing pad, too, to protect whatever surface. Plus, any place these days should provide a changing station; how cheap are they that they didn't have one? They want patrons, but they don't want proper facilities? Anyone stating they don't have to provide such better not expect them to provide handicapped stalls, either. Fair is fair. Provide for ALL the customers' bathroom needs, or none. Parents should not have to leave the business to change a diaper. Starbucks, at least that one, is CHEAP.

That said, if she did it on the table, that is a bit too much.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Is everyone ok with dogs taking a dump anywhere and everywhere? They just have to go...
edit on 21-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

no more than people
changing their childs
diaper on a dinner table

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by esdad71

no more than people
changing their childs
diaper on a dinner table

Tell that to the business owner who has his/her business closed in minutes.

Do it at home...not in my place of business and income.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Was the change done on the table, or in a bench seat? There is a huge difference. Most moms carry a little changing pad, too, to protect whatever surface. Plus, any place these days should provide a changing station; how cheap are they that they didn't have one? They want patrons, but they don't want proper facilities? Anyone stating they don't have to provide such better not expect them to provide handicapped stalls, either. Fair is fair. Provide for ALL the customers' bathroom needs, or none. Parents should not have to leave the business to change a diaper. Starbucks, at least that one, is CHEAP.

Yeah, go to wal mart if you want to have all of your needs met away from home. As a small business owner, I don't need to have people demanding anything other than quality service and products.

I WILL NOT provide anyone with anything other than that because quite simply, we can't afford it. And this is another example of how big corp. is destroying the little guy.

Lobby for more and more regulations and guidelines in the attempt to drive the little guy out of the market because of costs.

Only 20 yrs ago, did you need baby changing stations in restaurants? No. And if you needed to change that diaper could it be done in the washroom instead of at a table so as to profess your so-called rights?

C'mon people!

Why the hell is this even an issue? So much going on in the US regarding personal rights and everyone is arguing about a diaper changing in a restaurant?

You have just been conned and misdirected again.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Is everyone ok with dogs taking a dump anywhere and everywhere? They just have to go...

My prisoners only take dumps in predefined nonpublic locations. Is everyone okay with that?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Yeah, go to wal mart if you want to have all of your needs met away from home. As a small business owner, I don't need to have people demanding anything other than quality service and products.

I WILL NOT provide anyone with anything other than that because quite simply, we can't afford it. And this is another example of how big corp. is destroying the little guy.

Lobby for more and more regulations and guidelines in the attempt to drive the little guy out of the market because of costs.

Only 20 yrs ago, did you need baby changing stations in restaurants? No. And if you needed to change that diaper could it be done in the washroom instead of at a table so as to profess your so-called rights?

C'mon people!

Why the hell is this even an issue? So much going on in the US regarding personal rights and everyone is arguing about a diaper changing in a restaurant?

You have just been conned and misdirected again.

Peace

"Go to Walmart"? Really???

I have seen diaper stations in tons of places, large and small. The things cost under $200 (just looked them up), so it isn't like a large expense, even for a small business owner. Most restrooms in stores and restaurants don't have a counter or table, or any surface, in the restroom, where a person could change a baby. My oldest was a baby 29 years ago, so I know what it was like before these changing stations were available, and in most places, we had to leave to change a diaper. It was a huge pain in the neck. Honestly, if a place didn't have a nice counter to change a baby, in the restroom, I stopped doing business with that place, till the baby was out of diapers. So did a lot of moms with babies. An inexpensive changing station in each restroom is a simple courtesy, and no more demanding than toilet paper and soap in a restroom. Unless, that is, the business owner is anti-child or something.....

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The lady was a cynical self-absorbed loon as evidenced by her changing at a dinning table (tables made for glasses not asses) likely out of spite because the establishment didn't cater to her. Then followed up by dumping coffee on the floor. *eyes rolling* mother of the year right here.

As a single father it is difficult sometimes but have some respect. My god.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join