It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

The problem is when you're in the wrong they shouldn't act rude.There was no reason to change their baby in the middle of the Starbucks and as you posted previously if that happened to you where someone pointed out your behavior was either rude of for that matter funny and odd your solution punch them. So this tells me there are way to many people out there that cant take responsibility for the way they act. Look if someone makes fun or laughs at you in public and you punch them your stupid look at what happens cops called people go to jail. Really come on in truth im going to say you probably wouldnt have people tend to talk tough on the internet and reality has a way of slapping you in the face at times.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
silly lady, even i know what babys do.
they either cry or poop.

you think its cute, evryone else wants to.. erm the same thing as my neighbours dogs.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Read all of my posts. All of them. If you do that, you will see that I did not condone what they did, but I think that the way it was handled on both ends was childish at best. Now, if someone wants to make more of something than it should be, I am not afraid to one, speak my mind or two, defend myself. Not once did I say I would jump over the counter and start beating ass. Not once. Did I?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
My parent's generation just didn't take baby out to Starbuck's. Oh wait, there weren't any Starbucks then.

There is a price to be paid for certain kinds of freedoms. Either we call the police on people who care not one bit for other people's sanitary needs, or we respect other people by not imposing on them.

Is there a middle choice somewhere?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Why would you bring a baby to Starbucks? Did I actually read that. It is a fast food store. Not a restaurant, and if you think there is no bug parts or fecal matter in your coffee from dirty employees or bugs crawling around at night you are diluted. I am sure the babies ass is cleaner than the towel they use to wipe down the tables.

Again, poor judgment on the parents but if one of those skinny jean wearing 'tough guy' baristas said something to my wife he would have 'accidentally' worn the coffee. What happened to 'customer service' and accomodating the custoemr. There are lots of ways this could have been handled.

I want to know where the video is? A crowded Starbucks and not one smartphone?

BTW, Starbucks did apologize and if wheelchair access is required, so should a changing table. They have kids items on the menu so they are expecting them, in all Starbucks. It is not a small fine dining restaurant.

edit on 18-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Read the whole thing. I said if one of them wanted to be tough I would act in the same manner. Please tell me what is wrong with that? I should clarify the 'something'. you see, if you give someone a job someplaces they think that means that they can say whatever they want. Wrong. If he said some smart ass remark or gave her the finger, as it is described if you read the entire article or find the video, yes, I would not back down. Sorry, again, pussification of a nation.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah, save 1200 bucks a year and make it at home.
With screaming kids or naked even if you like...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah, save 1200 bucks a year and make it at home.
With screaming kids or naked even if you like...

I thought that was in the category of not taking your kids to Starbucks....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
These parents are idiots and I feel ZERO sympathy for them.

They acted like self entitled spoiled brats. They should have gone to the car if it was such an emergency to change their child. I would NEVER EVER change my child in the middle of a store on seat! How stupid can one be?! People survived long before stores put changing tables in their stores, these people clearly wanted to complain about something.

It only makes them look like stupid incompetent parents.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
On this rare occasion I'm with the employee. He was disgusted. So am I. Empathy.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
1) To start, why is anyone assuming these people had a car? Maybe they did, but I don't remember reading it.

2) For those who recommend the floor- to me, that is more disgusting than anything else.

3) About the health code violations. I bet almost everyone in here who is disgusted by this scratches their butt without washing their hands ("oh, but I did it through my pants and underwear so there is no way my finger would smell...")

4) To the poster who said it would be embarrassing to the baby, lmao, because shame is a learned behaviour.

I'm not saying that what the parents did was right. But I am saying that people are disgustingin general, and the person who sat at the table before you likely got feces on their hands just by using the bathroom and touching money.
A poopy(if it even was one) diaper is not appetizing by a long shot, but it isn't the end of the world.

If I was the waitress, I would have used an alcohol wipe to wipe where the family was after they left, but I probably would have never considered this an issue otherwise.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Frankly, im disgusted with he whole subject, its one of the type of threads that demeans ATS into a national tattler type forum for dweebs.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What is up with most of the posters on this thread????

Why would you bring your baby to such a busy place as a Starbucks......Maybe to get a coffee and relax a little while raising a kid??? Is Starbucks verboten to children?

It seems the majority of people here whining about what the mom did, obviously have never raised a child. It's not a great thing to do (changing a baby in a booth) but you gotta do what you gotta do for your baby. I don't condone where she did it, but I am not going to crucify her either. The store employees didn't help matters with the smarmy comment.

Americans are very uptight with things like this. Travel to Europe and you will be an eye full. Did the women broadcast her changing of the kid and fling the diaper around?? probably not. They probably did it as discretely as possible and as quickly as possible. I bet everyone here on this thread has been in a restaurant where a parent changed their kid in a booth, did any of you die of cholera or polio??? You just didn't realize it.

A supposedly progressive company like Starbucks doesn't have a changing station??? Well at least the coffee beans are "fair trade beans" to make all the pseudo hipsters there feel like they are helping the world while leaching wifi and electricity from the store, trying to look important. Hey look, I have a laptop and I HAVE to use it while eating and drinking at Starbucks.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This situation coulda, woulda, shoulda been handled differently by all parties involved. Sorry those parents didn't reconsider their options for respect of the other patrons. Oh, that's right they have no respect for others, The karma is their kid will provide them the parent's curse, "wait till you grow up and have kids worse than yourself someday".

I was at an establishment who did provide a changing station for its patrons. As I was washing my hands at the sink, a mother plopped her kid on the counter without a changing pad under it. I suggested I could open the station for her since her hands were full. She declined, stating "those things are nasty". Flabbergasted, and struck the kneejerk reaction I had was "and what you are doing, isn't?" I left muttering to myself.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Read all of my posts. All of them. If you do that, you will see that I did not condone what they did, but I think that the way it was handled on both ends was childish at best. Now, if someone wants to make more of something than it should be, I am not afraid to one, speak my mind or two, defend myself. Not once did I say I would jump over the counter and start beating ass. Not once. Did I?

. I do agree the employee over reacted as well and should never throw a rag at a guest I do understand your point and if they talked to the manager that the employee would have got in trouble no doubt. But when they acted immature by spilling coffee I cant even give them the benefit of the doubt anymore because you know this couple is just rude and quite frankly leads me to believe there was other things that may have shall we say caused this

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This isn't really about babies, being rude or unsanitary.
It's about people always willing to escalate tension which this woman did.
Because she had to get loud and obnoxious the police were called which if it hadn't happened we wouldn't be reading about it right now.

It's also about staff who don't know how to deal with situations like this with any tact or empathy.
I believe 99% of the time we can always defuse a situation if the other person can tell you are being sincere and respectful.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This is why the Human race will fail. We have lost all common decency and consideration for others.

Every new generation will be worse than the last. It doesn't take a God to create an Armageddon, we will simply do it to ourselves, and then a new dawn of Humanity will rise of out the ashes (lol). It has probably happened many times before, maybe the predictions of the Bible were actually based on past events.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
So the couple did not have a vehicle to change their child in?
The restroom, lacking a changing table was to "low brow"?

There was once a day when there was no such thing as changing tables.
The restroom or the car were your options.

The mother and father are wrong, and part of the "entitlement generation".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by snarky412

And that's why if your running about with a baby in tow you should always have a changing pad in your diaper bag. Many a times when the kids were babies and the grandkid was a little younger when there was no changing table in the restroom I just whipped out a foldable changing pad, spread it on the restroom floor and took care of business. On the rare occasions I forgot to pack a changing pad I took them to the car to change them. Nobody wants to see or smell "yucky butt" while they're trying to eat or enjoy a cup of coffee.

I wish some parents were more thoughtful and respectable like you are......
This couple could learn a thing or 2 from you.......

I still say why is it mandatory to install changing tables?
My mother and Grandmother never had changing tables and they managed.

Boy we are turning into a spoiled and pampered society.
Every thing has to be just so.....
Or we'll throw a fit.

------------------

P.S. How is the family doing? Good I hope......

snarky

edit on 18-5-2013 by snarky412 because: oops moment....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
So the couple did not have a vehicle to change their child in?
The restroom, lacking a changing table was to "low brow"?

There was once a day when there was no such thing as changing tables.
The restroom or the car were your options.

The mother and father are wrong, and part of the "entitlement generation".

The "entitlement generation"
Very nicely put.........

We are turning into a pampered, spoiled society.

"I'm going to change the diapers on the seat/table drinking area with customers around because you don't have a changing table.....and you better not say any thing to me or I'll go to the media and tell my story so I can get my 15 minutes of fame."

Get a life people.......quit being so damn selfish and inconsiderate of others.

edit on 18-5-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You got it...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join