It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This all pretty, petty, when you can see baby guts smeared all over the place in, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Africa, and else where.

Big deal they changed the kid in the seat wher eyou put your ass, big dea, so the guy ask for them to make sure they wiped the seat clean, big deal, I'm sure he didn't want to wipe it up or hear of customer complain as to sit in Baby poop.

At least it wasn't baby guts.
edit on 19-5-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by VoidHawk
This thread should be about starbugs not providing facilities.

Not every business should be FORCED into providing facilities for every eventuality. Are you telling me there was absolutely no alternative to changing the baby right there on a freakin table? That's BS.

How did millions of people manage before baby changing units in toilets at restaurants and coffee shops? How the hell did all our parents, and their parents, manage to survive?

Convenience is just that, convenient. It is not the job of a private company to cater to the every desire of every single potential member of the public. Don't like it? Don't go to Starbucks, simple as that.
you again

I agree to a certain extent. But when you consider the profits and tax dodging of said company you'd think they could at least cater for mothers with babies.
I do think the mother was a bit OTT changing the baby on the table though. Had I been her I'd have demanded to use the staff facilities and if they'd refused I'd have loudly explained to the customers the problem.

Don't like it? Don't go to Starbucks, simple as that.
I don't, I wouldn't eat/drink that crap if you paid me, see my avatar, organic only for me.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

You made my point for me...you truly are as ignorant you sound...how then can you say you didn't make threats when you told a poster here just a page before this you would show up to his restaurant without diapers so you could show him. Your nothing but a fake tough guy. Your more than welcome to try that in real life but I can tell you now you won't get far...feel free to PM me for my address you can try that tough guy stuff here if you'd like. more and more the disease of ignorance spreads through jackasses like you. Crawl back to your rock your not wanted here...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

My first post back in month's and its on a thread like this. Oh the irony.

Anywho.

I think many here need to lighten up. Its just a babies nappy, not nuclear waste. If you are that concerned about having poop anywhere near you I suggest you dont read up on how coffee beans are grown.

ALS
edit on 19-5-2013 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

sounds like a family of 'disadvantaged' be they Muslims or racial minorities living in the USA

the 'parents' or caregivers need arrested and charged with a 'haz-mat' endangerment of the populace=== AKA; terrorism !

we-- the general public do not need to be subjected to the willful degradation of our environment because of the ease-&-comfort of individuals who determoned their ease-&-comfort overrides the general well-being of the many in the public realm...

those haughty slobs/snobs should be made to wipe horses asses for 100 hours of community service in a town-city which has live horse carriages as a service in their downtown areas

(then bring the droppings to the WH)

--------------- as for the event being no-big-deal

thats why there are health inspectors going to businesses... to make sure stuff like infant doo-doo is not floting in the air of a food-beverage serving establishment...

let the dirty diaper sit there another hour,,,,, because the crap was likely there for more than 15 minutes befoire they did that outrageous act...to the assault of the other innocent patrons.... friggin 'entitled' people/barstards
edit on 19-5-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

My first post back in month's and its on a thread like this. Oh the irony.

Anywho.

I think many here need to lighten up. Its just a babies nappy, not nuclear waste. If you are that concerned about having poop anywhere near you I suggest you dont read up on how coffee beans are grown.

ALS
edit on 19-5-2013 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

That is funny, you picked a crappy thread to respond to first.........

You are such a good sport.......

I don't do coffee but I have been aggravated by some parents that think people should bend to their ways because of their kids[ babies].

And I'm sorry, but if I'm in a cafe/restaurant and some Mom pulls that kind of stunt while I'm trying to eat, it will be more than just an employee saying some thing to her.
I don't particularly want to smell poop while I'm eating.
Much less watch somebody clean poop off a butt.....

People just don't use their heads any more......common sense.
Much less respect those around them.

Go to the bathroom, table or not......there is a counter and that's what B.R. are for
Poop should stay in the "Poop" room.......

Welcome back.........

edit on 19-5-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

We have a nearly 1-year old baby, and not once have we changed a diaper at a dining table, public or private. Not because it is socially unacceptable, but for the same reason I wouldn't take a dump on a dining room table myself - its unsanitary, and unnecessary.

Now, I could be wrong. Possibly it was 15 degrees outside, their car broke down, and the Starbucks wathe only place around, but I highly doubt it. This was a case of someone being lazy and putting the cost of their laziness on others (e-coli, etc.). Maybe she's just stupid or ignorant, but she's definitely, without a doubt, in the wrong, 100%.

Add in the dumping the coffee amd telling them to clean it up, and we find we're talking about a sociopath who believes everyone exists to serve her. You don't assume someone else is goingo clean up your biological waste for you. I hope someone explains to her how to be a decent human being. Scary tahat such people become parents.

ETA: it seems the backlash over breast-feeding being looked down upon (which, IMO, IS wrong, especially once you realize how often babies need to feed early on) has given some people this idea that if its baby-related in any way, nobody should DARE question it, and its starting tgo way too far. Buck up people, being a parent can be really inconvenient compared to not being a parent. Suck it up and quit being such whiny sissies.
edit on 5/19/2013 by dogstar23 because: more stuff

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
It's a dilemma many parents face. Your baby needs a diaper change, but there's no changing table in the restroom.

One mom decided to change her child's diaper out in the open at a Denver Starbucks and what happened next ended with a call to police.

"As a mother, you have to do what you have to do. Wherever you have to do it," Burgos said.

Burgos noticed there was no changing table at the Denver Starbucks on the 7900 block of East 49th Avenue so she changed her son's diaper in the seating area.

"I just kind of wiped him off, cleaned him off as quickly as I could," Burgos said.

www.9news.com...

An employee then told her to make sure she cleans the mess up and tossed her a rag.
Naturally, the parents got offended and went back at the employee purposely spilling coffee on the floor and telling the employee to clean THAT mess up.....
Of course, after that, things got heated and carried away until the cops were called. [no arrests]

Okay, I understand not having a changing table, however......
NOT on an eating table!! Come on.....
Not very sanitary at all.

I have never seen a easy, clean wipe of a butt when changing a diaper.
And the smell.....HA! I know many who would have gagged!!

I have seen many Mom's change right out of their vehicles or on the counter in the bathroom but never on a dining table.

That would not sit right with me either I'm afraid.
Go ahead and flame me for that, but damn, it's the truth.
Some things should be kept out of the dining area.

Needless to say, Starbucks apologized to the couple......

edit on 17-5-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

It states that she changed him in the seating area, NOT on the table in the seating area... My guess is that she changed him on the booth seats...

I doubt anyone would change a baby on the table.

Jaden

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Add in the dumping the coffee amd telling them to clean it up, and we find we're talking about a sociopath who believes everyone exists to serve her. You don't assume someone else is goingo clean up your biological waste for you. I hope someone explains to her how to be a decent human being. Scaryhat su h people become parents.

What gets me, is people like that don't see themselves as doing any thing wrong or rather disrespectful.
[I'll say disrespectful since some here don't see the problem, which is cool]
And God forbid if any one says something to them.

But in my experience, and I've been dealing with the public for 27 yrs. or so, it seems like it's getting more and more frequent.
This self-serving attitude of superiority.

I can remember back in the day, when I was younger, very seldom did I run into a person the was an azzhole.
Yes, there were some, but not that common.

Boy can't say that now a days!!
Now there are tons and tons of rude people with quick tempers. And I love it when a person comes up laughing and smiling.

Manners are being lost and traded in for electronic gadgets where people don't have to verbally communicate any more with one another.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Great observation, and i'd say that's certainly part of it to. I guess they've all got their reasons for feeling superior to everyone. Seems the facebooks and twitter followings have everyone thinking they are some kind of admired/worshipped superstar. (not everyone, but many of the least deserving of adoration for certain.)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

It states that she changed him in the seating area, NOT on the table in the seating area... My guess is that she changed him on the booth seats... I doubt anyone would change a baby on the table.

Yes, we already covered this.

It stated 'seating area' hence where people dine.

Seat/Table it doesn't' matter, she should have known better and if not, she should have taken into consideration the people in there trying to enjoy themselves without having to see and smell the crap, because baby poop does smell!!

I know 2 people that gag when changing diapers....it ain't pretty!!

It's a matter of manners and respect, which this lady nor her husband have.

They got their faces splashed on the news 'cause they had to be cry babies instead of blowing off the whole situation and forgetting about it.

I wouldn't have apologized....
In fact, the couple should be the ones to apologize for being a pain in the azz and disrupting others in the cafe with their selfish attitude. And then parading around on TV, doing the old 'woe is me' routine, like it's their right to do as they please in any establishment they walk into.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Breast-feeding is entirely different. If people don't want to see it, they can look away. It's sanitary, it doesn't smell and doesn't impose on other people.
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Please remember those exact words when you see me taking a leak in a Starbucks parking lot,
right around 9:00 A.M.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You can buy a vinyl backed changing
blanket at the dollar-store for crying out loud !
What is their problem ? . . .
I guess by throwing away his coffee he can't afford
a dollar for a changing blanket ?,
report them to children's aid.
I would rather change a child on the grassy lawn out side,
or the car using a changing blanket.

I don't particularly want to smell poop while I'm eating.

Exactly, paying customers don't pay to smell
an aroma of poop.

the couple should be the ones to apologize for being
a pain in the azz and disrupting others in the cafe with
their selfish attitude.

absolutely
that family is so self absorbed, not considerate of others
forcing them to smell the poop while eating.
Health inspectors would have pulled their establishment
license if they seen that., If I was a customer in the next
booth I would have definitely said something too!
I know if someone is caught smoking in a non-smoking
hotel they pay a hefty fee for 'airing' and cleaning.
These people needed to be changed for the
disinfecting fees.

Just the other day I was at Mc'ds getting a coffee when
a woman in front plots her old worn boots on the counter to
show the cashier. Everyone dropped their chins like wtf, but
she just went about clueless.
Until they themselves get food poisoning, e-coli poisoning,
salmonella etc. . .
guess some people only learn the hard way.

edit on 19/5/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It seems to me that this could have been easily avoided. Had the employee actually been offended, or thought something wrong was happening, they should have taken other action, and should not have attempted to insult the woman. They should have called the cops initially or something, although it would not have done any good. This woman did not break any laws.

And although it is up to the company whether they want to allow someone to do something on their premises, people in corporate chains like this have instructions on how to handle certain situations. This is because the main management, or corporate managers, do not want some stupid employee making their business look bad. Because some incident that happens in some small town will reflect across the company itself, all the way up to the corporate level. I don't know if this was a franchise store or whatever, so I could be wrong. But that seems logical to me.

It is unsanitary to do this, but honestly, what should happen to the woman? All they can do is tell her not to come back, that is all. And since this woman was not intentionally attempting to cause problems, they are just hurting their business by taking any action at all. It would have worked out better had they all just shut up, and made sure the area was clean when the woman left. I highly doubt she dirtied the area up at all. Even if there was a mess, it would have been in the diaper most likely. I may have missed it, but I did not read that she put him on the table itself. Maybe she could have put him on a seat or something, I don't know. IF there was one available. And maybe they should put changing stations in their bathrooms if they wish to avoid this type of thing in the future. That way they can tell the person to take it to the bathroom.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Are we really so insensitive as a society to look down on a woman caring for her child? You people make me sad.

Are we really so desensitised as a society that we have forgotten common courtesy for and consideration of our fellow human beings? The mother was clearly in the wrong. Hopefully she has learned from her mistake.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The police should give that lady a ticket for thinking it's fine to change a diaper on a table people place food and drinks on. If a store doesn't have a changing table, go out to your vehicle and change the dirty diaper.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

From what I gather this was NOT exactly
a small newborn baby either, but a toddler.
. . . bigger poop, more smell, more obvious.

Betcha the parents will now sue for being 'offended'

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It's called take your baby to the car or wait ..

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hello, I finally joined. I've been visiting ATS for years...still trying to get used to the black background. So I'm new to you all, but a lot of you are not new to me.Anyway, I think this reflects the "self" orientated mentality of our materialistic culture. There's just not much class left in society, or manners. MY KID, MY WORLD, MINE,MINE,ME,ME and how DARE you question anything I do.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Let's look at it this way,What if she crapped herself? Would she have handled it the same way? Would she have stood up and pulled down her pants and started wiping herself right there and then spilled coffee on the floor when an employee said something?What would your comments be then to those of you sticking up for her?She's responsible for both butts,does it matter which one crapped? I'm willing to bet if she had crapped herSELF, she would have handled it in a different way.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join