It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Pro-Choice Hypocrisy

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Originally posted by seabag
The pro-choice argument (that life doesn't begin until birth)

You have been told many times that this is NOT "the pro-choice argument" yet you repeat it over and over as if it's true. Abortion takes the life if the fetus. There is NO doubt about that. You are wrong. You are arguing with something that no one in their right mind can claim.

And yet, you argue on.

Here's my argument: Whether it's a life or not, you have NO business mucking around in my uterus! GET OUT!

The right SUPPOSEDLY believes in SMALL government. Small enough to fit in between two people who love each other and small enough to fit into my uterus. :shk: If you believe in small government, GET OUT of people's personal lives!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hope the new North Dakota 6 week law makes it to the SCOTUS. If abortion can't be overturned I hope to at least see the ND law become the standard.

Talk about a hypocritical position! If it's "life", then why is it OK to kill it at 6 weeks old? What's the difference to you, whether it's 6 or 26 weeks?

I don't know why I looked at this thread again. A glutton for punishment, I suppose. D'oh!

edit on 5/19/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You have been told many times that this is NOT "the pro-choice argument" yet you repeat it over and over as if it's true. Abortion takes the life if the fetus. There is NO doubt about that. You are wrong. You are arguing with something that no one in their right mind can claim.

And yet, you argue on.

Ummm….I LIKE to argue!

And you’re only telling a half-truth. Abortion takes a life, we agree, but the pro-choice argument is that it isn’t a VIABLE LIFE. Do you make that distinction??

Here's my argument: Whether it's a life or not, you have NO business mucking around in my uterus! GET OUT!

What the guy did was wrong and nobody has a right to make decisions about a woman’s body. A woman also shouldn’t have a right to take the life of another human being without consequences.

The right SUPPOSEDLY believes in SMALL government. Small enough to fit in between two people who love each other and small enough to fit into my uterus. If you believe in small government, GET OUT of people's personal lives!

Stop crying. This is a debate on ATS. TRUST ME when I say I have absolutely no desire to get anywhere near your uterus.

Besides, smaller government is great but that doesn’t mean murder should go unpunished.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Talk about a hypocritical position! If it's "life", then why is it OK to kill it at 6 weeks old? What's the difference to you, whether it's 6 or 26 weeks?

Oh, it’s not ok at 6 days much less 6 weeks. But if we have to have legalized infanticide then I’d rather a 6 week limit than the disgusting practice we have today. How many more of these sick murderous abortion ‘doctors’ (I use that term loosely) do we have to hear about before some of you realize this is a barbaric practice and anyone who partakes is morally bankrupt??

I don't know why I looked at this thread again. A glutton for punishment, I suppose. D'oh!

Glad you’re back! I enjoy doling out punishment!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A woman also shouldn’t have a right to take the life of another human being without consequences.

A six day, six week, or 20 week old fetus is NOT a person, yet.

Oh, it’s not ok at 6 days much less 6 weeks. But if we have to have legalized infanticide

They are NOT infants, yet.

then I’d rather a 6 week limit than the disgusting practice we have today. How many more of these sick murderous abortion ‘doctors’ (I use that term loosely)

Abortion is NOT murder.

do we have to hear about before some of you realize this is a barbaric practice and anyone who partakes is morally bankrupt??

Abortion is NOT immoral.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ummm….I LIKE to argue!

Can't blame you... So do I.

Abortion takes a life, we agree, but the pro-choice argument is that it isn’t a VIABLE LIFE. Do you make that distinction??

I am pro-choice. That means I don't presume to have a say as to what another woman does with her body. It's HER choice, not mine, not yours and not the government's.

Now, if I got pregnant, I would not have an abortion at ANY time, unless it threatened my life, even if it was a result of rape. I am anti-abortion, pro-choice. I don't stick my nose into other people's wombs.

If they are killing a "baby" or committing a sin, that's between them and their god.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Oh, it’s not ok at 6 days much less 6 weeks.

Why is it "much less" OK at 6 weeks than 6 days? If life begins at conception, then it doesn't matter if it's one day or 25 weeks after conception. You're still being hypocritical.

But if we have to have legalized infanticide

Infanticide is killing a child AFTER its born.

Glad you’re back! I enjoy doling out punishment!

You couldn't punish me if you wanted to.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I disagree.

IMHO, I see abortion as murder, the taking of a life.

However, the laws have decided that the taking of that life is permissible by, and only by, the person who's in possession of the uterus involved... due to the life changing impacts that can and do happen to that person and the uterus they possess brought on by the unplanned impregnation.

That'll be the day when someone can take away my right to decide what I can and can't do with my own damn uterus and what's going on inside of it.

From my cold dead hands.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I am pro-choice. That means I don't presume to have a say as to what another woman does with her body.

But she’s not taking her own life; she’s taking the life of another human.

Premeditated murder…it can be considered nothing else, really.

I'm glad to hear you personally would never have an abortion. On most things I tend to lean libertarian (to each his own and all of that good stuff) so I totally see where you're coming from. But I must draw the line when it infringes on the life of another human...a child no less.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

That'll be the day when someone can take away my right to decide what I can and can't do with my own damn uterus and what's going on inside of it.

From my cold dead hands.

I just got a visual on that!

Do you ever wish you could go back in time and un-read something?

Joking aside, a woman will always have the choice not to get pregnant. Abstinence works 100% of the time.

I love the double standard that this story presents. This lady wanted to have a child and the boyfriend didn’t. Because our laws only give CHOICE to a woman, this man likely would have spent the next 18 years paying child support (as he should). The MAN has to pay for his actions but the woman has another way out of her irresponsible actions (abortion). It doesn’t seem fair that the LAW forces the man to pay for something he didn’t want but the woman gets a free pass from responsibility.

And what do people always tell the man??? “You did it…now you’ve gotta pay!!”

Double standard!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

From my cold dead hands.

Joking aside, a woman will always have the choice not to get pregnant. Abstinence works 100% of the time.

I love the double standard that this story presents. This lady wanted to have a child and the boyfriend didn’t. Because our laws only give CHOICE to a woman, this man likely would have spent the next 18 years paying child support (as he should). The MAN has to pay for his actions but the woman has another way out of her irresponsible actions (abortion). It doesn’t seem fair that the LAW forces the man to pay for something he didn’t want but the woman gets a free pass from responsibility.

Double standard!

You apparently have no concept of the lifelong massive responsibility and burden that lies heavily on a person's shoulder when they make the decision to take a life that's growing inside of their body.

There's a reason why so many women would not choose abortion for themselves... Because they understand all too well the deep-seeded trauma they would endure all the way to their grave from doing so.

But of course you have no concept of this because it's not something you'll ever have to face on a literal direct personal note.

So I try to take that into consideration while you're standing up there on your soapbox.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

IMHO, I see abortion as murder, the taking of a life.

Fair enough. However, I take a more pragmatic approach.

Making the uterus unfriendly, so that a fertilized egg doesn't implant, as hormonal contraception, the IUD and the Morning after Pill do, or the "Abortion Pill" itself, that the man in question used to force a chemical abortion on his girl friend, that pill, in my opinion, these methods are not murder.

If life begins at conception, which it doesn't, then all these methods of contraception are also murder and therefore, immoral. But I don't believe that they are.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

From my cold dead hands.

Double standard!

You apparently have no concept of the lifelong massive responsibility and burden that lies heavily on a person's shoulder when they make the decision to take a life that's growing inside of their body.

There's a reason why so many women would not choose abortion for themselves... Because they understand all too well the deep-seeded trauma they would endure all the way to their grave from doing so.

But of course you have no concept of this because it's not something you'll ever have to face on a literal direct personal note.

So I try to take that into consideration while you're standing up there on your soapbox.

What do you mean? He didn't say that abortion was not traumatic, he said that there were obvious double standards within the law and he would be correct.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by seabag

A woman also shouldn’t have a right to take the life of another human being without consequences.

A six day, six week, or 20 week old fetus is NOT a person, yet.

Oh, it’s not ok at 6 days much less 6 weeks. But if we have to have legalized infanticide

They are NOT infants, yet.

then I’d rather a 6 week limit than the disgusting practice we have today. How many more of these sick murderous abortion ‘doctors’ (I use that term loosely)

Abortion is NOT murder.

do we have to hear about before some of you realize this is a barbaric practice and anyone who partakes is morally bankrupt??

Abortion is NOT immoral.

That is a 18 week old Baby,,,,,can you honestly look at that and say it is just a piece of fleshy material stuck to the inside of a womans uterus? That it's okay to cut it into pieces (alive) or slowly dissolve it (alive) or pull it partway out and cut its head off????

A baby at this age sucks it's thumb, moves all of its limbs, has a heartbeat, has a working, electrically active brain and can feel pain! How can anyone with any kind of morals say that KILLING this baby in a horrific nature is okay and not murder?

I guess you will all say whatever you need to make you feel better. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

That picture is photoshopped beyond reality to ellicit an emotional response, as is typical of the pro-life movement.

I've seen 20 week old fetus' up close and personal, and trust me, they don't look that pretty.

But, like it or not, in most states, 20 weeks is the cut off point, but in your perfect world, abortion at any point, 1 hour or 1 month, would be illegal. And so would most contraception.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hey... Now there's an excellent idea !!

From now on, no women across the entire planet is to ever, ever participate in sexual intercourse unless she and her fellow participant are purposefully doing so in an attempt to procreate.

Damn, what a fantastic solution to this problem !!

... of course this only has to apply to every female who's of the birthing ages from around 12 years old through to about 50 years old.
edit on 19-5-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by westcoast

That picture is photoshopped beyond reality to ellicit an emotional response, as is typical of the pro-life movement.

I've seen 20 week old fetus' up close and personal, and trust me, they don't look that pretty.

But, like it or not, in most states, 20 weeks is the cut off point, but in your perfect world, abortion at any point, 1 hour or 1 month, would be illegal. And so would most contraception.

Are you serious?

second line

ETA: I guess the picture I posted was in violation because it showed a dead baby?

Sorry if found offensive to anyone. But that was the point.

I will leave this conversation now, because these types never go anywhere except downhill and I am apparently getting caught up in the slide. Back to my positive posts......

edit on 19-5-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You’re right! I’ve never had an abortion. I do have my own demons to deal with that aren’t too far removed from the scenario you describe. I always question whether or not I will be punished (in the afterlife) for my actions on this earth. I often think about people who have passed as a result of my actions….people I never met….people who had families….maybe children. I know where you’re coming from and I can certainly empathize with the life-long trauma you speak of.

I believe one day we will all pay for our sins. I just hope my actions were justified in some way. But for women who have an abortion, with the exception of preserving the life of the mother, there is no good justification for aborting the life of an innocent child IMO.

I’m not the ultimate judge in either scenario…I’m just a guy with an opinion.

Thank you!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join