It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Pro-Choice Hypocrisy

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Hey... Now there's an excellent idea !!

From now on, no women across the entire planet is to ever, ever participate in sexual intercourse unless she and her fellow participant are purposefully doing so in an attempt to procreate.

RICK SANORUM??

IS THAT YOU??

Hey, I’m married (and have children) so you’re not hurting my feelings.

Abstinence until you’re responsible!!

edit on 19-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Yep, demonize sex.

That's what it all boils down to, stopping fornication.

The court decided that single people have the right to contraceptives. What’s that got to do with marriage? Everything, because what the Supreme Court essentially said is single people have the right to engage in sexual intercourse.

It’s not the contraception, everybody thinks it’s about contraception, but what this court case said was young people have the right to engage in sex outside of marriage. Society never gave young people that right, functioning societies don’t do that, they stop it, they punish it, they corral people, they shame people, they do whatever.

Family Research Council fellow Pat Fagan

They're Coming For Your Birth Control

reply to post by westcoast

Nope, just pragmatic and not easily emotionally manipulated with photoshopped pictures.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m not the ultimate judge in either scenario…I’m just a guy with an opinion.

Thank you for finally admitting that this entire abortion debate garbage is one of just opinion... much like religion and politics... they consist of individual opinions and nothing more.

This is the reason why these types of debates will never end.

There is no solution that can make both sides happy.

.... except for your solution of complete and total abstinence from sexual intercourse altogether for any woman who's of the birthing age ranges. I have to admit that is definitely one hell of an idea that can't possibly have any pitfalls to it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here's an Idea STOP HAVING BABIES. If you do not wan't or are not able to spend the next 18 years of your life to have a baby, than you should take precautions to make sure it doesn't happen. Plus there are enough kids in this world that already don't have parents. Have a heart and take care of one of them.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Here's an Idea STOP HAVING BABIES.

Tell that to a fertile uterus and testicles fully loaded with sperm.

If you do not want or are not able to spend the next 18 years of your life to have a baby, than you should take precautions to make sure it doesn't happen.

There's only ONE precaution that is an absolute guarantee of no accidents happening... abstinence.

Are you prepared to only participate in sexual intercourse 2 or 3 times in your entire adult life for the sole purpose of creating a baby and at no other time... EVER ?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Abstinence until you’re responsible!!

Might as well just throw them all in a convent at the age of 12.

Strong and free.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have an idea...

We could build a thousand foot wall around the entire equator of the planet. The women take the northern hemisphere and the men take the southern hemisphere.

And the only time we're allowed to interact with one another is when it's time to make a baby.

edit on 19-5-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

If you do not want or are not able to spend the next 18 years of your life to have a baby, than you should take precautions to make sure it doesn't happen.

There's only ONE precaution that is an absolute guarantee of no accidents happening... abstinence.

Are you prepared to only participate in sexual intercourse 2 or 3 times in your entire adult life for the sole purpose of creating a baby and at no other time... EVER ?

I'm Gay
And there are contraceptives that work. If I ever wanted a child I would adopt and help out a needing child who needs a loving home.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm Gay.

Great ! An even better solution for any men who don't want to accidentally have babies.

And there are contraceptives that work.

Yes, they work 90+% of the time. But what about the other 10% of the time ?

If a man and woman engage in consensual sex 5 times a week totaling 20 times a month, and out of that month there is roughly one week during which the woman has a possibility of getting pregnant....

The math says there's most likely going to be a boo-boo happen at some point down the road.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have an idea...

We could build a thousand foot wall around the entire equator of the planet. The women take the northern hemisphere and the men take the southern hemisphere.

And the only time we're allowed to interact with one another is when it's time to make a baby.

Or, how about this: Forced vasectomies for all boys before the age of puberty. Then when he wants to have children, he has to apply for a reversal. In between each planned child, he has to have the vasectomy again (to prevent him from cheating on his wife and having an unwanted "love" child.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I have an idea...

Or, how about this: Forced vasectomies for all boys before the age of puberty. Then when he wants to have children, he has to apply for a reversal. In between each planned child, he has to have the vasectomy again (to prevent him from cheating on his wife and having an unwanted "love" child.

Now we're getting somewhere !

Hell, vasectomies are an easy in-office operation (unlike the serious surgical procedure a woman has to go through in the operating room to get her tubes tied)... these guys could have one done and/or reversed easily many many times in their life !

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I have an idea...

I'm sure this was meant to sound extreme for humour value but I have to say... This is less severe than circumcision, in my honest opinion. Shouldn't be too hard to push.
edit on 19-5-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I don't know about you
but I'm willing to exercise abstinence if the alternative is killing my unborn baby
Your attempt at humor doesn't really help your argument
anyone who chooses sex over the life of their unborn is definitely wrong in the head
choosing transient pleasure over the life of your own blood is
IMHO sub human

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thank you for finally admitting that this entire abortion debate garbage is one of just opinion... much like religion and politics... they consist of individual opinions and nothing more.

Not really
OP's main point about hypocrisy and double standard is still holding on strong
I haven't seen any argument that invalidates OP's main point yet

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No, but how about holding off until one is fully capable of, and in the position to, handle the consequences of the same?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by quietlearner

Not really
OP's main point about hypocrisy and double standard is still holding on strong
I haven't seen any argument that invalidates OP's main point yet

The hypocrisy lies within the bill that allows this man to prosecuted for murder. This "bill" isn't about protecting women. It's whole purpose was for the pro-life community to throw hypocrisy into the face of pro-choice opponents, who never supported the bill in the first place.

The OP fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Last night, only three months after it was introduced, the "Unborn Victims of Violence Act" passed the House of Representatives. During the floor debate, many Representatives spoke of the protection of women as the core value in this bill; they spoke of the protection of the fetus and mother. Many claimed criminals should be placed in jail for abusing a woman and her fetus. How ironic then, that only two of the cosponsors are also cosponsors of the "Violence Against Women Act of 1999"

Warm, inclusive rhetoric does not change the character of political gamesmanship. Let us not be fooled into believing that the "Unborn Victim of Violence" Act is a compassionate, pro-woman bill. We oppose this bill because it contradicts our biblical tradition; we oppose it because it is a disingenuous assault on reproductive freedom in America; we oppose it because of the hypocrisy exhibited by so many of its primary proponents. This is wrongheaded legislation achieved in a wrongheaded way.

Nation's Largest Jewish Organization Condemns House Vote on "Unborn Victims of Violence Act" (H.R. 2436)

In fact, she says, the bill is part of a “campaign to change the rhetoric” and establish the fetus as a person. “When they refer to a fertilized egg as a child and somehow keep hammering away at that, even some elected officials are confused, and certainly the public is confused.” The goal, Coombs says, is part of a “very careful, incremental campaign to overturn Roe and make abortion illegal.”

And while the public and members of Congress may be moved by the law’s apparent attempt to grapple with the loss of an unborn child, changing the definition of personhood has legal implications that could help unravel Roe. “Our strategy is to make sure that the senators whose records make it clear that they understand choice understand that a federal statute that establishes a fertilized egg as a person is in absolute conflict with a woman’s right to choose,” Coombs insists.

Smeal of the Feminist Majority Foundation has been involved in the fight for abortion rights since before Roe vs. Wade was decided. Having fought to reinstate the Violence Against Women Act, funding for which has just been gutted, she is angry about the way the Unborn Victims of Violence Act was framed as a protection for women. “The hypocrisy just drives you crazy,” she says.
www.salon.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I chose to stay out of this debate for awhile, but after reading some of the comical answers to discredit the OP's opinion I am putting my neck on the chopping block, and I hope those whom believe in pro choice enjoy chopping off my head as much as they do accepting government control, over human responsibility!

I always considered myself pro choice until the past few years, and this is why! I hated the hypocrisy of religious zealots whom made up their minds that NOT ONLY birth control was wrong, but abortion was wrong as well!! Thus my initial hatred of the so called religious right!

Now since the "Progressive movement" has taken over and tried to paint those AGAINST abortion, and blindly support big government as a rule over the "responsibility" of mature adults to make decisions for ALL life and the life of their families, just because "government knows what's best!", I have moved my belief and opinion more towards the "right to life" movement.

Here is why! As adults are we not capable of being responsible? Are we not capable and intelligent enough to know that the consequences of a few moments of brain induced pleasure is how we produce life? As far as I know, any woman in this country has access to free birth control! For you idiotic men, buy some condoms!!!! Creating a life isn't so simple as saying, "Whoops!"!!!!!

Where does it end folks???? Should we just blindly allow the government to be our parents because we are too damn stupid to realize the results of our actions???? That seems to be the norm today as far as I am concerned! Well I have news for those of you who depend on other people to tell you how to act and how to be responsible adults..................If you need to rely on the government to take over for your lack of being responsible, perhaps instead of our government building private prisons, they should build a whole bunch of mental hospitals!!!!!

Perhaps those adults whom don't know the results of their actions, might really enjoy spending the rest of their lives being treated as the irresponsible children that they have chose to emulate?????

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

No, but how about holding off until one is fully capable of, and in the position to, handle the consequences of the same?

Apparently being responsible is just too hard for some feminists. It's easier to hide behind the abortion law and cry about 'choice' than take responsibly for their actions. But BOY they sure expect men to take responsibility if their 'choice' is life. Then they expect to receive support even though the man had no choice. The double standard is painfully obvious.

The ideology that gave us abortion also gave us welfare, affirmative action, obamacare, etc. This ideology caters to people who lack personal responsibility so I guess nobody should be surprised.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Reproductive "choices" should be between a man and a woman and her doctor. The government has no place in the bedroom or in the doctor's office.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Reproductive "choices" should be between a man and a woman and her doctor. The government has no place in the bedroom or in the doctor's office.

So your opinion is that being irresponsible REGARDLESS of the options available to prevent killing a form of life supersedes humanities ability to be able to do the right thing????

I'll bet you are one of those whom would side with the government whom arrests or fines an owner of a wind farm, because an eagle flew into it?

Besides, many people in this thread have already proven that reproductive rights DO NOT include the man......

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join