It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Pro-Choice Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Prosecutor: Man gave pregnant girlfriend abortion pill

TAMPA, Fla., May 16 (UPI) -- A Florida man facing a murder charge admitted he tricked his pregnant girlfriend into taking an abortion pill so she would lose the fetus, prosecutors say.

John Andrew Welden, 28, of Tampa is charged with murder under a rarely used federal statute, as well as tampering with a prescription, McClatchy-Tribune Regional News reported Thursday.

Assistant U.S. Attorney W. Stephen Muldrow told U.S. Magistrate Anthony Porcelli during a hearing Wednesday the case was "one of the most shocking and premeditated cases I've seen."
source

This is complete hypocrisy!! How can they charge this man with murder when abortion is legal?? The pro-choice crowd always argues that a fetus is not a life. If there is NO LIFE then how can someone be charged with TAKING A LIFE.

Can Florida now begin charging women who have had an abortion with murder? There is no statute of limitations on murder so let the prosecutions begin! I will remain consistent and say BOTH SHOULD BE CONSIDERED MURDER.

Which is it?? Is it a life or not? Should this man be charged with murder?? You can’t have it both ways! What say you?

edit on 17-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
How is this hypocrisy? A man tricked a woman into a chemical abortion...

No offense, but you're really mixing things together here.

+28 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Funny that.

Because nowhere in this story do I see where the pregnant woman was given a "CHOICE".

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So, if an anti-abortionist is labeled Pro Life, shouldnt the other side be Pro Death?
Would make sense.
Anyway, its only legal for a doctor to murder a baby.
There was a case where a teenage girl was charged with a crime because of something she did while she was pregnant and the fetus died, i forgot the details but you can look it up if you want.
However if the same girl had gone to the doctor, he couldve shoved some instruments up her you know what and tore apart the same fetus and throw them in the incinerator.

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

No I’m not!

According to the pro-choice crowd what this guy did is morally wrong and should be considered MURDER but they don’t consider it murder when a woman or a doctor does it. That’s hypocritical!

I do believe this guy should face charges but…..MURDER??? How can he face a murder charge when it’s not illegal to murder babies in US as long as they don't leave the womb?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Funny that.

Because nowhere in this story do I see where the pregnant woman was given a "CHOICE".

There was no choice but how was it murder? The woman is alive!

Why is it not murder when a woman CHOOSES to have an abortion but it is when I man choses for her? Murder is murder!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I agree with you and the other user. The OP is trying to connect people who are pro choice with this terrible case. Being pro choice in my opinion means the couple make the concise decision to terminate a pregnancy. This is a bad case where a man tricked his girlfriend without her consent about the issue.

+3 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Funny that.

The OP still has a point.

If the woman can choose to abort and not be guilty of murder, how can the man be guilty of murder?

He is guilty of something.

If he committed murder, then women who choose to abort are committing murder.

If women who choose to abort are not committing murder, then the man is guilty of 'tricking' her into aborting a 'nonviable tissue mass', IOW, he helped her get rid of a tumor.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

HAHA I See what you did there!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

No I’m not!

According to the pro-choice crowd what this guy did is morally wrong and should be considered MURDER but they don’t consider it murder when a woman or a doctor does it. That’s hypocritical!

I do believe this guy should face charges but…..MURDER??? How can he face a murder charge when it’s not illegal to murder babies in US as long as they don't leave the womb?

Do you have any evidence the mother of the unborn fetus or the prosecuting attorneys are "pro choice?"

Who exactly is being hypocritical here and what evidence do you have of their involvement in this case? What do YOU think the correct charges should be? Are you for or against abortion?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The fetus is physically connected and a part of her, not him.
Clearly you can see that for yourself?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

I agree with you and the other user. The OP is trying to connect people who are pro choice with this terrible case. Being pro choice in my opinion means the couple make the concise decision to terminate a pregnancy. This is a bad case where a man tricked his girlfriend without her consent about the issue.

How is it "terminating a pregancy" when it's the womans choice and MURDER when it's not her choice??

That logic doesn't fly.

Nice try though!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
reply to post by seabag

The fetus is physically part of her, not him.
Clearly you can see that for yourself?

So then say this for me - It's ok for a woman to murder a baby because it's her choice.

How is it muder if it's not a life?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

By the way, all of you who say ATS is a conservative site….take a look at the stars the first 2 responders received.

You’re welcome!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why is it not murder when a woman CHOOSES to have an abortion but it is when I man choses for her? Murder is murder!

Perhaps you've just touched upon the nuance which divides the two sides to this argument: the reason for choice in the first place is that it's the woman's body and therefore, her choice. Not her boyfriend's choice, and not the government's choice.

Kind of like me putting a tapeworm in your food, and the goverment not letting you remove it. It's in your body, and you dern well should be able to determine what goes in it, and what lives off of it. Nom nom!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yep, I am pro-choice but this is ridiculous. Murder or not, defined by the feelings of the mother.. how stupid is that?
The guy is no saint, but he is certainly no murderer.

By the way, dont try to pin this on pro-choicers. "Unborn victims of violence act" was pushed by pro-life groups.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

In my opinion this is wrong because both people didn't discuss the case. That is where I was coming from earlier with my comment.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The pro-choice crowd always argues that a fetus is not a life.

The fetus IS a life. But so is that ant I stepped on a minute ago. So is the basil I picked this morning.

I don't agree with charging this man with murder, simply for the case you are making. But he should be charged with something just as bad.

reply to post by Berzerked

Originally posted by Berzerked
So, if an anti-abortionist is labeled Pro Life, shouldnt the other side be Pro Death?

"Pro-life" is a politically correct label for someone who is actually anti-choice and believes government should make this personal medical choice for the people. "Pro-life" is the misnomer. Pro-choice is accurate.

edit on 5/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by seabag

By the way, all of you who say ATS is a conservative site….take a look at the stars the first 2 responders received.

You’re welcome!

For the record I am personally against abortion - but I also don't think I have the right to tell a woman what she can do with her body. I'm also against our foreign policy and our foolish servicemen and women who sign up to kill innocent people on the other side of the world while simultaneously claiming all abortions are murders. Seems...what's the word? Hypocritical to me.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

But he should be charged with something just as bad.

Nope, he did not murder anyone. He should be charged with poisoning the woman, and thats it. What he did was wrong, but it does not even come close to being a murderer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join