It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Pro-Choice Hypocrisy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The ideology that gave us abortion also gave us welfare, affirmative action, obamacare, etc. This ideology caters to people who lack personal responsibility so I guess nobody should be surprised.

You seem to think that feminists invented abortion, or that it's a product of American culture. In fact, abortion has been with us for a very, very long. It's not going to go away any time soon.

A Chinese record documents the number of royal concubines who had abortions in China between the years 515 and 500 BCE. According to Chinese folklore, the legendary Emperor Shennong prescribed the use of mercury to induce abortions nearly 5000 years ago

The Stoics believed the fetus to be plantlike in nature, and not an animal until the moment of birth, when it finally breathed air. They therefore found abortion morally acceptable. The Greek playwright Aristophanes noted the abortifacient property of pennyroyal in 421 BC, through a humorous reference in his comedy, Peace.

Aristotle wrote that, "The line between lawful and unlawful abortion will be marked by the fact of having sensation and being alive."
In Aristotle's view, abortion, if performed early, was not the killing of something human,[23][24] and Aristotle would permit abortion if the birth rate was too high, but only at a stage before life and sense had begun in the embryo.[Aristotle considered the embryo to gain a human soul at 40 days if male and 90 days if female; before that, it had vegetable and animal souls.

Regardless of the Oath's interpretation, Hippocrates writes of advising a prostitute who became pregnant to jump up and down, touching her buttocks with her heels at each leap, so as to induce miscarriage.[30] Other writings attributed to him describe instruments fashioned to dilate the cervix and curette inside of the uterus.[31]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by windword

Reproductive "choices" should be between a man and a woman and her doctor. The government has no place in the bedroom or in the doctor's office.

So your opinion is that being irresponsible REGARDLESS of the options available to prevent killing a form of life supersedes humanities ability to be able to do the right thing????

The right thing for whom? Do you decide what the "right thing" is?

I'll bet you are one of those whom would side with the government whom arrests or fines an owner of a wind farm, because an eagle flew into it?

That would depend on whether the wind farm was built in an area under federal protection laws, and the person who owned the farm was in violation. I certainly people who poach animals illegally should be arrested.

Besides, many people in this thread have already proven that reproductive rights DO NOT include the man......

Men are not precluded from ALL choices. In the end, to carry or not to carry, a pregnancy is the wman's responsibility and her choice.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You seem to think that feminists invented abortion, or that it's a product of American culture. In fact, abortion has been with us for a very, very long. It's not going to go away any time soon.

It's likely been happening as long as prostitution (which happens to be illegal). Beheading and human sacrifice used to be the norm, too. That doesn't make it morally right. Legalized abortion really has no place in a civilized society. It should be handled like we handle all crimes.

Who brought abortion into the mainstream and legalized it? That's right!! The ideology that brought us Obamacare and welfare. What I said was accurate.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by seeker1963

Reproductive "choices" should be between a man and a woman and her doctor. The government has no place in the bedroom or in the doctor's office.

That's cool, just leave the taxpayer out if it. Oh wait...WIC, SNAP, section 8, Medicaid...I guess people are not leaving the government out of their reproductive choices after all--or is it they only want the goverent involved in their "choice" when they want Simone else to pay for it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You think the tax payer should decide who has children and when?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You may be surprised to find out that GOD, through Moses, commanded abortions, performed by priests, in the temple, in cases of supposed infidelity.

A Good Biblical Reason for Abortion

You may also appreciate this thread: Making Abortion Obsolete

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Let me take you on a journey of hypocrisy..................

Did you or did you not say this? Keep in mind, you DID say it because I am using the the new technology called the internet that pretty much keeps track of EVERYTHING,,,,,,,,,,EVERYBODY says........

Now your honor............whoops, sorry, was in my lawyer mode, you said this.................

Men are not precluded from ALL choices. In the end, to carry or not to carry, a pregnancy is the wman's responsibility and her choice.

So what is it? Is your first statement a lie?? Because you second statement surely doesn't jive with your initial response to my thoughts????? You SAID that it "should be between a man and woman and her doctor" YES?

Then you said, "to carry or NOT to carry, a pregnancy is the woman's responsibility and her choice!!!!

So which one is it??????

I respect any persons opinions, but when I find them talking BS and catching them contradicting what they previously said, I find it hard to believe that the jury can believe a word that comes out of their mouth!!! Whoops, sorry again, I just can't get rid of that lawyer demon that seems to have taken over my body.......

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

You may be surprised to find out that GOD, through Moses, commanded abortions, performed by priests, in the temple, in cases of supposed infidelity.

A Good Biblical Reason for Abortion

You may also appreciate this thread: Making Abortion Obsolete

I have never come at this from a religious angle....NOT ONCE. But many people keep bringing it up. I'm not going to debate religion in this thread.

You don't have to have religion in your life to have morals (the taking of innocent life is immoral) and you certainly don't need religion to spot hypocrisy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Ideally, a couple decide together whether or not "they" want a child. That's why I said "should".

Now, for example, if a couple are having casual sex for fun and exercise and not in any kind of exclusive relationship, and the women is using some kind of contraception, and it fails, I see no need for his involvement in the decision to abort. She had no intention of getting pregnant and has no responsibility to carry that pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Don't take it so personally. I'm not attacking your religiosity. I was addressing this statement:

Legalized abortion really has no place in a civilized society. It should be handled like we handle all crimes.

Since I cited various civilized societies that condoned abortion,which you apparently reject as civilized, I thought I'd throw one more into the mix.

BTW, legalized abortion isn't a crime.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

She had no intention of getting pregnant and has no responsibility to carry that pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to.

Thanks for summing it up for me! You said it exactly like it is.

She “has no responsibility to carry that pregnancy”.

It’s the complete lack of responsibility that really drives me crazy…just like career welfare suckers who drain our society. It’s time to take responsibility. Are there no parents anymore who teach their kids responsibility?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Wasn't she, hypothetically, being responsible by using contraception. Do you think that if contraception fails, a woman should be forced to give birth?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Don't take it so personally. I'm not attacking your religiosity.

How do you know I practice any religion? I never brought religion into this debate.

BTW, legalized abortion isn't a crime.

I’m well aware of that fact!

It should be illegal IMO, and if it were I’d be here defending it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ideally, a couple decide together whether or not "they" want a child. That's why I said "should".

Now, for example, if a couple are having casual sex for fun and exercise and not in any kind of exclusive relationship, and the women is using some kind of contraception, and it fails, I see no need for his involvement in the decision to abort. She had no intention of getting pregnant and has no responsibility to carry that pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to.

Now THAT I can agree with and I gave you a star! But your example describes "responsible" adults!! They did the right thing and due to some form of failure due to the drugs or protection they used, an "accident" happened! But at LEAST, they were responsible, and in instances like this, I am okay with that CHOICE. However, that seems NOT to be the norm for the majority of the so called "irresponsible" adults that feel their sexual urges are more important than accepting morality in their poor choices......

edit on 19-5-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Wasn't she, hypothetically, being responsible by using contraception. Do you think that if contraception fails, a woman should be forced to give birth?

Yes...of course!

If you make a baby then it's time to take responsibility. Accidents happen but you don't go around killing humans to correct your mistakes. How selfish is that??

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I assume you think abortion is a sin?

I believe one day we will all pay for our sins.

You said that here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If you make a baby then it's time to take responsibility. Accidents happen but you don't go around killing humans to correct your mistakes. How selfish is that??

A fertilized egg isn't a baby! "Making a baby" takes time. Time is only one of the ingredients. However, as time goes on, if things develop naturally, that fertilized egg come closer and closer to "becoming" a person.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

I assume you think abortion is a sin?

I believe one day we will all pay for our sins.

You said that here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Touche!

Yes....it's a sin if you believe in GOD.

But you don't need religion to have morals. If you think we need religion to have morals and distinguish right from wrong then we're in BIG trouble because most people (including myself) are not actively practicing any religion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes...of course!

That's where you and I must disagree Seabag! For those that were responsible and did everything possible to prevent a pregnancy, and for one reason or another the drugs or protection failed, and this "couple" had NO WAY to financially take care of bringing a child into this world, "Would you be willing to adopt this child and take care of it?"???

This is where I part ways with those whom are pro life! It is easy to condemn those whom take no precautions and bring children into this world that have NO chance and end up being on the government dole, but what about those whom KNOW and TAKE every precaution available to them to NOT bring children into this world because they are responsible enough to know they can't AFFORD to take care of a child?????? Are those whom against abortion willing to take care of these children????? Or will people against abortion, get on their high horse and bitch that these people are on food stamps and welfare???????

It isn't black and white bro!!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

You think the tax payer should decide who has children and when?

I'm saying that if you can't handle your own business, you can't complain when those who take care of you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join