It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something watches over planet Earth says former senator Mike Gravel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Our species is older than any Abrahamic religion suggests. If we're older than 6,000 then the religions are wrong and we're far older than 6,000
edit on 18-5-2013 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
So much fail in this thread. That banned member comparing UFOs to ghosts is a total facepalm.

I haven't had the chance to read that post - it was banned, I believe
- but actually, the two (UFO's and ghosts) might be related. I have tried to explain this in my previous post here, hope you will take the time to read it and comment.
edit on 18-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: added link for convenience sake

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I sometimes ask myself.If non believers can proof that extra terrestrials never have visited earth?. There are more stories coming forward that they did , then that they didn't.
edit on 18-5-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
I sometimes ask myself.If non believers can proof that extra terrestrials never have visited earth?. There are more stories coming forward that they did , then that they didn't.

It is a well known fact you can't prove a negative. Nobody can prove that ET never visited earth. But that does not mean that they did.

Also, 'stories' are just that. It all depends on whom you trust. If you know, say, your father to be an honest, down-to-earth, upright man, and he tells you that he has been abducted by aliens, you probably believe him. If I tell you this, that's just another story.

That's the extraordinary thing about the disclosure movement: they dont' trust their governments to be honest, they suspect them to 'hide' something, yet if the same lying bastards would come out and say that aliens exist, than that would be something we should believe. Humbug.
edit on 18-5-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I see the politician went to the Paradigm hearing to see the military personnel. He didn't show much interest in UFOs.

Well that is how the USA really handles it, including politicians; should they decide to be enthusiastic, they are kept in check by the press. Military goes for the first grab because of the technology wall governments have around populations. Politician man knows it's not his department.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobeattles
moar disinfo

More bad grammar.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Keyword "stories".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by old_god

Our species is older than any Abrahamic religion suggests. If we're older than 6,000 then the religions are wrong and we're far older than 6,000

We are about 200,000 years old in our current incarnation (homo sapien sapien).

This is proven by science.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermarket2012

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by old_god

We are about 200,000 years old in our current incarnation (homo sapien sapien).

This is proven by science.

Which does not really mean a lot. Scientists used to believe the Earth was flat, the sun rotated around the Earth and you could make gold from lead. And perhaps they were right, but the current batch tells us differently. If you argue like that, inevitably someone will notice "that we have learned, are now standing on the shoulders of Giants" etc. after which somebody else will smile and say "yes, but the Greeks already knew the world was a sphere, so it seems that the medieval scientists were more like stomping on the toes of Giants" and on and on.

You are relying on authority and if that is what it takes you have your proof.

Mind you: I rely on authority too, especially if I can use what is claimed and proven to improve the quality of my life and/or that of others. But the old adagio still applies: extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence.
Oh, and our species may well be MUCH older than 200.000 years, it may even be millions of years.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

You're answering short . Probably you don't believe this? I could be wrong but if you do why? . I'm merely interested and respect every bodies believe in this.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

Understandable that stories are just stories. But stories told by some novelist or stories told by high ranked officer's and politician's are different ball games. But viewing from a scientifically point of view , if the universe is proximaly thirteen billion years old, is not arrogant to think that no intelligent lifeforms have ever discovered space travel between the stars. Or lets say this in some other way did we ever find a sand grain from the coast of the US in the mountains of Tibet?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Understandable that stories are just stories. But stories told by some novelist or stories told by high ranked officer's and politician's are different ball games

Well, remember Nixon, Clinton.. high ranked or not, there needs to be evidence. Just saying so is not sufficient. In some cases, there IS evidence, and these cases are of great interest. But in most there is just a guy with stripes on his sleeve that tells an interesting story - it might as well have been a novelist.

But viewing from a scientifically point of view , if the universe is proximaly thirteen billion years old, is not arrogant to think that no intelligent lifeforms have ever discovered space travel between the stars. Or lets say this in some other way did we ever find a sand grain from the coast of the US in the mountains of Tibet?

We have no proof whatsoever that intelligent lifeforms have discovered space travel between the stars. We have a lot of stories from people that tell they saw greys, venusians, reptilians, insectoids and tall white, to name a few. I own a copy of the Field Guide to Extraterrestrials and it contains descriptions of over 40 different types of 'aliens'. I think it is safe to say that something is going on, but I find it a bit hard to swallow that 40+ species are visiting us. Maybe they are, but I am a fan of Occams razor, hence I believe that John A. Keel was right when he wrote: The UFO manifestations seem to be, by and large, merely minor variations of the age-old demonological phenomenon. Ghosts, UFO's, leprechauns, elves - they all seem to be manifestations of the same energy, the 'G-force' that seems to be able to create, at will, factual living creatures, that interact with us, for a few hours, and then disappear, probably to simply disintegrate. Read the Scole report, and you will see the clear similarities between 'Blue' (an entity that was photographed during these events) and our 'friends', the Grey.

The entire phenomenon is real, but in a surrealistic way. It needs to be investigated, I am all for it, but as it is almost impossible to predict how and where these phenomena will appear, it is equally impossible to proof all this in a scientific way. Yet, we should try. And also try to do it in a reasonable, non-commercial way. Selling it won't help, researching it may.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Religion has nothing to do with our age, unless you like stating that life started when religion came about which is nonsense.

Many studies (religion included) delve into pre-religious times when the likes of Zoroastrianism existed and even earlier.

We have existed far far longer than we are aware of or told about.

Religion came about to quantify and solidify spiritual studies (much in the way science represents the study of the material world) however religion in this day and age is not what it used to be (a means for man to reach enlightenment) but this is a subject for another thread.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You are not making a difference between 'We have no proof' and 'Authorities for classified information do not give us proof' - there is no need for further proof that there is classified information about UFOs and possible encounters, it has already been proven that there is hidden information and more hidden information is kept.

Just because you do not have the proof, does not mean it may not be there, in someone's hands. Of course that leaves the situation to maybe this or that, nothing of the two is certain.

It is clear that if cases continue to be - some light balls often times unclear and could be anything explainable - that won't do progress. If for once something flew over a city and many people saw that, recorded it, saw an actual craft not just light in the sky, made closeup photos and clips, it is then when people will raise to their governments and say - Wait a minute, there is something there, you cannot give us some silly explanation, we demand to know what we just saw...

But yeah, I sometimes wonder how come some closeup of beings and pictures never slipped between the secrecy, there were some but still nothing was proven real.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I had a pretty intense dream today about AFOs and alien contact. In the dream i had this overwhelming feeling of dread come over me , one that was familiar. I seemed to be getting a feeling that something was coming for me, something I had encountered before. I just wanted to hide and I was afraid I'd blackout. That nite i wanted my family to stay inside the house or the basement but they just did their normal routine. I got this bad feeling and went outside to look at the sky and there I saw it. An enormous circular craft hovering over the neighborhood. Then they came. I remember running to the basement to get a gun which I couldn't find.
Then there was the blackout. I woke up and we ( family and many other people) were on board some kind of craft in seats. many were scared and confused and it seemed familiar. Like it happened before and i had forgotten it. There were beings there. They weren't human exactly, although close. What I remember was their eyes. They had kind of yellow eyes, and different shaped teeth.They seemed very arrogant and not altogether friendly, although maybe not openly hostile. They did seem to look down on us as primitive. I don't know if they saw us as barbaric and beneath them or if they were more aloof. I was trying to find out what they wanted and if they were planning to invade and conquer us. That seemed to annoy them. One looked at me and said they were from here. I don't know if that meant they were originally from earth and had returned, or if we were on their planet, some kind of planted species. But we shared some kind of common ancestry.
There were faceless humanoid artificial beings among them acting as aides. I remember one female alien talking about here " life contact" and his physical and emotional state she was monitoring.
They seemed to want to give us some kind of diversion, we were watching a computer 3 d holographic image of different species of native life, they were fish and whales. I also saw that there was some kind of star gate in space, almost in orbit, that was being used to give them access to out solar system.
I didn't like them but again they didn't seem overtly hostile. Just very aloof. What they wanted with us was not clear.
Not a good dream but a very intense one.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

My point was that the Bible claims the earth to be around 6000 years old when we know it to be closer to 4.5 billion rendering the Bible a fairy tale.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

You are not making a difference between 'We have no proof' and 'Authorities for classified information do not give us proof' - there is no need for further proof that there is classified information about UFOs and possible encounters, it has already been proven that there is hidden information and more hidden information is kept.

Indeed, we have classified data and there are strict rules to access it. You will need both clearance AND a need to know to access certain types of information. But the reasons we have classification etc. does not involve some dark black scheme to keep UFO data intentionally away from us. Most of the classified data is BORING and very down-to-earth stuff. But potential enemies of the state might still use it to harm the state. That's why it is classified.

The mere appearance of a UFO is NOT a reason to classify data on it. There are many reports from governmental organisations on UFO's and they are not classified at all. But if the UFO appears over a nuclear silo, for example, it is because information about that silo (it's location, the way it is guarded and operated etc.) is classified that makes the entire report classified too. And if they get a FOIA request for the data, they will comply, but will invariably black out all stuff that does not relate to the UFO appearance to prevent potential enemies of the state to acces classified (non-UFO related..) data. It's as simple as that, no "black government" or nonsense like that. Believe it or not, but they do this to protect YOU.

So, yes, UFO data is sometimes hidden in classified reports. There may be classified reports that contain descriptions of phenomena that are puzzling to the authorities too - say, that some soldier encountered a 'thing' - being, entity. Now, because the authorities don't have a friggin' idea what it is that soldier saw - it might have been a NK spy for all we know, maybe somebody invented a device to change the consciousness of people, maybe the soldier was drugged etc. etc. - the data may initially be overclassified. It is a lot easier to degrade (declassify) data than to classify something that is out in the open already. It really IS as simple as that.

Just because you do not have the proof, does not mean it may not be there, in someone's hands. Of course that leaves the situation to maybe this or that, nothing of the two is certain.

Indeed.

It is clear that if cases continue to be - some light balls often times unclear and could be anything explainable - that won't do progress. If for once something flew over a city and many people saw that, recorded it, saw an actual craft not just light in the sky, made closeup photos and clips, it is then when people will raise to their governments and say - Wait a minute, there is something there, you cannot give us some silly explanation, we demand to know what we just saw...

Well, that's the problem indeed: blurry, easily misinterpreted images even when there were thousands of witnesses. I don't think there are many people left still doubting the phenomenon - but what it is is totally unclear yet. But I'm equally sure that our governments don't know either. The British Govenment even said so and because all the requests to release UFO information were costly and the data was not conclusive and certainly not something that pointed toward a threat of national security, they released most of it. Most of it, because - again - some of the data contained non-UFO related secret data that WILL be dangerous in the hands of our enemies.

But yeah, I sometimes wonder how come some closeup of beings and pictures never slipped between the secrecy, there were some but still nothing was proven real.

There are various pictures known of ghosts, for example. We clearlly see the 'ghost', but does that prove that ghosts are the souls of the departed and that they come back to haunt us? Nope, we have a pattern of light and shadow, that look like a human to us and should not be there. Something is going on, but we do not know WHAT. And because we can't live with that, we make up explanations. It's the same with (not faked) imagery of UFO's, aliens and stuff like that: we know there is something going on, but not WHAT is going on. Not even our governments, I'm afraid.

We tend to see the world as a big family, and like to think there are others that know and could tell us. Probably something we experienced when we were young: our parents, our teachers, they all were in the know and we expected them to teach us, tell us. Well, we aren't children anymore, our 'parents' (the governments) are just as puzzled as we are. We must face it: the only way out of this mess is proper, decent investigation.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Originally posted by Tuttle
Funny how so many amateur astronomers out there with literally the highest optical technology the market has to offer, never see any UFO's. But someone with a smart phone or dodgy old camera always does, ah the irony.

astronomers have actually seen UFOs...unfortunately, they weren't all able to record them

I don't know what it will take for the phenomenon, that for some reason doesn't want to come out in the open, to be officially acknowledged

sometimes I wonder if we're up against something so technologically advanced they can travel through time and manipulate everything that happens in our world. We wouldn't be able to do squat.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
How far have we gone? The Moon? Mars!?! Lol your ready to give up? Sign off this forum then and be done with it, your mind is made up. Cya.

reply to post by WonderBoi

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join