It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something watches over planet Earth says former senator Mike Gravel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

Why?

Because it demands a response and most of us don't want to respond that way.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

NASA dont do anywhere near as much exploring as they should because of funding and technological barriers. currently the observable universe is the equivalent of observing our back garden and if we did find life out there the chances of it being human are very very slim. a planet only needs to have a very slight tiny tiny tiny difference to earth and the life that forms on it over the millions of years would be extremely different to humans.

do not get disheartened because it appears we have not found life, remember we as a species are still young and stupid and are similar to a child learning how to walk. at the moment we are crawling.

The mention of god is almost irrelevant when talking about finding life in space as we have barely began looking. I believe the theory of god in the traditional sense is very dated and unlikely. We are in an age where we are beginning to understand the building blocks of life and how things are created to the point where we can almost create life ourselves. We know how stars and planets are formed and all the things that god apparently created. it makes me wonder that if we can do these things at this stage in our evolution then was god all that great? since surely in the future we will be able to do much greater things?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

You cant discuss UFO's with out the discussion of god (s). Who inhabitant the heaven? Were they visitong when early man wrote of the gods? They go hand and hand when looking at the impact such a discovery would do to our view of history and help reshape our views on god. We cant create complex life using what we know makes up life. We couldnt take the ingredients mix it up and presto we make a living creature. The creation of life itself isnt the most facinating part of "gods" creation. It how everything relates with each other, sycronized in a way where if one thing was out of wack the universe itself wouldnt be.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Jahari because: spellcheck

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
We are not alone in the Universe..............Logical
Being watched over............. Illogical

Say we have an Earth like planet in our Galaxy (17 billion of them)
That's according Kepler scientists estimates.

So some of these planets will have advanced technical abilities, but ...
can they travel Hundreds if not thousands of light years at
FTL speeds... That's the real question.

That's a bit like the Drake equation:
en.wikipedia.org...

N = R* . fp . ne . fl . fi .fc .L

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);

and
R* = the average number of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fl = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[8]

If you replace detectable signs/signals with launching exploration vehicles, that would be fairly similar.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Great interview. I particularly liked his remark at the very end about the US (government-media) being the "dark hole" on the subject.

To me the learning process and (I believe) eventually full revelation of the ET/unseen presence is basically about quitting using the G word, even if it could be somehow proven that there is SOME kind of single Supreme Being for at least THIS planet and presumably solar system (what a concept). "Devil worship" is a redundant term; outright worship is for frightened slaves, and it only serves to feed the beyond monstrous ego of the worshipped. Love, respect and, at most, admiration for said Being, if truly applicable, are all that are necessary for any civilized and intelligent enough people.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
When I saw this thread on the homepage I thought to myself "that will be interesting" but it seems to have been hijacked by the god squad.

The first mention of their god actually claims there is evidence of such a magical being. Nonsense.

The evidence of UFO's isn't fantastic but there far more evidence of UFO's than this god they speak of.

Can't we just keep the god discussions to the religious topics and not topics that are actually worth reading.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I think that the reason that we haven't had a full disclosure yet, is because alot of people share the same view as you and hold alot of faith in religion. Institutions like NASA and other bodies that are held in high esteem as scientific entities add credence to claims they have never come across extraterrestrial life in any shape or form, thus protecting the creation story.

The existence of extra terrestrials stands to disprove many beliefs world religions hold as fact and i believe that the 'powers that be' dont think we are ready to accept fully what that means - it could decimate the ideologies our entire social fabric is based upon and throw us into a chaotic global identity crisis

I personally believe that nothing can come of nothing, so there must be a "God" figure involved at some point, but perhaps maybe our interpretation has been somehow skewed

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

You cant discuss UFO's with out the discussion of god (s). Who inhabitant the heaven? Were they visitong when early man wrote of the gods? They go hand and hand when looking at the impact such a discovery would do to our view of history and help reshape our views on god. We cant create complex life using what we know makes up life. We couldnt take the ingredients mix it up and presto we make a living creature. The creation of life itself isnt the most facinating part of "gods" creation. It how everything relates with each other, sycronized in a way where if one thing was out of wack the universe itself wouldnt be.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Jahari because: spellcheck

sorry I didnt mean god was irrelevant when talking about extra terrestrial life. I just meant you should just start believing in god because we havnt found aliens yet. My wording was innacurate

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnoone07

Let me get this straight, you believe in a god because you don't believe something can come from nothing?

So where did this god come from?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
GOD created the Angels before us so they would be considered alien? but GOD wasn't happy and created us Humans is that right? so i would guess GOD could have created a whole lot of life out in the universe some where far off between each life forms probably making it never likely to meet each other.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

exactly - "it" couldn't have come from "nothing" either,

Maybe our reality/dimension as we know it is a creation of another reality/creation we cant yet comprehend, thus appearing to come from nothing.

I guess I try to rationalise it as like a computer game - programmers can create entire worlds, control everything down to positions of blades of grass etc, make everything work in sync, every action has a reaction. But still that world was created, nothing is a coincidence- you can even program programs to adapt and learn from information being put into the program to become more efficient- in effect programming the program to evolve.

We understand how computer programs are made, we understand people designed them and spent months even years creating gamescapes etc,we know it is all manufactured.

But if the characters in the game had a conscious and an idea of 'self' as we do in our reality- would they believe the world they live in isn't the real world and it is in fact just a creation of the real world? - how could they understand that, as all they know is only what we have created for them to know. - in their world made of binary code we wouldnt even be tangible to them in our true form.

- kinda hard to articulate, obviously just my personal theory, I guess im saying that theoretically a world created on a computer has been created from "nothing", but we know that it hasn't really been created from nothing as we are educated in how it would come to be.

Right here on Earth we can hypothesize about how we came to be, but we may never know for sure because if the truth it is beyond the scope of our accepted rules of physics, science etc we could never understand.

i need to lie down now cos my brain is about to explode. - i dont even know if that makes sense lol.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
[If NASA found intelligent life elsewhere (and they probably have) they would not tell the general public.
They have been advised not to, due to the possible societal implications, by many think tanks.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistMuchObeyLittle
[If NASA found intelligent life elsewhere (and they probably have) they would not tell the general public.
They have been advised not to, due to the possible societal implications, by many think tanks.

Got any proof of these claims, or should we just take your word for it?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I think a more appropriate question would be what is "God" exactly? Put yourself in the shoes of a "primative" civilization (which we kinda qualify as anyways but I digress..) What do you think a highly advanced species visiting earth would look like to them? If you ask me, I would say they would appear as Gods. I have always had a feeling that there is more to the "Ancient Astronaut" theory than anyone seems to realize. If there is a God, I honestly think that it is not some invisible man in the clouds that says "If you do that I'll spank you," but rather a member of a highly advanced, seemingly "omniscient" (at least compared to us) species. Then when you factor in the fact that every single other species on this planet fits into their own niche both on the food chain as well as within their applicable ecosystem and yet we do not..All emotional contrivances aside, we really do not fit in around here now do we? Kinda gives credence to the creationist/interventionist theory (if only that it entails some sort of intervention in our evolutionary process.) Just some food for thought.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Agree that Mike does come across as a very level headed Senator. The money will be peanuts for him and I suspect this is a "hobby", he is genuinely interested rather than using it for any campaign (he did say he was retired).

Agree that the interviewer showed respect but wish that the interview could have been longer to see what else Mike would have exposed.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

LOL "All" the space exploration? Implying that they have done a lot? We have done nothing. There are billions of planets (and likely earth like ones) in our galaxy alone. Our space exporation is the equivalent of a guy, blind in one eye, and with a cataract in the other taking one step into his backyard and saying he'd explored every inch of the Earth and discovered all the animals. It is probably impossible that there isn't other life in the universe.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

If you mean the earths population once being a cargo cult then I would say you're probably on the right track with the idea...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ResistMuchObeyLittle

what was that filmed in the sky over washington in july 1952
must have been the russians

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I wonder what exactly makes the Senator makes this statement is he privy to information that is withheld from the public or is he basing this on the 'evidence' of the seventy plus years history of the UFO phenomenon?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
We may either all be in a simulated universe, where God is the creator of the simulation.

or God is in all of us, our consciousness and love.

or God is mistaken as aliens in UFOs as early civilizations saw flying crafts with "magical powers"

or God is a massive pool of energy, an energy soup in which infinite bubbles of universes are created(parallel universe).

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join