It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something watches over planet Earth says former senator Mike Gravel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

What makes you assume NASA has NOT found evidence of extraterrestrial life? Perhaps it is just not being shared with the general public!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

His is the time to realize we have neighbors, and they are not happy about the flow of the way this planet is run.
We are but a smidgen of the galactic arm we are in and hundreds of races are here and watching.
So at this time we are showing how backwards we are in many ways.
If we are up for bat, then we have to hit a fly ball or we get reset.
Namaste.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
thanks for posting

if aliens are here full disclosure will happen soon.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

With all that technology and space exploration I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there ISN'T a "God"-"Creator"!, Wouldn't we have found just get a bit of scientific "proof" of a God?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

well we have searched less than 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00001 of the entire universe, it's a little soon for definitive answers.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I think he has stuck his toe in the water but is a little shy about taking the plunge. If we're being watched and they are far more advanced, why not fly in and give us a good show and maybe, just maybe, the world would stop fighting over what religion is the real deal.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Is there a GOD? Ya probably but the real question is did a GOD create us? Imagine we go into the most remote jungle and discover a small civilization who has never had any contact with humans outside of where they live. We are able to fly, devices that start fire, devices that heal, etc. We would most likely be considered GODS to them. We teach them the way. We have the ability to manipulate and tinker with DNA. I truly think our GODS at one point was an advanced civilization. At some point we are going to be extremely advanced and when we find life outside of Earth they may not be advanced thus thinking we are GODS.

Very good. I am Agnostic. I feel the same way as described in your post. I do not believe in any one god put forth in text or ritual, I just believe there are higher beings then being "human".
edit on 17-5-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Funny how so many amateur astronomers out there with literally the highest optical technology the market has to offer, never see any UFO's. But someone with a smart phone or dodgy old camera always does, ah the irony.

I HAD an awesome camera, I was too stunned to even think to pick it up and USE it....

I was also scared to draw attention to myself because of 5000000 different fears in the back of my head, so we stood there, as still as statues, holding our breath until it was gone.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I believe in what the senator says. The goverment always want to keep things covered up from its citizens. UFO and Alien are real but they want to hide every evidence of their existence from us. What a shame!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I hope I am taking this as sarcasm but just in case what proof do you speak of?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Why is it so astounding to you that NASA hasn't found proof of other BIOLOGICAL being PERIOD, let alone human like aliens?

You are aware of how vast and incredibly huge our milky way galaxy is, let alone our entire UNIVERSE, right?

The closest biological life to us might be HUNDREDS of LIGHT YEARS away. The furthest any manned mission has gotten is our own MOON. The furthest anything else we've sent into space have still stayed within our solar system. That is NOTHING compared to size the our galaxy. Our GALAXY, not our universe.

It doesnt seem weird at all to me that NASA hasn't found biological life yet. We are still in our infacy as a race (homo sapiens).

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

You do realize there's an agenda to hide the existence of aliens. Sorry, but your "god" isn't real. If we found out aliens existed, no one would believe in religions/god and we all know how churches brainwash every single person who join them into a life of misunderstanding and disappointment.

I just can't believe you trust governments when they say they believe in god and don't when they say we've never been visited by other life not from here. All I can say is bigger the lie, the more people will believe.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

S&F I haven't seen this clip before. I couldn't find a date on it. Former Sen Mike Gravel must be around 83 by now. He tried to be the Libertarian presidential candidate for 2008. It's refreshing to see a politician who's honest about UFOs.

Of course, I don't have any problem with the general thread topic. I also believe we are being watched by ETs and by more than one variety. I also believe they've been here for a very looong time.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

lol. All the space explorations? Humans haven't even made it past the moon yet. Human spacecraft haven't even left the solar system. There has been no space exploration. And why would they find other humans? You are truly lost.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Any advanced extraterrestrial civilization would have god powers even to the people of today. The existence of religion is proof of extraterrestrial life.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't think the bigger question is has biological life found us yet.

Look how far we have come in a hundred years, if a civilisation only centuries older than us exists then they very well may have the technology to come and observe us.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adaluncatif
Any advanced extraterrestrial civilization would have god powers even to the people of today. The existence of religion is proof of extraterrestrial life.

The Qur'an has several passages in the latter part eluding to advanced races that came and perished.

"...Races greater in number...greatly blessed..."

In fact I would go so far as in saying that we are much much older as a species than we realise...as a race we are probably young in comparison to the ones that have come and gone.

I believe history has been changed for whatever reason but also mostly due to ignorance we have forgotten our past (take a look at the level of eduction and desire to learn now, we would rather be spoon fed than actually struggle to gain knowledge).

So if you take the above you can quite easily understand why people though there were dragons if some advanced race was flying crafts in the air...Just look at modern airplanes that flow low, they leave a contrail and they sound like...well dragons!

Sea monsters could quite easily be submarines and other water based vessels that we do not know about (I believe man also settled deep in the ocean).

Mars, The Moon and many other plants and bodies have evidence of the past (not present), which indicates, given the above context that we had in the past been advanced enough (in different ways possibly) to travel the solar system (possibility is there).

Take a good look at history, mythology and fairy tales and then apply logic and reasoning - think if you took what is factual and known and applied it in context to those times and stories you can see how a Werewolf could have been some other type of life form and what they called demons we call aliens etc.

The day we let go of our egos is the day we will start to see the truth of everything.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So much fail in this thread. That banned member comparing UFOs to ghosts is a total facepalm.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by trustnoone07

Let me get this straight, you believe in a god because you don't believe something can come from nothing?

So where did this god come from?

The "God" question actually may be relevant to even the hardest skeptic. It may well hold the key to various fortean topics like 'are UFO's and ET's real', 'are ghosts real' etc.

If you try to analyse what happens - anything - from a materalistic point of view, you will find that neither science nor religion are able to explain everthing adequately, the given example of the question of origin being one of the best ones. Both science and religion agree there must be something like a 'Fiat lux!' that made the Universe come into existence and both fail to explain in understandable, logical terms how that worked.

The essential question here is best represented by a little poem that I like to cite:

Some suffer from a bone-deep fear
That matter's all that matters here
That love and hate and pretty faces
Are naught but atoms changing places.

Most 19th century scientists believed that everyting could be explained in terms of material, tangible stuff, interacting - but that is not true, as it fails to explain how material came into existence in the first place. There must be an other factor.

If you read that little poem you immediately understand that there are immaterial forces at work, and the sum of all these immaterial forces is - to me at least - "God". It is "God" that makes you smile, but - and this is the difficult part for many religious people - it also is God that allows you to murder an innocent victim. God as a total sum of immaterial forces is neutral, all-encompassing, all-knowing. You, as only a partial expression of the creative force of God, are not.

Material is created if a part of God feels the need to express itself. That is creation. Gnostics believe that it is a flaw, that God in His totality was perfect and hence creation is in error. I don't believe so: as the concept of imperfection is also part of God, hence, creation occurs. I agree with the Gnostics that creation is the result of realisation of the concept of imperfection though.

How does all that relate to ghosts and UFO's then..??

Fragments of the creative force - God implementing the concepts of imperfection - can also create. But where physical entities need physical entities to create, pure "God" force - G-force..
- does not require anything, merely being what it is and always will be to create. Like our Universe: we don't understand how it comes into existence, but it does, and it interacts with us. It can also happen spontaneously and on a smaller scale. And there they are then: ghosts, UFO's, aliens, the holy Mother, leprechauns, talking mongeese.. the wild and weird that fascinates me, as a fortean, and will fascinate me forever.

UFO's may sometimes well be concrete alien space ships that came from lightyears away. Their inhabitants may well be from another planet. I can't exclude it, as we are here too and why would God not create others than us, after all. But the wild variations of the beings that "visit" us, often with all too human character and wit, the diversity of their vessels but then again mostly reflecting contemporary belief on how they should look, the material impossibilities they seem to overcome without any problem at all, even the questions they ask and the things that they do - all of this strongly suggest that they are simply spontaneous manifestations of the creative force that is behind everything.

The UFO question is complex: sometimes people imagine things, sometimes they misinterpret things, sometimes they are mentally ill. Maybe some of us even HAVE seen beings from Zeta Reticuli. But I think most of these manifestations are simply that: spontaneous creations by the G-force. Mind you: these are sometimes VERY, VERY concrete. If you have been abducted, the table that they may have put you on was REALLY there, I'm sure of it. But they seem to pop in and out of existence, not needing birth or death to do so.

I believe it is the same force that also created the manifestations they had when they were doing the Scole experiment. Check out the entity they photographed they named 'Blue'. A real grey, I can't deny it. Also, during the Scole experiment, the same characteristics showed up: very HUMAN like behaviour, blended with esoteric stuff.

I hope I have shown why to me the "God" question closely relates to the UFO question (and to many other such enigmas) - there is a creative force, which can spontaneously manifest itself as matter. It did so when it created the Universe, including probably near infinite amounts of living beings, that may visit us. It also still does so every now and then, creating many fortean phenomenon. It all figures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join