It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something watches over planet Earth says former senator Mike Gravel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Funny how so many amateur astronomers out there with literally the highest optical technology the market has to offer, never see any UFO's. But someone with a smart phone or dodgy old camera always does, ah the irony.

Maybe you should google that. Amateur astronomers see ufos all the time. Some have taken pictures and videos.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

How do you know they haven't found any human life-forms? Because they said so?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Funny how so many amateur astronomers out there with literally the highest optical technology the market has to offer, never see any UFO's. But someone with a smart phone or dodgy old camera always does, ah the irony.

You're incorrect.

The returns identified 62 respondents who had witnessed or obtained an instrumental record of an event which they could not identify and which they thought might be related to the UFO phenomenon. The total number of events reported was larger (65) since some respondents reported more than one event. In addition, ten _identified_ strange observations were mentioned, four investigations were described (including one detailed study of ground traces), and attention was drawn to a few strange events described in the scientific literature. It was found that these 62 respondents have spent longer than average studying the UFO problem, that they are more positive in their assessment of the scientific importance of the problem, and that they tend to be more open-minded about unconventional explanations. Only 18 (about 30%) of these respondents indicated that they had previously reported their observations; seven to the Air Force, Navy or NORAD, one to the police, two to airport authorities, seven to other scientists, and one to a newspaper.

source

Notice that of the 62 members of the AAS who admitted having a UFO sighting only 18 reported it to anyone. Of those 18 reports, you would probably never hear about 17 of them. You might hear about the one that was reported to a newspaper.

edit on 16-5-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

You forgot the people like me that's seen them and didn't have that equipment either. Once you see them yourself then you truly will know the truth.

Believe me when I say this " It doesn't matter knowing they are out there and being a believer now Just makes you question what they are doing now even more".

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We are not alone in the Universe..............Logical
Being watched over............. Illogical

Say we have an Earth like planet in our Galaxy (17 billion of them)
That's according Kepler scientists estimates.

So some of these planets will have advanced technical abilities, but ...
can they travel Hundreds if not thousands of light years at
FTL speeds... That's the real question.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

Yea I've read this nice gesture the pope speaks out.. but it will not help the poor I think.. if they are so concerned why do they themselfs nothing to help to give meaning to the victems of this economic lie. Would be better for church's moral I think The only relation between this and the church I can see is that they will loose power if there would be alien overcast on our planet. So they try to buy their way in with speaches like this

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Comon matey, plenty of NASA, Airforce,scientists etc have seen and reported UFOs
High speed cameras from white sands have tracked them during missile tests...
A whole squadron of B29s stationed in Alaska ...chased, and interacted with these things.
Pictures were taken, films made, everything shipped by courier to Washington, only to dissapear.....
they are here period.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Can imagine that If there are civilizations out there . Started evolution Right after the big bang and and survived their own evolutionary defects they could be superior in space travel
I mean class three civilization sort of speak?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Wormholes? Stargates?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Mr. Gravel was paid $20k to sit in the hearings. But, he has discovered the "greatest mystery of our time" and he is hooked. Just like thousands of us on here.

Welcome Mr. Gravel. I am sure you will find ATS soon.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

All the space explorations NASA has done and they haven't found any human life forms? That's pretty astounding, if you ask me. I'm not sure why people don't believe that MAYBE there IS a "God"-"Creator"! How much more scientific "proof" do we need?

Really? Because we haven't found any human life forms, it's actually proof of God? Are you serious? Who says there has to be humans on another planet? Just because it can support life, doesn't mean it's a clone of Earth.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Something watches over planet Earth says former senator Mike Gravel. I was watching this video and found this very intriguing . He also stated that the US government doesn't take responsibility for the UFO subject so this hearing has no political benefit.

But he also thinks that this is a global issue and science should collaborate to study this phenomenon.
I do think these hearings should be more often world wide to demand some answers from our governments.

Watch and learn,

Peace

How in the world is this credible proof?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Comon matey, plenty of NASA, Airforce,scientists etc have seen and reported UFOs
High speed cameras from white sands have tracked them during missile tests...
A whole squadron of B29s stationed in Alaska ...chased, and interacted with these things.
Pictures were taken, films made, everything shipped by courier to Washington, only to dissapear.....
they are here period.

Correct , but it doesn't mean these UFO's are alien. That type of proof doesn't exist.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hades84

Its a waste and a distraction. We have enough problems on this planet to worry about. They like to dangle the space carrot in front of people to get us to build the high technology to enslave us.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What other planets actually have we scoured? They have found life on Mars-we just aren't sure that it didn't come from Earth yet. And we have the meteor that just landed in Sri Lanka-that rock came from space:
www.buckingham.ac.uk...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That came from space.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Astronomers throughout the ages and up to the present day continue to report seeing UFOs.

Here are 48 pages worth of descriptions: A List of Sightings by Astronomers

There is also evidence that astronomers are actually more likely to have seen a UFO than the average population. This is based off an informal survey done by Dr. Hynek, a more formal survey performed by Dr. Sturrock with members of the American Astronomical Society (and published in a peer-reviewed journal), and a report published by the Soviet Academy of Sciences in the late 70s. The report states that: "contrary to the widespread fallacy, there is a highly significant percentage of astronomers among the observers."

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brighter

Astronomers throughout the ages and up to the present day continue to report seeing UFOs.

Here are 48 pages worth of descriptions: A List of Sightings by Astronomers

There is also evidence that astronomers are actually more likely to have seen a UFO than the average population. This is based off an informal survey done by Dr. Hynek, a more formal survey performed by Dr. Sturrock with members of the American Astronomical Society (and published in a peer-reviewed journal), and a report published by the Soviet Academy of Sciences in the late 70s. The report states that: "contrary to the widespread fallacy, there is a highly significant percentage of astronomers among the observers."

So if there was 48 pages of Astronomers seeing ghosts ,should that solidify the notion that ghosts are real?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

we did not leave our solar system , we have been on planets which are outside the habitable zone

and you think there is no way else for us to look for life?

i see you are a month old member..hope your position changes in the future

edit on 17-5-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Watches over it for 1 minute and 11 seconds, then hurls an asteroid into its ocean and departs.

What did I just watch, some kind of Swedish art film? Varför var det inte i svart och vitt? (Why wasn't this in black and white?)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

There's a very valid reason for this actually. Astronomers are looking at a very tiny portion of the sky. Someone with a cell phone camera isn't zoomed in on any specific area, instead they're looking at the entire sky. That's why those with telescopes rarely if ever see these things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join