It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that think gay marriage is wrong...Moving video

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Marriage is a religious ceremony...

How can you make that statement when there are millions of marriages and marriage ceremonies that have NOTHING to do with religion?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I starred your post because I think you bring up several important aspects of this discussion and I appreciate your honesty.

Originally posted by Metallicus
On the other hand I have a very real repulsion to the idea of two men lying together in a sexual way.

So do I.
That's why I don't think about it. Let me ask you a couple rhetorical questions:
How do you feel about two grossly obese people lying together in a sexual way?
How about two old and wrinkly people?
How about your parents?
On the other hand, how do you feel about two women lying together in a sexual way?

Should your feelings about their sexual relations determine whether or not to deny them their legal rights?

So, I am logically willing and able to grant the legal rights to homosexuals to marry,

So, you think YOU grant people rights? This is a HUGE part of the gay marriage argument. People who disapprove of homosexuality think they have the right to "grant legal rights" to other people.
You do not have that right or that power, nor should you. They already HAVE the right. They are just being denied it by those who think they grant rights to others.

but at the same time it isn't going to change the fact that I have a visceral and real negative reaction to the homosexual act. Is that fair?

It is extremely fair, IMO.

edit on 5/14/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

There is no logical argument for "gay" marriage. (And I'll hate the homosexual movement forever for destroying that perfectly good word, not to mention trashing the happy beauty of the rainbow. If you want to know how it hurts me, there's a start.)

The arguments are not logical, they are all emotional. "I want, I want." "I don't care that I'll upset the Mother, the Father, his brothers and sisters, I want to be welcomed and accepted at the funeral." "I want the financial benefits that come from mariage." "I want people to accept my abnormal behavior as perfectly normal and praiseworthy." Sadly, that's all there is. Sadder still, is that this has been dressed up to look like Civil Rights, which the real Civil Rights leaders have rejected itas insulting. Saddest of all is the claim that it doesn't affect anyone else.

What is the logical argument against gay marriage? Not a religious argument, or an emotional "gay is icky" argument. Give me a logical argument.

"Waah, waah, waah, I want everyone to live according to MY religious beliefs. If my religion says that women should be stoned for being raped, I don't care if it hurts them or their children to be without a mother. If my religion says that slavery is okay, I don't care how it hurts others - I should be able to own slaves. If my religion says that homosexuality is wrong, I don't care who it hurts." Oh wait, we as a society have decided to ignore those first two parts of the bible -- because they hurt innocent people. It is now time to address that third part.

They also don't care about children. The major study looking at what the effect is on children raised in same sex households, show that at age 18 + they are much worse off than those from different sex households. But it's "I want children, I want, I want."

Then we should ban poor people from having children, because studies show that poor children are more likely to suffer and are less likely to succeed. And we should ban people with low IQs from having children because genetically they are more likely to have children with low IQs. And anyone who has committed a felony should be banned from having children and people who were abused should be banned from having children, and people who are alcoholics should be banned from having children. But all those damn people keep saying "I want the right to have kids, I want, I want."

Next? Salon magazine has already published an article demanding that polygamous relationships be the next goal. The Psychiatric Association which removed Homosexuality from it's list of disorders back in the '70s (I believe) due to pressure, not science, now has an active group calling for the same treatment for pedophilia.

Polygamous relationships are okay in some religions. And we all know that religions are wonderful, so what's the problem? You are hurting Mormons, but I guess you don't care who you hurt, do you? And shame on you for comparing a lifestyle that involves victimizing children, with a lifestyle that involves consenting adults.

Whatever you may hear. The homosexual movement has one true goal. "I want to have all the sex I want, anyway I want it. And I want society's benefits, approvals, and protection. And I want the state to hurt those naughty people who don't agree with me."

I've got an idea. Let's make all kinds of laws dictating what kind of sex heterosexual consenting adults can have. First off, we should only allow missionary position. Of course, any sex outside of marriage is a felony offense. Hmmm, maybe we SHOULD bring stoning back into vogue... you know, for those nasty women who let themselves get raped.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Once again.. Gayness DOES NOT PERPETUATE THE HUMAN RACE ...no .. it is NOT normal to be gay. It is NOT the new norm.

and lastly .. STOP trying to shove gayness down everyones thoat, Frankly Im sick of hearing the argument really..

Its a non issue.. move on.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
Gayness DOES NOT PERPETUATE THE HUMAN RACE ..

Neither does infertility. Neither do old people. Are you suggesting that we deny them the right to marry?

Frankly Im sick of hearing the argument really..

And yet, you opened this thread. If you're sick of hearing it, stop participating in it.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Once again.. Gayness DOES NOT PERPETUATE THE HUMAN RACE ...no .. it is NOT normal to be gay. It is NOT the new norm.

and lastly .. STOP trying to shove gayness down everyones thoat, Frankly Im sick of hearing the argument really..

Its a non issue.. move on.

Bet you have a nice selection of clothes, in your closet..

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually, advances in science can reverse infertility, and old people can to...so I see you are still your own biggest fan.

I participate to remind the lemmings that being gay is not the norm .. infact I believe its a brain defect; along with liberalism and ACTUAL brain defects.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
less guns, violence and death, more love. This is simple, self-evident truth.
The kind of truth that children possess before they are programmed with evil memes by adults.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

I have gay family members and trans-sexual members as well. I do love them, but I do not agree with their life decisions.

Whats your point? Anything to add other than 1 liners?!?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

what if you are wrong?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Wrong about gayness being the new norm? Hrmm let me think .. wow ..this world is screwed

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Actually, advances in science can reverse infertility, and old people can to...so I see you are still your own biggest fan.

I participate to remind the lemmings that being gay is not the norm .. infact I believe its a brain defect; along with liberalism and ACTUAL brain defects.

Being left-handed is not the norm. Let's stop them from getting marriage licenses.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Actually, advances in science can reverse infertility,

Perhaps in a few cases. Not in my case. Would you deny me the right to marry?

and old people can to...

VERY few old people can reproduce. Would you deny the right to marry to those who cannot?

You're avoiding the question. Is procreation necessary for marriage? No.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Your statement is irrelevant to the discussion.. another act of a defeated mind.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I have gay family members and trans-sexual members as well. I do love them, but I do not agree with their life decisions.

Whats your point? Anything to add other than 1 liners?!?

Considering you have gay members and trans-sexuals in your family, (like most people seem to who are anti gay)

and you post statements like this;

Once again.. Gayness DOES NOT PERPETUATE THE HUMAN RACE ...no .. it is NOT normal to be gay. It is NOT the new norm. and lastly .. STOP trying to shove gayness down everyones thoat, Frankly Im sick of hearing the argument really..

I think my 1 liner carries even more weight than it did 5 minutes ago.

edit on 14/5/13 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Perhaps in a few cases. Not in my case. Would you deny me the right to marry?

No, You either have or had children. You have done your part in natural procreation.

Oldies..the same.

With that being said.. Gay people can not procreate. Scientific methods of this are un-natural, and this again promotes Gayness as a new norm, which it is not. I dont need numbers or graphs to prove that.

But I see as long as you or any other weirdo is breathing , you will be at war with heterosexuals because YOUR view is not accepted.

Ignorance in denial

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You imply that I have a tight "butthole" on the matter. How about you get over yourself. If it makes you feel better.. Im a blue collar .. blue jean and T kind of guy.

How bout add something relevant to the discussion

link   

reply to post by kaylaluv

Your statement is irrelevant to the discussion.. another act of a defeated mind.

Ha. You're not very good at this debate thing, are you.

Can you twist your tongue upside down both ways? I can. It's not the norm. And yet, I have a marriage license.

link   

... being gay is not the norm ..

If you mean it's a minority, I think we're all well aware of that.
Blacks are a minority, too. Maybe you think they should not be permitted to marry? Because they are not the norm? Being left-handed is not the norm, either. And yes, it's relevant. If you're position is that those in the minority should be denied rights based on the fact that they are a minority, then all minorities are relevant.

infact I believe its a brain defect; along with liberalism and ACTUAL brain defects.

You're entitled to your beliefs. No one is expecting those to change.

edit on 5/14/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You imply that I have a tight "butthole" on the matter. How about you get over yourself. If it makes you feel better.. Im a blue collar .. blue jean and T kind of guy.

How bout add something relevant to the discussion

I've made my point thank you, reinforced nicely by yourself.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join