It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that think gay marriage is wrong...Moving video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by charles1952

The arguments are not logical, they are all emotional.

Where is the logic in the opposing view? It is all emotion - and: we want we want we want...

What's more, we insist - nay - we demand - you live your life by our laws - our way

Now that people are deciding differently it really stings - doesn't it?

Well, this isn't revenge my friend - it's just a change in the way we see the world, our lives - and our rights

Yeah, the old white guys are used to having the world go the way they want it to. As that starts to change, the old white guys get reeeeal touchy - and cranky.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Dear Spiramirabilis, and all the other posters who have been so gentle with my inflammatory post. This will not be much of an improvement. I owe you better and I will try to do so later tonight. I'm writing this in a hospital waiting room, hoping for the soon return of my younger daughter from the first of two or three surgeries. Sadly, this is not getting my entire attention. If you pray, remember my poor Anne.

I like the idea of two or twenty people sharing closeness and love. Consider, for example, a combat unit. I like love, it's a good thing. God wants us to do it. Let me leave aside questions of the morality or immorality of the homosexual sex act. That's another discussion. Allow me to focus on Marriage v 1.0 (Boy and Girl).

This arrangement has the vast weight of history and tradition behind it. It's what people always thought of when they thought of marriage. Having a father and a mother provides children with complimentary role models and gives them "Diversity" in the family. (Yes,I'll look up the study, but not right now, please. I know I posted it somewhere on ATS about a year ago.)

The State has also seen, over time, that marriage (v 1.0) has served as a good foundation for the community, and is a good thing in itself, far superior to the situation of a child with one or no parents. As the State saw this as a good, they decided to encourage it with benefits in different areas.

Society made the choice to encourage marriage because of the benefits to society it provided, but apparently did not see the advantage to society, or children, of same-sex marriage. What does same-sex marriage add to society that Marriage v 1.0 doesn't? How are our children better off under same-sex marriages? This is harsh, but what does homosexual marriage contribute to society?

Yes, I know that those involved in SSM will be happier, they may be better off financially, they may be more "respectable," and they will be be able to insist that criticism of them might be considered hate crimes or discrimination. They will be able to teach that homosexuality is right, but others will lose the right to teach that homosexuality is not right.

Again, I'm leaving out the homosexual sex act for another discussion, but I insist that everyone has always been able to love.

Homosexuals are human, heterosexuals are human, gluttons are human, the greedy are human. They will do what they do, but why should their acts draw benefits from society, unless they really provide benefit to society?

I love you, as you know.

Pray for my daughter.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That was a lovely post - even the bits where we disagree. And we do disagree - but not on everything

I would never try to talk you out of your faith Charles - I'd only ask that you might allow room in this world for people who choose to live their lives differently from how you choose to live yours.

I think for the most part you do

It's a challenge for all of us - even in the best of times

My thoughts are with you and your daughter
edit on 5/14/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Society made the choice to encourage marriage because of the benefits to society it provided, but apparently did not see the advantage to society, or children, of same-sex marriage. What does same-sex marriage add to society that Marriage v 1.0 doesn't? How are our children better off under same-sex marriages? This is harsh, but what does homosexual marriage contribute to society?

What did Kim Kardashian's marriage contribute to society? What did Brittany Spear's marriage contribute to society?

Here is just one example of what a gay couple has contributed to society.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Yes, let's not let this gay couple get the benefits of legal marriage, but by all means, we need to let Kim and Brittany get the benefits simply because they are heterosexual.

Your inflammatory post angered and disappointed me very much, Charles, but I do wish your daughter well. Good luck.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here is a novel idea:

Take all the gay men or women on planet earth and put them on a planet elsewhere in the universe so they won't be discriminated against. Guess what you will have in 125 years...an empty planet.

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but it takes a male and a female to reproduce life. You can sugar coat it all you like but that is the way it is. Maybe you ought to be giving kudos to those cranky old heterosexuals. I think it is about time folks stop bashing normalacy, especially when it has to do with the continuance of our species.

I get a little tired of people trying to make me feel wrong for not running up and down my street with a sign that says how much I support gays and gay rights and some of you try to make it sound like I am at fault, somehow, for not marching in gay parades to give my support. It's like saying I am racist for hating black bank robbers, when in fact I just hate people that rob banks.

Just enjoy your gay lifestyle while you are on this earth and give thanks for those before you that were NOT gay, or you wouldn't be here now.

Hope everything turns out well charles...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The requirement for a marriage license was used as a mechanism to prohibit whites from marrying blacks, mulattos, Japanese, Chinese, Native Americans, Mongolians, Malays or Filipinos. By the 1920s, 38 states used the mechanism. People all through out history have got married without a marriage license. People really need to learn to stop begging the state to run their lives. Can't people run there own lives. I guess people vote so they can have crap to complain about.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Hopechest

I think you are missing the point here. The video is about predujce and you done a mighty fine job of watching a ten minute video in two minutes..

Predujce you don't say and you want a new marriage license. Glad you are an informed individual. None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who believe they are free or in this case equal.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You and your daughter are in my thoughts.

Originally posted by charles1952
This is harsh, but what does homosexual marriage contribute to society?

Many gay couples adopt children who would otherwise live in foster care their entire childhood. And...

More than half of the kids adopted by gays and lesbians had special needs.

Why Gay Parents May be the Best Parents

That's more than my marriage contributes to society.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by just1question

Originally posted by just1question
Take all the gay men or women on planet earth and put them on a planet elsewhere in the universe so they won't be discriminated against. Guess what you will have in 125 years...an empty planet.

You're wrong. We, as a species, have a drive to reproduce and propagate the species. That's why gay people want to have children, because of that basic need. Gay men and lesbians would get together and produce children. STRAIGHT children. Who would then grow up and reproduce.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What about THE OTHER HALF of kids adopted by gay parents whom have NO special needs?

Do they enjoy being the butt of discrimination during their formative years at this time when homosexual marriages still had not gain nationwide acceptance?

I do enjoy disneyland tales of happy endings as you ceaselessly portray, but the fact is we DO NOT live in disneyland. Not today. NOT until your supported kind gains acceptance and inorder to PROTECT their rights - INFLUENCE by brainwashing the young through media and education to enjoy the homosexual lifestyle, and say screw it to the future when the homosexuals get too old to support the economy, as they do not procreate, or have to ensure fertile young women are ENSLAVED to become like breeding dogs to produce the next generations to support the aged homosexual lifestyles.

Emotions are fun to indulge in and to fool others, but REALITY is another thing which we have to face up to eventually.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jheated5

Originally posted by jheated5
Well where are my human/civil rights? What if I don't want to get married, yet I want the benefits of marriage?

If you want the benefits of driving a car, get a license.
If you want the benefits of having an education, get an education.
If you want VA benefits, join the military.
If you want the benefits of marriage, get married.

What if I'm perfectly happy with my partner and I want the same tax breaks married couples get?

See above.

Thanks for the apples and oranges..... All of those things you listed except marriage and VA aka healthcare which I can also get... I can do just fine without the government being involved in it... Also to do those other things you listed, you only have to be human not 2 people conjoined, so still your point is moot....

So a human/civil right is something anyone can have..... Well except a single person because they're not married that's only for 2 people at once but it's still considered an individual right, weird....

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Do they enjoy being the butt of discrimination during their formative years at this time when homosexual marriages still had not gain nationwide acceptance?

Are you suggesting that we behave according to what people discriminate against? Kids are always going to find reasons to make fun of other kids. And honestly, the kids today are less bigoted than their parents. Young people are VERY open-minded and many already accept gay marriage.

In my 19 years, not once have I EVER been confronted by an individual who realized independently that I was raised by a gay couple. And you know why? Because the sexual orientation of my parents has had zero affect on the content of my character.

edit on 5/14/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You're wrong. We, as a species, have a drive to reproduce and propagate the species. That's why gay people want to have children, because of that basic need. Gay men and lesbians would get together and produce children. STRAIGHT children. Who would then grow up and reproduce.

HORRORS of horros! WHAT ELSE and WHAT OTHER AGENDAS DOES your kind wish to propagate to enslave future generations of mankind????!!!!

And your kind have the CHEEK to say you love each other and want to marry, and YET, READY TO SWOP PARTNERS so that your kind may create NEW SLAVES to support your aged homosexual lifestyles?!!!

I do not support the discirmination of homosexuals, but your abominable post do show CLEARLY the homosexual agenda upon future mankind. I may have to do a rethink on my position with my family, relatives, friends and theirs as well to stop such horrors to humanity.....

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
WHAT ELSE and WHAT OTHER AGENDAS DOES your kind wish to propagate to enslave future generations of mankind????!!!!

Oh, Lord... I'm fear you're going over the edge. I happen to be straight.

I do not support the discirmination of homosexuals...

Yeah. Right.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Originally posted by jheated5
All of those things you listed except marriage and VA aka healthcare which I can also get...

Veterans get other benefits besides healthcare. VA Benefits Fact Sheet

The rest of your post doesn't make sense to me.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Oh, Lord... I'm fear you're going over the edge. I happen to be straight.

On the net, who knows? Certainly your homosexual support despite logic shows otherwise.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I not against anything as far as freedom goes, marry whoever you want do what ever what ever you want, but i find this video bs.

1.They could have taken the proper legal action to accommodate there situation, they didnt and dudes boyfriend dealt with the consequences.

2. the title of the video is "why obama should be elected....."

3. dude most likely commited suicide and left his partner behind, i should feel bad for gay people because one killed himself?

4. when it showed dude crying, they were crocodile tears

in the end video is an epic fail. I probably would not have said anything but when they were using suicide to get votes i had to post something

edit on 14-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
it's still wrong and disgusting..

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blahable
it's still wrong and disgusting..

So is Kim Kardashian and her 72-day sham of a marriage. Too bad we can't ban her marriages for life.

20.5 carats: The reported size of the dog-choking $2 million engagement ring Humphries presented to his lady love, but which they allegedly got at a steep discount. By comparison, her wedding band cost a modest $200,000.

5 million: Estimated number of people who watched "Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event" on the E! network, which also aired the wedding of Kim's sister, Khloé, to basketballer Lamar Odom, in 2009.

$2 million: Cost of flower arrangements for the wedding, which included African white roses. The couple also registered for a $7,500 Baccarat vase.

$50,000: Cost of Kardashian's bachelorette party, which, like most of the wedding expenses, was picked up by someone else, in this case the Tao nightclub in Las Vegas.

$50,000: Rumored cost of the facelift Kardashian's mom, Kris Jenner, underwent just before the ceremony.

$17.9 million: Amount Kardashian and Humphries reportedly earned from the wedding, including a $2.5 million photo deal with People magazine and the $12 million to $15 million the four-hour, two-part wedding special pulled in for the Kardashian clan.

www.mtv.com...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Hopechest

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that gay people do not extend sympathy to others. That is what it seems like to me although i find it hard to believe you are saying that..

Many do not.

They wish to have their views of gay marriage accepted but do not accept the views of those that may disagree with it.

It has nothing to do with the actual legality of the issue.

Just like many people want to have their views of interracial marriage accepted but do not accept the views of those that may feel interracial marriage should not be respected. I'm picking up what you're putting down there, Tink.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join