It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those that think gay marriage is wrong...Moving video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I posted this up for all the people here on ATS that think that gay marriage is wrong. It is a heartbreaking story about discrimination and prejudice.

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I find it funny how those that support gay marriage insist on having their views accepted yet they do not extend that same curtesy to those that may not like it.

Very very hypocritical of them.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I think you are missing the point here. The video is about predujce and you done a mighty fine job of watching a ten minute video in two minutes..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Your not the first person to post that video on a forum you know.

And regardless of the video content my point is still relevant. Its hard to give sympathy to a group that does not extend it to others.

+9 more 
posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I find it funny how those that support gay marriage insist on having their views accepted yet they do not extend that same curtesy to those that may not like it.

Firstly, it's courtesy

Secondly, so, if I am to understand your point of view, then it is hypocritical of a Gay person to want to have the right to marry, like everyone else, but it is not hypocritical of a heterosexual person to claim the right of marriage, but only for people of straight orientation?

Seems like pretty bizarre logic to me.

After all, love is all the same - regardless of race, religion or even sexual orientation. As the video points out (in a very over the top kind of way) this was a genuine relationship and yet the poor guy left behind had absolutely no rights when his partner died - he was even warned to stay away from the funeral! I think everyone, not matter who they are deserves a little more respect and freedom than that.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that gay people do not extend sympathy to others. That is what it seems like to me although i find it hard to believe you are saying that..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Firstly, it's courtesy

Secondly, so, if I am to understand your point of view, then it is hypocritical of a Gay person to want to have the right to marry, like everyone else, but it is not hypocritical of a heterosexual person to claim the right of marriage, but only for people of straight orientation?

After all, love is all the same - regardless of race, religion or even sexual orientation. As the video points out (in a very over the top kind of way) this was a genuine relationship and yet the poor guy left behind had absolutely no rights when his partner died - he was even warned to stay away from the funeral! I think everyone, not matter who they are deserves a little more respect and freedom than that.

You really think all love is the same?

So a 40 yr. old man that falls in love with a 10 yr. old girl is the same as everyone else?

That point right there invalidates your entire post.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying that gay people do not extend sympathy to others. That is what it seems like to me although i find it hard to believe you are saying that..

Many do not.

They wish to have their views of gay marriage accepted but do not accept the views of those that may disagree with it.

It has nothing to do with the actual legality of the issue.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Firstly, it's courtesy

So a 40 yr. old man that falls in love with a 10 yr. old girl is the same as everyone else?

No, you are confusing homosexuality with Pedophilia. We have laws against that and for good reason. I did not mention age as one of the criteria. I said race, religion or sexual orientiation, not race religion, sexual orientation and sexual conduct.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply..
So you have retracted your original statement that this group of people (gays) do not extend sympathy to others. To some of them do not extend sympathy to others.. I guess the same could be said for any group of people.

Heterosexuals, blacks, whites etc...I surmise from this you are not really saying anything at all and your point is mute or in the space of five minutes have changed your mind.. Which is it....

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Firstly, it's courtesy

No, you are confusing homosexuality with Pedophilia. We have laws against that and for good reason. I did not mention age as one of the criteria. I said race, religion or sexual orientiation, not race religion, sexual orientation and sexual conduct.

Actually you said all love is the same.

I pointed out that there is some love that is wrong.

Whether you agree with gay marriage or not you have to admit that there are many people who culturally or on religious reasons simply will not accept it.

Many in the gay community refuse to acknowledge this fact and condemn anyone who disagrees with them. If they want their views to be accepted than they must be willing to accept the views of others also.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply..
So you have retracted your original statement that this group of people (gays) do not extend sympathy to others. To some of them do not extend sympathy to others.. I guess the same could be said for any group of people.

Heterosexuals, blacks, whites etc...I surmise from this you are not really saying anything at all and your point is mute or in the space of five minutes have changed your mind.. Which is it....

No you are correct. There are some homosexuals, and I know many, that have no issue with people that do not agree with their lifestyle.

However, the vast majority of those in the gay community are not so open so yes, its more than just a small percentage. Try going into any gay event and say your against homosexuality and you will have pretty much everyone condemning you for your views.

Very few will actually say they understand why you do agree with them and treat you like an equal.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Maybe a 40 year old man could fall in love with a 10 yr. old girl. It may well be illegal but I am sure it is possible.
Eskimos have 50 words for snow as far as we are aware there is only one word for love. Are you saying there are different types of love. Is gay love for example any different to heterosexual love.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Wow, first post youve ever made that I agree with

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Maybe a 40 year old man could fall in love with a 10 yr. old girl. It may well be illegal but I am sure it is possible.
Eskimos have 50 words for snow as far as we are aware there is only one word for love. Are you saying there are different types of love. Is gay love for example any different to heterosexual love.

I don't know, I've never experienced gay love but I imagine it is no different.

I have no problem with gay marriage and don't really care one way or another whether they get it. I do have a problem with the hypocritical views of many in the gay community however.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Whether you agree with gay marriage or not you have to admit that there are many people who culturally or on religious reasons simply will not accept it.

Many in the gay community refuse to acknowledge this fact and condemn anyone who disagrees with them. If they want their views to be accepted than they must be willing to accept the views of others also.

No, you did not read my sentence correctly, I said that all love is the same regardles of race, religion or even sexual orientation I did not make a blanket statement that all love no matter what is the same.

As a side matter, my very own mother was sexually abused by her sister's husband at the age of 11. I know how wrong pedophilia is, having watched her suffer all her adult life. But pedophilia is not homosexuality people who promote that there is a link between the two are living in cuckoo land. My mother's abuser was a heterosexual man that was married to a woman i.e very definitely not gay. The case example you pointed out of a man loving a young girl is also a heterosexual example of pedophilia i.e. also not gay.

I am merely promoting the concept that 2 consenting and loving adults of legal sexual age should have the same legal rights as anyone else. Why should a person like the one in the video be stripped of all rights when his partner dies?
He not only suffered the painful loss of his soulmate, but he lost out financially as well. This seems totally unfair to me as he is a human being and what did he do wrong in all of this?
edit on 13-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I don't know, I've never experienced gay love but I imagine it is no different.

I have no problem with gay marriage and don't really care one way or another whether they get it. I do have a problem with the hypocritical views of many in the gay community however.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Are you saying in order to be accepted they have to accept the views that they are not accepted. Sounds a little paradoxical to me. Would you say the same for race issues for example. In order to be accepted you have to accept that you are not accepted. That was ok in 1950s America, but it is not considered socially accepted anymore. Is the prejudice we are seeing against gays any different today..?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

No, you did not read my sentence correctly, I said that all love is the same regardles of race, religion or even sexual orientation I did not make a blanket statement that all love no matter what is the same.

As a side matter, my very own mother was sexually abused by her sister's husband at the age of 11. I know how wrong pedophilia is, having watched her suffer all her adult life. But pedophilia is not homosexuality people who promote that there is a link between the two are living in cuckoo land. My mother's abuser was a heterosexual man that was married to a woman i.e very definitely not gay. The case example you pointed out of a man loving a young girl is also a heterosexual example of pedophilia i.e. also not gay.

I am merely promoting the concept that 2 consenting and loving adults of legal sexual age should have the same legal rights as anyone else. Why should a person like the one in the video be stripped of all rights when his partner dies?
He not only suffered the painful loss of his soulmate, but he lost out financially as well. This seems totally unfair to me as he is a human being and what did he do wrong in all of this?
edit on 13-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

So you would have no issue with a brother and sister marrying than I take it?

If gay marriage passes then you will have to extend it to this group. To not do so would be discrimination. Once you break down that barrier incestual marriage and polygamy will have to be allowed.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Are you saying in order to be accepted they have to accept the views that they are not accepted. Sounds a little paradoxical to me. Would you say the same for race issues for example. In order to be accepted you have to accept that you are not accepted. That was ok in 1950s America, but it is not considered socially accepted anymore. Is the prejudice we are seeing against gays any different today..?

Many people may not agree with homosexuality in general and to many in the gay community this is not acceptable to them.

Yet they wish for everyone to accept that they are gay. The actual issue of marriage is not relevant to my point and I apologize for not being more clear.

My sister does not like homosexuality and believes its wrong according to God but she does not wish any of their Civil Rights to be infringed upon. Yet when she openly states her view, and she does quite a lot, she gets scorned as being discriminatory by those in the gay community.

Some have said to her that they understand her views and accept it but most do not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join