It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to OBL's Attack on Red States?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Where is it? What happened? Were you wrong, lying or did God save us? I know... maybe Bush is such a strong leader, OBL backed down. Is that it?

In the final hours of the campaign Republicans across America turned the Internet into an OBL-RNC Al Jazerra network doing Allah's work getting the word out. Osama hates Bush and has threatened America. Any state going red will suffer. Right? That was the RNC message wasn't it? Don't cave to such fear tactics? Isn't that what you said? Over and over, thread after thread. ALERT!!!

Where is it? Sighs of relief all around? I just wanted to mention the sky didn't fall since you were all so "legitimately" concerned for 72 hours, but nobody seems to mention it at all now.

Where's did all the hub-bub and speculation go? Are you all still cowering in your basements red states? You can come out now. The threat is over.

This is Politics & Scandals, not the War on Terror for a reason. Your scandalous behavior is archived. It was nothing but petty politics and that's pretty obvious.

Nice work.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I guess you Liberals bought it! Thank you for being so scared you didn't vote!

Give me a break! The video was an obvious attack on Bush. If the Bush campaign were behind it, they wouldn't have brought up the chaos in the Florida vote nor the fact that Bush didn't react immediately to the WTC planes.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I guess UBL is waiting for the Russians to give him those weapons they smuggled out of Al-QaQaa before the war.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Give me a break! The video was an obvious attack on Bush. If the Bush campaign were behind it, they wouldn't have brought up the chaos in the Florida vote nor the fact that Bush didn't react immediately to the WTC planes.

I'm talking about the MERMI re-translation pushed by the Post and Moonie Times and spread by Drudge and a million man Republican Internet army.

Not the video. It was real. But the re-translation was a joke, not supported by any governement agency. A partisan effort to inlfuence the election.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Let me guess ,did you vote for Kerry? This sounds like another poor loser thread. bottom line is we should all be vigilant in the coming years to prepare for an attack.

Not sure how that video or the translation could have swayed the vote for Bush. Stop reaching for straws that are not there.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by dcgolf

I'm talking about the MERMI re-translation pushed by the Post and Moonie Times and spread by Drudge and a million man Republican Internet army.

Not the video. It was real. But the re-translation was a joke, not supported by any governement agency. A partisan effort to inlfuence the election.

What is a re-translation? Evidently another farce contrived by the Republicans. Any real reason for this post?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You might want to try that thread. More information is coming in, but we haven't heard anything new lately.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I voted for Bush in 2000 and I voted for him again in 2004. I made up my mind early in the campaign that I had no interest in a Kerry presidency.

In both 2000 and 2004 one thing has not changed: Al Qaeda has absolutely no influence on my voting choices. I vote the way I do for reasons that have little to do with terrorism, and a lot to do with competent management and philosophies of government.

There's more, but I hope you get my point. America is being run by Americans, and no one else.

To suggest that Americans were somehow cowed or intimidated by Osama bin Laden's videotape is gross slander of the lowest order.

To do such a thing is to underestimate us, which is unwise.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Rant,

Too much Red , plus you gotta tiptoe over the Blue to get there.
And lets not forget "RED is where the Gun toten' REDnecks live"

He's afraid..

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Where is it? Sighs of relief all around?

Hi Rant. I can't speak for everyone, but I never got
the impression that UBL would attack red states
immediately. And to be honest, I thought the tape
would have people scared and voting for appeasement
and KERRY - not Bush.

You ask where is the attack? I'm sure AS SOON as
UBL is able, he will. The minute he has his hands
on a suitcase nuke, NYC or Tel Aviv will be glowing
in the dark.

YES, he'll attack NYC even though it was BLUE. He
doesn't really care about that. He said he wants to
break America financially, and NYC is the place to do
it - blue or not.

R U moving to Canada or Europe, or will you stay here
in America and start working for a Hillary 2008 election?

It's a beautiful fall day outside. Talk a walk and
enjoy!

(BTW - if the dems had put up Gephardt or Lieberman
instead of Skerry Kerry ... the votes probably would have
turned out very differently!)

[edit on 11/5/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Too much Red , plus you gotta tiptoe over the Blue to get there.

If you look at the map by county .... WOW ... there is a lot more
red than blue. I don't think UBL has enough umph to be able to
blow up all the red.

RED counties = BUSH
BLUE counties = KERRY

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Osama bin Laden's scare tactics to sway the election toward a weaker President (Kerry) obviously didn't work.

Al-Qaeda is doing all that it can to orchestrate another 9/11 and you can rest assured that the US is doing all that it can to prevent that from happening.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I still dont understand how people keep saying this is all republican doing...it doesnt make sense...hell...a 5th grader could have seen OBL was obviously leaning towards Kerry...I just want one person to explain to me how this could hurt Kerry by OBL telling people to vote blue...just one...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
OBL use, or a translators use, of the word "state" was in refrence to a sovreign state (as in country), such as the US, England, Iran, Japan, Autralia.

It was not in refrence to specific US states like Florida, New Jersey, Wyoming, ect.

There was no threat to attack Texas, Montana, Nevada, or any other states that put it's electoral votes to Bush.

This was all whipped up by some pundits trying to spin a few translations in a way to get people to put them on their talks shows and to get people to read thier columns.

OBL was refering mostly to US polcies abroad over the last 30 years or so, which has had both Democrats and Republicans at the helm. Unless we address these we're going to get attacked no matter if the country is red or blue.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
People have to understand that Bin Laden is a terrorist. His threats are only meant to create 'terror/fear/paranoia' which ironically makes more of an impact then actually putting his threats into action.

However, we also have to remember that it hasnt even been a week since Bush was re-elected. Give it some time people.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Rant are you out of your mind, Jesus in the white house will never allowed that to happend, "dear God" he is keeping us save and away from any evil harm, remember we took sadam so we are saffeeeeeee.

This a nation under one god ( or may be two) but we are protected.

Only the blue states will be attack for no having faith in the god in the white house.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
All together now, lets ring in the NWO, cooperate so that we can be at peace.
OBL? He's more alive and well cared for than you and I are.
The elections? A fraud. An illusion.
Kerry? A participant in this fraudulant illusion of battle for the White House.
Nothing is what is appears.
Nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I sure hope security beefs up in Ohio.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
dgtempe, what is the truth then? everyone can have an opinion, but you state your feelings with such conviction, as if you know something the rest of the US does not.

Our country is at peace within it's own borders, and that is what matters to me. I do not care how many die each day in Angola, or Iraq or in Chechnya. I worry about the homeless in America, and give them a dollar when i can. That is what concerns me.

Kerry being a CIA puppet I could swallow, but only in a Clancy novel. I think 130 or so million voters would like to have a word with you about the illusion of the election.

The attack will come, in time. According to their agenda, not ours.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The alleged attacks on USA prior to elections was just typical propaganda to instill fear in the population to vote for Bush. The threats were never that real in the first place, but good PR for stirring up people who believe that the 'sky is falling'. This seems to happen alot with you people [commies in every closet /terrorist in every closet] . Why is that?

The fact that it played so well and worked , shows how vulnerable you electorate is to PR gimics. You should know better than to vote on your fears. Republicans know how to play the American voters real well

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join