It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by gosseyn

What this woman did was abandon her oath and the other mothers and fathers serving their country. Last I checked, you voluntarily sign your life over to Uncle Sam.

The sentence was justified.

What she should have done is to turn her self pity into pride. That she is protecting millions upon millions of baby girls. No, she abandoned her oath to protect the 310 million souls to the best of her ability.

I guess the children of this country didn't matter much, the ones she is protecting or rather was until just abandoned them.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

anyone else just do this ?????????????? after reading this post? This guy still thinks that our invasion of the middle east is the U.S.A protecting its citizens?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by evelblood
reply to post by lupodigubbio

dude! what does Christianity have to do with it? She swore an oath. Now she's gotta pay just be happy im not a prison guard at the stockade she's going to. This story made me happy today knowing that sometimes justice is served.

I'm glade you're not either. As an MP, if I heard or saw you utter or write something like that, I'd have you out on a bad conduct discharge so fast it would make your head spin.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Yes because she's procreating and as i said she will have her hand out for welfare. This woman is done as a useful TAXPAYING member of society the only thing left now is stick a fork in her. I also noticed that my harsh reality viewpoints aren't going over well?! What's the point of having a conspiracy forum if posters aren't allowed extremist views?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

no you wouldn't for a few reasons.

I would keep that opinion to myself

You don't appear to be the sort of person that would serve in the military so i wouldn't have to deal with you.

sorry i hurt your feelings

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoMuslim

LOL i missed that arguing with the other guy but hehe oh boy! Syria is up next!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

no you wouldn't for a few reasons.

I would keep that opinion to myself

You don't appear to be the sort of person that would serve in the military so i wouldn't have to deal with you.

sorry i hurt your feelings

Oh, yes I would, and Have. you didn't hurt my feelings, you just have a lack of common sense, honor, integrity. So yes, I would have put you out on your ass. Pro tip: you would not have been the first.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sickening thread. Mentally deranged warmongers.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

you sound mad?

You wouldn't have done anything of the sort because long before that I would have socially engineered your downfall. I can already tell you're far too emotional so you would have been an easy target.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
Some of the replies here give me goosebumps, and not in the good way.
A lot of good candidates here for deployment though, that's for sure..the military needs cold, ruthless, merciless hearts.
edit on 12-5-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

I've deployed more than once, and have no pity nor sympathy for her, to many have tried this tack, she signed the contract she knew Military Law. She knew it would come to this when she ran, Canada turns over deserters.Since the U.S went none conscript, Canada began returning runners.

weird because you are all over the map on this issue. I hope your not currently a police officer the police are supposed to enforce the law and remain objective.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

you sound mad?

You wouldn't have done anything of the sort because long before that I would have socially engineered your downfall. I can already tell you're far too emotional so you would have been an easy target.

Sound? Didn't know you were so emotionally in tune that you could discern tone, from text. Many such as your self have tried and failed. You do poor "Psyops" Drop in a ten dollar word here, and keep your responses short and crisp. Any more than a paragraph and your true intellect would begin to show.

Impassioned yes, emotional, no. I did my job for a long time, I've seen plenty of smart mouth hatemongers come and go. I do not think you have ever served, and if you did, Posts like the one you made before would have been brought up as part of psychological screening all Military Members have to go through.

You see, the reason I don't think you have ever joined, is because you made a rookie mistake. At least it would have been, had I still been in. In your profile, The military would have a copy of the E-Mail you used to make the account on this thread. As part of my job, A few times a month I'd randomly select lower enlisted members and Google them.

Like I said, had I seen this post, I would have recommend you for a bad conduct discharge, you are the sort the military can ill afford. You would give us a bad name.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

And here's the punchline:

Now the United States Army has sentenced Rivera to 10 months behind bars, where she will give birth to her fifth child Read more: www.care2.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
Some of the replies here give me goosebumps, and not in the good way.
A lot of good candidates here for deployment though, that's for sure..the military needs cold, ruthless, merciless hearts.
edit on 12-5-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

I've deployed more than once, and have no pity nor sympathy for her, to many have tried this tack, she signed the contract she knew Military Law. She knew it would come to this when she ran, Canada turns over deserters.Since the U.S went none conscript, Canada began returning runners.

weird because you are all over the map on this issue. I hope your not currently a police officer the police are supposed to enforce the law and remain objective.

Really? how am I all over the map, I've brought up the USMCJ, and how should could have been charged for more crimes. I didn't Change any thing I've said she got what she deserved and got off lucky in the end. nothing more.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If you believe this sentence is outrageous, and that Kimberly Rivera is being punished for acting honorably and courageously,
please sign the petition, demanding that she be released from prison and reunited with her husband and children.

Read more: www.care2.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I do not really feel for this women at all. she took the job she has been collecting a check for doing this the past years. I know its hard on vets once they have went in this ordeal. was she so brain dead that she thinks to sign up for the US military that she would not be brought into combat? has she been signing her name to them checks? is she getting benefits from the military? that would be our tax money that paid her to do a job. how do you feel about paying for a person to do a job then not do the job? you take your money back right?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

dude you served as an mp driving a jeep around at a back in the rear base while the real soldiers were slugging it out with the enemy. I can tell you were never an officer and have serious anger issues and emotional trauma. All I did here was state an opinion and right away you jumped up on me like a typical fat cop. Emails? huh? sheesh you have got to be out of your freakin mind !

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
After reading the article it sounds like to me that she has PTSD.

**She went to war already, and faced trials that most people never imagine. She stated that the little girl haunts her soul!!** Again I repeat, She has been to war already......

She was traumatized. She said that if she went back she was scared that she would possibly put someone in danger. That is a symptom of PTSD.

She should have never went AWOL true. But the fact is, nobody ever recognized her fear and symptoms and got her the help she obviously needed. The Chaplain did not do his job correctly. He should have notified her chain of command or set her up with other counseling.

When one signs up for the military many times they do not know what they are getting themselves into. She figured it out after her first deployment didn't she?

She will get out of jail in less than a year and be on her merry way....hopefully she will get the help she needs while being locked up....This is very sad....

All the people who say she gets what she deserves have a hardened heart.

Would you want to go to war with someone who wonders if they could pull the trigger? I could not. Yes, I too am an Army Vet...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Okay, I really want to know your reasoning behind this!

I understand that deserting your fellow conscripts is not a good thing to do. But signature or no signature, to continue to follow a cause which no longer has the same context as you were originally told is the same as nazi soldiers in prison camps "Just following orders", not in such an extreme manor, but it's the same fundamental reasoning.

You need to understand, they signed up in faith that they would be fighting to protect their families, friends and children, not the Commercial interests of Congress.

Name just one Iraqi Terrorist attack within the USA in the last ten years. If Iraq came to America as a superior power and kept battling and bombing Americans despite already killing a dictator who kills it's own people (imagining America was run by Saddam Hussein), wouldn't you be just a little upset that families are not being also protected and compensated by invaders who are supposed to be there to prevent further bloodshed against it's own innocent inhabitants?

Or are you just writing them all off as potential terrorists and combatants?

Remember Independence Day, and what it means.
edit on 12/5/13 by mrbeardo42 because: typo

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You see, the reason I don't think you have ever joined, is because you made a rookie mistake. At least it would have been, had I still been in. In your profile, The military would have a copy of the E-Mail you used to make the account on this thread. As part of my job, A few times a month I'd randomly select lower enlisted members and Google them.

LOL you are crazy!! How would the military know about my account on ATS unless i told them. Does the military have a divine crystal ball now for weeding out enlistees? You would google lower enlisted members for what reason? When they joined the military a criminal quarry check was done so you googling enlisted members is a complete waste of time. Thanks heard enough and have now built a profile on you, i'll just keep it to myself and not expose other members to my harsh opinion.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by evelblood

My first tour I did convoy security, and foot patrols. also I've never been fat a day in my life. Roflmao, your comebacks are getting weaker and weaker. Still, you still don't type or act like you have ever served a day in your life.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
For Those against this mother, also remember, The only reason America has all this new weaponry is mainly thanks to the Nazi Scientists and their families that they excused, shipped here, and employed for the last 50 years.

and you think American Leaderships have no hidden agendas? Once again, The Nazi Threat was over, yet they still decided to continue to develop technology as a military nation with no immediate threats or enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join