It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by gosseyn

What this woman did was abandon her oath and the other mothers and fathers serving their country. Last I checked, you voluntarily sign your life over to Uncle Sam.

The sentence was justified.

What she should have done is to turn her self pity into pride. That she is protecting millions upon millions of baby girls. No, she abandoned her oath to protect the 310 million souls to the best of her ability.

I guess the children of this country didn't matter much, the ones she is protecting or rather was until just abandoned them.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Oh yes, please do remind us of the Iraqi threat to our children. I can hardly sleep at night because I feel oh so threatened by the Iraqi menace. They are so jealous of our freedumb and demockracy, that's why Iraqi's have been relentlessly threatening our children and attacking our shores.

Some people are so dumb...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i'm dumbfounded by how many people are objecting to a human changing because of her compassion for other humans. "she broke her oath" yeah, she grew a conscious.

she's quite guilty...of refusing to perpetuate senseless violence.

I am shocked as well. The woman had a change of conscience, kind of like a change of religion. When she enlisted she was fully willing to serve and go to war. She DID. Being there, she became aware that her preconceptions were not based in, you know, reality, so she had a change of conscience. She sought counsel from a chaplain on what to do, but unfortunately was given poor advise. She sounds like a true conscientious objector to me and has no business being behind bars just because she didn't know that there were procedures to follow (that she sought info on) so she would not be forced to violate her conscience.

This reminds me of certain countries where one is born into their religion and not allowed to change it or face imprisonment or death.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Let me ask, if you had a family member go to prison for whatever reason, would be there to support them, or leave them rot in the system?

Do you cheer them and egg them on when they go to commit crimes, because they are your family members? The "supporting the troops" is no different from that.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Some people are so dumb...

Or plain evil.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

On the one hand, how would it be if we were threatened and half our military decided not to fight?

How about the "well-regulated militia" that the second amendment envisages?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by gosseyn

What this woman did was abandon her oath and the other mothers and fathers serving their country. Last I checked, you voluntarily sign your life over to Uncle Sam.

The sentence was justified.

What she should have done is to turn her self pity into pride. That she is protecting millions upon millions of baby girls. No, she abandoned her oath to protect the 310 million souls to the best of her ability.

I guess the children of this country didn't matter much, the ones she is protecting or rather was until just abandoned them.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

They should have sentenced her to life in prison imho women shouldn't be allowed in combat roles and in the military period.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is my opinion...she joined the military; realized she make a mistake in joining...that mentally and emotionally she could not handle it. She wants out...so she runs to Canada...they refuse her...so she comes back to the U.S. knowing she will do time in prison...being in prison is her other way out.

She wants out of the military...and I think she knew...either Canada would accept her...or she would go to prison...either way she is out...and that is what she wants.

As I am typing this I am thinking too...after she serves the 10 months...will the military discharge her...or make her serve again?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Well folks, there is this thing women some times do in the military. Usually her unit got a warning order, which means 1-6 months until deployment. Some women, will purposely get pregnant in order to get out of duty. This had become such a problem, when I was in the new orders and Military laws were being looked at.

This is the result, of what others before her had done, and some will try and continue to do. She signed a contract, we are not a conscripted Military anymore. We step up, when other do not, we give up rights to do so. We are also given warnings and classes concerning the USMCJ ( Uniform Code of Military Justice).

She got pregnant, to try and get out of duty, when it became clear, she was going to go any ways, she ran. She was lucky, I can think of a dozen military laws she could have been charged with. Also remember she knew what she was getting into when she signed up. I feel bad for her kids, they are going to have to life with her disgrace.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I see that you only see this issue through a black & white lens.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are/were a sham and it's only natural that some will awaken and realize this.

The only people that should be sentenced to prison are the politicians who got us into these wars in the first place!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow, this is like the UK, as in what George Osbourne, Iain Duncan Smith and David Cameron are doing to parents, forcing them to work, even if disabled. mentally unwell, from abusive marriages/partners/rapists who will not be able to afford to have their children looked after for them even of they do find work, basically unless you are brain dead, limbless, and living in the UK, you must work (so they can put all your taxes into their warmongering and secret offshore bank accounts (because the banks won't give them an more money, and they cannot afford the interest to pay for anything but public working class welfare and supporting the private sector.

I myself have found work after two years of desperate searching and marriage after redundancy, and I know that my wife (a mentally damaged, with serious anxiety disorder, divorcee and escapee of a violent father and husband who did unspeakable things to her and menatally damaged her children), that I will never have enough money to support the family even if we both work! The minimum wage is far below any living wage, and I have worked hard all my life. My wife has also, looking after he children, and has a mSC degree. She is not getting the help she needed to recover from her past life. The NHS and Social Services and local councils are now total financial and administrative failures due to devastating funding cuts, whilst the government gives it's money to unwanted security measures, foreign aid to nations that it also wages war on.

And they all blam it on the "low public spending", "welfare crooks", and "The Terrorism Threat".

Terrorism: The London Bombings were proved not to be from a terrorist group, and even the Chief of the Metropolitan Police QUIT because of the sheer amount of lies and corruption involved

Low Public Spending:
Low Income of the working class who just want be able to put bread on the table and save their family from going mentally ill from depression due to not ahving the money to even go on small inland holidays.

The Terrorism Threat:
al Queada (sic) died out many years ago, and were initiated by the CIA anyway.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Some of the replies here give me goosebumps, and not in the good way.
A lot of good candidates here for deployment though, that's for sure..the military needs cold, ruthless, merciless hearts.
edit on 12-5-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
A lot of good candidates here for deployment though, that's for sure..the military needs cold, ruthless, merciless hearts.

I've deployed more than once, and have no pity nor sympathy for her, to many have tried this tack, she signed the contract she knew Military Law. She knew it would come to this when she ran, Canada turns over deserters.Since the U.S went none conscript, Canada began returning runners.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That she is protecting millions upon millions of baby girls. No, she abandoned her oath to protect the 310 million souls to the best of her ability.

Protecting? Protecting... from what exactly?? There were no W.M.D in Iraq, therefore there was no reason to go over there and kill 123,000 innocent civilians. Deny ignorance.
edit on 12-5-2013 by NeuronDivide because: typos

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

I've deployed more than once, and have no pity nor sympathy for her, to many have tried this tack, she signed the contract she knew Military Law. She knew it would come to this when she ran, Canada turns over deserters.Since the U.S went none conscript, Canada began returning runners.

hahah exactly, I'm sure you don't. Thank you for volunteering as an example to prove my point.
Btw, are you a Christian? Curious.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137

hahah exactly, I'm sure you don't. Thank you for volunteering as an example to prove my point.
Btw, are you a Christian? Curious.

No, I'm not. I'm a former Military Police Officer, which is why I said what I did above.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by evelblood
reply to post by NeuronDivide

doesn't matter she swore an oath I hope she dies in prison because when she gets out she'll have her hand out for every govt benefit in the book.

you hope she dies out in prison?....Alright, that's my cue to leaving this thread.
Seek the light you guys.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

dude! what does Christianity have to do with it? She swore an oath. Now she's gotta pay just be happy im not a prison guard at the stockade she's going to. This story made me happy today knowing that sometimes justice is served.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by evelblood
reply to post by NeuronDivide

doesn't matter she swore an oath I hope she dies in prison because when she gets out she'll have her hand out for every govt benefit in the book.

you hope she dies out in prison?....Alright, that's my cue to leaving this thread.
Seek the light you guys.

I may be for the punishment she got, but not death. I hope you don't ever break the law, because some fool is going to be in here telling all who will hear that you should die for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join