It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

What about the consequences for her children? or dont they matter so long as we get to PUNISH someone?

I didn't write the Laws, nor did I break them.

She did.

She made a mistake that's going to cost her, and her family. Its the price she pays for embracing ignorance.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

She did this to herself and to her children. Not willing to die for others? Military was a bad choice, a choice she had to go out of her way to make.

It cost tax payers a lot of money to support her, money she stole by going AWOL.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
i find it farcical,how those applauding this woman's imprisonment,
are no doubt highly "sane" devotees of the american consumer cult
which being a mere 3.4% of the worlds population uses up
[and mostly wastes] 1/3 of the worlds resources

they should be honest and say it clearly
"how dare this evol traitor endanger are cheap oil and cheap consumer products earned
by murdering and looting the rest of the planet"

Yes, many people don't connect the points. Monday they are angry at the government, Tuesday they are happy to support its decisions, Wednesday they applaud this or that documentary that shows how deep the bs is, Thursday they want to slap someone who has the courage to stand and say no, Friday they see their neighbour with a big expensive car and they want a bigger and more expensive one, Saturday they drink and they sleep, Sunday they go to church.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
She signed on the line.... It's too late to go AWOL and run from it.

I respect her stand...right up to the point where she may get the idea, stands can come without consequence. Take the price for taking the stand and it means something. Take the stand and then try to avoid the price, evident before doing it? It's being a weasel.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by VoidHawk

She did this to herself and to her children. Not willing to die for others? Military was a bad choice, a choice she had to go out of her way to make.

It cost tax payers a lot of money to support her, money she stole by going AWOL.

I think those that believe this is an outrage should put there money and time into helping raise these kids, while she serves her Prison term.

Did she enter the armed services for the paycheck, to serve her Country, or to raise her children?

Only someone with the right state of mind, can juggle the responsibility's, and understand the consequences of it all. She obviously didn't get it. Hard lesson to learn unfortunately.

+15 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
its disturbing how many people here think that the camouflaged thugs in iraq are somehow defending this country....what a bunch of narrow minded and blinded buffoons..

NOBODY IS DEFENDING THIS COUNTRY WHILE IN THE MIDDLE EAST.

this country needs to be "defended" and protected from itself starting from within with all the corrupt gestapo like police forces running this circus..

to all those people who were fooled or had no choice but to sign their souls away to the military of this country...let me say this again...YOU ARE NOT PROTECTING ME OR MY RIGHTS IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER..PERIOD..i dare you to prove me otherwise..

go ahead...

bunch of thick skulled goons

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Originally posted by TheMagus
i find it farcical,how those applauding this woman's imprisonment,
are no doubt highly "sane" devotees of the american consumer cult
which being a mere 3.4% of the worlds population uses up
[and mostly wastes] 1/3 of the worlds resources

they should be honest and say it clearly
"how dare this evol traitor endanger are cheap oil and cheap consumer products earned
by murdering and looting the rest of the planet"

Yes, many people don't connect the points. Monday they are angry at the government, Tuesday they are happy to support its decisions, Wednesday they applaud this or that documentary that shows how deep the bs is, Thursday they want to slap someone who has the courage to stand and say no, Friday they see their neighbour with a big expensive car and they want a bigger and more expensive one, Saturday they drink and they sleep, Sunday they go to church.

indeed, the ways of the "sane" are mysterious...

and have consequences

you should change your byline to "GO INSANE" Methinks

edit on 11-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added comment

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq
reply to post by gosseyn

This is a tough one. On the one hand, how would it be if we were threatened and half our military decided not to fight? On the other, Iraq wasn't even a threat to the U.S. in the beginning, never mind in 2007.

Yup, a tough one.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
all the united states military is doing is OCCUPYING another country ILLEGALLY based on some made up fears of simple tribal men living in caves..just because "uncle sam" said a rag headed man living in a cave was responsible for 9/11

take off the blinders...USA was responsbile for 9/11 and every other major "instigator" attack to ever happen on this god forsaken country...including pearl harbor...

i bet all those empty headed goons were foaming at the mouth and thumping their chests to get some "action" so these fools with the IQ of a sea sponge go ahead and invade another country and patrol their streets and bomb their homes...

all in the name of protecting us?....from what?...look at sandy hook look at aurora..look at boston...

LOL who are you protecting us from? lmao! carry on soldier...the world is better off without you anyway

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki66
This "pregnant mother of 4" joined the army during the middle of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts solely for financial gain and then went AWOL rather than deploy a second time. She was sentenced to prison for going AWOL, not for refusing to deploy. She got the deserved punishment and should do her time and get on with her life. I have no sympathy for her.

That's a good point, though I do have sympathy for her. She went AWOL because she probably couldn't think of any other alternative. Having already served one tour in Iraq she should have been able to come to some kind of agreement with the military. I'm curious as to why we need people to serve more than one tour. Are we that short on soldiers?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

All do respect but, that rock you live under, in that cave, hasn't done your wisdom much good. Actually, I think it's made you a bit ... off.

The things you said are very offensive, and there isn't much I can say, respectfully, in return.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
What about the consequences for her children?

Well, she should have thought of them before signing up... But oh no, she cannot be held responsible for her decisions, it must be someone else's fault!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

They used to shoot deserters. She should consider herself Lucky.

Unfortunately when you sign that Contract and take the Oath you belong to them to do with you as they see fit.

Working against her is the Fact that she completed 1 tour already. If she had in fact been a Conscientious Objector she would have never enlisted to start with.

My point is that is is VERY EASY to be motivated by Money, but, If you are going to take that money and sign a Contract, you are Bound by that Contract to completion.

I am sorry I have no sympathy. Not after seeing all of the other service members, both men and women, who have died and left their children parentless.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

its disturbing how many people here think that the camouflaged thugs in iraq are somehow defending this country....what a bunch of narrow minded and blinded buffoons..

Comments like that are what is 'disturbing'.

Soldiers don't start wars the civilian commander in chief does people do need to make the distinction,.

On topic she joined what did she think the military is for?

Get a paycheck, and do nothing in return?

That is on her.

Oh, and BTW the only thing soldiers fight for on the battlefield is the person next to them, and to come home, anyone trying to make it more than that?

Never been on one.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Let me know when you know something I can list. We are so good at our jobs the only thing you have to worry about is that Gestapo Police of yours.

I look at civilian ignorance with pride. We are so damn blessed and lethal, you only have to worry about internal corruption, politics.

Aren't worried about religious extremist? We are doing a damn fine job.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Comments like that are what is 'disturbing'.

Soldiers don't start wars the civilian commander in chief does people do need to make the distinction,.

On topic she joined what did she think the military is for?

Get a paycheck, and do nothing in return?

That is on her.

Oh, and BTW the only thing soldiers fight for on the battlefield is the person next to them, and to come home, anyone trying to make it more than that?

Never been on one.

thank you for proving that these "soldiers" dont fight for anything else but themselves...to try and get the "hero" status...most of them are already [snipped] in society, and cant contribute anything to help this country in the real world..pathetic

and when they sign up they know clearly that at one time or another they might have to kill an innocent person trying to defend their country from the invaders...so yea they are just as responsible as the "civilian" commanders...they are just dumb enough to be on the "expendable" side..unlike their "civilian" counterparts
edit on Sat May 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Let me know when you know something I can list. We are so good at our jobs the only thing you have to worry about is that Gestapo Police of yours.

lol

i dont have ANYTHING to worry about buddy...

trust me..im just trying to speak for the rest of us NON solider and police worshiping sheep..

i hail doctors, garbage men, and land scapers in HIGHER regards than the camo thugs and the domestic gestapo..

because they do more service to this country rather than work towards enslaving us all
FACT
edit on 11-5-2013 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

thank you for proving that these "soldiers" dont fight for anything else but themselves...to try and get the "hero" status...most of them are already F%& ups in society, and cant contribute anything to help this country in the real world..pathetic

and when they sign up they know clearly that at one time or another they might have to kill an innocent person trying to defend their country from the invaders...so yea they are just as responsible as the "civilian" commanders...they are just dumb enough to be on the "expendable" side..unlike their "civilian" counterparts

There is another disturbing commnet, that quite of few of them would take issue with.

Talk about contributing 'nothing' would be those who sit in the rear with the gear, and belittle them.

Unlike some I thank those who do serve ever wonder how that 'right to free speech' was earned, and maintained?

Probably not.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have sympathy for her kids but not her. The reality is that the military typically doesn't make agreements with soldiers about their possible deployment (as well they shouldn't). I didn't see any indication that she attempted any other way of getting out of the military other that running offto Canada.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join