It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Mom Of 4 Sentenced To Prison For Refusing To Serve In Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

i hail doctors, garbage men, and land scapers in HIGHER regards than the camo thugs and the domestic gestapo.. because they do more service to this country rather than work towards enslaving us all FACT

That is what the military does:

Take out someone else's trash.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ooYODAoo

thank you for proving that these "soldiers" dont fight for anything else but themselves...to try and get the "hero" status...most of them are already F%& ups in society, and cant contribute anything to help this country in the real world..pathetic

and when they sign up they know clearly that at one time or another they might have to kill an innocent person trying to defend their country from the invaders...so yea they are just as responsible as the "civilian" commanders...they are just dumb enough to be on the "expendable" side..unlike their "civilian" counterparts

There is another disturbing commnet, that quite of few of them would take issue with.

Talk about contributing 'nothing' would be those who sit in the rear with the gear, and belittle them.

Unlike some I thank those who do serve ever wonder how that 'right to free speech' was earned, and maintained?

Probably not.

so then that makes two of us eh?

i was BORN with my freedom of speech buddy, no one won it for me or granted it to me...no one fought for it..i was BORN with it as a god given birth right...

unlike the thugs you worship who are working towards stripping those rights inch by inch millimeter by millimeter..

when this country is invaded then we might give those who fight some credit....however in this current day and age...

i salute my fellow garbage men, and mail men..

i salute the cashier at walmart

i salute the janitor at my kids school

i salute the bus driver

i salute the plumber

i salute the sewage worker

its time we give credit to the real heroes...and not the faux ones

edit on 11-5-2013 by ooYODAoo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by VoidHawk
What about the consequences for her children?

Well, she should have thought of them before signing up... But oh no, she cannot be held responsible for her decisions, it must be someone else's fault!

"it must be someone else's fault!"

Did I say that? DId I even suggest it was someone else's fault?

NO I DIDN'T You made that up!

My only concern was for the children something that you and those who think like you clearly don't care about.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

From the sounds of it you have Never done any Military Service OR Civil Service.

Your kind really bothers me because I have seen your kind before.

In the 60's and early 70's it was your kind that Protested Vietnam and made those soldiers who came home feel like they didn't belong and that they were useless pieces of crap after putting their lives on the line.

It really is too bad that we don't have to do Military Service after we Graduate High School. Maybe then your kind might have a different perspective.

link   

link   

i was BORN with my freedom of speech buddy, no one won it for me or granted it to me...no one fought for it..i was BORN with it as a god given birth right...

Too funny

unlike the thugs you worship who are working towards stripping those rights inch by inch millimeter by millimeter.

Sorry don't worship politicians are they are the only ones who are going around 'stripping rights'.

i salute me fellow garbage men, and mail men..

Really salute union thugs who make more than military serviceman?

A lot of corruption, and MURDER, extortion,racketeering that is well known.

Salute those THUGS?

Interesting.

Oh when this country is invaded I can guess who will be the first hiding behind the police, and the military to 'come save' them.

UNION THUGS ARE REAL HEROES!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh.
edit on 11-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

What about the consequences for her children? or dont they matter so long as we get to PUNISH someone?

No, the children don't matter. The justice system, civilian and military, puts criminals in prison all the time. Some of those criminals are parents. It is unfortunate for their children, but the culpability of that misfortune lies with the criminal parent, not with the justice system.

BTW, this particular criminal didn't refuse a second deployment. She never finished her first one. She got leave for supposed "marital issues," then she and her husband ran off to Canada where they and their ever-increasing brood were supported by the generosity of the Canadian taxpayer. Her chaplain never explained conscientious objection because she wasn't a conscientious objector, that's the cover story she came up with afterwards. One of her kids spilled the beans to Marie Claire:

That evening over a take-out dinner, Kim's kindergartner, Christian, suddenly puts down his pizza to announce, "My mommy was a soldier. She had to make a choice: Go home or die." Kim freezes midbite, her eyes widening. Christian prattles on. "She chose to come home to her family. She didn't want to die. Her job was guarding the gate. Now someone else does it."

sithwest.blogspot.com...

That's why she deserted. She wanted someone else to shoulder the task she had volunteered (and been paid handsomely) for.

+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

From the sounds of it you have Never done any Military Service OR Civil Service.

Your kind really bothers me because I have seen your kind before.

In the 60's and early 70's it was your kind that Protested Vietnam and made those soldiers who came home feel like they didn't belong and that they were useless pieces of crap after putting their lives on the line.

It really is too bad that we don't have to do Military Service after we Graduate High School. Maybe then your kind might have a different perspective.

you are either too old or too young based on the above post you just made....

let me guess "your kind" still thinks we had business in going to nam, and your kind thinks that big ole bad sadam and master mind osama were any real threats to this country?

i come from a country where military enrollment is MANDATORY after highschool, i was at a military camp cutting sugar cane and digging holes for 5 years...

and guess what i still retained my individuality and my sense of logic and common sense...

thankfully my country didnt inject me with 20 different untested and unknown chemicals...

you can keep your military you can keep your wars buddy, until you live in a country AFFECTED by it...then all you are talking is out of your red white and blue ass...

when your country is the one occupied you get to see just how nice and fair and democratic uncle sam really is...

god bless 'merica

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I had you figured by your second post. Thanks for confirming.

Disgruntled military ditch digger. Guess what, we all dig ditches. Just here in America that red, white, and blue represents something.

Thank God my country hasn't had to experience a ravished world, and one of those reasons is because of the military's dedication and of course the civilian support, innocence, and love makes you fight harder.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I was going to post, but I had you figured by your second post. Thanks for confirming.

you still haven't answered my question.....but i had that figured from the beginning as well

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
frankly she deserves what she is getting and more. like someone mentioned at one time they shot deserters, not that i feel she deserves THAT, but doing such a short time is getting of rather easy. i think a better sentence would be the rest of her time left of her enlistment from the day she went AWOL, plus a year or so.

you know i would have had more sympathy for her if she had joined BEFORE the iraq war, and had refused to serve based on she felt it was an unjust war. but no she joined while it was going on, and so that was obviously not the case. lets look at her reasoning for refusing to go back.

“I had a huge awakening seeing the war as it truly is: people losing their lives for greed of a nation, and the effects on the soldiers who come back with new problems such as nightmares, anxieties, depression, anger, alcohol abuse, missing limbs and scars from burns. Some don’t come back at all.” Read more: www.care2.com...

was she somehow under the impression that soldiers did not suffer from grievous wounds, death, dismemberment and mental issues?
i find that hard to believe. that is all part of being a soldier in combat, and she should have expected that since she was joining up during a war she would likely see combat. so i don't see that as an excuse at all. as for her claim of "awakening to seeing the war as driven by greed", that is fine it just means not reenlisting once she had served her time. that is something she should have thought about before joining.

as for people whining that her sentence will be hard on her kids, a couple points. at least she will be back with them in 10 months, i'm sure that while she was serving she was gone BY HER CHOICE by enlisting, at least that long. so why is this supposed to be a cruel hardship forced on her and her family?
and second they can be thankful that she is there at all, it could have easily been that she was killed by her choice of enlisting. so i don't see any reason to feel bad for her on account of the whole 10 months she will be safe in a prison.

personally i suspect she joined up figuring that since she was a woman and a mommy, that she would not see combat and would be a nice way to get a buck, and most likely to pay for education as that is one of the big reasons for joining up. then she found herself in a war zone and realized that her life was in danger, and and chickened out before her next deployment and ran.

she deserves NO SYMPATHY just SCORN.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

i come from a country where military enrollment is MANDATORY after highschool, i was at a military camp cutting sugar cane and digging holes for 5 years...

So what country then?

Gonna sit there, and trash talk the US only right to state your home country.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo
thank you for proving that these "soldiers" dont fight for anything else but themselves...to try and get the "hero" status...most of them are already F%& ups in society, and cant contribute anything to help this country in the real world..pathetic

The military's pretty selective. Intelligence tests, background checks, and medical exams are all required before you can enlist. Even if we ignore the officer corps and the high AFQT branches, and just look at the trades like construction, laundry, and food service, you're going to find a higher "class" of person than their civilian counterparts. They will be, on average, better educated and have fewer criminal records. They will also be healthier and therefore more reliable and physically capable, etc.

That said, no system can perfectly predict human behavior. Occasionally the wrong person slips through. Case in point, the subject of this thread.

(You're probably trolling -- Yoda is nothing more than a Jedi troll, after all -- but sometimes trolling should be answered.)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki66
reply to post by jiggerj

I have sympathy for her kids but not her. The reality is that the military typically doesn't make agreements with soldiers about their possible deployment (as well they shouldn't). I didn't see any indication that she attempted any other way of getting out of the military other that running offto Canada.

Well, I was trying to be polite by not saying this, but I suppose I have to. The girl doesn't look all that smart. She's a baby-making machine with probably the IQ of a young teen herself. So, when I said she probably couldn't think of any other alternative, I meant it.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Honestly I don't think we had any business going into nam, but OUR Government did. My support was with OUR Troops and it ALWAYS Has been.

The "Talking Heads" are who have Control. We NEED to support those who have been led down the trail by the Puppet Masters.

It does not make it right though we are in this together.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Honestly I don't think we had any business going into nam, but OUR Government did. My support was with OUR Troops and it ALWAYS Has been.

The "Talking Heads" are who have Control. We NEED to support those who have been led down the trail by the Puppet Masters.

It does not make it right though we are in this together.

But if you support what the troops do 100% then the twats in power will keep sending the troops out to places they dont belong....

Dont get me wrong i respect what they endure but i dont support the wars. I dont blame the troops for those wars as they dont get to descide but i dont support the war effort.
edit on 11-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by gosseyn

What this woman did was abandon her oath and the other mothers and fathers serving their country. Last I checked, you voluntarily sign your life over to Uncle Sam.

The sentence was justified.

What she should have done is to turn her self pity into pride. That she is protecting millions upon millions of baby girls. No, she abandoned her oath to protect the 310 million souls to the best of her ability.

I guess the children of this country didn't matter much, the ones she is protecting or rather was until just abandoned them.

Maybe if the actions of the armed forces were ACTUALLY protecting ANYONE on American soil the woman would have felt better about being a member.

It's incredibly dishonest to claim anyone in Iraq or Afghanistan is protecting America. Their oath was violated the second they followed their first order over there.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There's nothing like seeing videos of Americans waving flags and saying support the troops.

I don't want to be called a hero and I'm not, I'm being paid.

However, I want to know the American people love me for loving them. You don't know what that does for moral in a war zone when you see flags, yellow banners, and signs supporting us.

Obviously, you were stuck in some kind of concentration camp.

Volunteering as a fighting man, and being loved for it, is he greatest feeling in the world. Such pride. You feel you can do anything as long as you have the people at your back. Youre invincible. This helps keep us the strongest military in the world.

Obviously, you wouldn't understand. Nor do you care too.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just a pleasant, but serious reminder folks. Let's please keep the comments focused upon the subject of the OP and not upon each other.

Failure to post with courtesy and decorum can and will result in removed posts and / or loss of posting privileges.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hefficide

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

The military's pretty selective. Intelligence tests, background checks, and medical exams are all required before you can enlist. Even if we ignore the officer corps and the high AFQT branches, and just look at the trades like construction, laundry, and food service, you're going to find a higher "class" of person than their civilian counterparts. They will be, on average, better educated and have fewer criminal records. They will also be healthier and therefore more reliable and physically capable, etc.

That said, no system can perfectly predict human behavior. Occasionally the wrong person slips through. Case in point, the subject of this thread.

(You're probably trolling -- Yoda is nothing more than a Jedi troll, after all -- but sometimes trolling should be answered.)

i dont know what above average folks you are reffering to..

not in todays world...

heres a list of the usual make up of an infantry unit in the united states military

misdemeanor offenders

gang members

poor lower class

high school drop outs

dope smokers

ego maniacs

etc...

i dont know what army movies you have been watching but the sad reality is that the majority who sign up for the military are life F%# ups...looking to get another chance because they cant function anywhere else in society..

this comes from personal experience, however im not stupid enough to tell you how i know this...

and slowly more and more "vets" are waking up to the bull crap that this countries military dwells in

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join