It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Marriage Announcement

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow!!

This is one of the things I love about ATS.

Congratulations to the both of you. I pray for both of you, peace and contentment.

Ya think Springer will throw you guys a party?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by nenothtu

Pics or it didn't happen.

You know, it was like a Bigfoot sighting - it happened so fast, I didn't think to get my cell phone out!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

congratulations Old Warrior!
my increasing,albeit at first,grudgingly estimation of you, has gone up a bit.
[excuse the familiarity, as i know you from a "past life"
]

reply to post by OpinionatedB

and much joy and happiness to you both!

i hate to be a pest, but your services [translation and opinionwise] may be required
here www.abovetopsecret.com...
before things get too "sane".

just a "Crazy" guy.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Congratulations

and

here's a bouquet of roses for you two,

www.colourbox.com...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

If he does, he should remember that OB has her heart set on a cake with chocolate covered strawberries!

No booze, though - it makes me silly, and a silly me is one thing you DON'T want to see!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Thank you sir, and no apologies necessary for the "familiarity".

I've got to go do about a half-hour's worth of further yard work, to avoid a potential spanking, but I'll be back in a bit.

edit on 2013/5/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by crappiekat

If he does, he should remember that OB has her heart set on a cake with chocolate covered strawberries!

No booze, though - it makes me silly, and a silly me is one thing you DON'T want to see!

Congratulations to you Both! Here's that cake with chocolate covered strawberries.....

Bright Blessings...

Des

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

I replied.... sorry I didnt have more time for commentary but I am at work! Dont know why a muslim was praying at a christian funeral though! That makes no sense... but I explained the arabic.

thanks for the congrats!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Best. News. Ever.

Congrats to you both, Seems like a love story straight out of Hollywood.

Well done you two, nice to see some good news here.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Congratulations to you Both! Here's that cake with chocolate covered strawberries.....

Bright Blessings...

Des

W00t!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the awesome cake Des! Yummy!!!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
A little late night lurking, read this, and was forced to log in. Such news!

No one who was around at 'that time' could have failed to notice the obvious chemistry between you, and when the sizzling ceased on these boards I was sad that you may have let that one little difference hold you back. How wrong could I be?

In my last incarnation, you both, in quite different ways, earned my respect, and this news has only made my estimations of you both swell further.

I am a sucker for a good love story, and this one's a doozy

Fortune favours the bold.

I'd wish you luck, but somehow, I don't think you need it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

All I can say is, Damn!

How the hell did I miss this Neno?????

Congrats BTW. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy and gal........

And on a topic I was talking about in another thread. There are so many misconceptions about Muslims, their rights, and religion. I might just poke the minds of you two, for a few answers to them.......

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

No one who was around at 'that time' could have failed to notice the obvious chemistry between you, and when the sizzling ceased on these boards I was sad that you may have let that one little difference hold you back. How wrong could I be?

It was that obvious, huh? I thought I was being fairly circumspect!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Poke away, but it's probably better to poke at our brains in U2U. Means of getting along and finding common ground are a bit touchy in some circles... maybe most circles... but it can be done - if you're bold enough to look 'em in the eye and tell 'em that if their god (yes, I used a lower case "g" on purpose) has issues with your living arrangements, he can come tell you himself, and doesn't need their intermediation.

That is a bit like the current rounds of killing each other off in some deity's name - if you god is so weak he needs YOU to do his killing, why bother worshiping him at all? Seems to me that YOU are the more powerful one in that situation, and maybe he ought to be worshiping YOU instead of the other way 'round. My God is a bit more tolerant than that - He has no fear of someone else being able to steal me away, and certainly not enough to have to kill 'em "just in case".

Never let it be said that I don't speak my mind, whatever the fallout may be!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This was a wonderful and unexpected treat to read.

Congratulations to you both!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Being that you are impulsive and got violent at work, I'd take the current infatuation with a grain of salt. I know the infatuation stage is cool for the past three months but most likely you guy's will divorce.

Please update in two months after you guys have your third fight and she throws a DV on you and you spend more jail time.

I'm not trying to be negative but if you connect the dots you'll save yourself trouble
edit on 9-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

I think I owe you an apology.

I re-read the OP, and think I found where you got the notion that I got violent at work, so let me clarify that part. I didn't get violent at work OR at home, but I was accused of getting violent at home, and was arrested on that accusation. It took six months to shove it through court (misdemeanor charges, and the accuser failed to show a couple of times - I guess she'd already gotten all the valuables she wanted, and had some sort of fear of having to lie under oath - which she eventually had to do anyhow), but it's over and done with now, and I was found "not guilty". Some of the lies went over the top, and were illogical to boot, so she shot herself in the foot there.

The mention of the "paycheck" was to underscore the fact that SHE wouldn't be getting my paycheck any more, and so would have to either get a job or find another sucker, which, ummm... "irritated" her. I'm sure the fact that I was leaving to marry another woman, one who actually WANTED to be with me, didn't improve her disposition any.

Anyhow, I apologize for not being clearer about it, and possibly misleading you.

BTW, my wife laughed until she almost choked over your post. See, she didn't know what a "DV" was, and thought you meant she was going to hit me with a DVD player, and then have ME arrested for assault, which funnily enough is pretty close to what actually happened during my escape. She apologizes for HER misunderstanding as well...

... but she's still laughing over the picture it presents!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And now I can shout it from the rooftops:

Congratulations OB and neno!!

What a beautiful and amazing love story. Love will always find a way

Don't let people tell you that your marriage won't work for a good marriage is work. I've been married 45 years to a wonderful man whom I knew less than a year; one whom my family and friends had no doubt was wrong for me and would leave me with a broken heart in a short time.

Your marriage's success or failure is entirely in your hands. Nurture it, and it will grow healthy and strong

Peace and blessings to you, my friends.

J

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyJae

Thank you!

OB says to tell you "may the peace and blessings of God be upon your head and those you love. I love you Lady, and thank you for such inspiring words and your own inspiring story, and you're right, it's up to our own determination to make life work, and nothing worth having is ever easy".

She seems to think I'm worth having - time will tell! I know she is!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

She seems to think I'm worth having - time will tell! I know she is!

Well, keeping the secret from us for 6 months leads me to believe you guys love each other enough to make it work. Going public with it, well, that just means you guys are sure about it.

neno: She loves you, yep, it's evident in her actions, that only you know. You are lucky to find love.

OB: He loves you, and I'm so proud of you. Cherish his love, and take care of him. You have something magical and rare going on. Thanks for finally letting the cat out of the bag.

I think you two make an excellent team!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join