It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Marriage Announcement

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Pleasant surprise ! CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Wishing you two all the very very best !!

My very best friend is a muslim and he drives me absolutely nuts but don't let that discourage you...

Thanks for sharing it with us, in a world where the sad and terrible news take the front pages, it is highly refreshing to find a good and inspiring story of love ! Congrats !!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Congratulations, here's wishing you both the best!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I'm late to the party!!

Congrats to you both, Mr and Mrs Regent

Wishing you happiness today, tomorrow and always

Originally posted by nenothtu

After all, I was all set to live out the rest of my days alone as a hermit in the woods.

Now you can be hermits in the woods together.

I'm jealous

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

My very best friend is a muslim and he drives me absolutely nuts but don't let that discourage you...

Well, you said "my very best friend", and honestly, there ain't nothing discouraging about that! Now, the fact is, if my wife drives ME crazy, she doesn't have far to drive - I'm nearly there already! Furthermore, she does seem to have a few methods for dealing with me when I start getting frustrated...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Aye, and spring is in the air here! These woods are greening up nicely, and the Hermit's Fortress is nearly entirely hidden from sight now! It's starting to be a chore keeping the woods from encroaching through the perimeter fence, but thankfully the guard dogs keep some of it worn down, making for a little less yardwork. Why, it's almost time to go ahead and start burying mines in the driveway!

Hey, if I'm going to go hermit, I'm not going half way!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Hmmm....good luck, i wont beat around the bush like most here

Everyone ive ever known to get married to someone they dont know are now either divorced, or are getting divorced a year or 2 on.

A few of my friends got married to people they had known less than 6 months....always goes the same way, divorce is inevitable. You may "love" her now, she may "love" you, but i doubt it will last. Meeting someone for 5 hours, talking online for a bit, chatting on the phone, you dont know her, and she doesnt know you. You can deny it now, but in a year, 6 months, or 3 years down the line i will see you back here saying how it never worked out. I know you think im being nasty, but thats the way it is, ive seen it plenty of times.

If your friends and families dont accept it, it wont last long. Good luck, enjoy it whilst it lasts

edit on 9-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Your experience isn't the whole story. My husband & I were engaged after 6 weeks, married within 6 months (we only held off because of family pressure!!) and we've been married for more than 13 years now. We faced some very tough times but we hung in there. Every year we are happier with each other.

A good friend of mine has a similar story, and they are even more made-for-each-other than my husband & I are.

Sometimes you just know.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Congratulations to BOTH of you! I wish you both many years of happiness and success!

My husband and I were married 3 months after we met, and we just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We have never been out of love. Of course there have been times when we may not have liked each other very much, but we have never been out of LOVE.

Thanks for sharing your story I enjoyed it very much!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well congratulations! Stranger things have been known to happen, but they do happen.
Keep on keeping on! dude.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Congratulations. I met my ATSer fiance online as well. However, we met on a video game and not on ATS.
Its wonderful to hear other stories of couples who have had success meeting online.
It would really be nice to hear from more ATS couples.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

you're just jealous... =P

-Sc00b

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Congrats to you both...wow, a truly odd, but inspirational story. Wishing you both many years of happiness!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
I was digging around looking at older threads and saw this. It's one of the most amazing things I've read in a while. Good for you! I hope that things are still going well for the both of you.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thank you - things ARE still going well. Never better. It continually amazes me, still. I never thought I'd live to see these days, yet here I am. I spent most of my life searching for something, probably never really knew what it was, and here I am, finally living the dream. We've got nearly nothing but each other, yet paradoxically we have it all.

Man, this is livin!

OB said to tell you hi, too!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
That's great to hear. Some people go their lives without finding someone who is right for them.

Tell OB hi.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join