It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Marriage Announcement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I wish you both all the best. The circumstances under which people find love and make it work are many, and I've seen it both succeed and fail under every scenario I can think of. I see no inherent reason why this couldn't work out as long as you both truly want it to and care for one another.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Congrats you guys!!!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Congratulations man, this post gives ME hope... it doesn't matter be it creed, color, or sex. When to spirits find what they've been looking for, in the end it all seems worth it to me. Major props for being able to succeed in an environment where so many tribulations and biased opinions exist. This alone truly shows that love can truly prevail over the ignorance and relent that this current society imposes on other people... I wish you two the best of luck, and I hope that you encounter nothing but happiness in your marriage.

Peace and love

- Sc00b

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
two

second

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Fortune favours the brave. My congratulations to you both. Another happy relationship racked up by ATS.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Oh my Allah who the hell cares!

This is one category on this site that needs done away with. Keep this junk on facebook or twitter and leave us with our conspiracies. No one cares, they only seem like they do because the internet is full of self gratifying, sugar coating, dreamworld dwellers that only give the illusion they give a damn for the sake of image.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Many congratulations! It's so lovely to read about truly good news on ATS. Although it happens often enough that I should be more aware, it is often when we resolve to pursue a path that an anvil falls directly in said path. I'd determined to sell my house and travel after my divorce. Lo and behold, that kind man for whom I'd had a strong affinity let his feelings be known to me one day. And ka-boom. You know how it goes. I still haven't been to Amsterdam.

edit on 5/10/2013 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Congrats guys! Great Story wish you all the best! We live in a strange enough world as it is is nice when great things happen to people.

Sometimes it is said nothing happen without a reason even though it looks like Chaos /Order will always come out of it !

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I thought about it and decided to tell this story.

One day, a couple months or so after Neno and I got married everyone was having a bad day. My daughter was ill and menapausal and I was having pms (Yes sounds backwards doesnt it? lol) and Neno was grumpy about his problems (lol.. which may have consisted of hormonal women!!) and my daughter told me then her dream and goal in life...

She said "Mama.... There is only one thing I want to do right now. I want to go and buy a rocking chair and a cane and sit on my front porch and yell at all the neighbor children when they start to come over to "GET OFF MY LAWN!" and shake my cane at them for emphasis." She then said " We ALL need to do it! It would make us feel better! Lets make a whole row of rocking chairs on the porch and all get canes and we can yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" in unison at them all!

Please note one thing, at this point my daughter had never heard of ATS (outside of I met Neno on a political forum - I had never even named what forum!) she had never heard of the curmudgeon party or any of it! Yet.... this is her heartfelt desire and goal in life.

I laughed at her suggestion for a fun evening and thought.... how did I raise a bonafide card carrying curmudgeon? What happened to the sweet, kind, good natured child I was supposed to raise. And then I considered Neno's son.... a sweet kind good natured child... just like the one I was supposed to have!

And then I knew, God gave me Neno's child and Neno got my child.... I guess HE always knew we would be together...

Spirit matters..... and all this has always been meant to be

And now that we are hillbilly's (apparently when you marry one you just become one!) it is now, according to my daughter, quite socially acceptable to sit on our front porch in our rocking chairs shaking our canes at nearby children and yell...

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

PS. Neno, I know you call yourself mountain folk and not hillbilly, but no worries.... she says hillbilly with pride and love!

edit on 10-5-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I just wanted to say to everyone thank you all for your heartfelt good wishes and to tell everyone, there is hope. There is hope for love and finding a soulmate, someone who loves you for exactly who you are and not what they want to make you be.....

......and there is still hope for our world.

Where there is love, there is always hope.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

♫♥♫ Neno and OB ♫♥♫ Absolutely Wonderful and Very Romantic......I fell in Love with both of you during the Regent election......you both have so much wit and honesty.....lol...I will never forget OB's sexy wolf story..

I wish I could have done your flowers. I was reading that a traditional Muslim wedding custom was for the bride and groom to give each other garlands, much like an Hawaiian Lei, they are really neat looking...these are for you both...I will let the groom have the obvious straight line about getting "lei'd"

Congrats...Enjoy each other........

p.s. remember my shameless show of affection for another Regent candidate during a period of separation about a year ago? Well guess who just showed up 3 weeks ago with a moving truck and our dog....sometimes there is a happy ending...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Good luck and congratulations to the two of you.
Hope you have many happy years together. A friend of mine met someone online and got married. Nice guy too. They're still happy. It works for some.

It just goes to show that if we try to find some common ground, people of different faiths can get along together.

edit on 10-5-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SgtCursed

I understand your misgivings, I really do. This ain't my first rodeo nor hers either, and we both have a fairly firm grasp on just how bad it can get when you hitch your wagon to a loon, since we've both been there, done that, checked it off, and had the t-shirt stolen.

Now to be honest I HAVE heard her raise her voice once or twice, but not often, and I had it coming to me. That can really go either way, but one thing it doesn't do is scare me. I've been attacked, even assaulted, by some of the best, and she doesn't get anywhere near that level of crazy. As long as she remains coherent, then we're good. I don't much care if it's loud. Seriously - folks get ill tempered some times. It's a fact of life. You just have to handle it. Sometimes they've even got a good reason for that, and you have to step back and examine it, Sometimes they DON'T have a good reason for that, and you've got to find a way to get THEM to step back and examine that.

It's not until they go into psycho mode that you need to run for your life or back them down, one or the other. Having seen that in previous relationships, I'm not nearly as prone to letting my teeth chatter over simple anger, justified or not. I've been on the receiving end of worse.

I'll bet you whatever you'd like to bet, however, that she'll never, ever try to snatch anything out of my hands, angry or not.

I can't yell around her at all, neither at her nor at anyone else. Luckily I'm not prone to fits of yelling - when I get ticked off, I go just the other way, and get quieter. The woman is like a barometer. If I'm irritated, she picks up on that right away.and there's really no need for me to yell about anything anyhow.

I think, based upon personal histories, that violence and crazy aren't going to be factors this time around. We've seen enough of that already, elsewhere. Time to relax now.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well that's just fantastic! Really! It's so nice to read some good news as apposed to all the doom and gloom we get around here.

That being said, your thread has inspired me, and I've figured out what my problems in the romance world were.

Any single ladies between the ages of 20-30 can U2U me any time, accepting applicants of all races, colors, creeds, religions, and political affiliations!

Once again, Congrats! I'm happy for you two!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Congratulations!

Its true, people that "argue" with each other, tend to care about each other more.

Its funny, online when we argue, we see each other as the most hated, but im sure 95% of us, when met in real life, would be good friends.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Oh my Allah who the hell cares!

This is one category on this site that needs done away with. Keep this junk on facebook or twitter and leave us with our conspiracies. No one cares, they only seem like they do because the internet is full of self gratifying, sugar coating, dreamworld dwellers that only give the illusion they give a damn for the sake of image.

The door is behind you and to the left. You can either look around and figure out you must have walked into the wrong thread and leave quietly, or you can pitch a little snit and THEN hit the door. I don't much care which. Either way, I'm sure you can find your happiness in some other thread more suited to your own interests.

Just as a purely informational point, it seems not entirely sane to run into someone ELSE'S party, and then complain because you are there. Why come into MY room, and then tell me that what I'm doing here is inappropriate for YOU? Just hit the door instead - it's YOU who are in the wrong place, not me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

PS. Neno, I know you call yourself mountain folk and not hillbilly, but no worries.... she says hillbilly with pride and love!

Huh? Nah. s'ok. I use "hillbilly" too. It gets the complete concept across much quicker to the flatlanders out there, and the purpose of words IS communication, first and foremost.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

That's the ticket - cast a wider net, and refuse limitations on your choices!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Hi, neno
Strange, I woke up this morning thinking about you and wondering how it was going.
Truly, glad to hear things are working out for you

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Every once in a while you see something here that turns everything around

I wish you two many, many years of happiness

Coolest thread ever

:-)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join