It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My last Thread....Secret to life and the purpose of life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by stirling
Seems like the God in charge of our universe must have gotten some pretty low grades in God School.....
And i sincerely doubt this is your "last post" because as time marches on you will have second thoughts about what youve written...even doubts and contradictions will creep into your philosophy.....
you will not think you are so smart as to have figured everything out in the future.
period.

He did not say it was his last 'post'.
Nice avatar

edit on 8-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

From Op...sorry if it has been said just started reading this thread.

PERIOD. this is my last post.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

He did not say it was his last 'post'.

Eh?

this is my last post. this is the last information i will share with you. i hope it strikes a cord with someone. best of luck to you all.

This is from close to the beginning of the OP. You must have missed that part.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I feel i have to but back in to say a few
Firstly you have NO free will.....
If you did youd know where your thoughs come FROM....
As you have no control over those thoughts as they form unbidden in your consciousness....hey just happen.
If you had free will youd know what your thoughts would be before you thunk them....
Free will is an illusion of your level of conciousness....
As time passes you will see that virtually everything is governed by the three laws of motion...spiritually physically...no free will, just a bouncing particle.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As you have no control over those thoughts as they form unbidden in your consciousness....hey just happen.
If you had free will youd know what your thoughts would be before you thunk them....
As time passes you will see that virtually everything is governed by the three laws of motion...spiritually physically...no free will, just a bouncing particle.

I'm guessing this is one of the people who don't have souls.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher

I'm guessing this is one of the people who don't have souls.

Either you know you dont, or you know you do. No one can speak for another... but sometimes I guess it can be rather obvious

edit on 5/8/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Speak for yourself. I have free will, and I use it every minute of every day. What's more, I enjoy using it. So have fun with your supposed lack of free will. If you ever decide you do have it, you only have to use it. It's as easy as choosing to continue breathing.

edit on 8-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
another thing i forgot to mention is that

not everyone has a soul..like i said souls come to universes that have "vacancies" however this means that most other humans were just created by the god that owns this universe, and therefore technically are just part of him.
edit on 8-5-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

So the Abyss Kyellow took another, peered too deeply into it, recognised itself (head heavy) and slipped over the edge. If you truely think you are lost and reconsider, there is a ladder down there somewhere in which to climb out from (the one you planted beforehand). Everyone has a soul lifeforce, even the weeds growing in your neighbors yard, they have sense, they stay planted and send seeds instead to places unknown. The universes are soap bubbled, as in they rub against each other but NEVER interact (breaks all the rules of containment and damaging the point of 12 isolated different expressions of creativity). Where does the "YOU" factor fit, are you the THEM, as in its Us vs Them faction? Technically, I am part of the rocks in my yard. Everything existing here 3D matter is made of stardust.
edit on 8-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

My hatred is guided more towards ignorance, and refusal t think completely out of the box, im talking about out of the freaking dimension box here...

and i see it in so many humans i try to teach them and inform them but their foolish pride and ego gets in the way. for a while i thought my duty here was to inform the humans but i realized i cannot change what i did not create i am merely a guest here in this universe, and all this time i have been wasting it trying to tell people the truth behind their creation.

A REAL God (one in capital letters) would have the patience to teach and listen, not "scold". I love the caps thing by the way, I almost hear sepulchral voice echoes when I read it.

Kind of Cecil B. Demill and Charlton Heston with lightning and thunder... That makes it more "Godly", I guess.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Don't go away OP. That was written with grit, conviction and belief. These are the posts that make ATS great. You can't leave us. Stay in the game. Your thoughts are appreciated.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Those who live in glass houses shoudnt throw stones they say.......show us your soul badge human.
Wheres the proof of your free will...?
Where do your thoughts origonate ?do they spring into your mind almost fully formed for you to sieze upon and expand them with your attention?
Or to ignore possibly and concentrate your free will on not going to take a leak for thirty six hours maybe....
I am trying to communicate to your soul here......
anybody home?

Who tells your thoughts to you? from whence do they spring?
do you choose to think your thoughts>
No they are an eternal internal dialogue within your mind....
you have no choiceb ut to think whats presented by whoever is in there...the random mess of self dialogue or to shut it off and concentrate upon your attention.....
Then that is a choice of consciousness and perhaps a free one...
but the dialogue is not..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

We are already gods and we control our little part of the universe already.

You think we don't create our own universe? Well, we do. We are integral to the universe and we "make" it every second of every day. Without consciousness (us), there would be no universe because the universe is totally dependent on us and we on it.

We can also make anything we want, the technology today proves that. Want to make a human fly? You can build a computer program that can encode a visual on a screen of a "human" flying.

Want to make your own world? Look at the computer games today, who says in the future we won't be able to make our own universe within a simulated computer program?

I think you're heading in the right direction but haven't been able to make that final leap. What you say we can do in the future is already happening. We are not separate from god, we ARE god. Every last one of us and every last particle in the universe is god. We are god experiences itself.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Thoughts come from ourselves. If you think you don't have free will, that's on you, but you'll never convince me otherwise. If I feel like walking to the other side of the room, that is my choice and no one else's.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Speak for yourself. I have free will, and I use it every minute of every day. What's more, I enjoy using it. So have fun with your supposed lack of free will. If you ever decide you do have it, you only have to use it. It's as easy as choosing to continue breathing.

edit on 8-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Free Will doesn't mean what you think it does. When it comes to Free Will people only have two choices in this life. You can either choose to live selfishly(Evil) and not believe in God or both, or humbly(Good) and believe in God or both. I don't think it matters what our faith or belief is in life, but what really matters is how we live our life.

Why would God care care about the irrelevant actions of which you call 'Free Will'? He doesn't, because that isn't what Free Will is about. So it's obvious the actions that he speaks of has to be of more importance right? How do I put this in words, hmm...

Take an egotistical person for example who thinks he/she is above everybody else. That thought, is an action of Free Will. They choose to believe it thus they will show less compassion towards people. These people are often driven by Greed/Pride/Lust etc the Seven Deadly Sins anyone? This is the choice of Free will of a (Evil) person.

The other would be a humble person often driven by unselfishness, compassion,egolessness, charity, knowing that there is something out there bigger than themselves. This is the choice of Free will of a (Good) person.

I'm going to use the (Evil) term vaguely. Not everybody is 'evil' by definition but alot of people are on the negative path rather than the positive but doesn't make them evil. Just wanted to clear that up. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes but the question is, 'Did you truly learn from them?'

1 Peter 5:5-6

You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

And no, I'm not a religious person. I just read verses online about important human emotions such as humility and humbleness and feel deeply connected to such verses. I once read somewhere that the answers lie within the Bible and only those with eyes and ears and weary of ingorance shall see them. As a person who is on the path towards Enlightenment, I can see how that's true.
edit on 8-5-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a lucid dream where I kept becoming God of this universe but I kept screwing up. One time as I developed my Supernatural powers I thought I would help most people. I instantly healed everyone on the planet. There were no more diseases, no more lasting injuries. People who had been crippled were instantly made whole again. People were thrilled at first. Then millions of doctors, nurses, and people working in the medical field all became unemployed across the whole planet. Research into medical diseases, replacing missing limbs and all medical research came to a halt. This persisted for decades while I was alive. After a few decades I left the planet, died or whatever a god does when he wears out the human body he resided in. My consciousness had expanded to everything in the universe and I was aware of everything. My former body was a shell I abandoned after the normal life span.

Anyway I noticed diseases, injuries, and all that normal stuff came back after I was gone. Except this time very few knew what to do. All the doctors and nurses lost their jobs decades ago. People suffered with a 40 year gap in medical knowledge and 40 year gap in technology for over 2 thousand years. Yep, I screwed up. That wasn't the only screw up. I recreated the Earth and the universe 6 times screwing things up every time. I got super bored too. I knew what would happen if I did something before I did it. I could see all the alternate timelines created from every possible decision. People had free will to alleviate the boredom. The free will consists of the individual being able to choose which reality they want to move towards.

I got stuck in the dream and to help me wake up, I restricted all my powers and made myself human with one failsafe. I was going to take a vacation and take this 7th creation of the universe and the Earth off. I did put everything back not all screwed up. So in a way I dreamed God took a vacation so we are free to make a mess or create a star spanning empire. I thought it was a weird lucid dream but seems to fit this thread.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

This GOD of yours seems to have a lot of human habits, like getting tired?bored? i mean those are human attributes.

To me personally there is no meaning to life, that is what makes it so beautiful, now when you talk about lessons i am with you on that one 100%, but it does not mean that that is the meaning of life.

Plus, if we are all created in the image of GOD then we are all kings and queens which makes me wonder why in the world we pay taxes at all???

edit on 8-5-2013 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I hope you have a chance to read my last post. It applies to you also, since how you believe what Free Will is, isn't really what Free Will is about. I used be in your shoes. Looking back on it now, I remember how complicated it was thinking of Free Will in your way and now it's actually much more simpler especially when it all make sense to me now when it never did before.
edit on 8-5-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Those who live in glass houses shoudnt throw stones they say.......show us your soul badge human.
Where do your thoughts origonate ?do they spring into your mind almost fully formed for you to sieze upon and expand them with your attention?
Or to ignore possibly and concentrate your free will on not going to take a leak for thirty six hours maybe....
anybody home?

you have no choiceb ut to think whats presented by whoever is in there...the random mess of self dialogue or to shut it off and concentrate upon your attention.....

Actually I do choose what thoughts I think. It hard to explain. My ideas come fully formed and the more I think about them the more detail I see. My beliefs are the same. I can choose to believe in something wholeheartedly or not believe it at all. My Mind is kind of like a etheric computer I can download/learn beliefs/programs. It doesn't matter if they are rational or irrational or true or false. Ive downloaded programs I've known people say to be false and altered the way my mind works. I've pretty much customized my mind to work exactly how I want it to. And it benefits me personally. I imagine everything in 3d. I can close my eyes and walk around in my dream house or different worlds. I've astral projected and seen my body sleep and ive done many other things. My initail thoughts are complex and cannot be put into words but I alone completey understand them. I personally dont need to use words with my thoughts and Only use them convey them to others. There is no constant internal dialog in my head. I simply watch and take things for what they are. Like I said its hard to explain I never know if I do a good job explaining things because compared to my actual thoughts words seem primitive. What I usually end up doing is ranting or typing a giant block of text. I don't even know how to end this reply. Somewhere in here is the answer to your questions. My thoughts originate from me. When I was young I thought differently always using words and stuff. Sometimes when I was waking up I would have complex thoughts in my head that I attributed to a higher being. But now I think like that all the time. In retrospect the way I think has changed a lot. I can't get into it that would be to much to write,

I fully understand where the OP is coming from and why he has left ATS. Many members who think like me have. Notice the lack of metaphysic threads currently. A lot of people including myself have found the philosophical answers they were looking for. I only stick around to bash Zionism but that's about it. But yeah I know I've got a soul.
edit on 8-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm pretty sure what the OP says is true. At least that's the story my sources have been telling me the past year.

Just think about it, your intuition knows it's true. It's really the only thing that makes sense.
Sure makes more sense than some god who will punish you for all eternity if you don't believe in him.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher

anybody home?

Actually I do choose what thoughts I think. It hard to explain. My ideas come fully formed and the more I think about them the more detail I see. My beliefs are the same. I can choose to believe in something wholeheartedly or not believe it at all. My Mind is kind of like a etheric computer I can download/learn beliefs/programs. It doesn't matter if they are rational or irrational or true or false. Ive downloaded programs I've known people say to be false and altered the way my mind works. I've pretty much customized my mind to work exactly how I want it to. And it benefits me personally. I imagine everything in 3d. I can close my eyes and walk around in my dream house or different worlds. I've astral projected and seen my body sleep and ive done many other things. My initail thoughts are complex and cannot be put into words but I alone completey understand them. I personally dont need to use words with my thoughts and Only use them convey them to others. There is no constant internal dialog in my head. I simply watch and take things for what they are. Like I said its hard to explain I never know if I do a good job explaining things because compared to my actual thoughts words seem primitive. What I usually end up doing is ranting or typing a giant block of text. I don't even know how to end this reply. Somewhere in here is the answer to your questions. My thoughts originate from me. When I was young I thought differently always using words and stuff. Sometimes when I was waking up I would have complex thoughts in my head that I attributed to a higher being. But now I think like that all the time. In retrospect the way I think has changed a lot. I can't get into it that would be to much to write,

I fully understand where the OP is coming from and why he has left ATS. Many members who think like me have. Notice the lack of metaphysic threads currently. A lot of people including myself have found the philosophical answers they were looking for. I only stick around to bash Zionism but that's about it. But yeah I know I've got a soul.

You people are the life of the party.
Your pathetic attempts to imitate the great thoughts already thunk long ago by greater souls than yours......
would be hilariously funny to you in ten twenty years...but be that as it may
you have NO free will.
And you sure as hell do not pre think the thoughts that come into your consciouness stream, or you would know what you are gonna think next...most assuredly .which you do not .
Your idea of free will is pretty scrawny compared to the scope of the multiverse before you.....
You ARE god...just spread your consciousness and fly...................

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Sure. Whatever you say

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join