It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No one has answered my question. There is a discrepancy between the Palestinians who are considered brave and people elsewhere who are "terrorists." I am unclear as to why Hawking would not boycott America over our prison-industrial complex and disparities? China over Tibet? Canada over its treatment of Indians? Russia over Chechnya? Saudi Arabia over practically everything?

The neo-cons focus on Venezuela while the pseudo-left focuses on Israel but the Saudis have a pass 'cause of the oil. I cannot respect cowards who pretend to be brave.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

On the mark. If anyone believes that Dr. Hawking is still alive courtesy of some mythical entity often referred to as God, then those individuals have been systematically propagandized thus compromising their brain's ability to engage in critical thought. Fortunately, most people can still "believe" but in "real" life disconnect from their "belief" in order to function fairly well at their jobs. Still, I'm always suspect of doctors who "believe" just in case they start relying more on their god than on their medical skills. And politicians who "believe" scare the bejeebers out of me. And then I wonder about the legitimacy of some "believers." Because there seems to be a good deal of societal pressure placed on people to "believe," I often wonder if those feeling pressured feign belief. I know for a fact that people in business will join a church not because they believe but because the community in which they live "compels" them to conform. It's simply good business.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh my oh my...

We REALLY need to find another habitable
planet and a way to get there fast...

We REALLY need to seperate the belivers and the
NON belivers...

Hmmm

Wonder what would happen if it were to be so..
All non belivers left..What would you do, all
the ppl that belives in some god or prophet.

Yea yea i know OffT...
Its just so sad that every thread comes down
to religion one way or another...

edit on 2013/5/9 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29
This is excellent propaganda for the BDS movement, and like most propaganda the actual truth is somewhat different. A spokesman for Prof. Hawkings at Cambridge University has denied that he's boycotting Israel. The real reason he declined the invite is for health reasons, his doctor has advised him not to fly.

www.thecommentator.com...

You certainly live up to your "avatar title"...

Stephen Hawking DID boycott Israeli conference over Palestine after Cambridge University claimed he dropped out due to 'health issues

World-famous scientist had agreed to attend Israeli Presidential Conference

Cambridge insisted it was a decision made due to 71-year-old's health

But a letter from Hawking to event organisers proves otherwise

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I wanted to point this out just in case it has not.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
Guardian.uk.

Stephen Hawking's decision to boycott an Israeli conference in protest at the state's 46-year occupation of Palestine was derided as hypocritical by some, who pointed out that the celebrated scientist and author uses Israeli technology in the computer equipment that allows him to function.

Hawking, 71, has suffered from motor neurone disease for the past 50 years, and relies on a computer-based system to communicate.

According to Shurat HaDin, an Israel law centre which represents victims of terrorism, the equipment has been provided by the hi-tech firm, Intel, since 1997.

"Hawking's decision to join the boycott of Israel is quite hypocritical for an individual who prides himself on his whole intellectual accomplishment. His whole computer-based communications system runs on a chip designed by Israel's Intel team. I suggest if he truly wants to pull out of Israel he should also pull out his Intel Core i7 from his tablet," said Nitsana Darshan-Leitner of Shurat HaDin.

Intel could not be reached for comment, but their website quotes Justin Rattner, chief technology officer, as saying earlier this year: "We have a long-standing relationship with Professor Hawking." He added: "We are very pleased to continue to … work closely with Professor Hawking on improving his personal communication system."

Cambridge University declined to comment on allegations of hypocrisy regarding Hawking's communications system.

• This article was amended on 9 May 2013 to remove a reference to Intel being an Israeli firm. It is a US multinational with bases in Israel.

As a person, Stephen is entitled to defend his beliefs in any way he deems necessary. As a man who should have died in his early twenties and has given so much to the rest of the world and has enabled those who listen to what he has to say to respect such a man who has obviously defied the odds of logic.

I love how Nitsana Darshan-Leitner of Shurat HaDin alludes to he should take his processor away, like Intel is the reason Stephen is so smart. Also notice why the article was amended?

This just makes me think of McCarthyism that I learned about in high school back in the 50's with communism as it relates to the undertones of anti-Semitism.

And here is a thought? The advancements made in Science and Technology sectors are made to perpetuate and prolong the existence of mankind as well as to better understand the world around us and should not be patented to, limited to, benefit one Race or State.

For All Mankind, or is that a slogan some like to hide behind?

Nitsana Darshan-Leitner doesn't claim that the Intel processor is the reason that Prof. Hawking's is so smart. He's simply pointing out that if you want to boycott Israel then why not be consistent and boycott all things Israeli, not just the convenient ones. Prof. Hawking's uses an Israeli designed Intel processor in his communication system, surely if he wants to demonstrate his disapproval of Israel he shouldn't be using technology that came from that country.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Gary29
This is excellent propaganda for the BDS movement, and like most propaganda the actual truth is somewhat different. A spokesman for Prof. Hawkings at Cambridge University has denied that he's boycotting Israel. The real reason he declined the invite is for health reasons, his doctor has advised him not to fly.

www.thecommentator.com...

You certainly live up to your "avatar title"...

Stephen Hawking DID boycott Israeli conference over Palestine after Cambridge University claimed he dropped out due to 'health issues

World-famous scientist had agreed to attend Israeli Presidential Conference

Cambridge insisted it was a decision made due to 71-year-old's health

But a letter from Hawking to event organisers proves otherwise

Sorry if this has already been addressed but I wanted to point this out just in case it has not.

Still waiting for that paycheck though

Silly me for thinking that Prof. Hawking's spokesman might know what the good professor is doing.
:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hahahaha it's nice watching this thread dissolve into cascade attacks and people having conversations with their sock puppets... There should be an instant ban for anyone other than the OP who's posts fill more than 60% of a page... Or I suppose we could just close troll bait threads like this after page 2.
edit on 9-5-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

I agree that there is some obvious funny business going on in this thread, but to say ban all the members except for the OP is rather extreme in my opinion.

Any thread that paints Israel in a negative light,especially when it comes to the boycott issue, is bound to get derailed and turned into a flame fest to distract from the actual topic at hand.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great news. More respect for the guy for publicly boycotting the Zionists.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Nice to see after all these years cointelpro agents are still working hard, derailing threads and changing the topics in there not so subtle ways.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Personally I find it difficult to get all misty eyed about the Palestinians while they play so nicely into the regions obvious religion based Jew hatred. They talk about having an homeland but only the most blind can't see that handing over the whole of Jerusalem would encourage more violence rather than appeasement. They didn't roll over for Muhammads caravan raiders and they have suffered ever since.

Has for Hawkings, the man is entitled to his opinion and that is fine by me whatever it is. But he does seem to be isolating the current situation from the historic and political history that has brought the Jews and Muslims to this point.

While there are Jews and Muslims in the world there will never be peace. Both will take every opportunity to set back the other. Unfortunately for Islam that little country called Israel has proved time and time again that it is more than a match.

I don't like Islam, I find its attitude to women distateful. I find the fundamental belief of superiority in its adherants to be egostistical and damaging to everything it comes into contact with.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Are you pissed off because a Jew slagging fest got derailed? Or is there another reason?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have read nearly NOTHING of this thread.

I am only posting because I've waited years and years and years to be able to publicly state that I couldn't give the tail end of rat what this educated derelict has to say

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And yet the Tech he uses that helps him to speak comes from Israel

Originally posted by 0SolidSnake0
Great news. More respect for the guy for publicly boycotting the Zionists.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking should give up the tech that helps his speech it comes from Israel. So if hes boycotting Israel he needs to give up that program too.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Ha Ha silly robot...Truth is for thinkers

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yup when you feel safe enough to voice an opinion because death is the bigger bully says a lot.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
No one is saying Israel shouldn't exist, they are there now but they should learn to CO-EXIST with the rest of the world...do you get that folks?!

The reality of the Israeli government and it's agenda is becoming a reality, this is made evident by the fact that so many people distancing themselves from Israel now (Actors, some politicians, people like Dr Hawkings).

If you're going to act like a c.unt then people will call you one eventually, how it works mate.

Discussing israel/palestine is like discussing gun control and abortion. The discussion is bound to fail as soon as it starts because people have preconceived notions and express it with emotion. Facts from either side are almost irrellevant.

I think jews deserve a jewish state because they lived there going back to the roman empire when that land was called judea. Palestine was formed AFTER most of the jews went into diaspora. Islam did not come into existance until many centuries later. Jews, christians and pagans lived there. Then they return in 1948 and need to expel the arabs from their homes, sometimes forcefully and sometimes by buying property from them. Slowely the arabs withdrew and jews became the dominant religious culture of the land.

The neigbhoring arab countries PLAY the palestinians to distract from local issues and the gullible muslims swallow it. Not saying there is no suffering, but all conflicts are painful and israel(jew)/palestine(arab) dispute is no different.

The UN and the rothschilds do not want to see peace in that area. I think its apparent by now because each and every chance they had to form a jewish nation was foiled by political dimplomacy rather than allow the military to conquer all of palestine and put an end to the two-state solution. There was zero hope for a two state solution from the beginning. Enclave nations are like being in prison; you are stuck inside and looking out while the opposition laughs at you.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I gave this post a star for the thought provoking video, but I believe that morals and values came about when we were hunter gathers and needed some rules to protect one another, and TPTB figured out a way to hijack and manipulate these values for their own selfish needs, and today we call them sociopaths.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What I don't comprehend is why people don't study the protocols of zion to see how closely the protocols match to what we have today.

The superficial meaning of zionism is the creation of a jewish state called israel that attempts to take over palestine, but the deeper meaning is the hidden agenda of the people who run zionsim and use that failed pretext in order to start WW3 and depopulate a good chunk of humans from the face of the earth before ushering in the new world order.

The people who run zionism purposefully settled for the two state solution and forced Israel to negotiate via the UN. If they wanted that jewish state things would be different today as muslims and christians would be living in Israel with the respect that jews are given in other countries. Everything done so far, the walls seperating palestine from israel, the hyped-up terror plots within israel, the 9-11 plot in america supposedly done by 19 hijackers with box cutters, the wars in afghanistan and iraq, etc has been planned and executed to perfection.

The whole idea is to create fear and polarity. Pin the conservative christians and jews against the conservative muslims and atheists. The media has done a spectacular job following the script to the letter and they even allow a few conspiracy "nuts" like jessie ventura and alex jones to have a few words on the entertainment "news" just to make it look "fair and balanced".

Am I the only one really awake here or what

edit on 9/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join