It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxer

I'm as Atheist as they come. So I implore you that in the future if you're going to make fun of what a Christian says, please make certain they're actually wrong next time.

-- Lux

I wasn't making fun, I misread what was written and I apologized for it. You'll notice that post I made has 70+ stars so it seems many others misread it too.

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by paxnatus

You are correct, my bad.

Hangs head in shame.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.” ― Joseph Goebbels

Your quote is pretty funny in a sad, ironic sort of way, particularly from one who is a self-proclaimed "neo" whose own country has maimed and killed hundreds of thousands during the process of starting illegal wars on several Middle Eastern fronts--and itching to embark on others. To this end, America has adopted the Goebbels message and commandeered the media to serve as the vehicle for delivery.

I was gobsmacked over the propaganda that was foisted upon the American public leading up to the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq. The media put on a show second to none. And the show had a run that would make some of Broadway's best efforts pale by comparison. I knew they were spewing official lies as the message lacked substance (proof) and sincerity--it was enough to make one blush at its transparency. Unfortunately, only the Americans who regularly engage in independent thought caught on--and of course, the insiders knew the scoop. It was a theatrical production like no other--a magnificent show for the gullible. And it worked like a tinker's dam. Now, me saying that does not make me anti-American. Anti-American policy? You bet. Anti-American? Never. And there is a difference--a huge difference between the two.

Similarly, In the case of Israel, it is well documented that Israel is engaged in atrocious behaviour towards the Palestinians including women and children. It is also true that many of the Israeli people themselves disagree with their leaders on the Palestinian issue. But because I don't support Israeli policy does not make me anti-semitic. That's just a cheap shot in an attempt to muffle people from reacting in a most appropriate way. Israel is just plain wrong and given THEIR history during WWII they should know better. Instead, it is now they who are doing the persecuting; thus, the Israeli government should be brought to task. Wrong is wrong no matter the religious/ethnic affiliation of the perpetrator.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leftofplumb

The problem with something being well documented is who's doing the documenting? Quite often it is done by people who have their own agenda, which they want to promote.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

Well that doesn't mean it doesn't occur.

How about the fact that impartial observers like the UN and even partial ones like the US say the continued settlement in the disputed territories is illegal and really not helping the peace process at all?
Fairly certain armed resistance is allowed when you're being forced off you land only watch your house torn down so they can build one for themselves.

Aggression happens on both sides - but the occupying state is generally the one who should take the blame don't you think?

As an aside - do you know anything about the Bedouin of Israel and the on going efforts to take their land and resettle them? That's one of the darkest things I've heard since apartheid - even worse than what they're doing to the Palestinians - because these are actually their citizens!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

If Israeli settlement in Judea and Samaria(West Bank) are an impediment to the peace process, why are all the rockets being fired from Gaza? An area where all the Jewish settlers were forcibly evicted several years ago.

The fact of the matter is, the so called Palestinians could have had their own state 65yrs ago, but they rejected it. Same as they done numerous times since. They are the real barrier to peace in the area.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

Right, so anything you disagree with, even if its coming from thee UN, US and Israel is just ignored?
That's why the peace process will never advance anywhere.

(Logically the rockets aren't going to be coming from places Israel is occupying are they?)

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join