It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking joins academic boycott of Israel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's funny how an academic boycott is celebrated as some kind of victory among the people who are so quick to blame Israel for anything.
Just a gut feeling (well it's more than that tbh) - if a celebrity of sorts would boycott, say, Iran, the same people who celebrate this would've complained about Zionist corruption of minds, brainwashing, Jewish lobby pressure etc.

As for Hawking, he's got every right to boycott whatever he wishes to. No complaints there.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Did he cite the protocols of zion that supposedly do not exist for his reason for boycotting that academic meeting?

I feel bad for the palestinians in a way but their suffering is not unique in a world of hate. A lot of people support arabs because they are the underdog against christians and jews and because they comprehend that 9 out 10 terror plots(at least) are falso flag NATO operations.

I mean if we are going to blame israel we might as well go "full retard" and tell it like it is.

(sorry sometimes I can't help myself in this mad world)

edit on 8/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Why would you have to open a history book to see what is happening today?

Gee dunno maybe they might learn this:

Carry on.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Is this really news? A man who has done nothing but deny God's existence and, now he is speaking out against Israel in support of the Palestinians this is "news worthy" to you? No he is not anti Semitic he is anti Christ.

So anyone who doesn't side with your tribe and buy your religious dogma, you call the anti-Christ? How enlightened of you.

And yes it is news when a very prominent scientist takes a political stand against a rogue state, in particular Israel.

But hey, keep up your ad-hominem attacks. It just shows that you're reaching and that your POV holds the moral swamp.

Bellum

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Smart people don't take religion seriously. They are either agnostic or atheist. Still I believe in prophets, god, satan, demons, angels, etc..........but not as religious SUPERSTITIONS as most do. They are probably extra-terrestrials or ultra-terrestrials.

People have a lot to learn but this SICK status quo does NOT allow it.

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." John Lennon

Not suprisingly he got killed, just like JFK did.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Actually Christ has nothing to do with this. Muslims believe that Jesus was just a prophet, same with the Jews...those are the two at adds here.

If you think about it, if it weren't for religion there would probably be peace in the middle east, right?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Is this really news? A man who has done nothing but deny God's existence and, now he is speaking out against Israel in support of the Palestinians this is "news worthy" to you? No he is not anti Semitic he is anti Christ.
Pax

Wow!! I nearly choked laughing at that

Not believing in a supernatural being does not make him the "Anti Christ"

Please go back and re read what I said and not your interpretation. I specifically left out the word "The" and put a space between "anti and Christ" I never said he was "The AntiChrist" I said he was Anti i.e. against Christ. By words of his own admission. He denies God's existence. Hard to be for something you don't believe in. Meaning if you you are not for something you are against it!

He would not argue with me why are you.

Aren't the Jews anti Christ too then?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I'm a believer in God and this man - Stephen Hawking deserve a respect.

It seems like your rhetoric propaganda has been backfired.

Too bad you're gone.

edit on 8-5-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary29

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Pax

What is anti Christ about supporting Palestinians over Israel? You realize that Jews don't believe in Jesus either, right?

Also, what is anti Christ about speaking out against oppressors in a foreign land? Yes, Palestine fights back, but they're having their land stolen from them. Israel is the stronger force, that has the power to stop all of the violence and come to terms, they're slowly eradicating the Palestinians until there is none left.

Do you also think that it was Christ-like for Europeans to annihilate the native americans for their land?

edit on 8-5-2013 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

I've covered this map before. I can't be bothered to re-type it all again, so here's the link to my post;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is why a two-state solution could not work. Jews have been cowards in not admitting they wanted all of palestine for their own. There was once a place called judea right where palestine is now(or used to before getting dissolved by ponerology) during the roman empire and the jews were sent to diaspora(scattered throughout the globe).

Jews and muslims belong in that territory and jews should have been smart enough to take as many muslims as they wanted and deported the rest. Giving land back, that you took by force in the first place, is the epitomy of hypocrisy and stalemate. They could have done this a long time ago when muslim fundamentalist nations attacked them and they had the perfect excuse. Now its too late imo because the world media is looking for an excuse to hang them. Its bad enough no jew wants to get his/her hands dirty and all work on wall street, insurance, medicine, business, etc.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why would you have to open a history book to see what is happening today?

Gee dunno maybe they might learn this:

Carry on.

This is irrelevant. Unless you want to use the distant past to justify for what is happening today. If we do that then we have to point out the bad in every religion.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This is irrelevant. Unless you want to use the distant past to justify for what is happening today. If we do that then we have to point out the bad in every religion

REALLY?

Sitting there saying middle eastern history has no relevance to current events?

Not justifying anything don't give a rats behind because currents events are no different than 2000 years.

Hell 'Palestine' didn't exist til the Romans named it.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hell 'Palestine' didn't exist til the Romans named it.

Hell, it doesn't matter.

Maybe you will learn something ...

Carry off.
edit on 9-5-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I didn't realize people here thought atheism is some kind of political cult that happens to have some kind of anti-Israel agenda... Explains why religious people in most cases are 12 IQ points away from being mentally disabled.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

In the 2nd century c.e., the last attempt of the Jews to achieve independence from the Roman Empire ended with the well-known event of Masada, that is historically documented and universally recognized as the fact that determined the Jewish Diaspora in a definitive way. The Land where these things happened was until then the province known as Judæa , and there is no mention of any place called “Palestine” before that time

The Roman emperor Hadrian was utterly upset with the Jewish Nation and wanted to erase the name of Israel and Judah from the face of the Earth, so that there would be no memory of the country that belonged to that rebel people. He decided to replace the denomination of that Roman province and resorted to ancient history in order to find a name that might appear appropriate, and found that an extinct people that was unknown in Roman times, called “Philistines”, was once dwelling in that area and were enemies of the Israelites.

www.smashingtruth.com...

Guess some people get upset when they don't jump on the Hawking bandwagon.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If “Palestinians” allegedly are the historic inhabitants of the Holy Land, why did they not fight for independence from Roman occupation as Jews did

www.smashingtruth.com...

That's a great question why didn't they?

What wait 2000 years later to 'get upset' with 'occupiers' ?
edit on 9-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hawkings opinion is just that.

What part of his scientific background is being utilized?

Is he helping the Palestinians? Is he teaching for free somewhere there?

Nope.

Just lip service.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Pax

Ask yourself, has he really done nothing, or has he just explained many puzzling mechanisms of the universe that contradict your version of Christianity and your belief in god.

He never disproved god, he only is trying to explain many of mysterious forces within god's kingdom!

You are a religious thought blocker!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Pax

Wow!! I nearly choked laughing at that

Not believing in a supernatural being does not make him the "Anti Christ"

Pax did not call him "The Antichrist" as in a charismatic leader will fool the whole world, rise to power, institute a worldwide dictatorial regime and (finally) bring about the Apocalypse.

They called him simply "Antichrist" 2 John 1:7 states:

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the Antichrist."

The Antichrist is anyone who doesn't believe in Christ. The "anti" is basically being used the same way it's used when we say someone is "anti-war."

So you, yourself are the Antichrist, I'm the Antichrist and yes, Stephen Hawking is the Antichrist.

Therefore Pax was entirely correct in at least that part of their statement.

I'm as Atheist as they come. So I implore you that in the future if you're going to make fun of what a Christian says, please make certain they're actually wrong next time.

-- Lux

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join