It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas a satanic ritual?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cbb28767

its a mushroom dude,chill out

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by Elbereth11
santa was an old shaman from syberia who would bring dried mushrooms to houses in winter that have been covered in snow so he has to go trough the roof to deliver them to people.using raindear as transport of course and sleds.

That makes sense and is simple and easy to remember.

. . . the truth is,first interaction was with plants and it started rolling from there

That's a little vague but probably fairly close to the truth as far as "Santa" goes.

smart people took advantage of it and now they are selling u the story of jesus and mohamed and how god will punish u if u try the fruit...haha,slick ,slick...

The monotheisms are about social organisation, the adoption and simplification of religion for the purposes of politics, maintaining the social order and creating revenue streams. So, yeah.

Of course, these things are not necessarily bad as long as there is scope for people to pursue their own interests in the context of a tolerant society. Totalitarianism is what I don't like in religion.
edit on 9-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

u cant have one without the other in this case...they know and you dont.and they want to keep it that way.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
also u must remember,no seeds,the mother is the earth,and it is born in a manger where poop is...also it dies so you can live,and it says he who never had blood or body of christ never lived...is that to hard to understand?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well what about the easter bunny. These holidays have religious Significance However, if you have children and have seen their eyes when santa or the easter bunny is depicted you have to be amazed at their reactions. Whats a little dilusion at that age when in later life reality is harsh!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvarga390
Well what about the easter bunny. These holidays have religious Significance However, if you have children and have seen their eyes when santa or the easter bunny is depicted you have to be amazed at their reactions. Whats a little dilusion at that age when in later life reality is harsh!

its the period when everything rises from the ground and gets born again,from the godess ishtar(easter)of fertility and sex)sacred prostitution...and you know how the saying goes,...like bunnys(or rabbits)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

On a practical matter - Can you help me find a way to teach people the differance, and that there is a diff. between "beliefs" which must be taken on faith and "Knowledge" which is based on facts that can be proven over and over?

I need this for my 'Better Religion' working title for what is "The Knowing" or Gnosis, the roots of Christianity and Judaism really, I got it from and in ancient Egypt and have come back to try and turn this run away horse around.

Even Prof. Einstein complained - it is easier to find the answers to great mysteries, AND the proofs, than it is to find a way to explain it to folks in a helpful way, also making some money is a life or death priority to me - yet Ye Gods tell me they like their prophets poor as church mice. With so much power the temptation to go rogue is huge, yet at 55 with 10 years of 'non-sexual' celebicy under my belt I think I could handle a little reward for my work.
How many Gods are there? We are told it is "Infinity Plus One" - fun huh?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

its the period when everything rises from the ground and gets born again,from the godess ishtar(easter)of fertility and sex)sacred prostitution...and you know how the saying goes,...like bunnys(or rabbits)

Actually, the Easter bunny was created by the goddess Ostara. She came across a baby bird that was dying from exposure to the cold and she turned it into a bunny so the fur would keep it warm. That's why you have an Easter bunny with eggs. Ostara is "Ēostre" which is where the name "Easter" comes from.

There is a "feast of Ishtar" but I've never been able to connect it, without a doubt, to Easter (I've tried).

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Actually, the Easter bunny was created by the goddess Ostara. She came across a baby bird that was dying from exposure to the cold and she turned it into a bunny so the fur would keep it warm. That's why you have an Easter bunny with eggs.
I would venture to suggest that tale, too, is a metaphor for fertility, Spring and rebirth...rabbits, eggs, resurrection and such. I do find it fascinating how the old gods persist, courtesy of Christian liturgy. Being the son of northern climes, I cannot help but think it may well have been rash to abandon our gods in favour of a middle-eastern cult. Hey...to each their own as long as the lessons are valid, eh? It's all just acceptance of a greater order. Everything else is detail.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Christmas has its orginins in ancient rome where early Christians celebrated the birth of Christ. Over the millennia customs from cultures whom later were included into christianity found their way into christmas, such as rituals practice during the winter solstice by Pagans whom later became christians (thats where the Christmas tree is from) . Santa Claus is a creation by the Coca Cola company. A lot of Christian countries do not even have a Santa Claus despite his regluar visit on the television around christmas time in America TV shows.

And as for the name, Santa Claus is just the butchered name of Saint Nikolaus. He is celebrated in many countries including Germany where children put out boots for that particular day, which parents fill with candy. He is neither said to live on the northpole nor to be associated with Ruper or any other renders.

The origins of the American Santa Claus are less nefarious than what you feared, or more nefarious, depending on your point of view.

American Christmas is an aggregation of Christmas customs from around the world plus their own creation, such as Satna Claus. The custom of hanging up socks to be filled with candy originates from the Czech. It could have been just as likely that the custom of putting boots out catched up.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Actually, the Easter bunny was created by the goddess Ostara. She came across a baby bird that was dying from exposure to the cold and she turned it into a bunny so the fur would keep it warm. That's why you have an Easter bunny with eggs. Ostara is "Ēostre" which is where the name "Easter" comes from.

There is a "feast of Ishtar" but I've never been able to connect it, without a doubt, to Easter (I've tried).

she turned it in to a bunny? are u reading urself?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

she turned it in to a bunny? are u reading urself?

I am. It's an old Saxon legend. She rescued the bird and took him home. In some versions, he became her partner. Because he could no longer fly, she turned him into a rabbit for survival and named him Lepus. He also retained the ability to lay eggs. When she got jealous (some say he was messing around with another goddess), she flung him into the sky and that created the constellation "Lepus".

There are several variations with different details but that's the core gist of it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Basically noticed all this years ago and came to the same conclusions as yourself....but who really can know!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I really don't think so. It has more to do with the fertility of the rabbit and the egg as a symbol of rebirth, both of which make logical representations of spring. And both of which are pagan symbols. Huh. Who woulda guessed?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Cuervo

I really don't think so. It has more to do with the fertility of the rabbit and the egg as a symbol of rebirth, both of which make logical representations of spring. And both of which are pagan symbols. Huh. Who woulda guessed?

thtas what i say ,tales for little children are tales for little children .

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth11

Sometimes, our understanding evolves as we grow older. In that sense, kids stories can hold a lot of meaning.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We could never have Christmas in the summer or fall... all of the sales would have been over for months!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was going to write my own thread and was surprised that I don't even think there is a thread like this in the religion section. I probably should write it, because in order to be a true Christian, to have any chance of the historical Christ even liking you, one must admit truly, that this holiday has nothing to do with him, in fact to celebrate his name in the ritual of a pagan holiday is dishonoring him for absolutely sure, but these millions and millions of western Christians don't agree with that.

What, in the good name of God, does putting presents under a tree have to do with Christ or his teachings?

This is a pagan holiday. There is nothing to do with Christ in this holiday. You can't say the spirit of giving is the spirit of Christ and that makes Christmas OK. Christmas is not OK. It is the most horrible holiday on this earth, because it is the most despicable.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackHat

Most of the things they have us engaged in is satanic including the religions---Its $atanism by proxy

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join