It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas a satanic ritual?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ElohimJD

For what it's worth this is 100% correct and is the actual origin of the varias religious faiths scattered around the Earth, just as languages were scattered at the fall of Babel's tower, so too was the "mystery Babylon" religious system of worship established by Cush (father sky), Semiremis (mother earth), and Nimrod (Son/Sun) i.e. trinity, which form the basic pantheon across all religions of mankind.

It is Nimrod's birthday, and those who celebrate it do so in honor of this man worshipped as a god's re-birth as the sun god, thousands of years before Christ.

Do you mean to tell me that Christmas is in all actuality a pagan holiday, and yet is celebrated by a religion that persecuted pagans with extreme prejudice? You admit that Christmas was stolen from cultures preceding Jesus by thousands of years and was reassigned as a festival commemorating his birthday?

Yes. This reply is correctly understanding what I was explaining.

God Bless,

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The fact that Christmas is celebrated far and wide beyond it just being a Christian holy day just goes to show that truth always rises to the surface in the end.

In this case it's the truth that this particular festival in Winter has been celebrated since time immemorial and has just as much to do with Christianity as chocolate eggs and giant bunny rabbits.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Wow. You are the first Christian to admit that to me. You have my respect.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Santa Clause comes from Saint Nicholas. A Christian from Turkey that helped the needy. Christmas is a combination of Christ Mass. While there are pagan origins just as with Easter, they became Christian holidays ( holiday means holy day) when the pagans became Christians. They did not have to give up the celebration. It's turning something that was originally not serving God to something that is. There's nothing Satanic about Christmas and Easter if celebrated in the way it came to be after the conversion of Pagans.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If telling kids Santa is not real leads them to also believe god is not real, then why do billions of Christians who believe in god still celebrate Christmas? In fact, Christianity is more popular today than ever before.

It's a double-edged sword, it is used to mock Jesus and his teachings and to also reinforce faith in god because if god weren't real, they would have been told that by their parents just like they did with Santa. Them not being told god isn't real reinforces their belief in him.
edit on 8-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I see it like this..Its psychological conditioning. Parents who were taught to believe in God, were taught by their parents and it goes back generations. But this Santa Clause thing..how far does that actually go back..I mean the tradition of this character who rides a sled of reindeer and has magical powers, well according to Wikipedia..aka the take it with a pinch of salt network... Santa goes back a very long way indeed..and was formerly the God Odin among other figures. No surprise there, as Christmas was a pagan festival anyhow. And I don't have a problem with any of that. the problem comes about when you specifically link a figure womb you know is a lie, to a future who you say is real which in the case of Christmas is Jesus, who has so many things in common with Santa. He fed the 5000 with a miracle, walked on water and rose from the dead, whilst Santa gives free gifts to all the good children of the world in one night, flying a magic sledge and isn't Santa immortal as well? well he certainly has been around a hell of a long time if he isn't and that is yet another thing in common with Jesus....

Perhaps Christians should look for a new, more accurate date to celebrate Christs birth, when all is considered, as it would be more accurate anyhow and it would remove this problem of associating a lie with what your trying to say is true. I suspect bundling Santa with Jesus on the same day has come about delibretly to undermine Christianity...That's all....Especially when you consider the rampant unchristian consumerism and the fact we knowingly lie about Santa the same time were telling kids to believe in Jesus, who has so much in common with Santa.

Santa may go back to a pagan time before Christianity, but I am more curious as to when the modern myth of Santa appeared in our culture, the one we lie about. When did the lie start? because it's significant the fact it's bundled in with Christs birthday, which inst even his alleged historical birth anyway.

like I said the clues are not even subtle when you look at them. Your either a pagan or a Christian. So why would Christians who believe Christmas is about Christ, why would they even mention a pagan God Santa clause to their kids??? Why, oh because its so endemic and expected and pushed on people in our "secular" culture.

The Christmas tree, again is pagan, not that there is anything wrong with being a pagan. whats wrong, is using one belief to cancel out another. Christmas does this with both beliefs, it cancels out paganism with Christianity and Paganism cancels out Christianity. I'm sure old pagans would be angered about chopping down their sacred tree to stick it in our homes, just as much as they would also be angered to have people say their pagan God is a myth. On top of that using these traditions and subverting them into a pop culture of mass consumerism has overtaken the whole idea of a Christian celebration and in doing so has not only subverted pagan traditions but Christian beliefs also.

edit on 8-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk

Santa Clause comes from Saint Nicholas. A Christian from Turkey that helped the needy. Christmas is a combination of Christ Mass. While there are pagan origins just as with Easter, they became Christian holidays ( holiday means holy day) when the pagans became Christians. They did not have to give up the celebration. It's turning something that was originally not serving God to something that is. There's nothing Satanic about Christmas and Easter if celebrated in the way it came to be after the conversion of Pagans.

Excellent recounting of the natural, normal logic implemented by Christians today when the understanding of their holiday's origin is made known. And for most, this is enough to explain the continued keeping of this day. Which is expected and accepted as a whole among the vast majority of chirstianity.

You are meant to choose for yourself what is true and what is false, what is good and what is evil in this age we are living in now; so please understand, this reply is not meant to affect your life in any way, but to address others that might read this rational and expected explination you came to the conclusion off, that have not decided what they think about the topic and are not convicted of their belief regarding its substance. To those readers I say:

God already created Holy Days that were commanded to be kept forever as a sign of who God's people were. They are the 7 annual Holy Days of God, observed faithfully by Jesus Christ every year of His life on Earth; while He was living perfectly as the example for His followers to come.

What christianity has done, is taken something that was not worshipping God from the traditions of men (paganism) and used it to create new holidays not commanded by God to be kept.

Mark 7:8-9
"For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men"... He (Jesus) said to them, “All too well you reject the commandments of God, that you may keep your traditions of men."

Again I understand you made a personal decision to believe as you do and I respect that freedom immensly, and find joy in your minds ability to make a choice and stick to it.

God Bless,
edit on 8-5-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

If Santa is supposedly saint Nicholas.. then have a look at this page and you tell me who the fat guy with the long white beard actually represents?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

short and good answer

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Santa's red and white costume comes from the colors of a special psychedelic mushroom that is found certain times of the year out in the Forrest, growing under, you guessed it, the real Christmas tree. The ritual of Christmas was consuming the red and white mushroom, being transported to the magical land of the psychedelic phenomena where all wishes are granted as fast as the imagination can conceive of them. Hence the giving of gifts during Christmas.

It didn't have anything to do with Satan or Jesus, originally. But, over time, different cultures meet, and their customs merge into a new custom containing elements of both cultures.

We see the same thing happening today in Brazil, where various African Voodoo practices are mixed in with Christian ideas, and a new religion has been formed out of the blend.

people.opposingviews.com...

edit on 8-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Go away you pagans, christians you red faced zealots you narrow minded baffons. Cling to your piety your tradition, your socially accepted belife's. Build your conspiracys among conspiracys further validating your mongoloid ideas. Dont you understand that you and your faiths of all types and creeds are to be rememberd forever as a mark of humans immaturity? our races reason for death destruction. Your minds and mine could hardly fathom vastness of what this is. We are on a floating rock spinning around a star, amongst billions of other stars, amongst billions of galaxy's. Yet your feable minds know..
edit on 8-5-2013 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"Christmas a satanic ritual?"

IMO,dunno and dont care.

Xmas is,whatever people want it to be.
It can be a christian/religious event,or just a holiday.

Its whatever you take out of it.
Me,im an athiest,and I have no problems with people displaying nativity scenes & such.

And I wouldnt care if people sacraficed chocolate santas,while burning mistle toe,to the devil.
It's there choice.

I enjoy the light displays,family,the great food,and presents,yes Presents(no shame here)

And even some xmas music,

So perhaps the OP is right,but that wont change how most people celebrate the holiday.

~Just my 2 cents~
Cheers!

Oh and......

edit on 8-5-2013 by Black_Fox because: SpELLing

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe I just overlooked this in the thread, but I think this issue has already been addressed in the bible.

>
King James Bible

1Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

6Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.

7Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.

8But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.

It is as clear as night and day. All organized religions have been corrupted. Not just religion, but every charitable organization in this would is full of reprobates.
edit on 8-5-2013 by dIS3MBoW3MeNt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You know you can't spell Santa without

S-A-T-A-N

Christmas is an allegory for the winter solstice. God's sun dies on the cross December 21, is dead for three days Dec 22, 23, 24. and then rises December 25. just watch the documentary Zeitgeist, it has a nice explanation. I think at some time in the past the winter solstice was removed from the story and moved to Easter, where the cross story makes no sense. But the birth of God's sun remained December 25.

IMO if you believe in God or the creator, then you should celebrate the winter solstice because it is within his power to let the sun die and leave us in darkness. So I say let's celebrate, gifts presents, singing, family, good food. I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

No, because Easter and Christmas are not commanded by anyone to be celebrated. You can celebrate them if you want.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk
You know you can't spell Santa without

S-A-T-A-N

That's typical of Christians. Always taking the devils work, and turning it around. This practice was supposed to exorcise the demons. Denying them a place to rest. Twisting the demonic into the angelic. Transmutation of lead poison into the gold chalice. Turning the unholy into the holy.

The Christians did this wherever they could. Even the Vatican is built on top of an unholy site.

www.spiritdaily.net...

Christians were busy exorcising pagans, stealing their signs, symbols, rites, and places of worship, and transforming them into the Lords' things.

That way, no one could "separate" themselves from the Christians, because they fused everybody into their cult.

It was called spiritual alchemy.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

S&F For you!

I too have been studying this for some time. And i do believe it to be a from of Satanic Ritual.

Along with the things you noted why do they sometimes refer to Christmas as X-Mas?
Putting an X in place of the word Christ should be unsettling to everyone.

Also let's look at Santa's most famous Quote "Ho-Ho-Ho"
This has no meaning in the english language, so just what is Santa talking about here?
There are 6 letters between "H" and "O" thus Ho-Ho-Ho is 6-6-6.

Another thing id like to point out is the Christmas tree decorative garlands.
Why do we swirl them around our tree in the shape of a snake?
Is this symbolic of the serpent in the tree in the Garden of Eden?

You will definitely want to look into "Saturnalia"

An Ancient Roman Festival that took place in late December that included Gift Giving, Tree Decorating & Human Sacrifice. And is well known to have influenced Christmas.

I could go on and on but i don't want to hijack your thread.

Thanks for shedding light on this. I love it when people are paying attention and not just following blindly.
edit on 8-5-2013 by ReAwakened because: mispelling

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Your theory of Christmas is all well and dandy, except for the fact that at that time of the season, humans tend to be more caring, cheerful, understanding, and giving then other times in the year. Except when shopping perhaps.

For a supposed Satanic ritual, I'd say it is failing terribly.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I believe that Santa is typed on the post-tomb "resurrected" Christ in his elder years, and that Nicholas of Myra who slapped a Bishop at the council of Nicea, was imitating what he knew of the elder Jesus including outfitting himself in a red cloak with white trimmings, which would have been an appropriate way for Jesus to celebrate his Great Work during every winter solstice thereafter because of the nature of the death and resurrection ritual which points to the divine order of the annual cycle of life on earth..

Not Satan. But I've thought of that aspect as well.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 8-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You know if you read this entire thread with Satan this Satan that Santa Satan blah lag Mithras Saturn Nimrod Baal Bael I mean good grief it all sounds bat# crazy. It really does,

Now Imagine a CHILD hearing all this? Talk about a mind screw, Trauma, forget Satan Santa trees and planets, the back n forth is enough to drive ANY child into a traumatized frenzy. As for Anagrams,

OK I got be for ya,

DEVIL. LIVED.

Have you lived? OK then DEVIL. YOU a DEVIL if you have lived.

mean seriously, lol, Who ever came up with this mind binding fear inducing crap Should have a garland wrapped around him or it and then Hung up n a pole, don't care if it's human alien or deity. It's INSANE, no wk der billions have died and killed children, of Course they have, their religions drove them NUTS. ANIMALS DON'T DO ANY OF THIS GARBAGE, WHY. You would Think, animals who depend on the bio diversity of the planet Would set up altars, rituals, Something, yet they don't. I think animals think WE are the stupid ones. Animals dont care about Santa or Satan or any of that other hogwash, they DO care however about sme asshole man with his spear hunting masses to prove his god inspired powers...or being rounded up in some mans gladiator stage or zoo. They Do care if you cut down all the trees and birds have no where to lay nests.

As for Christmas, for me, it was the ONLY happy time in the abusive CHRISTIAN whacked out family I ever had as a child, the fantasy was far better than the Real DEMONS I had to deal with and still do (PTSD) FROM all the so called Gods and abusive men and religions and misogynist sick hate. Abusive parent (mother) and alcoholic grandparent and religious men in their gov/church secret deals...(from DC area, my birth place) and all the generational insanity there, Plus never mind the conversion from Catholic to Baptist to Pentecostal via my mother when she wasn't in occult and want to talk NUTCASES, the most hateful abusive people and more para normal nightmare garbage that I still am haunted, try growing up in a Christian town of 100 churches with a mascot called Demons. Satan, Christmas, the least of my worries,

And besides, Sunday, Monday, Zodiacs, hey I was born in Jan, so I'm a goat too, I mean where does it END? I'm beginning to think, the on,y Real Satan is in people's MINDS, that he was created BY people, from their OWN evil Hearts,

That and, HOW do we know, what is truth? All these nimrod this mystery that, talk about GAMES, a d HOW many children and POWERLESS people, mostly women and children, DESTROYED by this garbage? Screw it, you. KnOw, I think HELL if it exists, might make more damn sense to go there, because if This is the best the gods can do, then Heaven must be nuttier than earth. All I see, is POWER devouring the WEAK, wow, what a way to prop up POWER, no wonder so many abusive men and people in religion. Gee, ya think...so Give me the trees and lights and presents or not, cookies and reindeer and cheesy movies, because THEY aren't the ones destroying children and families...idiots in pulpits, thrones and chambers are...

Worry more about what your Children see YOU do, than about Santa, THAT'S what they'll remember. I'll take Santa and the Fantasy over the Jesus mess and the People who were mean as hell ANY day, the only Demons I see and saw, are RELIGIONS and the System from those religions. ALL of them...maybe why they Kill children, abuse and Hate women and silence them...because Victims, see them for the LIARS they all are. Santa myth is the Least of your worries there.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Christmas being satanic? How stupid, but being gay is alright? Screw your dog or cat next who gives a #. All you people who are atheists, gay, transgender attention getting morons need to quit using reverse prejudice against people with morals and disrespecting us. I have no ill will toward you except for the fact you just want attention, what didn’t your mommy and daddy give you enough when you were children?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join