learn more

Christmas a satanic ritual?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here are some things that have increasingly struck me over the years about Christmas, as being completely the reverse of what Christianity is supposed to be.

First thing to take notice of is the wording of the superman of christmas. Santa is an anagram of Satan, obviously I cant be the first person to have noticed that. Father Christmas is very close to saying Father of Christ, which of course would be a lie. Saint Nick, Nick is also used for "Old Nick" another name for satan once again.

Next consider Santa and his superhuman abilities, how he can go all over the world in one night. Materialize down Chimneys. has flying reindeer and can give every "Good" child a reward and leave a lump of coal for the "bad" children. Sound like anyone familiar? God perhaps? Not just that but Santa also is portrayed as an old man with long white beard, how often is God portrayed in our pop culture as such a figure. So You can conclude father Christmas is supposedly God. but this is where the kicker is.

We are coerced in this society to LIE to our children, because of social pressure to conform to the myth of Santa. If we even dare tell our children the truth, they might tell others its not true and we might face the wrath of local parents for ruining Christmas for their kids as well as "ruining" Christmas for our own families. So it is a well orchestrated conspiracy, one that has gone on for generations. So when we were children, our parents lied to us too and not only that but out of the whole of society we trust or parents the most, so when we eventually find out there is no santa it is a loss of innocents, to find out even our parents lie to us. it may sound trivial now, but to a child's mind this is a big shock. So this is the first strangely suspicious thing about Christmas. Lieing to your kids.

Now as I already stated Christmas is supposed to be a christian festival, So its Christians who practice it. the same Christians that teach their kids about God and Jesus, and the miracles of Jesus etc. now at the same time your being taught about the miraculous Jesus your getting lied to about Santa, who also performs miracles. Think about that, because when your revealed the truth about Santa, and that your most trusted parents were all to happy and willing to mislead you about a superman in a red suit, think about what that does to our faith or acceptance of the other superman called Jesus. That's right, it destroys our faith in Jesus, not just in his miracles but in his existence and his true message. And don't forget, Santa Clause is intrinsically linked to Christmas, which is Christs birth. If one is a huge conspiracy and lie, then imagine the repercussions for the other, especially in a child's mind. Coincidence? I highly doubt it.

There's more. Gift giving. This is materialism. The one thing i believe Jesus taught us to reject most of all. Jesus rejected the material world, the world of things, he even stayed celibate, if that is not a rejection of worldly things what is. He even rejected an easy way out, offered to him by Pilot, instead he rejected his own life and physical body, in order to stay true to his convictions and principals. Not only is materialism against Christianity but, we go crazy with it at Christmas, more than at any other time of the year. people have to have bigger and better gifts, and lots of people only give to receive etc....satanic much.

One other thing i notice is that even Christians accept Jesus was born in the summer time and not in the winter, so December 25 is known to not be the birth of Christ, it's a false date, but we know it's false and celebrate it anyway, as the birth of Jesus, how insulting..Imagine having people celebrate your birthday on the wrong day. Of course we are given an excuse for this..because it comes from when Christians merged Christs birth with the pagan celebrations of winter, this is said to be done because winter is a depressing time of year and we may as well celebrate something to cheer us all up.

Finally, and most telling of all, we have the Christmas tree. The firn tree aka the evergreen, is sacred to the old pagans and druids because it never changed or shed its leaves during the year. it stayed green, this represented everlasting life and immortality. So it is indeed a tree that represents Christ. And you might say it is very fitting that this tree is used for Christmas. Except for this fact. what do we do with Christmas trees, the immortal tree? We chop it down and stick it in our homes, not only making it yet another material possession, when we could admire it in nature, but in possessing it and taking it from the soil that sustains its life and cutting away its roots we kill it within a week and all its green pine needles turn brown and fall away. I really think the evidence is overwhelming that Christmas is satanic, full of satanic anti Christ symbolism and rituals and that Christians have been duped into insulting their own beliefs. No wonder Christmas is so heavily promoted by the media, where as you would hardly even notice Easter, as the only things on sale are chocolate eggs, but even that encourages gluttony.

edit on 7-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, I don't believe that the concept of Santa Claus is necessarily bad. However, I do believe that much too many parents fool their children into believing in Santa Claus, and from my experience, the children take the concept too seriously, which can cause some problems.

That's the problem with religion. A couple of people hundreds or even thousands of years ago do something, and from then on, people take what they did too seriously, and make it a ritual; a very big ritual.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually, god looks a little like Santa.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by extraterrestrialentity
Well, I don't believe that the concept of Santa Claus is necessarily bad. However, I do believe that much too many parents fool their children into believing in Santa Claus, and from my experience, the children take the concept too seriously, which can cause some problems.

That's the problem with religion. A couple of people hundreds or even thousands of years ago do something, and from then on, people take what they did too seriously, and make it a ritual; a very big ritual.

I understand people taking issue organised religion. i have done so myself. In this particular case I am showing how organised religion has promoted a pagan festival, which main thing in common with Christianity was the tree of life, but how we even managed to kill the tree of life, which is supposed to represent the risen Christ.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
S&F

But I think that the whole concept of gift giving is suppose to be in hommage of the 3 wise men giving baby Jesus gifts.... (the gifts were rather odd by the way)...

But this is like saying each of our children is equivalent to Jesus? (maybe...maybe not)

"A bunch of hypocritic Christians, the land of no religion
My Santa Claus was missing, catch you slippin' then it's Christmas"
-ASAP Rocky-- (Long Live ASAP)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
While I'd agree, Christmas has become evil by it's commercialization (Christmas advertisements before Halloween, is what it's coming to)...I can't agree with anything saying it's negative in it's core for how it's observed or practiced. Sure parents perpetuate the Santa myth. Why not? It was harmless enough when I was growing up. My dad even had a friend from work come play Santa one year so I could "peek in" from the hallway and see "him" in the act of leaving presents. It was a special and warm memory I still hold dear.

Not for the idea that was really Santa. I'm a grown adult now. Of course I know better. No....It was the love and deep care that demonstrated from my parents to how they wanted my childhood to be special from my perspective. Do away with Christmas? Well, that's one less excuse to be good to each other and bother with the 'better side' of our being.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Actually, god looks a little like Santa.

Lol, well I wouldn't know as I've never seen either.

I can imagine though, given both are imaginary.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"Festivus for the rest of us" is surely a satantic holiday as well. Just look at the mysterious Kramer, and his other-worldly lust for coffee tables and cubans. How the highlight of the holiday is a godforsaken fight to the death between the host of the "Festivus Dinner" (i.e. Satanic brunch) and a guest of his choosing. The 'Veep' lady comes to the Festivus ceremony in runny make-up which makes her look demonic, as does the woman who keeps changing between good looking and bad looking when Jerry sees her in a metaphorical "different light". And last but not least, everyone at the Festivus table must go around and tell each of the other participants what they don't like about them, thus bringing about the impulse-murders of dozens of people a year.

So don't scare us with Christmas as a satanic ritual, but look to the more popular Festivus for your underworld lord's true stamp of approval. When I see that alumunim pole go up in my neighborhood park this year I'm going to make the sign of lacrosse and run away full gallop.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
S&F

But I think that the whole concept of gift giving is suppose to be in hommage of the 3 wise men giving baby Jesus gifts.... (the gifts were rather odd by the way)...

But this is like saying each of our children is equivalent to Jesus? (maybe...maybe not)

"A bunch of hypocritic Christians, the land of no religion
My Santa Claus was missing, catch you slippin' then it's Christmas"
-ASAP Rocky-- (Long Live ASAP)

Gold was a gift to a King
Frankincense was a representation of a priest and Myrrh was used in embalming dead people
Not that strange at all

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well santa is chubby and god isn't

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What does Christmas have to do with Jesus anyway? Jesus was born in the spring. Most scholars agree.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
reply to post by rickymouse

Well santa is chubby and god isn't

And you know this for sure

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes cause I saw santa when I was little and he is fat and jolly

God wears a white robe and has brown hair

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You take that back.

Or I, the champion of Christmas, will make you.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

It is one of many Pagan festivals that Christianity has hijacked. Much more relevant, though, is the Christian equation of Paganism with Satanism. Out with the old, and in with the new.

edit on 7-5-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: of spelling, eh?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
"Satanism" in the vein Christians put forth is essentially "reverse Christianity".

Christmas does have Pagan origins but was never used to celebrate "Satan" as that was derived from and is a Christian Myth.

All the Holidays we celebrate are essential Pagan in Origin including Easter. They were hijacked by Emporer Constantine and the Nicaea Council for political purposes (IMHO) and to make an easier transition into "Christianity" from the Pagan masses.

And the whole Santa/Satan thing is not only insane- It is incomprehensible.

EDIT: Satanism as a religion is essentially secular humanism (to be as brief as possible) with some differences. Many books written on the Subject. "Satanism" ("devil worship") as Christians see it is just reverse Christianity and often anything they do not understand and does not elevate their own deity (must be "Satanic")
edit on 7-5-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why does the internet exist?
Is it for the sole purpose of destroying knowledge?

Listen, Christmas is not satanic...however its not a Christian holy day either..or wasn't.
Winter Solstice has been around long before the time of Christ..it was just the church latching onto already existing observances to make it easier on the simple minded plebs moreso than trying to accurately find a time and day.

Marketing already done so to speak.

As far as Santa Claus is concerned, here:
Origins of Santa
Excerpt:

After the American Revolution, New Yorkers remembered with pride their colony's nearly-forgotten Dutch roots. John Pintard, the influential patriot and antiquarian who founded the New York Historical Society in 1804, promoted St. Nicholas as patron saint of both society and city. In January 1809, Washington Irving joined the society and on St. Nicholas Day that same year, he published the satirical fiction, Knickerbocker's History of New York, with numerous references to a jolly St. Nicholas character. This was not the saintly bishop, rather an elfin Dutch burgher with a clay pipe. These delightful flights of imagination are the source of the New Amsterdam St. Nicholas legends: that the first Dutch emigrant ship had a figurehead of St. Nicholas: that St. Nicholas Day was observed in the colony; that the first church was dedicated to him; and that St. Nicholas comes down chimneys to bring gifts. Irving's work was regarded as the "first notable work of imagination in the New World."

Many other fascinating things in the linked article..with facts and references and all sorts.

Now lets stop making stuff up...information is already murky enough without rewriting stuff based on wild unfounded ponderings (or as I used to call it, "stoner talk")

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Christian church connected itself to many MANY pagan beliefs and ideals not just at Christmas Easter anyone?

They did it to themselves although I think if you feel 100% like this join a branch that does not celebrate anything like Jehovah Witness! But frankly I don't think there is a "Christian" Church on earth right now that follows Jesus' teachings to a large degree. But I also believe they should have dumped the Jewish bible as well because the NT and OT clash worse than Santa and his magic reindeer!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Christmas is less Satanic than Christianity. The reason is that Christmas has roots in pre-Christian beliefs and therefore "pre-Satan". Unless something is based in the Abrahamic faith system, it can not be Satanic. In my signature, I have been writing threads on the Sabbats as they pass and Yule is one of those threads. Here is the Yule thread..

You are right on a few points but the overall idea of it being "Satanic" is more off than you could imagine. Those of us who celebrate the winter solstice as the pre-Christian holiday it is, don't really have a vested interest in the Christian pantheon therefore we cannot be Satanic.

Oh, and here's my version of Santa (the Holly King). I post this because you say he looks like the Christian god and the Holly King is literally an aspect of The Horned God so you were kind of on track there, too.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Cuervo because: added some ho ho ho

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

100% correct and excellent OP.

Add to your findings:
-The "yule log" (child sacrifice in the fire, yule = boy)
-The circle Reath (sungod)
-Mistle Toe
-Ginger Bread Cookies (children burnt offerings)
-8 reindeer (8 legged horse of Odin/Satan)
-Winter Solstice rebirth-day of the Sun god Tammutz (evergreen tree)
-12 days of Christmas (12 days of the winter "yule" festival of Tammutz/Baal)
-Scripture specifically attributes cutting down a tree, bringing it into your home, decorating it with "gold" and "lights" and nailing it upright as worship to pagan Gods more then 500 years before Jesus Chrsit was born.

Those who follow God and His son Jesus Christ do not keep the Satanic day of the "Mass of Christ", a day in which Satan mocks much of God's truth in the worst possible manner.

Now look into easter (Goddess Easter/Aeoster/Ishtar) and find more of the same. God's poeple keep the Passover, as Christ did, not Easter.

Keep it up OP, this is a major understanding many "christians" never are willing to grasp.

God Bless,
edit on 7-5-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join