Christmas a satanic ritual?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Typically, I enjoy to lurk but I am inclined to respond to this.
There are some things in the OP that I agree with, and some that I don't.
Do I think the meaning of Christmas has been twisted in the endless pursuit of the almighty dollar? Absolutely.
Do I think it is Satanic in nature with a malicious undertone to destroy true Christianity? Absolutely not.
The interpretation in the OP is basically the Christmas traditions of the west. Why has nothing been touched on the religious side? I would be interested in knowing when was the last time most people on this thread went to a Christmas service in church actually

Let me share with you the Christmas I grew up with (I was raised Orthodox Christian in Greece as a child so the following will be foreign to most people).

Christmas Tree
When I was a child, we had a Christmas tree. It was decorated with fake candles, and fake snow to represent the beauty of said tree in the winter time. It was a fake tree, and part of the joy of the season was putting it together and decorating it as a family, we never once considered it sacred or religious. No more than someone would consider their curtains or wall paintings as such.

Santa Claus and gifts.
In Greece "Santa Claus" is not St Nick, but St Basil and he brings kids presents on January 1st (his feast day) not Dec 25 I remember being allowed to open one present on Dec 24, one on the 25, and the rest on Jan 1.
Historically St Basil was born into vast fortune, he decided to give up his wealth to become a monk. He wrapped all his possessions into gifts and gave them away to people (specifically the poor and children) and he took all his gold coins, baked each one into sweet bread loaves and gave one to each household. As Children we were raised that we give gifts to commemorate the memory of St Basil, and that his spirit blesses us when we do so, but the focus is on giving, not receiving. It was also a tradition to give our old toys that weren't broken to a toy drive. Nothing there about a fat man dressed in red and white (thank you Coca Cola).
The "Santa" to "Satan" anagram to me is meaningless. "Santa" is a Latinized word for "Saint" and means nothing in non Latin based languages. Keep in mind, the entire world is not English speaking.

Real meaning of Christmas (for my family anyhow)
Growing up, Christmas was more about the birth of Christ, spending time with loves ones, and helping those less fortunate. We would volunteer at a food bank during the day on the 24th and go to evening church service later on. The next day was a day of getting together with family for a large meal since it was the end of Christmas lent. As well as going from house to house singing Christmas Carols, which most people would reward us with either a warm drink or sweets.

In conclusion, it was never important as to what day of the year we celebrated the birth of Christ, or the myth of a fat saint coming down your chimney to leave gifts. It was all about spending time together helping out your neighbour and contemplating how we can make a difference where it matters which is not Satanic or evil at all. We've tried to keep these traditions alive now that we moved back to Canada but it never ceases to amaze me how much the commercialization of Christmas has been embraced here.
I may decorate my home, and buy presents for my loved ones to celebrate the time of year, but I never forget the reason for the season, and intend to keep my childhood traditions for the next generation.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Konstantinos because: shpelin

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

I think you celebrate Christmas in the way that it is intended by Christians to be celebrated. I see the OP's post in the context of religious syncretism. I think he has made very valid points. There are numerous "ambivalent" symbols associated with Christmas. They can be used and are used in a pagan context.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thank you for your compliment and I agree about the symbols. However, I've grown up with a different version of Santa Claus (and when I was very young, did believe he was real until I turned 5 or 6), I've given and received presents, I enjoy decorating a Christmas tree, I say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" and I've never worked on Dec 25th. Does this mean that I'm way off with Christian meaning? Or that I am contributing to a Satanic version of the celebration? Or that I am blind and ignorant to the true meaning of it? I don't think so.
I just felt that this had turned into a giant Christmas-bashing post, hence my reply.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Konstantinos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If one studies religion in a non-religious way, simply as an academic, looking for patterns and trends and developments and disregarding the validity of any particular religious belief, then the appearance of Christ can be seen as a "corrective" in the development of Jewish religious ideas.

I don't have time to make a long post but the monotheistic religions can be seen, from the outside, academically, as an attempt to get legal control of religious activity, much the same way that Monsanto attempts to patent life forms and to forbid the use of other life forms as per tradition.

Monotheistic religion forbade eating the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. It took that tool out of the hands of people, or tried to. It substituted legalistic systems and a supreme philosophical abstraction for living spiritual experience.

Christ comes along to reintroduce knowledge of good and evil and to pull back from religion as legal franchise.

But there is a whole other world of religious experience that has never died, based upon spiritual realities that can be experienced in vivid detail by anyone who takes the trouble to learn how.

I understand, I believe, why this separation of experiences occurred, but also the fact that they overlap in places. I don't censure any sincere believer who is trying to be good.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Um.... This thread is so stupid it's gotta be a joke right?

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well, it goes back to dualism I suppose. The saint gave his possessions away to become a monk...in other words to give up the material world and live a humble and simple existence gets you closer to a spiritual God.

But if your the one who receives the material gifts, your being taken further away from God. Yin Yang, etc.

I agree to give things away is the way to go at Christmas, if your doing to celebrate Christ, but that is generally not what happens. People usually only give something in order to receive something in return. then we have kids who make Christmas lists, and not just kids adults do the same thing. I want this, i want that...how can that be Christian?

The only positive that you can then derive form having Santa Clause, is that it is him who takes the credit from all the gifts. Making the act of giving selfless and anonymous.

Maybe a better way to go is with anonymous gift giving for everyone. Perhaps dropping gifts on random doorsteps etc. You hears stories now and again where people do this with money. This sounds much more Christian to me.
edit on 9-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So what does that say about the Pope's golden scepter and gaudy crown? Or the former Pope's huge mansion? Or the billions of dollars in assets that the Vatican clings to with greedy old fingers while declaring that the poor and needy must be attended to?

Their mission is to save souls, but I think by "souls", they mean gold.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I got bored reading this half-way through. Sorry, but when you lose your 'innocents' at being told that Santa isn't real, most of us I think would have realised it was done for our benefit.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree there's nothing Satanic about Christmas -apart from maybe killing the tree of life by not (usually) looking after it well at the home. BUT...
I fully agree there is an awful lot that is Satanic about Santa. Santa is all materialism, even his red outfit is from the modern day, marketing influence, of Coca Cola. The only good thing about Santa is not giving to bad children. But since that would in practice be a very profound & horrible statement, in practice even the bad kids don't get denied, so it's really another lie.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

So what does that say about the Pope's golden scepter and gaudy crown? Or the former Pope's huge mansion? Or the billions of dollars in assets that the Vatican clings to with greedy old fingers while declaring that the poor and needy must be attended to?

Their mission is to save souls, but I think by "souls", they mean gold.

Yeah I exactly agree. Most things are in plain sight but people choose to bury their heads in the sand. Charities are another example of hypocrisy. We all know the money does not solve starvation because if money solved it, poverty would have been wiped out years ago..No, its usually money that causes it.

At the end of the day money =earthly power. Without a huge amount of gold etc, the Vatican would have no earthly power nor would any so called Charities with their CEO's on six figure salaries.

This all goes back to money being the root to all evil...well as i said already repeatedly... worshiping material goods and the material world, and this means to envy or be jealous of other peoples "stuff" including their partners. It only degenerates the human mind and eventually human behavior. this is why the meaning of the word satanic has been corrupted and lost on people. Being satanic does not mean worshiping an invisible devil who lives in another dimension. Being satanic does not mean going to a literal hell after you die. All being satanic means is worshiping and clinging on to this physical life. Thats all that being being satanic means. And it is a negative way to live, because it causes you to degenerate emotionally and physically making the life you craved so much harder to live. You end up in a hell on earth, one generated by your own mind and thoughts. Just as Buddha taught, its the same as Jesus.

"I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Yeah how is it done for your benefit? Your convinced he is real, then told he is not. So its ok to lie to kids? secondly parents who carry out this tradition also make their kids "believe" in magical or miraculous powers..flying reindeer, a benevolent guy who is immortal, etc,etc. Only to later tell them it was all made up. I think the point of how this tradition is combined with the alleged birth of another immortal superhuman who your telling your kids is real, only helps to destroy their belief in Christ. i think it's pretty obvious that one is linked to the other.

The issue also is, once we are told literal magic and miracles are not real, we lose faith in these supernatural forces. Even christians say the miracles of the bible are only their to help us interpret Jesu's message. See. Bundling a fake superman with an alleged real superman on the same day, is really using one to kill the belief in the other. the truth is as a Christian, your supposed to "literally" believe in miracles.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
S&F

But I think that the whole concept of gift giving is suppose to be in hommage of the 3 wise men giving baby Jesus gifts.... (the gifts were rather odd by the way)...

But this is like saying each of our children is equivalent to Jesus? (maybe...maybe not)

"A bunch of hypocritic Christians, the land of no religion
My Santa Claus was missing, catch you slippin' then it's Christmas"
-ASAP Rocky-- (Long Live ASAP)

In Matthew Chapter 2 is the story. It is quite different from the popular versions.
1. King Herod learned of the birth of the "king of the jews" from the traveling astrologers who were following the star.
2. Herod sent the astrologers to spy out the location and report back.
3. Jehovah intervened. The astrologers did not return to report to Herod. Also Jehovah told Joseph to hide the baby Jesus in Egypt.
4. Then Herod had all babies under two years of age murdered in Bethlehem.
5. The baby stayed hidden until after the death of Herod.

The date of the birth of Jesus is not given in the Bible. Probably it became associated with the pagan festival at the winter solstice, around December 25, which soon followed.

The question becomes: why do the organized religions promote the celebration of Jesus "birthday" on December 25? The answer is probably more commercial than religious. Many retailers find that the christmas season accounts for 50% of their yearly revenue.

Teaching children the false story of santa claus can lead to later problems with authority for the child. Both the authority of the parents and the clergy.

Organized religion has done a poor job of representing the Bible to their flocks.

Regards,

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

santa was an old shaman from syberia who would bring dried mushrooms to houses in winter that have been covered in snow so he has to go trough the roof to deliver them to people.using raindear as transport of course and sleds.u can talk for hours pagan ,not pagan,satanic whatever,the truth is,first interaction was with plants and it started rolling from there,smart people took advantage of it and now they are selling u the story of jesus and mohamed and how god will punish u if u try the fruit...haha,slick ,slick...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
In the catholic church at least, when you take communion you are supposed to "LITERALLY" believe the bread and wine changes in to the actual flesh and blood of Christ. I wonder how many people literally believe this actually happens??? See, a rational minded person cant accept such things...and destroying our belief in the supernatural starts when we are lied to delibretly about Santa.

The issue goes deep. Look at the "placebo effect" in medicine. Its a healing effect that only comes about due to the belief in the power of the medicine or the doctor or both. Sometimes this placebo effect is so significant that people have been cured of incurable illnesses. In short unexplained miraculous events..and not ones ascribed to Jesus but purely to an individuals power of belief. yet if a person does not believe in the impossible due to lies like Santa, could it be we may have been cheated out of a hugely significant and important aspect of what it is to be human?

As I said, the Bible is full of the word faith. faith in the impossible is a very strong element of the Bible.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth11
santa was an old shaman from syberia who would bring dried mushrooms to houses in winter that have been covered in snow so he has to go trough the roof to deliver them to people.using raindear as transport of course and sleds.

That makes sense and is simple and easy to remember.

. . . the truth is,first interaction was with plants and it started rolling from there

That's a little vague but probably fairly close to the truth as far as "Santa" goes.

smart people took advantage of it and now they are selling u the story of jesus and mohamed and how god will punish u if u try the fruit...haha,slick ,slick...

The monotheisms are about social organisation, the adoption and simplification of religion for the purposes of politics, maintaining the social order and creating revenue streams. So, yeah.

Of course, these things are not necessarily bad as long as there is scope for people to pursue their own interests in the context of a tolerant society. Totalitarianism is what I don't like in religion.
edit on 9-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat

In the catholic church at least, when you take communion you are supposed to "LITERALLY" believe the bread and wine changes in to the actual flesh and blood of Christ. I wonder how many people literally believe this actually happens??? See, a rational minded person cant accept such things...and destroying our belief in the supernatural starts when we are lied to delibretly about Santa.

The Catholic Mass has esoteric overtones also.

Santeria makes use of the notion of the "communion of saints" to introduce their own "saints" and elements of ancestor worship into Catholicism, but the fact is that those elements don't have to be "introduced". They are present in the living Catholic tradition to the very spiritual.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Also, let us not forget that when you rearrange the letters in the word
"Santa" you can spell "Satan."

Great thread! I, too, have thought about Christmas being a possible tool for Satan.

I haven't celebrated Christmas for the last 4 years now --it all came about by accident.
I had, and continue to have health issues and couldn't decorate my house and I couldn't buy presents and I couldn't go anywhere for Christmas Eve. So, everyone came by me --no presents, no tree, no decorations, no lights, etc. There was just food and family and fun. --the way it's supposed to be! And you know what? It was THE best Christmas our family ever had!

Satan LOVES to take family events and add other things. After a time, if those things are not present, then the family gathering seems boring. Like, having a movie, usually with a Christmas theme of course, playing in the Living Room on Christmas Eve. Many families do this. The people who are not currently in a conversation, or who are eating, will go into the Living Room and watch this movie.

Have you ever noticed people, say in the Family Room are talking and the ones in the Living Room where the TV is are not? The TV is preventing people from starting a conversation with another --it's a distraction tool and Satan relies heavily on it. If you were to remove that TV, there will not only be conversations in the Family Room, but also the Living Room as well. It's an experiment I tried for a few years and there's no doubt about it.

All of those things are just distractions --the lights, the tree, the TV, etc.

I've tried to take all of that out and I have started a Christmas Eve tradition that has gained momentum within my family and friends. A couple towns in my area put white bags (like white lunch bags) on the edge of their property on Christmas Eve. In those white bags they put sand. The purpose of the sand is twofold. One, the sand adds weight to the bag so it won't blow away. And second, the sand holds, what I'm just about to get to, the candle firmly in place. So you got the bag and the sand, next is the candle. You place the candle in the sand and light the candle. The white bag now glows and flickers throughout the magical night of Christmas Eve! This is called Luminaria.

What I do, and this has now caught on, I go to these couple towns on Christmas Eve and when I drive down a street and see a bag that is not lit, I stop the car, and as I re-light the candle I say a prayer for someone. The order in which I say prayers is: my immediate family first, Then all of my nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Then I say prayers for my friends. Then I'll say a prayer for people I knew --old girlfriends, old friends I once knew, people who had a special place in my life at one point, etc. THEN, after ALL that, I will say a prayer for my favorite celebs who had a positive influence in my life (athletes, musicians, writers, actors, etc.). Then I'll say a few prayers for people I don't know, but who really need prayers said on their behalf --I'll ask God to have "this" or "that" prayer reach whoever needs it most in the world at that particular time.

It also depends on how many bags need re-lighting. If alot of bags are not lit, I can then say 1 prayer for each candle I re-light. If I can see only a few bags have gone out, then as I re-light a candle and instead of one person for each candle lit, I'll say 5, or even 10 people for each candle I need to re-light.

It's very rewarding! Not only am I performing a random act of kindness for every person I pray for, but I'm also relighting all of the bags that have blown out so now other families who are driving around, looking at the beauty of the white bags, can now share in the experience as its meant to be seen and fully enjoyed --a road that is "completed" with fully lighted white bags. When it's snowing out, the experience is something truly spectacular! The kids love it!

I hope more and more people will catch on. it's a great Christmas Eve tradition that a family can do for 30 minutes or so, before or after they go to church, and before or after the family gathering. It teaches people young and old many wonderful qualities.

It may be cold outside, but this heart-warming, family experience will keep you nice and toasty.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Christmas on the face of it, to children is a time of year when Santa brings them presents if they've been good. They are taught to be believe in a Grand day when they spend time with the people they love, eat lots of food, laugh and exchange gifts. When I found out that Santa wasn't real it wasn't the disturbing bombshell you make it out to be. I will tell my daughter that Santa brings her presents not because i'm a liar but because the spirit of Christmas is a great thing. Christmas isn't just one thing. When she asks I will tell her the truth but the joy of Christmas won't just disappear because a 'superman' in a red suit doesn't bring her presents. By the time she asks if ever, then It'll be no big deal.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

like a thief in the night... who shows up and eats the cookies? Who also in the past is draw in artwork as an old man with naked little children? Likes a north pole... or a stick pointing up? like an erection? shows up in the middle of the night and gives little children something to play with? Like some art of jesus withlittle children resting their heads in his crotch... Everything is sickening about life once you start to notice. Kind of like noticing how not only do people hard sexual things in plain site art work but it also applies to the language its elf! For example, went to tim hortons in Canada months ago and on their BAGS were art work with clearly disguise Vagina. vaginas on a bag/sack... This is a sexual and sadly a lot is pedophilia based culture once you notice. Kind of like Santa cumming down the chimney... Get it? Like the opening at the top/head... Don't mean to blunt, crude or insulting just saying once you notice things like hearts referring to the shapes such as a womans rear end and listening to music... things like GUNS/penis's and roses/prolapsed anus' start to make a creepish sense and things start seeming quite crude on earth. Other things like being crucified with a 9 inch NAIL in each hand. Even the cross and ahnk look like a reference to male genitals.

Maybe I just have a perverse mind though.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cbb28767

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah I am pretty sure it's due to you having a perverse mind.

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join