It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

Incredibly true about what they want to believe. Most folks people would see angels/god as being an E.t, due to knowledge of the universe, the heavens, as well as flight. Especially with the Ancient Alien series making such claim, as well as years of other fellow believers, and the infamous space brothers(Now who's really believing in demons?). And again, true, it is all comparison.

The size of the universe is the biggest argument that are "pro other life out there", while the extreme difficulty of traveling or be located is the "con side of life out there".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Would aliens be evil or just be indifferent? Documentaries as well as what the religions have taught could be a reason why we would think an alien civilation is evil. I read some where once there was a law against talking to any extraterestial who might land and want to talk to you.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Demons are products of humanity's negative thought forms. We breathe energy into their existence by simply needing them to exist. In truth nothing exists but the gradation of energy -- which is energy existing either farther away from or toward Source. The farther away from Source, the lower the entity's vibration -- or "demonic".

Humans refer to energetic forms as "angelic" or "demonic" based on their rough interpretation of the entity's vibration. This is usually meaningless, unless one is able to understand and recognize said energy. For someone who cannot read energy, an entity at almost any level is perceived as chaos. Hence, demons -- or, again, angels.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by grey9438

Unless they had contact with certain religious sects, and they didn't follow such a trend, could cause such a demonized view. Atheist Aliens, that know the universe, but yet refuse religion would be a great sample explanation.

If they know the universe/reality then they know what happens after death and per definition will not be atheists. Being atheist falls apart when you have experianced to much and even only have a hint on how synchronicity works. Just to clarify I do not believe in any human religious views and dogma.

I am pretty sure people who know to much become somewhat spiritual and psychic to a degree. The problem is that the human individual do not want to evolve to the next stage of awareness and traps itself in a prison of the mind/ego/ with dualistic small minded thoughts. I know because I do it myself.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

I answered, to the best of my ability, the question raised in the OP.
I do not care if you disagree.
This is something I have LITERALLY spent thousands of hours researching. And that is just the alien side of the equation.
Religion?
Hell, I was born into the crap.
I made it abundantly clear in my first post here that I will not listen to such nonsense.

I am sorry if you feel that I am belittling your views right now, but I sorta am.

And once again, you know nothing of me. Call me materialistic, or anything else, once more and I will throw civility out the window.

Again, peddle your BS somewhere else.
I am interested in serious discussion. Not fairy tales.

Sorry again my friend and nothing you said makes me angry in anyway and I didn't mean to make you unhappy, you are allowed to speak as you wish and if you want to tease go ahead.

You research but all are eye witness accounts and some grainy video's and the one's that show them selves are either glowing orbs, some discs and that's it. We could believe ex-military and the farmer down the road or you could believe the government.

I believe you had an encounter and who's to say the Bad Guy has already fell because in Roswell was storm and what sounded like thunder when he hit the ground.

When Jesus say's this “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven,” and nobody else witnessed him falling and the government covered it up twice to throw the people off and make the illusion that it was aliens by planting the debris.

The government make the decision for world domination and took the bait hook line and sinker, by creating an alien agenda they kill two birds with one stone.

The Bad Guy gets the world to believe less in God

The other Bad Guy gets the power

Abductions are for there bodies because they gave up their angelic bodies because they fell to earth and the big eyed alien are the fallen from the book Enoch who where deformed for their betrayal.

Some of those beings are allowed to roam freely and we these as shadow people and they play ghosts.

Again I never intended to make you angry but have nice debate with you and again I am very sorry and I am very interested in hearing your account.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jvarga390

I'd say indifferent. Again, this is where I think an alien civilization would think little of us, and would not come into contact, even though they could be seen. Also due to them being advanced, they would look down on our ancestors, and our ancestors would call them evil for they didn't want anything to do with religious control.

I recall one my friends telling me that the U.S. Army, number one rule is that their is no such thing as aliens/or UFO's.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Brigidshine

In a way true, demons would/or could end up being negative thoughts. Like repression of emotions, or memories, could end being plaguing one, could be the exact definition of demon.

I'd rather not go into demonology if you don't mind, the thread was just to point out why many folks, especially certain people on the web say demonic quite quickly. I'm just curious to see opinions.

Let say if a real Alien civilization did in fact contact our civilization, and they had no concern/ or allegiance at all with the so called "Brethren from space", or they just couldn't care about God. Or maybe they pretended to be the God themselves for convenience, or a really cruel practical joke.

I guarantee you, they would instantaneously be targeted as Demons.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

I'm only saying atheists due to them being advanced in science, and they probably do have a spark in them once in a while, or just all the time.

Also knowing that their is a place that we all go after death would be a natural phenomena of the universe, where some civilizations have gone so far in their knowledge, they would hardly try to make a religion of it. A type 3 would be border line there, while type 4 been there and done that.

To them it would be just as simple as nature.

As far as the definition of atheist, it just believing in yourself.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Warrior, what you seem to be forgetting is that without the sort of research, and investigation that scientific analysis can provide, the alien question will never be answered to the satisfaction of all mankind. Only a select group of individuals can accept the word of God on face value, and only a small number can take the word of mystics, shamans, meditative communicators, and others whose word and faith are held as evidence for anything what so ever.

And the alien question is one which is far to large to be encompassed in such terms, precisely because the question of wether or not our species is alone in our universe is one which interests people from all walks of life, living under all sorts of intricate social conventions. Science, and its idiot brother, mathematics, are the only languages that truely unite these groups, and therefore offer the only method by which anything of substance can, or ever will be proven to the greater whole of mankind. Science transcends nationality, religion, and political stance, because in every nation, and in every culture, there are those who use its methods.

To use the Bible, or any ancient religious document as a basis for an investigation into alien life is frankly moot. Even if such an investigation were to be enacted, its findings would be ignored by vast numbers of people, because the premise from which said investigation was started, would come into direct conflict with the beliefs of more than half the world. The same with the Muslim holy book, and for that matter any other ancient tome.

Starting from a position of pure logic, requiring no faith, just reason and observable fact, will produce results which cannot be assailed by any religious radicalism, political agenda, and which can be followed by thinking persons from every nation, equally. That is why scientific investigation of the subject is vital. At the moment the only organisations which have substantive files on the subject are government agencies the world over, and isolated bands of people who are seen as, and often do a pretty good job of appearing to be, crackpots and loonies of the highest standard.

We cannot trust the governments of the world to be transparent with us, because as we know, they are capable of and guilty of obfuscation in matters which, though important, are nothing like as vastly emotive as the subject of our position in the universe with regard to company. We cannot trust the nutbars who believe that thier navel fluff allows them deep insight into the workings of interstellar politics either, because thier claims are almost always unsupported by evidence. Therefore, a non-government organisation, with vast resources, no political affiliation or religious bias, which is DEDICATED to the cause of investigating this subject legitimately (not using methods like those Steven Greer employs for instance), is the only realistic endevour which might put this question to rest in a manner which is acceptable to all nationalities, and members of all faiths and political parties.

And I believe that such a thing is vital. Thinking ahead, the colonisation of outer space seems more and more important. As our resources here on Earth diminish, the mineral worth of the uninhabited worlds in our own solar system will be increasingly attractive to us as a species, and travel in the depths of space will become necessary for our very survival, rather than being necessary for our understanding and ability to learn the secrets to the mysteries of creation. It would be better to be as well informed about what is out there as we can be, before that era comes upon us.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I always knew Jesus was always thunderificly terrifying.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Please let me make this ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.
I have PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with beings not of this Earth.

To call them demonic is INSULTING. And I will combat those claims as veheminently as if someone were slandering one of my own children.

This is absolutely unacceptable in my view.
Period.

Hello my friend, just letting you know I have your back on this one and if anyone wants to spar, let it be with me.

Also could you direct me to the link about your personal experience if there is a link? If not lets plan a play date on chat/u2u to just hang out and talk.***

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I believe science and evolution through intelligent design and don't get me wrong I just wanted to make a point that if one is to say that the bible is written by man and so are all human books and that's all. Science is part of this world and has done a marvellous Job in providing people how things work and things are made. brilliant people all around the globe and I believe that science is vital part of our future but without the need of leaders because we will share all that we have with one another.

Look at the mathematicians on this site and story writers it's amazing that all this talent in one place and look at the musicians, I am proud of the human race but it's also known for war and violence and hate and when ever someone like me makes a post they attack?

Brilliant minds have begun to uncover how the universe works with excellent theories and experiments but we are limited with our technologies us average person can have. All alien encounters speak of a change or the planet is dying and so do many of other religions.

I presented my idea with my beliefs and showed how they could fit in to this theory of aliens and that's all and I don't understand what I did wrong and as of this post you will be happy that I will leave this post about why people think aliens are demons.

Peace my friends and sorry if I offended.
edit on 9-5-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2013 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Somewhere out in the universe is an intelligent being asking the very same question with his kind about demons.

Aliens probably do exist and the irony is they may well believe demons do!

edit on 9/5/13 by mirageman because: Spellings

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Don't feel to bad about it man. It just many of us have little concern at all about scriptures and rice paper. Not only that, I can tell most here aren't in too wearing tin hats.

No harm done, it just your point doesn't really make its point. That is all.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Who knows? Again demons could be just whats haunting someone, like old pains, past wrongs(if one was willing to change I guess for example), addictions, or even conquering their fear of heights, to fear of water.

For all we know they could be like, "I will be an angel to you if nice, but you do something that ticks me off, I be one hell of a demon." I have no clue where I'm trying to go with that one.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
reply to post by Specimen

I think Jacques Vallee's point is that what we are calling alien abduction, is indistinguishable from demon possession and occult activity. Moreover this very thing is described even in Medieval times. You can view that as the response of the 'ignorant masses', but in fact there is almost always a huge occult element in the abduction stories. Invariably the victims are dabblers in the occult and invariably the abductors seem to have a particular aversion to Jesus Christ.

I knew someone who was in a UFO cult. I can only describe her as heavily demonized, exhibiting strange powers that one would associate with witchcraft. She claimed to also be working for the CIA. Her bullet ridden body was found in Northern Mexico, and she survived! (Only to die mysteriously some time later.)

Your statement above is not true or a half truth. While sure "some" who have dabbled in the occult have become victims of abduction not all are dabbling or involved in occult. I see this lie posted so much. Do research that is unbiased. I know of Bible believing sweet grandmas abducted.. preachers. teachers You have a religions slant and world view. No doubt you think your not religious too I bet. I used to be like that then Yeshua truly set me free from religion and all the stink that goes with it and I can look at people and there stories as individuals and not with that biased religious judgemental crap that it all entails. Disgusting please face it.. you don't have all the answers and you never will bro..start there and then let the Love of Jesus Christ melt away that religious trash your always spewing. Jesus said they will hate us without a cause but sometimes I think that was a misprint lol no wonder people hate us.. it's like the blind leading the blind. If it wasnt for the fact I believe in Grace.. I'll stop as I don't want to inflict pain on a brother it's just I'm desperate to get you to see yourself ..just take a step back and look at all your canned answers.. My lord I sure hope Jesus returns like now I'm sick of dealing with folks smearing his Good name and Good nature .. as if..
edit on 5/9/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

First I don't know why you would attack my character if you claim to be a christian inasmuch as nothing I've said is particularly controversial among christians. In fact it seems odd to me that you would get upset by a christian taking such a stance.

Do you disagree with the statement that abductions have been halted by calling on the name of Jesus? Are you more versed in this phenomenon than Jacques Vallee, who as far as I know is not a christian, but has studied this phenomenon for decades.

Most of the contactees and abductees appear to have occult affiliations. These include, Greer, Strieber, and Billy Meier. They all seem to have a aversion to Jesus Christ. The UFO cults are hardly different. Look at the Raelians or Heavens Gate etc.

I believe my position is fully informed. You can also look at the interesting testimony on this site:
www.alienresistance.org...

We will have to agree to disagree. You can continue with your agenda if you must, and I will with mine. My agenda is to expose the truth.
edit on 10-5-2013 by SevenThunders because: spelling

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

my take is that maybe what people are lumping under one category is in fact two or more different things.

Maybe there are multidimensional thingies that come and harass sleepers for kicks or soul booty... and maybe there are star-trekie guys from parts unknown in the physical universe around us, a combo of the previous two options plus a near limitless mix of those and near infinite options unknown... clear?

I think I started my weekend already... apologies.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blahable

"People who believe in aliens have one thing working for them and thats odd are we not alone." (sic)

Well, I don't necessarily "believe in aliens," though I think their existence is definitely probable, but those who believe in them have another thing going for their worldview, and that is sometimes actual experience... which trumps reading, hearing or conjecture every time.

I haven't had the privilege, or mindf*#k, of meeting someone not of the human meatsuit... that I know of (I leave the encounters with non-physical entities out of this though it might be related).
I have friends, whom I trust as much as one being can trust another, who swear they have met non-human intelligences (other than dolphins, dogs, etc.).

I have seen structured vehicles that sure seemed like a technology from elsewhere... but nothing that would edge any and all doubt from my mind, especially since I have learned how unreliable our minds are.

But the folks who have interacted with non-humans have a pretty good reason to "believe." More than any reasons not to I think.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

"The closest solar system is easily 800 light years away. "

Sorry to clutter the thread... but the astronomy geek in me has to say the closest extra-solar system is Alpha Centauri at about 4.5 light years away... still a good distance, but hardly 800 light years... carry on.

edit on 5/11/2013 by Baddogma because: edited because my memory sucks

edit on 5/11/2013 by Baddogma because: ditto but thought proxima centauri was 3.5... o well wikipedia is always right... right?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join