It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

As for the Bible being a fairy tale, I suggest otherwise. The nation of Israel and the Jews are living proof that the Bible and it's prophecies are accurate. Israel was predicted to be reborn, a second time, in the last days, and it was

This comment is so freaking funny. Israel wasn't created until 1948. The bible has been around for alot longer. How convenient for them to use religion as an excuse for their own agenda. Oh were Israel god's chosen people we can do anything we want. Pathetic.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think aliens have a much better chance of being clever leprechauns than demons, since aliens are usually never trying to get people to make questionable moral choices. They're just messing with them.

The lack of any kind of moral component to alien interactions makes them almost de facto have nothing to do with demons.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is a quasi fascist notion out to demonize entire alien civilizations by certain religious sect's...who are determined to satisfy the religious elite's philosphy of religion, by the use of coercion, spreading of false belief's, kidnapping, assassinations and an overall attempt to subjugate the masses --- by the belief in superiority of one race or religion --- THERE'S!!!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
Why do many people believe people from other planets exist?

Its a question of probabilities. The same crap (Minerals, building blocks, gasses etc) that make you possible, are littered all across the universe. We have taken readings and detected these and confirmed that this is a fact. This makes it more than probable that in a universe billions of light years across, with billions of galaxies, planets and celestial bodies, there's a good chance we are not the only ones.

However, that doesn't mean aliens have visited earth. That, we have no proof of. Nothing credible or verifiable, anyway.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
You have to look at the phenomenon as a whole over many years to understand why demons are the best explanation. Jacque Vallee is a good source for this, since he's studied hundreds of cases. He notes that so called alien interaction with humans appears identical to demon possession and demonization, even going back to Medieval texts.

Moreover the testimony of the aliens themselves bear scrutiny. They appear to have an obsession with Jesus Christ. They are always trying to discredit his ministry, often claiming that he was just a space brother or that they 'created' him somehow.

The final nail in the coffin for me is that fact that alien abductions can be disrupted and halted by calling on the name of Jesus.
www.alienresistance.org...

As for the Bible being a fairy tale, I suggest otherwise. The nation of Israel and the Jews are living proof that the Bible and it's prophecies are accurate. Israel was predicted to be reborn, a second time, in the last days, and it was.

Are they discrediting Jesus or Paul preaching of Jesus?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

people think that extraterrestials are demons because they say that when they cry out for jesus during an abduction that the abduction stops, so they think that the power of christ compels them or something.

demonic spirits of the bible.... i would go for the idea that they are some kind of ultra-terrestial, either from or not of this world.

some people say that they are fallen angels, because of "O' Lucifer, how have you fallen from heaven."

and in revelation the dragon and his angels fought against archangel michael and his angels.
so thats why they say they are "fallen" angels cast down to the earth.

scary thought that angels and demons could be the same thing the only difference is what side they chose. god, or satan.

satan said in his heart " i will exalt myself above the stars of god", and in the bible stars are symbolically used to represent angels. so to say you will exalt yourself above the stars of god is to say you are better than all of the other angels combined.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

alien interaction with humans appears identical to demon possession and demonization

They appear to have an obsession with Jesus Christ.

alien abductions can be disrupted and halted by calling on the name of Jesus.

Alien interaction for dummies. Love the way it is written as facts...this is why it is impossible to have a conversation with a demon calling person

What do YOU think? It is okay not to know. What about: The probability for life on other planets are really huge, and if that is the case, you are an alien as well. This is a very interesting time, enjoy it instead of being afraid with that demon nonsense.

videnskab.dk...

www.nasa.gov...

/HamP

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It is not a matter of good and evil entities. Do not focus on black and white instead see all colors of the spectrum. What you call extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional entities are the same as the individuals of the human collective in that some will possess more perceived positive traits, while others more perceived negative ones.

If you live in fear then that will in turn draw the perceived negative entities to you, because you will resonate more with their vibrational frequency.

What you put out is what you get back.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It comes from the alien abduction phenomenon. Stories of demonic harassment during sleep paralysis episodes don't lend much credibility to the reports of being immobilized and messed around with by strange-looking beings. Therefore, the two must be one and the same. And since physical abduction seems absurd to begin with, the attacks must ALL be spiritual in nature.

Also, I think some people hold the view that the trend of extraterrestrials is distracting people from the Biblical concept of the world. Plus, some probably think that Christ's gift of salvation is cheapened by the existence of other worlds and civilizations. So it's more comfortable to think that aliens are just another variety of negative beings harassing people.

edit on 7-5-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae

I don't really know about them being 'demons' but I do know that they aren't as benevolent as people would have you believe.
It seems they don't just mutilate animals,there are a few examples of them doing the same to humans.And they were alive when it happened.Below is a link that has more info on this if your interested,but do beware,at the bottom of the page is some of the photos of the autopsy.DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE DUE TO GRAPHIC PHOTOS.So you have been warned.
Now if cutting up someone and torturing them isn't evil,I'm not sure what is,but demonic?Who knows.

www.think-aboutit.com...
edit on 7-5-2013 by Dimithae because: forgot link.

You have to look at this subjectively as one species interacting with another species. I'd like to point out that we as people butcher animals all the time, sometimes in some very inhumane ways. Yet this isn't seen as evil because we aren't doing this to our own species. So when you look at it from this perspective, the aliens themselves may not view themselves as evil, and we are merely labeling them as evil because they pose a danger to our lives. Though if a human were to be eaten by a lion, I'm sure that he will be alive and experience a great deal of pain as the lion enjoys its meal.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamP1980

alien interaction with humans appears identical to demon possession and demonization

They appear to have an obsession with Jesus Christ.

alien abductions can be disrupted and halted by calling on the name of Jesus.

Alien interaction for dummies. [...]

From what I've read, just being able to move a finger or say anything on your own pretty much "breaks the spell," whether it's a real thing or all happening in your mind. Either way, I'd guess that one of the first things I might be able to get out of my mouth in such a situation would be a hearty "Jesus Christ!" Another might be a slang expression for fecal matter. Either one would probably get the job done. But success with the latter wouldn't automatically convince me of "holy crap."

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They think they are demons because they are naive, ignorant religious nuts who think the Earth is 6,000 years old.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Why do people believe there is life outside of this planet? We can see farther, hear farther, monitor farther than ever. What have we found out in space? Nothing. No life anywhere. Vast emptiness that stretches possibly forever. Here on Earth though, there is life everywhere: desert heat, frozen tundra, volcanoes miles under water... everywhere. This planet is teeming with life.

Then we haven't looked far enough. The closest solar system is easily 800 light years away. Satellites that have been in space since the 60, have just barely exited our solar system. And will end up as garbage lost to the vacuum.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Lol.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Satan was supposed to be gods highest ranked angel, until he became jealous that man got gods favour. And that he would have to help serve humanity, as the story goes anyways. He would want the throne or title of god among men.

There are also myths that there are supposed to be two different type of angels, arch and regular, higher or lower. This what is what in today's culture symbolize with the angel over the shoulder, one represents light, the other dark. Micheal was supposed to be more on the positive side, while Gabriel was supposed to be somewhat of a grim reaper. Ether way, their allegiance was to god.

As far as demons could go, this could be anything bad, like gun powder, STI's(STD's or as god punishing you), or just psychological warfare, or to make them look like they are that terrorizes.

Btw, did you ever see that south park episode with that alien bank robber? Funny episode.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

@ Why do many people believe people from other planets / dimensions are Demons?

It seems that fear of the unknown causes many to feel this way. This is why 1 feels its beneficial to do personal research on the OP subject and then formulate ones own conclusion, based on the information that may or may not aware or enlighten some, more on the TRUTH...

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I think quite a few of those claims are from religious people whose religions had teachings that were based on humans and life being exclusive to earth, so view things like aliens as demons because their religion argues against the existence of aliens hence an alien is a deceiver and therefor a demon. Another reason is that early contactes were commonly told that the aliens came from mars and venus and after those planets were found to be uninhabitable their locations changed to places further off which could be interpreted as something pretending to be an alien.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
People from other planets do not exist. Demons are supposed to be spirits, so do not need oxygen, bodies, food or even a planet to live on as such.

Where did you get all that information so horribly wrong?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You asked us for our opinions on this. I believe that we have been visited by intelligent life forms from another planet. I don't believe in demons or that E.T. are demons. This opinion is based on substantial research and reading but I have no experience with either.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
People from other planets do not exist. Demons are supposed to be spirits, so do not need oxygen, bodies, food or even a planet to live on as such.

Where did you get all that information so horribly wrong?

Really? I forgot the part where the possibility of life on other planets is still a great possibility despite the unfathomable odds that we could find, or they would contact us.

Most scientist will agree that there is life out there, but their main question is " there intelligence out there?". Thus, if it intelligent(similar to us) they would social structures, thus making them people, although not our dictionary definition of people.

Also demons need a host to possess right, so in way they would still be physical wouldn't they.
Besides, like I really take this seriously.:roll
edit on 8-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join