It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by SevenThunders

Israel was predicted to be reborn, a second time, in the last days, and it was.

Yes, but it was created by people. Not God.

People are often used as agents of God, often without knowing it. Cyrus the Persian king was such a man, when he did the Lord's work by destroying Babylon. By the way God has promised us that Babylone would never be rebuilt or inhabited. The last person to try that was non other than Saddam Hussein. Not long after the Americans were using the site as an ammo dump for depleted uranium rounds. While it is an archeological site now, I have a feeling that rebuilding it is not a great idea.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

I think Jacques Vallee's point is that what we are calling alien abduction, is indistinguishable from demon possession and occult activity. Moreover this very thing is described even in Medieval times. You can view that as the response of the 'ignorant masses', but in fact there is almost always a huge occult element in the abduction stories. Invariably the victims are dabblers in the occult and invariably the abductors seem to have a particular aversion to Jesus Christ.

I knew someone who was in a UFO cult. I can only describe her as heavily demonized, exhibiting strange powers that one would associate with witchcraft. She claimed to also be working for the CIA. Her bullet ridden body was found in Northern Mexico, and she survived! (Only to die mysteriously some time later.)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Because it's a pathetic attempt to once again claim religion is right,. some people are full of it, that's why they say aliens are demons. It seems all the proof of 'do not take the stories literally but think what they describe if they happened' never goes to some brains. And speaking of ALIEN PROPAGANDA IN MOVIES, I can claim the same - DEMON/SATAN PROPAGANDA IN MOVIES, do I need to list the many movies about them too?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think maybe because of indoctrination from Hollywood that aliens are evil and out for our destruction? Or because they've read of abductees claiming to have had horrible experiences at the hands of ETs or interdimensional entities?

What people seem to forget-you have but to open a newspaper,or log onto a news site,to realise that for demonic evil,the human race don't have to stand back one millimeter for hellspawn.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am going to just respond to your title question here with a few insights I have assembled over the years. First of all I should explain that I am a Christian. By that, I mean that I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, I believe in Jesus Christ, my personal saviour.

However, I am also a person who trusts science to explain the physical reality that continues to astound and impress me every day. I believe that science is a method by which we mortals can learn from our observation, just how staggering the feat of creation was, how so ever achieved, and thereby know a measure of our creators genius, through the science we apply.

I am aware, however, that some people who profess a relationship with Jesus, and for that matter a whole host of deities, are unable to accept science as a tool for decrypting the mysteries of our lives, and of the wider universe. So drowned are they in unhelpful dogma, so indoctrinated are they, that these people explain EVERYTHING with the Bible (or insert other holy tome), and everything they cannot explain with the Bible, they either do one of two things. One, is to ignore everything that isnt recognised in scripture (which is surely the highest form of retardation), and the other is to explain everything with which they are unfamiliar as part of the forces of Satan, or a work of darkness.

I have never been able to understand this blinkered approach to faith. Untested faith, is no more important or useful to God, than is atheism, and un-informed faith is an untested faith.

On the matter at hand, I believe that science can, and eventually will prove the key to understanding wether or not we are alone in the physical universe. I believe that in relation to alleged alien visitation up until this point, that nothing has ever been conclusively proven with proper scientific rigor, of a depth which this important subject ought to warrant. Also, given that the end of the world continues to be nigh, rather than having come and gone, one can also assume that if these various eye witness accounts of close encounters are assumed to be real and merely unproven, then there is little probability that the things which have been seen, have any dark significance what so ever, and cannot be the forces of darkness come from hell to nibble on our soft bits.

Matters which pertain to the soul, the heart, and the healing of our species by love, one must leave in the hands of God. Matters which pertain to the physical universe, the understanding of the great mysteries within it, these are for mankind to uncover through his own sweat and mental gymnastics. The only alternative to this balance, is a chaos built of godlessness, or chaos through the rigid application of a dogmatic agenda. I do not believe that Jesus wished such ignorance and witless stupidity to be the fate of those who follow him. It is my understanding, that to appreciate the works of God, is not a thing to be done with ones eyes shut.

Besides, on this whole demons issue... there have been people set upon this planet, who have performed vast acts of terrible purpose, coated continents in blood and offal, killed without discrimination or thought, or reason, tortured for nothing more than the psycho-sexual thrill of it, and gutted innocents, and innocence out of nothing more than spite and venom in the soul. These we have truely known as a species in all our lifetimes. True enough, psychologists and political commentators alike have studied the perpetrators of murder and mayhem making. True enough criminals have been studied by profilers and a host of psychologists too. But if mankind ought to be concerned about a threat on his doorstep, presented by a ruthless, remorseless, relentless and evil enemy, then mankind must take a mirror to itself, to find the real danger as it stands now.

Perhaps the attached label of demon being placed upon the unknowns we face, is a desire on the part of the ill informed for the end to come, so that the final chapter in mans story can be written, and the important business of an eternity in heaven can begin. Perhaps it is impatience for the judgement of man, a desire to see sin finally erradicated which makes some people jump at poorly thought out conclusions, about matters which escape thier miniscule understanding.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Probably the best, most level headed reply I've seen on this subject.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I don't really know about them being 'demons' but I do know that they aren't as benevolent as people would have you believe.
It seems they don't just mutilate animals,there are a few examples of them doing the same to humans.And they were alive when it happened.Below is a link that has more info on this if your interested,but do beware,at the bottom of the page is some of the photos of the autopsy.DO NOT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE DUE TO GRAPHIC PHOTOS.So you have been warned.
Now if cutting up someone and torturing them isn't evil,I'm not sure what is,but demonic?Who knows.

www.think-aboutit.com...
edit on 7-5-2013 by Dimithae because: forgot link.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why do many people believe people from other planets exist?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think people see people/things from other planets as demons because it helps them cope better. If it ever does happen it would shake most peoples belief systems right down to their core. It would almost discredit everything they believed in up until that point. So they think of a way to make it somewhat reasonable for the person/thing from another planet to be here. That is why I think it is nothing more than a coping mechanism for people who aren't open to or are afraid of the possibility.
edit on 7-5-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I was never really into abduction stories, considering it could be many different things. Like for example, many people these days start fearing alien abduction due to it being such a movie motif, and since that question on every1 mind these days, are their aliens out there? They will start get scared due it being able to exist, and could eventually dream about. And their, you got your abduction story. As for medieval times however, this fear could just based off going to hell, by being taken by demons, much like today, being taken by aliens.

Carl Sagan had talked about abductions in the past, and the guy was highly respected. He talked about some other circumstances related to abduction in one of his books "The Demon Haunted World", which was kind of disturbing, and Im not going to talk about.

As for your friend, I'm sorry to hear that. Seem she used the third eye(pineal gland) to much, and calcified her gland. Believe me when I say this, most unpleasant experience.

I never really had a dream about abductions, and MAN the things I pissed off.

Phew. lol. Good times, good times.

edit on 7-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Agreed, and no, u need not list the movies. I got quite a few.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

It because the possibility, is very exciting for them.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Your post sounds like it was written by Einstein.

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."

I'm guessing, he wanted to start understanding the physics or mechanics behind consciousnesses as whole, after the WW2 nukes.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Sounds like emp was used, did your start back up again? I doubt they would be interested in children whatever reason. Interesting story though.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Aliens being angry at people for being dumb and a lack of empathy, could really explain it.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I believe the answer to the title question of your thread ("Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?") is: because if they find out the real truth; that there are life forms and beings that really do exist... for many all their religious beliefs would be severely challenged.

The entire universe was created; and I know there are other beings from other planets that do exist.

People who believe that they are demons are really ignorant and afraid of the truth.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Sounds like emp was used, did your start back up again? I doubt they would be interested in children whatever reason. Interesting story though.

After the event was over and the object gone - yes it started back up. I didn't bother trying to restart it while I was seeing the object. I'm fairly sure my mouth was dropped open, my eyes were huge, and I had a look of "deer in the headlights" when I was looking at it.

Cirque

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why do many people believe people from other planets are Demons?

For the same reason that just as many (if not more) see them as benevolent ET's; a million people can look at the same painting on a wall and each see something different.

My personal view is that there is an equal chance of either being correct... and until we make it real in the up-close and personal... who am I to judge?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's not that most of them believe that people from other planets are demons, it's that they think what we're calling aliens are actually demons.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Why do people believe there is life outside of this planet? We can see farther, hear farther, monitor farther than ever. What have we found out in space? Nothing. No life anywhere. Vast emptiness that stretches possibly forever. Here on Earth though, there is life everywhere: desert heat, frozen tundra, volcanoes miles under water... everywhere. This planet is teeming with life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join