It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam (vs the Man) Kokesh organizing an armed civil disobedience march on D.C.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by penninja

He was there to protest, not to dance. He was protesting that dancing is even considered protesting and the fact that the government has the authority and audacity to decide and enforce it in a shrine built for the ultimate champion of freedom.

Ever hear of irony or for that matter hypocrisy?

If anyone was being obnoxious that day, it was those cops. All of them and I mean all were looking for a fight, you can see it in their faces, in their actions and in their statements and body language. Adam did what he had to do to make his point, one that needed to be made and sometimes being nice, getting on your knees and saying please and thank you to authoritarians doesn't quite get the job done.

Does he?

Does the right to protest mean anywhere at anytime because a small group feels like doing whatever they want to a large group?

It's okay to shut down a city? Putting Thousands out of work for your cause?

It's fair to people who were on vacation and just wanted to see a statue to make a whole scene and ruin their day?

What exactly is the point? Is it reality? Do I actually want people dancing in a freaking museum when i'm trying to study a piece of art or read the stupid plaque or whatever?

NO POLITE PERSON WOULD DO IT.... is my only actual point

The issue to me is starting to go beyond freedom and into the realm of doing whatever the hell you want whenever you want regardless of other peoples emotions... I brought up the example of Japan, they don't let you use cell phones on the train... is that about freedom or just being annoying?

I don't think freedom includes the right to ANNOY others

More importantly this issue never had to come up in the past because when we were more cultured A 9 YEAR OLD WOULD KNOW NOT TO DO IT

Think about it, if I brought my kids to the Memorial... and they started dancing around... as a parent to TEACH my kids how to behave...if people were starting to stare at them... my kids would get at the least "The foot up your as is coming" look from me... if they didn't stop i'm grabbing an ear...

Are the cops wrong? Or do we raise spoiled brats that don't know how to behave in public? Even as adults?

Freedom? Not Freedom? Freedom works best when people know how to act in public like human beings....

THE COPS DIDN'T JUST ARREST TWO DANCERS.... They stepped in on a staged event... I haven't heard of anyone being arrested for dancing for real... I've seen THIS story with a guy showing up with cameras and a crew of Yahoos and creating a distraction in public place VIA INTENT

Let me add...

If what he plans on JULY 4th...results in one child getting shot sitting in his/her house watching cartoons... they should bring back public hangings for him You can protest and change laws without Guns...even if the law you protest is about Guns.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think he's a mouthy, ignorant, simple-minded fool who thinks he has more support than he actually does. And I think people have far more important things to be doing than "illegally" marching around in a threatening manner.

If he does manage to get anyone to go along with him I predict they will both be arrested within minutes and held under anti-terror laws before being released and then monitored for a decade. And I think that's what SHOULD happen.

Like it or not, this is threatening behaviour, and if he were Muslim you would all be screaming that he should be arrested right now. But because he's American and his issue is gun control and not religion, it's okay? lol

P.S. this is how idiots get themselves added to special lists

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Wait something is coming to me.
I see the FBI raiding his home in the future.

Yeah. Not a smart idea.
I guess some people always trying to ice skate uphill.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

The reason your allowed to express your opinion here on ATS or in this country in general is because people shot other people with guns so you would have the right to do so.

Do you know how many children are killed every week in drone strikes? If only you were consistent in your ideals, your knowledge and your misguided morality, you would be marching with him.

If one child is killed....................... Typical, guess you have never stopped to think about any one kid outside of the US border eh? Public hangings indeed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I imagine that since they have no permit they will quickly be disbanded before they even start. Either way, the cops won't let them march and shouldn't.

The distance they plan to march looks like about 10 miles, in the middle of summer, I wonder how many would even be capable of going that distance, how do they get to the start point?

From another website

but you need to add the walk from where they park to the starting point. The nearest parking is at the Pentagon, add another mile and another police force -- the National Park Police, since the G.W. Parkway and Arlington Cemetery are under its jurisdiction. Firearms are prohibited on Federal property, so that will invite ... um, .... enforcement if they park at the Pentagon and carry their weapons along the Parkway. They cannot travel on the Metro with firearms.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
I just watched the second video and i'm pretty speechless...

America, land of the free huh? ....

Best of luck to those who march.

s&f
edit on 5/5/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

Yeh man, it's free. It's free to arrest too. That's the thing. Everybody is free. Even the cops are free.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by havok

Our forefathers didn't whine and complain.
They took arms straight to the oppressors.
We should do the same!

That would be my exact sentiment.

Samuel Adams went out with John Hancock to instigate shootouts against British soldiers just for the fun of it--before the war even started.

I can't stand the attitude of people who think that "peaceably" protesting is the only recourse. Sometimes you just have to knock someone's teeth out.

They tried all other means first so by the time it got to open revolt they had no choices left.

They were being taxed to death with a standing British army on our land that they were being told to pay for. We are nowhere near the circumstances that they were.

They had no options left, we still do. However there is nothing wrong with protesting just don't do it armed because it won't be nearly as effective. Does anyone here think that getting into a firefight is going to make the government back off or increase their pressure to infringe on our rights.

Think about it. This is just plain stupid and is riddled with horrible scenarios.

Youre right, well maybe one more terror plot and you might be a little madder. You know, where they know just about every trick in the book to distract us. Not saying im for or against it. the guy is mad, and im sure theres others as well.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

People like this guy are what is destroying this nation.

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with.

That has got to be the single most ridiculous and pathetic statement i have heard in a good long while.

If you live in the US and do not absolutely know by now that our political system is corrupt and that the voting process is an absolute fraud then you truly have your head deep in the sand.

Just Google Voting Fraud for crying out loud...

And to say that someone who puts himself in harms way to stand up for your rights is what is destroying this nation and not the evil, child murdering, war mongering, economy plundering monsters in office, then i would say that it is sheople like you that are complicit in destroying our nation by sheer ignorance.

You sit on the sidelines and cheer-lead for tyranny and you will get Exactly the country you deserve.
edit on 5-5-2013 by ReAwakened because: mispelling

edit on 5-5-2013 by ReAwakened because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by ReAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

So whos going!?

Hopefully Millions and Millions! Nuff said!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Hmm, respectfully, why does a non violent event require loaded and slung weapons ?

Seems rather like an excuse for the gun totin' good ole' boys to do a bit of macho posturing.

March, by all means, but leave the guns at home, you won't be doing your cause any good, this way.

Think about it, if this march goes ahead, as planned, the authorities will quickly squash it. They couldn't afford not to, otherwise every gun owning group with a grievance might get the crazy notion that marching around Washington with loaded guns, means you'll get what you want. If you appear intimidating enough.....

If allowed to proceed, I sincerely hope It is a peaceable event and nobody gets hurt.

You live in a democracy, vote for change, anarchy is not the way.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Do you guys realize, Only Veterans or active, Police Authority, etc are the only ones who could take their arms and march like the last event he did last time in Washington D.C., They were only the ones that were able to march in line... Anyone else has to be on the sidewalk and I'm sure they arent the ones who are allowed to carry unless they are from that sate.

I think the same rules applies to this march event and every other march event. So only those with real experience with Weapons are the ones who will be carrying and there's no way in hell one of them could accidentally fire their guns especially if its strapped on their backs

I have read the whole 4 pages and not one mentioned what I mentioned... but what I think about this event is go for it, if they were trained in the military, I am sure they will use that same training while carrying those guns or if things goes sour, I am sure they know how to handle themselves under fire by whoever tries to stop them... and for those saying if something happens, he is stupid for being killed and no one will care... but thats the opposite, if something does happen in this event, he will be known as the one who tried to make a statement without using their arms while following the 2nd Amendment, Everyone who ever stood up, made some changes and gotten killed are all remember after death... examples like JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, Gandhi,, hell even 2Pac is still remembered after death for expressing his 1st Amendment within music or outside the music.. It will just bring people together, Well those who really knows whats going on and not relying on the MSM for information...

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why are people so threatened by this?

Yet not threatened by the encroaching police state.

People are talking about "bringing back public hangings" and all kinds of other nonsense. There truly is a contingent of brainwashed "sleepers" in this country, and abroad. People are going crazy and getting upset and nothing has happened yet.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This is a terrible idea.

Opposing stupidity doesnt mean we "support the Police State"- It means we oppose stupidity.

This is beyond civil disobedience and can/will be perceived as a threat. This is a show of force in the nations capital and nothing good will come of this (assuming this even happens which I doubt)

Even at the best case scenario (a fully peaceful event) this will only serve as an information gathering and identity database building exercise.

I am shaking my head here. This is really...really...Dumb.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Forget marching on DC someone tell this guy ,to go march into 51 , now that would be worth it ;-)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

In 2010 Glenn Beck organize a march on D.C. initial reports from the main stream media said that there was around 30,000 that marched. The problem is it is the lame stream media that does the reporting.
Actual figures estimate that between 300,000 and 650,000 people marched. The truth never hit the main stream media. They are nothing more than puppets to this tyrannical regime. So truth be told a peaceful march doesn't work. It would just be down played just like in 2010. Also it should be said that the number that marched at the restoring honor rally was a gross under estimation because so many people flooded the city that they closed down the highway system and didn't let any more in. So in reality far more wanted to attend, but weren't allowed to.
How much did you personally hear about this march ? Probably not much.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Correction We live in a constitutional republic. Not a democracy .
Keep that in mind.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Good. It's about time the people start exercising the 2nd Amendment.

Hopefully the police won't jump on them like they're terrorists.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I wish this Kokesh character the best of luck, I also found a soundtrack to his little event

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

They were being taxed to death with a standing British army on our land that they were being told to pay for. We are nowhere near the circumstances that they were.

We are being taxed to death here in America AND we have a standing army on our land that we pay for Homeland Security, FEMA, BATFE, TSA.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by guymontag
Why are people so threatened by this?

Yet not threatened by the encroaching police state.

1. You have a democratically elected government. If some Republican doesn't like the government and the choices it is making he needs to sit down and deal with it, not throw his toys out of his stroller. Having "armed people" protesting against a democratically elected government is a genuine threat, like it or not. Would you be supportive of a few thousand Muslims marching on Washington, armed? No, you would be screaming bloody murder about it! Why is this guy and his minority group any different? It's still a threatening act by a minority group against a democratically elected government. You wouldn't accept any other minority group acting like this - so stop making excuses for this special brand of nutter just because he's a pro-gun Republican!

2. People are just as threatened by the encroaching police state, but you have DEMOCRATIC ways of dealing with this and lobbying your elected to do as they are told! I have absolutely no doubt that 90% of those screaming about their horrible government probably don't even know the name of the person representing them in government, and if they do they don't bother to try to communicate with them at all. If so many people are terrified of the "police state" stealing their rights, PROTEST FIRST - PEACEFULLY AND SENSIBLY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join