It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam (vs the Man) Kokesh organizing an armed civil disobedience march on D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
From his facebook page:

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge.

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event.

We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny.

This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent.

Non-violent civil disobedience/non-compliance.

I'm relatively sure that its not "legal" to open carry loaded firearms in Washington D.C...

So whos going!?

Will be curious to see what becomes of this.

For those of you who may not be familiar with Adam, here are some personal favorites:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Hmm, Seems his how to make the police leave you alone technique has a few flaws in it.

So he is organizing an armed civil disobedience march, oughta be interesting.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yah you aint kiddin'.

But he likes to make a point regardless of the consequences.

Arrested for dancing...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Wow! Someone's really going to do this? I'm impressed.

I hadn't heard of him before, so I can't say "Woot!", because I don't know whether I agree with his platform or not. But, just the nerve to do this is impressive.

Reminds me of the "Run for the Wall" that bikers all over the country join up with and head for D.C. to arrive in time for the Memorial Day Parade. They start in California and pick up riders joining them along the way...hundreds of them.

Then "Rolling Thunder" takes place on Memorial Day, and estimates of 500,000 to 800,000 ride in it.
That's in support of Veterans. Activism is good. Government needs to never forget they are accountable to the people, and should be 'afraid' of that. In my opinion. Obviously they don't particularly care right now - and obviously "we the people" are not really 'deciding' anything.... but yes, civil disobedience is the best way to get the message across.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This could go bad very quickly. All it would take is one protester or one cop to fire a round and all hell would break loose. Some idiot may think it's hilarious to throw a firecracker at the cops. Or done on purpose to trigger a confrontation. If I were going to participate, I would carefully check the laws on open carry before showing up. This could be the event anti gunners are looking for, calling it an armed/violent move on Washington.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

You are 100% correct.

Or even a claim that someone was firing in order to justify a violent confrontation.

This could get real ugly real fast but the Adam doesnt seem to have any fear...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

True. Good point.
I won't be attending, since I'm lazy and just sit here and do my thing on ATS to make a dent...
I still promote the tenet that the people are supposed to be "the deciders". Government, OF, BY, and FOR the people.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I can't go but I can S&F this thread, which is going to be in the main page of ATS.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just watched the second video and i'm pretty speechless...

America, land of the free huh? ....

Best of luck to those who march.

s&f
edit on 5/5/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

wiki says this:

Six states and the District of Columbia fully prohibit the open carry of handguns.

If they're planning to carry rifles, that gets around it, I guess?

U.S. Carry
This website says:

What are the laws regarding open carry in the District of Columbia?
Open Carry is prohibited In Washington D.C.

It also says that DC does NOT honor state permits from Virginia or any other state. So, I don't know.
Looks like trouble to me. I guess it depends on how many of them there are.
If there are 100s or 1000s of them, and the police get into a ruckus with them....yeah, it could go really sour.
edit on 5-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Good for him, I would love to go.

I am tired of the attitude from people that we have to tiptoe around government. They need to be reminded that the people are the authority, not them.

And if something like this ever actually turned into a shootout, then awesome, because I honestly believe the United States is headed for Civil War.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Adam is a lot of things but he isnt stupid. If this happens and shots are fired that day it will not likely be a result of Adam enciting them. He believes in freedom and liberty but would only use violence as an absolute last resort. Perhaps for him, he has seen enough from this government and has decided he is going to send a message or even become a martyr, no one can know that except him.

There will be a time either now or very soon when many of us will have to make the choice to allow the Constitution to be degraded, ripped up and tossed aside from poloticians that have long become rogue, agents of foreign banks and corporations. We will have to take our country back or we will not have the America our fathers remembered in tact for our children.

What will your choice be when the time comes? Its a hard question to answer, probably even for yourselves but perhaps for Adam, the question is easy and I hope it becomes easier for all of us as the injustice piles up as its moving at light speed right now.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I smell a false flag on domestic homegrown terrorists aka American Patriots

Could this be the trigger they are so waiting for the summon full blown martial law,

And with the talks of war in the middle east they could do it under war status

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
People like this guy are what is destroying this nation.

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with. Facing down cops with loaded weapons is not how you respectablly change things.

I imagine that since they have no permit they will quickly be disbanded before they even start. Either way, the cops won't let them march and shouldn't.

These guys should take a lessen from the Civil Rights protestors and hold unarmed marches or sit-ins. What these guys are planning is the same thuggery they are supposedly fighting against.

Why trade one armed government tyrant for one public one?

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
-Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

+26 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with. Facing down cops with loaded weapons is not how you respectablly change things.

I imagine that since they have no permit they will quickly be disbanded before they even start. Either way, the cops won't let them march and shouldn't.

These guys should take a lessen from the Civil Rights protestors and hold unarmed marches or sit-ins. What these guys are planning is the same thuggery they are supposedly fighting against.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
-Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

No. Inaction in the face of tyranny and people who condone and promote it is what is destroying this country. Sound like anyone you know? The sooner you realize the American government has been taken away from public control and put into the hands of corporations, those who lobby on their behalf and foriegn banks the better. Its not our government, not for the people, not by the people.

Want evidence? The highest ranking prosector in our country admitted the banks are to big to hold accountable for crime, he said this on national television, you still dont see whats going on?

+14 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

No. He embodies the spirit of the Union far better than the people who would rather continue licking the boots that tread on them.

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with.

The voting system tends to be ignored.

Facing down cops with loaded weapons is not how you respectablly change things.

Sometimes, it is.

The cops need to be reminded of who the actual powers are, and who it is they are supposed to be serving.

Marching is not thuggery. The cops coming in to break up a march is thuggery. A person does not need "permission" to assemble. It is our right to do so, if you have to have permission you are not exercising a right.

Are you trolling? It's funny how the government defenders will cry foul and call the libertarians "tyrants" when the libertarians get fed up--but, you will continually turn a blind eye to the actual acts of tyranny perpetuated by the system.

Governments should be tyrannized by the people.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

No. Inaction in the face of tyranny and people who condone and promote it is what is destroying this country. Sound like anyone you know? The sooner you realize the American government has been taken away from public control and put into the hands of corporations, those who lobby on their behalf and foriegn banks the better. Its not our government, not for the people, not by the people.

Want evidence? The highest ranking prosector in our country admitted the banks are to big to hold accountable for crime, he said this on national television, you still dont see whats going on?

I agree we must stand up to tyranny but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Having a showdown with armed weapons will never lead to anything positive and should only be held as an absolute last resort, such as during our Revolution.

We still have ways to change things in this nation without armed conflict which this very well could turn out to be.

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

+12 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Really?
It's people like this guy that give me hope in the nation!
Far too long have the "kings and queens" of CONgress trampled on us!
Far too long has the entire "city" of the District of Columbia been unconstitutional!

I say: HELL YES! It's about damn time!
We have to fight for what is ours!
Not just sit around and let them plunder us to poverty!

I'm tired of these lazy, non-american-belief-having consumers sitting around saying "its over, there's nothing we can do".....when here is a prime example of what America is all about!
I thought the same way once, long ago...that mindset is long gone!

We need to set things straight in "DC". Period.
If it takes force, so be it.

Our forefathers didn't whine and complain.
They took arms straight to the oppressors.
We should do the same!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

A person does not need "permission" to assemble. It is our right to do so, if you have to have permission you are not exercising a right.

The Supreme Court would seem to disagree with you.

You do not always have a right to assemble.

+7 more 
posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You know, we got something called a voting system....

...and that system doesn't work because we have a fake 2 parties system. You are voting for the same puppeteers all the time, since JFK was killed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join