It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam (vs the Man) Kokesh organizing an armed civil disobedience march on D.C.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
In 2010 Glenn Beck organize a march on D.C. initial reports from the main stream media said that there was around 30,000 that marched. The problem is it is the lame stream media that does the reporting.
Actual figures estimate that between 300,000 and 650,000 people marched.

So, how do you know the real numbers, because Beck told you?

You do know the BS goes both ways right? Both exaggerate or underestimate as and when it suits, this happens at all events like that. You need to make an assessment based on your own evidence, not believing either side of it. The truth is that it was probably somewhere in the middle, and both are playing it their way with fake numbers.

The same happened with Occupy too. The protest march in New York was streaming live from helicopters showing tens of thousands of people, while the authorities were claiming far fewer numbers, and Occupy itself was suggesting far higher numbers.

Neither tells the truth.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by Hopechest
People like this guy are what is destroying this nation.

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with. Facing down cops with loaded weapons is not how you respectablly change things.

I imagine that since they have no permit they will quickly be disbanded before they even start. Either way, the cops won't let them march and shouldn't.

These guys should take a lessen from the Civil Rights protestors and hold unarmed marches or sit-ins. What these guys are planning is the same thuggery they are supposedly fighting against.

Why trade one armed government tyrant for one public one?

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
-Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

No. Inaction in the face of tyranny and people who condone and promote it is what is destroying this country. Sound like anyone you know? The sooner you realize the American government has been taken away from public control and put into the hands of corporations, those who lobby on their behalf and foriegn banks the better. Its not our government, not for the people, not by the people.

Want evidence? The highest ranking prosector in our country admitted the banks are to big to hold accountable for crime, he said this on national television, you still dont see whats going on?

Spot on Helious,not just for the American people but for those who have been or will be on the recieving end of the US government around the world.

Even though I applaud Adam in this I`m worried for him and those that show,your government are without doubt all over this already,its only in great numbers that the US gov forces have to make a personal decision "are they with the American citizens or the gov"

The American people all need to get together on this to make a difference and you wouldn`t even need weapons to do it (I`m against blood shed) and take your country back,its a numbers game,Aussies wouldn`t be far behind and if we aren`t? I won`t be complaining if you guys come and help here.This NWO crap has to stop somehow.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I see it as a great even exceptional reason for a Blood Bath. This can not 'even' turn out good. One firecracker and everyone takes the position. There would be pandemonium. How could there Not be? Just one protester with the safety off, one miss step, one false move. And the police will very likely open fire, along NO DOUBT with thousands of National Guard, Helicopter Gunships, heavy armor vehicles and the like. In theory, as in a principal, and in spirit, it sounds all good. But it will be overwhelming force against the demonstrators/marchers, that's just a given. I fully suspect this guy will be arrested long before the march on some 'terrorist' plot or made-up charge, and it will never materialize.

My supposition.......... I don't think it will manifest, I think it will be neutralized well before fruition.
However in principal....... I'm all for it. Even saying that could be construed as inciting something I could be rounded up for...... just saying. There will be more than these marchers that feel the wrath of our government.

And.... once this takes place...theoretical... the gates would be open for gun control to implement a nationwide confiscation. It could ultimately lead to regional Civil Wars. But that's the cost of Liberty.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
My prediction is few show up, all go to jail.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

his people might not shoot at all but the cops probably will and i am sure they are going to say they were fired upon and who do you think the media will say is right. the cops for sure . they president bliar pants comes out and says it was a coup attemt or terorist attack on gov , and uses that to get his anti gun legislation through why because congress is going to be scared we were coming for them.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by Helious

his people might not shoot at all but the cops probably will and i am sure they are going to say they were fired upon and who do you think the media will say is right. the cops for sure . they president bliar pants comes out and says it was a coup attemt or terorist attack on gov , and uses that to get his anti gun legislation through why because congress is going to be scared we were coming for them.

They are probably breaking the law by walking around with guns,

CARRY Carrying a handgun, rifle, or shotgun in the District is prohibited, except that a person holding a valid registration for a firearm may carry it in his home or place of business, while it is being used for lawful recreational purposes, and while being being transported for a lawful purpose in accordance with District or federal statute. No license to carry is available.

So unless they can say it's being transported for a lawful purpose, it's on.

www.nraila.org...
edit on 6-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am an avid 2nd amendment person. That being said, this is not a smart thing to do. The quote about "Non violent unless the government makes it violent" tells you what his subconscious mind is thinking.

Best case scenario, this event doesn't take place.

I can see this headed "bad" pretty quickly and believe me, the current administration would gladly lose a few leo's to further their agenda.

Originally posted by gladtobehere
From his facebook page:

On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge.

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event.

We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny.

This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent.

Non-violent civil disobedience/non-compliance.

I'm relatively sure that its not "legal" to open carry loaded firearms in Washington D.C...

So whos going!?

Will be curious to see what becomes of this.

For those of you who may not be familiar with Adam, here are some personal favorites:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No offense but armed conflict is not going to get your position heard, its going to get you dead. I happen to have hope in people that change the system without violence.

Look at the civil rights protesters who did not need to carry loaded weapons.

I recall civil rights protesters getting killed, beaten and jailed too.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

But not the constitution. Which carries more weight?

Policies ?
Statutes ?
Laws ?
Constitutional Rights ?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

No offense but armed conflict is not going to get your position heard, its going to get you dead. I happen to have hope in people that change the system without violence.

That really helped the protesters, I mean not that anyone being beaten or killed is a good thing for humanity. When people turned on their tv and saw unarmed human beings being beaten, it must have shaken them to the core. It was obviously a successful endeavor.

When people turn on their tv and see armed protesters being beaten it won't have the same effect. It will be seen as provoking violence from gun nuts.

Just my opinion, and I support the 2nd strongly.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Policies ?
Statutes ?
Laws ?
Constitutional Rights ?

I didn't write the law, and am not a lawyer, but it's fairly obvious you will be arrested.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Policies ?
Statutes ?
Laws ?
Constitutional Rights ?

I didn't write the law, and am not a lawyer, but it's fairly obvious you will be arrested.

You could be arrested, but the public can cause a reversal, or get you freed if they are vocal enough.
The question is, will the public support your actions, or leave you hanging out to dry?
When the government fears the people, you have liberty, when the people fear the government you have tyranny.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That really helped the protesters, I mean not that anyone being beaten or killed is a good thing for humanity. When people turned on their tv and saw unarmed human beings being beaten, it must have shaken them to the core. It was obviously a successful endeavor.

When people turn on their tv and see armed protesters being beaten it won't have the same effect. It will be seen as provoking violence from gun nuts.

But at issue is the right to carry arms.
If you don't exercise the right to carry, without actually carrying your arms, what good is that?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I hope they invite the black panthers. After the black panthers open carries to Sacromento, Reagan signed a bill to stop open carry

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Policies ?
Statutes ?
Laws ?
Constitutional Rights ?

You could be arrested, but the public can cause a reversal, or get you freed if they are vocal enough.
The question is, will the public support your actions, or leave you hanging out to dry?
When the government fears the people, you have liberty, when the people fear the government you have tyranny.

You will be arrested if the police see you carrying in the district, no doubt. Could you be freed? Possibly, almost anything is, but I don't believe the public would care at all in my opinion, it's going to be seen as provoking action. Think about where they are going to be walking with guns, the White house, the Capitol building, do you really think it wise to go walking around those with weapons out? Do you think the American people will think it wise you went walking around those buildings with weapons out? It really is just giving anti gun people ammunition.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

But at issue is the right to carry arms.
If you don't exercise the right to carry, without actually carrying your arms, what good is that?

It's all about where you are carrying, would you walk around a school with a gun out just because it's your right?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Having a group of armed, uncontrolled zealots who think that they are defending the constitution wandering around the Capitol on the day when fireworks are prevalent is stupid beyond belief. One beer-fueled hero with a martyr complex could cause more harm than all the terrorist attacks to date. Some on ATS talk of showing the US government who is boss and of saying violence is sometimes necessary, but I ask them if they can imagine their children caught in a crossfire or starved during a cold winter. Get smart. Stay home on the 4th, cook on the grill, play with the kids, drink beer, talk hero talk with your buddies and plan the revolution so you can carry guns everywhere and enjoy the results of unintended consequences. Then sober up and appreciate what you have.

Unless Adam is a complete idiot, I think the real plan is to announce the march well in advance so that law enforcement has time to prepare, have it squelched, and then Adam can be interviewed and whine about oppression.

If donations to Adam's cause were somehow involved, I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
This could go bad very quickly. All it would take is one protester or one cop to fire a round and all hell would break loose. Some idiot may think it's hilarious to throw a firecracker at the cops. Or done on purpose to trigger a confrontation. If I were going to participate, I would carefully check the laws on open carry before showing up. This could be the event anti gunners are looking for, calling it an armed/violent move on Washington.

See, that's where it should be a case of some twat doing that, and BOTH protesters and police point at the guy. He's the idiot.

What a world that would be, society in harmony with those opting to protect it and no malarky making everyone a potential something or other...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I smell a false flag on domestic homegrown terrorists aka American Patriots

Could this be the trigger they are so waiting for the summon full blown martial law,

And with the talks of war in the middle east they could do it under war status

you must be smelling something else, but I have to ask.

When would it not be a false flag then? I mean, if they want something, and would normally have to sneak it in under the guise of something else, but actually have the very thing they'd have to do, being done for them... that kinda makes it not a false flag. So when would it, to you, not be a false flag?

Everything is a false flag.. I think people really just don't know what it is. It's bandied about after everything, no thought, no consideration. Catchy tho!

To state that they are secretly planning things to stop the very things that you're openly already doing, isn't being aware.. it's paranoid. It's being scared of the bandaid because it means you've been cut. It's illogical.

Arghh lol it's another planet here.. it must be.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join