It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam (vs the Man) Kokesh organizing an armed civil disobedience march on D.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by havok

Our forefathers didn't whine and complain.
They took arms straight to the oppressors.
We should do the same!

That would be my exact sentiment.

Samuel Adams went out with John Hancock to instigate shootouts against British soldiers just for the fun of it--before the war even started.

I can't stand the attitude of people who think that "peaceably" protesting is the only recourse. Sometimes you just have to knock someone's teeth out.

Nice talk. So are you going to lead from the front? Or are you one of those that prefers to have someone else do it, while you watch it on TV or from behind your keyboard?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Kokesh is well connected to the Iraq anti-war movement and has marched side by side with known marxist groups in that effort.

To connect him with ANY conservative or Republican pro-gun movement is a mistake. He's best described as left leaning Libertarian as politics go.

If the Washington march is followed through on, I myself am looking for a huge false flag event to occur, at best Kokesh is an attention seeker at worst an agent provacateur. What a perfect set-up. Obama and Janet Napy could not ask for more.

I feel sorry for anyone duped into participating in what may be an event designed to achieve the opposite of what they believe in.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
well if he is going to do it I hope lots and I mean hundreds at least show up otherwise the police will be itching to start a party and call it domestic terrorism for the cameras.

I remember a vid for a demonstration a few months ago when citizens were having a illegal gathering and armed maltia showed up and stood between the police and the protestors the police immediately backed off and removed all weapons from plain sight it suddenly became really calm almost a carnival like atmosphere

found a vid for it here

edit on 5-5-2013 by mykingdomforthetruth because: vid

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've never been a fan of his, but I lost every ounce of respect for AK when he stabbed the liberty movement in the back during the primaries. He decided to stir the pot and cast doubt on the Ron Paul campaign just before the elections, when it really would have counted for him to show his support. Although it seems the Paul camp had had enough of his antics anyway.

Therefore, I wouldn't go to this event due to the fact that his name is associated with it.

Because...

I don't trust him and I think his allegiance lies with someone else...definitely not a Patriot.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Very neat idea.
I would bet anything that the only cowards left in D.C. that day, will be the ones wearing badges.
You know, the ones forced to stay there otherwise lose the paycheck.
If this excercise does go live, I imagine there would be no safe politician in the city.
Well, unless Dr. Ron Paul decided to go watch anyway.
I guess these protesters will not be pushed around by sound or water cannons, nor a big UCDavis sized tear gas cannister.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

You do realize that the organizer of the arizona event was murdered months later by the....ummm..."cartels"?
Yep, JT Ready and a few friends and his wife were all murdered!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

You do realize that the organizer of the arizona event was murdered months later by the....ummm..."cartels"?
Yep, JT Ready and a few friends and his wife were all murdered!

MY Heart just sank

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Wait a minute here.
So you are saying that all who protest against war are marxist commies?
Very interesting view there Sir or Madame.
Bizarro world indeed, I suspect you of being ill informed or receiving a paycheck.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Since I have read about this today...(this morning)...I keep getting a very uneasy feeling...and this is what it is: if this group somehow figures out a way and marches on Washington D.C. in protest...it will not turn out well...I think there may be violence...and if there is...I think the entire United States may be put under (Martial Law).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Nice talk. So are you going to lead from the front? Or are you one of those that prefers to have someone else do it, while you watch it on TV or from behind your keyboard?

If, and when the people decide enough is enough...
EVERYONE and I mean every, single, capable adult is going to be affected.
You think that if something happens, it will only be confined to a television screen?
Turn off the TV and do something.
Support the rally, or march yourself.
I've been there. I've been confronted by "police" to leave the steps.
Enough of this.

If the fight is 100's of miles away, would you do something? Or bash on the folks that talk about it?
At least there's fight left in some people, not just yappin' away behind a keyboard.
I've been to rallies, I've witnessed "police" dismantle public gatherings.
Maybe, all of the people aren't strong enough yet to instill fear back into the gov't.
They still aimlessly work, raise families and spend money.
All for what? To perpetuate the American Dream? Get real. It's over.
And we are getting weary. Weary of supporting all of it.
These people in office sold the US down river decades ago, we are just now learning about it.
They keep passing laws that don't make sense, and they don't read.

It's time to show force.
Force in numbers.

We, the people, will force you, the gov't, to change.

I say, or else...we'll stop funding you.
But everyone would have to agree.

edit on 5-5-2013 by havok because: clarity

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
People like this guy are what is destroying this nation.

You know, we got something called a voting system to make changes you don't agree with.

I can agree with this on a local level, but on a national level it's nearly impossible when you're up against a conglomerate of the rich and successful.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Phoenix

Wait a minute here.
So you are saying that all who protest against war are marxist commies?
Very interesting view there Sir or Madame.
Bizarro world indeed, I suspect you of being ill informed or receiving a paycheck.

No I did not say that all who protest against war - those are your words and I wish you'd not imply they are mine - thank you.

I PLAIN english Kokesh marched with groups who are known marxists and most on here think this guy is associated with conservatives - well he's not.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'd rather not express an opinion on the rightness or value of this move, but I would appreciate help in exploring the results. These are my first guesses, and hope for correction or additions.

1) The march is cancelled. I can't see anyway to spin this to make Kokesh or his movement look good.

2) They march without guns. That sort of contradicts the purpose of declaring they're not afraid. Another loss for Kokesh?

3) They march with guns and are basically ignored. Ok, maybe a small win? The claim might be that the police were cowards and too frightened to face the people.

4) They march with guns, and are attacked with fire hoses and tear gas, then back off. It's hard to see a win for Kokesh here. He's defeated by non-violent means like dozens of other marches before.

5) The fire hoses and tear gas don't work. Rubber bullets might be next. Win for Kokesh? Probably. He'll have lots of videos, claims of shots fired on the "innocent," and he becomes a "martyr leader."

6) Gun fire, people killed and wounded. I hesitate to offer an opinion here. Emotions and "theorists" will abound.

It seems the only real wins for Kokesh occur if people get hurt. I wonder if he's thinking that way.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Excellent points, every one, charles.

What is, statistically, the most likely outcome?
And...
how do we know this isn't a government "plant" false-flag op just to start something?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am so thinking agent provocateur.........
This is not the time to protest thusly.
The Army will be called into play and the whole shebang will be attacked by micro wave weapons which will have them throwing down their guns and running willy nilly to get away from the feeling they are on fire.
These micrwave cannon are not lethal, but they will disarm the crowd in jig time......
Then theres the drones............

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This just seems like a recipe for disaster.

One group of people trying to prove how tough they are and on the other side you have armed cops I am sure trying to show how tough they are.

Hopefully the leaders of both groups keep their people calm and actually trying to engage in some meaningful dialogue vs rhetoric.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Worst idea i've heard in a long time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just listened to the entire podcast in which Adam talks about this event. Any of you saying Adam is a nut, gun nut or is the problem with America have obviously never listened to him or heard what he had to say about this march. When repeated petitions are only met with further insult and injustice it becomes necessary to do something else.

You have to realize we are on the heals of a poll that revealed that 29% of registered voters think that an armed revolution will be required to protect liberty within the next few years. That's equates to conservatively 90 million Americans, you do the math. He isn't crazy, he's fed up.

It does appear as if this will happen and many will join him, I have my doubts if they will go through with LOADED weapons but we will see. He's a patriot who loves freedom, if your an American then you owe him the courtesy of researching what he is about before you make baseless decisions about his actions on the sole information of this thread.

He has stated multiple times that this is a PEACEFUL protest and march and if they are met with armed resistance they will turn back and acknowledge that free people are not welcome in DC.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't know what the big deal about this guy is....

He's kind of an ass

At a glance when you see the the thing where he's dancing at the memorial on instinct it feels like....oooo love dancing what is wrong

But realistically, Often I think Americans have confused "freedom" with being rude obnoxious jerks

Sure it's just "dancing" but it does distract they eye of security, so maybe for respect you tone it down at guarded places that are guarded because there are dangerous idiots that might want to make a statement...

I see similar things every day... I'm pro Gay rights but not so much for seeing a 6 3 guy in a thong in the produce section of the supermarket being loud and making a flamboyant scene... I'm pro gun mostly but I really don't like going into the circle k or out to a bar or night club and dudes are there with side arms.... not exactly "festive" I'm pro freedom of religion but I hate the knock on my door...

Freedom, the freedom to say what you want.... appropriately, the freedom to believe what you like etc etc...

Not to run around being a pain in the ass...

The Japanese have one up on us.... being POLITE is a part of their free society, it's not tolerated if your a jerk

Thousands of guys with guns marching on Washington?????

They should probably shoot them... I'm talking Gatling guns... Because that's not "the right to bear arms" that's a small army being assembled and marching on a target...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

He was there to protest, not to dance. He was protesting that dancing is even considered protesting and the fact that the government has the authority and audacity to decide and enforce it in a shrine built for the ultimate champion of freedom.

Ever hear of irony or for that matter hypocrisy?

If anyone was being obnoxious that day, it was those cops. All of them and I mean all were looking for a fight, you can see it in their faces, in their actions and in their statements and body language. Adam did what he had to do to make his point, one that needed to be made and sometimes being nice, getting on your knees and saying please and thank you to authoritarians doesn't quite get the job done.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join