Sequester Was The Right Thing To Do: Dow Just Hit 15,003 : Private Sector Growing Economy

page: 3
5
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Funny thing is that people were saying something very similar in 07', and we all know how 08' went. In 2007 the DOW was at record breaking highs and all was good and right with the US economy nothing could get in it's way, that is until 08' rolled around and there was nothing right or good with the economy. In just 6 short months decades of peoples savings and retirement funds in the form of 401k's were wiped out almost completely.

Keep cheering it on, because this cycle is doomed to repeat itself, just look at the historical chart for the DOW and you will see what is coming.

DJIA Historical Chart
edit on 5/3/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)


Hmmm...... 2007

Isn't that when the real estate market crashed?


Welcome to the year 2013. Take a deep breath and look around.

It took about 5 years but the real estate market has recovered. New homes are selling fast.




posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


This is very true, and it appears that the DOW bubble gets very weak when it hits record highs. I have very little in the market anymore, but I think this year I will stick to the old sell in May and go away strategy. Something tells me that there might be a very large dip coming later this year and into next.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Funny thing is if you knew anything about the housing market you would know that the "recovery" is anything but. There is a massive surplus of homes waiting to be dumped on the market by banks. Also the foreclosure rate is still very high compared to a decade ago.
The housing market isn't going to truly start to recover until the surplus of bank owned houses is drawn way down, and foreclosures get back to the lower end of the spectrum. The recovery that you hear about is just the fact that a few people are willing to start taking a risk again and sales numbers are up, that is all. There are some builders building spec homes, but I also know some builders that are having to offer land contract terms to sell these homes. If things were good they would not need to offer unconventional financing to sell their homes.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Funny thing is if you knew anything about the housing market you would know that the "recovery" is anything but. There is a massive surplus of homes waiting to be dumped on the market by banks. Also the foreclosure rate is still very high compared to a decade ago.
The housing market isn't going to truly start to recover until the surplus of bank owned houses is drawn way down, and foreclosures get back to the lower end of the spectrum. The recovery that you hear about is just the fact that a few people are willing to start taking a risk again and sales numbers are up, that is all. There are some builders building spec homes, but I also know some builders that are having to offer land contract terms to sell these homes. If things were good they would not need to offer unconventional financing to sell their homes.


Homes values jumped 24% in the first 3 months of 2013 in Arizona.

New homes are selling fast all across America.

It took 5 years but were are on the move again.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Arizona does not represent the entire country. In fact if you look at the YoY increase most states are less than 8%. That is not a good recovery at all.
edit on 5/3/2013 by SpaDe_ because: bad source



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


You seem to be well off and I'm glad for you, but I have been a carpenter/builder in th N.E. for 20yrs and it has never been this slow.

where ae all these new houses being built?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


You seem to be well off and I'm glad for you, but I have been a carpenter/builder in th N.E. for 20yrs and it has never been this slow.

where ae all these new houses being built?


Windgate Ranch Community : Toll Brothers + All of the rest in Arizona.

People are buying them now because if you wait 1 month then suddenly the same house

will cost you another $20,000 !!!


Buy low? They are not standing on the sidelines anymore.
edit on 3-5-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Arizona does not represent the entire country. In fact if you look at the YoY increase most states are less than 8%. That is not a good recovery at all.
edit on 5/3/2013 by SpaDe_ because: bad source


Everyone can see that the RED states are doing much better than the BLUE states.

The Red States create an environment for success.

The Blue States have created a Spiral of Despair and just sit around and blame others

for their failures. .............Sound Familiar ??? ....................Obama




"I can't get anything done because........X.....X......X......so i'm gonna go play golf."



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


I would not recomend buying a home from them if you are interested in quality and a home that will last.

Lots of corners cut, poor material. i only know cause i sub'ed for them.

i have heard Az is doing quite well, also i have a brother in NC building cookie cutter homes which seem to be selling. Again though I wouldn't buy one.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


I would not recomend buying a home from them if you are interested in quality and a home that will last.

Lots of corners cut, poor material. i only know cause i sub'ed for them.

i have heard Az is doing quite well, also i have a brother in NC building cookie cutter homes which seem to be selling. Again though I wouldn't buy one.


Here is a good example for you.

I found this one on Zillow.com.

17926 North 97th Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

$992,995
They are building 4 more new ones. See Ready to move in list.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Are you joking with me?

thats a bit rich for my blood. Maybe I forgot to mention I was a poor carpenter.

Guess we're just worlds appart



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivbnu
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Are you joking with me?

thats a bit rich for my blood. Maybe I forgot to mention I was a poor carpenter.

Guess we're just worlds appart


There are many,many, many other examples.


I just wanted you to go to the Zillow.com webpage and see the price jump every month!

It went up $20,000 just this month!



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


My main problem with the stock market is it's like weighted dice against you while you play craps!

How can our stock market have record highs while our nation's people cannot find better jobs or even better means to acquire better jobs? I know people who are stuck working jobs that were meant for teenagers and seasonal workers. If your seasonal jobs and teenager jobs are being taken by FT adults, well huston , i mean nation we have a problem.

Sequester My arsecheeks, give the american people jobs 1st, companies don't hire when they make tons of money, they just kept trying to make tons of money, you don't make high profits hiring a lot of people, specially when they're cost of living ( their pay ) will be higher than the rest of the world's employees....



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


Yup you're right.

The ignorant never learns.

This is all artificial.

The feds will eventually have to pull the money out. That's when everything will crash. There will be no 2nd bailouts and prepare to have you savings and pension funds confiscated like Cyprus.

This is all engineered to put us in more debt. THe 85 billions per month must be repaid back by the tax payers. This is by my prediction will be the end of the dollar. And the NWO will rise.



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


My main problem with the stock market is it's like weighted dice against you while you play craps!

How can our stock market have record highs while our nation's people cannot find better jobs or even better means to acquire better jobs? I know people who are stuck working jobs that were meant for teenagers and seasonal workers. If your seasonal jobs and teenager jobs are being taken by FT adults, well huston , i mean nation we have a problem.

Sequester My arsecheeks, give the american people jobs 1st, companies don't hire when they make tons of money, they just kept trying to make tons of money, you don't make high profits hiring a lot of people, specially when they're cost of living ( their pay ) will be higher than the rest of the world's employees....


I see you are from Maryland. That's another Blue State.


Having problems?

Secular Progressives sitting back dreaming up all new revenue streams to fund the state

budget? (



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1
reply to post by camaro68ss
 


Yup you're right.

The ignorant never learns.

This is all artificial.

The feds will eventually have to pull the money out. That's when everything will crash. There will be no 2nd bailouts and prepare to have you savings and pension funds confiscated like Cyprus.

This is all engineered to put us in more debt. THe 85 billions per month must be repaid back by the tax payers. This is by my prediction will be the end of the dollar. And the NWO will rise.


Thank You for that Doomsday Scenario.


Pessimist: The wind is in our face

Optimist: The wind will eventually change direction

Realist: Lets change the configuration of our sails



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 


Are you some sort of cheerleader or something?

"Rah, Rah, Rah! Something something captalism! Something something secular progressives!"

Are you even a real person?

I have some news for you: "Red" states have lower education levels, lower per capita incomes, are less healthy, have higher crime rates, higher homicide rates, higher poverty rates, take more federal money while putting less in, higher obesity, higher divorce rates, higher teen pregnancy rates, higher wealth disparity, etc, etc, etc. Taking into account the per capita incomes, their taxation rates are essentially identical.

I'm not sure what fantasy land you're living in, but the DOW has nothing to do with everyday Americans, nor does it make any statement whatsoever about red or blue states.
edit on 5/3/2013 by LuckyLucian because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Man that Kool-aid must be really delicious. Keep talking up the red states. You are right in that the blue states will continue to look for more and more sources of revenue (they are talking about raising taxes here in Maryland again), yet eventually all that will be tapped out. The only place to turn to after that is the federal level. If the feds bail out the state then they will take the money from the red states, so you end up in the same predicament as the blue states. If they don't bail out the state, then the state defaults and economic collapse (in the state) happens which could easily spread to more blue states and then eventually the red states and finally the whole country.

By the way New York (the location of Wall Street) is a blue state and this will eventually happen to them. What do you think will happen if New York goes bankrupt? Wall Street will follow. You really should stop singing praises, because the economy is only being propped up by an extremely frail (and getting frailer by the month) bubble.

One more point, if the Dow Jones is at a record high, why isn't this being reflected on main street with record job growth? If the Dow Jones was really a representation of our economy, then when it is at a record high, job growth should be at a record high as well, yet instead we get a measly 160K some jobs created a month. Yea nothing wrong there...



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can't believe you've kept this going for so long. Does nobody understand facetious? Tongue-in-cheek?



posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Man that Kool-aid must be really delicious. Keep talking up the red states. You are right in that the blue states will continue to look for more and more sources of revenue (they are talking about raising taxes here in Maryland again), yet eventually all that will be tapped out. The only place to turn to after that is the federal level. If the feds bail out the state then they will take the money from the red states, so you end up in the same predicament as the blue states. If they don't bail out the state, then the state defaults and economic collapse (in the state) happens which could easily spread to more blue states and then eventually the red states and finally the whole country.

By the way New York (the location of Wall Street) is a blue state and this will eventually happen to them. What do you think will happen if New York goes bankrupt? Wall Street will follow. You really should stop singing praises, because the economy is only being propped up by an extremely frail (and getting frailer by the month) bubble.

One more point, if the Dow Jones is at a record high, why isn't this being reflected on main street with record job growth? If the Dow Jones was really a representation of our economy, then when it is at a record high, job growth should be at a record high as well, yet instead we get a measly 160K some jobs created a month. Yea nothing wrong there...


I never said the U.S. Economy is perfect.


If we repeal ObamaCare, then the U.S. Economy will surge.


It doesn't take a PhD to see the problem.


BTW, If you live in Maryland then expect higher and higher Gas Taxes and more speed cams.

No points. They just want the $$$.





new topics




 
5
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join